Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wishes for next chapter

+11
Kevan Lyras
Lady Corrine Marsten
Septon Arlyn
Athelstan
Baelon Drakeson
Samurel Manderly
Yoren longshore
Gwyneth Drakeson
Nathaniel Mason
Ser Jorah Holt
Theomore Tullison
15 posters

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Wishes for next chapter - Page 5 Empty Re: Wishes for next chapter

Post by Reader Tue Feb 09, 2016 6:35 pm

Kevan Lyras wrote:Can we have dates (as in year/month) in the titles of the various off-season events please?
(e.g. 125/11: Trials at Riverrun, 126/02 Redwain wedding etc.)

In the words of one Barclays trader "
Done for you big boy."
:?

viewtopic.php?f=213&
t=2637
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevan Lyras Tue Feb 09, 2016 6:37 pm

But... but I just wanted some info, no manipulated interest rates :?
Thank you good ser!

Kevan Lyras

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Tue Feb 09, 2016 6:48 pm

Awesome, thanks for that...

Now how to squeeze everything in...

For people wishing to participate in the Septon's quest for the hammer I think that will occur in 126/3 in the vale (house Marsten's lands to be exact)

The Septon's adventures in maiden pool will take place during the trials at riverrun so 125/11
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Tue Feb 23, 2016 9:58 am

This is not so much a chapter 3 wish as a general one.

But could maybe king Viserys live a bit longer than he does in canon? Like, say, we throw an event where some PC comes along to treat Viserys' wound rather than the incompetent Orwyle :8-):
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Baelon Drakeson Tue Feb 23, 2016 1:11 pm

Just a passing thought - the war does not have to mean the end of the game. There is a lot that can be done in the aftermath, too. Rebuilding, settling new animosities to prevent feuds, working one's way up (or slowing one's fall down) the radically altered social ladder...
Baelon Drakeson
Baelon Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Tue Feb 23, 2016 1:13 pm

Well, Viserys getting sick would definitely force Theo to up his timetable Twisted Evil
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwyneth Drakeson Tue Feb 23, 2016 3:41 pm

Theomore Tullison wrote:This is not so much a chapter 3 wish as a general one.

But could maybe king Viserys live a bit longer than he does in canon? Like, say, we throw an event where some PC comes along to treat Viserys' wound rather than the incompetent Orwyle :8-):

Nonsense! We must adhere scrupulously to canon!

*kicks foot backwards to scuff the carpet over Dorne*
Gwyneth Drakeson
Gwyneth Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Tue Feb 23, 2016 3:43 pm

Or shorter downtimes, that works, too.
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Tue Feb 23, 2016 5:17 pm

Theomore Tullison wrote:Or shorter downtimes, that works, too.

Not for my sanity it doesn't. :;
):
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoren longshore Tue Feb 23, 2016 5:24 pm

Reader wrote:
Theomore Tullison wrote:Or shorter downtimes, that works, too.

Not for my sanity it doesn't. :;
):
I think he meant shorter IC downtimes.

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Tue Feb 23, 2016 6:00 pm

That means more stories between now and the war, further risking my sanity!

Equity markets are bad enough, this is my relaxing hobby.

Keen to get to the civil war without going insane.
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Tue Feb 23, 2016 9:07 pm

I definitely don't want the war to end the game.
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Tue Feb 23, 2016 9:11 pm

Theomore can create a story or two for you Twisted Evil
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Tue Feb 23, 2016 9:12 pm

Baelon wrote:Just a passing thought - the war does not have to mean the end of the game. There is a lot that can be done in the aftermath, too. Rebuilding, settling new animosities to prevent feuds, working one's way up (or slowing one's fall down) the radically altered social ladder...

Fear not. That's when I nail various house resources with crippling penalties for winter and then follow up with similar penalties for the sickness that sweeps the realm.

If we get that far the latter will make a fine event.

Appreciate the enthusiasm for the game from all involved - let's see how long we can keep this crazy project moving. First step - getting to the war.
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Tue Feb 23, 2016 9:12 pm

Theomore Tullison wrote:Theomore can create a story or two for you Twisted Evil

With that emoticon, I don't know whether to take that as a threat or a proposition.
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevan Lyras Mon Feb 29, 2016 7:35 am

Actually a wish for the offseason: I want to read more of what you guys are up to! Smile
There is Sam's journey I keep hearing references about, Luecian's aventures were briefly mentioned OOC and I am sure Theo is also up to no good, just to name a few.
Keep them stories coming! Razz

Kevan Lyras

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Mon Feb 29, 2016 7:44 am

Don't worry, I've got a few things in the works, just waiting on approval of some stuff, plus I'm mid conversation with a few Dulver's playing Lord Dulver, and I'm sure there are others who have stuff waiting to get approved as well☺️
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Mon Feb 29, 2016 10:20 am

Kevan Lyras wrote:Actually a wish for the offseason: I want to read more of what you guys are up to! Smile
There is Sam's journey I keep hearing references about, Luecian's aventures were briefly mentioned OOC and I am sure Theo is also up to no good, just to name a few.
Keep them stories coming! Razz

I have some downtime stuff which require reader approval, though since the sheet was the most important part to finalize, I've not gotten around to pester him about it much.

And Theo is up for greatness :mrgreen:
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoren longshore Mon Jul 25, 2016 12:27 am

I just wanted to chime in all that has been said into one post, as Reader has (understandably) been a bit busy, and as there is ALOT of requests... and as it will be relevant now that Reader is (hopefully) soon back. If I forgot someone, just post it under here;
)
When I am unsure of how to formulate it succinctly, or doing a poor job at representing I will leave a link.

To Reader: These are only requests, and I have by no means meant to insult when I use solid terms like "
Make this"
I of course mean "
It might be nice if you considered changing this slightly."
We all want this game to be enjoyable, and you have been good at making it so for a long amount of time, so if you do not take up a rule, we bow to the GM's better judgement :;
):
[quote="
Different PCs with a comprehension of the English language I can only dream about!"
]
[size=150:xigm3wuf]Event Design

More choice as in 'forced to choose
    Have two events at the same time, or two mini-stories at the same time like the offseason canon-events.
    If a character really does not make sense at a certain scene, allow them to have a presence of a secondary character (perhaps with much less XP)
    Events using a total of several abilities, having a "
    silver medal"
    when possible.
    Make different specialities do different things, persuasion with bargain is different from persuasion with convince. Explained here: viewtopic.php?f=75&
    t=2071#p57871

Random encounter chart:http://dragonsdance.forumatic.com/viewtopic.php?f=75&
    t=2071&
    start=20#p57977
    With an example here:http://dragonsdance.forumatic.com/viewtopic.php?f=75&
    t=2071&
    start=30#p58013
    Perhaps Encounters that other PCs can manage to reduce the workload of Reader?
    More risk in events

[size=150:xigm3wuf]Story Design
    Seeing Kings landing
    Have the PCs seeing cool NPCs doing stuff
    A larger "
    Total War"
    sort of situation where months can pass.
    NPCs doing more polizing of PCs, making sure that PCs don't have to step in viewtopic.php?f=75&
    t=2071#p57871

Less of the big picture hidden, small secrets OK, but even they should be revealed at a suitable time, for all to enjoy.
    Let both fighters and schemers get their places to shine, perhaps even separately.
    Let A few houses work together at some objectives

[size=150:xigm3wuf]Global Design
    Have black vs green more visibly

[size=150:xigm3wuf]Objective Design
    More individual elements for houses to achieve (bringing back the marvelous house objectives from the first story)
    Make house objectives not be in direct opposition to that of another house, though make sure houses has to interact.

[size=150:xigm3wuf]Mechanics Design
[size=150:xigm3wuf]Most Importantly
Theomore being the architect of the plotline
[size=85:xigm3wuf]And perhaps just enjoying ourselves creating a story that none of us could have made on our own!

Last edited by 145 on Mon Jul 25, 2016 3:31 pm; edited 1 time in total

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Mon Jul 25, 2016 8:48 am

Let's postpone that for chapter 4, have some rather explosive stuff planned for next downtime which could carry the basis for an entire chapter depending on how it goes, and whether or not there's enough time during chapter 3+downtime to make it happen.
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Baelon Drakeson Mon Jul 25, 2016 2:01 pm

Thanks Yoren! Putting things together like this can really spark some new ideas.

Yoren longshore wrote:[size=150:35ijew6s]Story Design
    Let A few houses work together at some objectives

[size=150:35ijew6s]Global Design
    Have black vs green more visibly

[size=150:35ijew6s]Objective Design
    More individual elements for houses to achieve (bringing back the marvelous house objectives from the first story)
    Make house objectives not be in direct opposition to that of another house, though make sure houses has to interact.

For instance, seeing these made me think "
Black goals and Green goals!"

That would give us a variety of goals that at least some of the time would end up in tension (at least in terms of task prioritization): Faction, House, and Personal.
Lovely when an activity promotes all three - but sometimes you would have to choose between working on a personal goal or a faction goal... and you have to decide which is more important to your character.

Yoren longshore wrote:[size=150:35ijew6s]Mechanics DesignBeing able to make a bigger battlemap for epic battles.[/list]
I've been working on that, in support of my idea for multiple armies on the same battlefield. Having a single, static battlemap of huge size is, at best, unwieldy. The best I have come up with so far would involve multiple maps, one or more that are static (castles, immovable siege, whatever) and one or more that are 'mobile' - basically rolling maps with coordinates relative to the static map, so that long range siege can play a role in both areas, or units can break off from one "
zone"
of engagement and move to another. As they would share a coordinate system, distances can be calculated. A master map showing the terrain would probably be necessary, but seeing it wouldn't be used for units, we can scale it down to one symbol per square representing the terrain type (with a key of course). It would be easiest if much of the battlespace is mostly all the same terrain, of course... but terrain makes things interesting. :;
):

Yoren longshore wrote:[size=150:35ijew6s]Most Importantly
Theomore being the architect of the plotline
Thank you, no. Contributor? Sure - we all are, all the time. Architect? No. Too many ways that could be completely unfun for various players. Not everyone enjoys what Theo thinks is fun and exciting. Theo doesn't know everything going on behind the scenes. Theo would have to make massive assumptions (really - we all already are) about what is going on in other places and how it affects us. Reader gets to see all of our private forums. Reader knows what our shadowy types are doing in the shadows, and what the NPCs are doing when none of us are around to see it. Reader should stay the story architect.

Yoren longshore wrote:[size=85:35ijew6s]And perhaps just enjoying ourselves creating a story that none of us could have made on our own!
This I completely agree with! Very Happy
Baelon Drakeson
Baelon Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoren longshore Mon Jul 25, 2016 2:31 pm

Theomore wrote:Let's postpone that for chapter 4, have some rather explosive stuff planned for next downtime which could carry the basis for an entire chapter depending on how it goes, and whether or not there's enough time during chapter 3+downtime to make it happen.
Postpone what? All of the suggestions? Or just those with global and story plans?

Baelon wrote:For instance, seeing these made me think "
Black goals and Green goals!"

That would give us a variety of goals that at least some of the time would end up in tension (at least in terms of task prioritization): Faction, House, and Personal.
Lovely when an activity promotes all three - but sometimes you would have to choose between working on a personal goal or a faction goal... and you have to decide which is more important to your character.
Perhaps we may even give people conflicting goals, which may play out interestingly. Like having personal goal "
staying chivalrous"
and house goal "
start black market trading"

Baelon wrote:I've been working on that, in support of my idea for multiple armies on the same battlefield. Having a single, static battlemap of huge size is, at best, unwieldy. The best I have come up with so far would involve multiple maps, one or more that are static (castles, immovable siege, whatever) and one or more that are 'mobile' - basically rolling maps with coordinates relative to the static map, so that long range siege can play a role in both areas, or units can break off from one "
zone"
of engagement and move to another. As they would share a coordinate system, distances can be calculated. A master map showing the terrain would probably be necessary, but seeing it wouldn't be used for units, we can scale it down to one symbol per square representing the terrain type (with a key of course). It would be easiest if much of the battlespace is mostly all the same terrain, of course... but terrain makes things interesting. :;
):
This is easily done by taking it to an offsite host, like pyromancers. I do a skype group that uses this quite successfully.

Baelon wrote:Thank you, no. Contributor? Sure - we all are, all the time. Architect? No. Too many ways that could be completely unfun for various players. Not everyone enjoys what Theo thinks is fun and exciting. Theo doesn't know everything going on behind the scenes. Theo would have to make massive assumptions (really - we all already are) about what is going on in other places and how it affects us. Reader gets to see all of our private forums. Reader knows what our shadowy types are doing in the shadows, and what the NPCs are doing when none of us are around to see it. Reader should stay the story architect.
I think it was meant as a joke, and in that case I think you killed it Sad

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevan Lyras Mon Jul 25, 2016 3:28 pm

One more thing: more choice as in 'forced to choose': (telltale games defined a whole game genre around it): 2 events at the same time, or two mini-stories at the same time like the offseason canon-events.
It is nice to have all the PCs at the same place for main events, but it is equally nice to have differently mixed groups at different events.

Kevan Lyras

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoren longshore Mon Jul 25, 2016 3:29 pm

Kevan Lyras wrote:One more thing: more choice as in 'forced to choose': (telltale games defined a whole game genre around it): 2 events at the same time, or two mini-stories at the same time like the offseason canon-events.
It is nice to have all the PCs at the same place for main events, but it is equally nice to have differently mixed groups at different events.
Will add it to the list;
)

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Mon Jul 25, 2016 3:48 pm

By postponing, I mean any significant stuff caused by Theo's IC shenanigans, all I do is create content reader can grab and throw into the big tale, but I don't see anything more than maybe a stand-alone event happening before there's another downtime to bring some of the bigger stuff to fruition.

The grand plan I have in the works could potentially create the reason as to why the chapter 4 (or 5, depending on how many DoS and such are needed) get-together happens at place X, and form the basis of some of the more pivotal event-threads, but at most it'll be a frame for whatever reader and other players wants to throw into it. I suspect that a downtime subforum with a little bit to do for everyone will be what happens should Theo pull it off.
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next