Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wishes for next chapter

+11
Kevan Lyras
Lady Corrine Marsten
Septon Arlyn
Athelstan
Baelon Drakeson
Samurel Manderly
Yoren longshore
Gwyneth Drakeson
Nathaniel Mason
Ser Jorah Holt
Theomore Tullison
15 posters

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Wishes for next chapter - Page 3 Empty Re: Wishes for next chapter

Post by Benedict Marsten Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:09 pm

Statistically the war will mean the end for some of us and I am not quite ready for that. I got to get in a few more heirs first. :;
):
Benedict Marsten
Benedict Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoren longshore Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:11 pm

Stab his other eye! If he can't see you he can't point hus killingmachine at you :;
):
I too would like kings landing. Maybe not for a long story but as a small one week offseason thing for players interested? Some characters wouldn't be suited for it, so maybe have some characters at kings landing while others roam the royal forest killing bandits/time?
Also if war comes a hostage situation would be awesome. Yoren (Player) Could totally agree to have Yoren (character) involved in that.
Maybe if the story drags out we could play potential heirs?

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:11 pm

Benedict Marsten wrote:Statistically the war will mean the end for some of us and I am not quite ready for that. I got to get in a few more heirs first. :;
):

I quite agree. :;
): Give us a decade or two to get our affairs in order. Laughing I need a few strong sons to avenge my inevitable assassination.
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Baelon Drakeson Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:12 pm

Well, there's war, and then there's THE war. As mentioned before, a return to the Stepstones could get us all more or less working together - for a while at least.
We have about four more years until the King dies, by canon, at least - of course we are not at all bound to that.
Baelon Drakeson
Baelon Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:13 pm

I would say I'm very much in favour of a game spanning generations. I'm working on setting up a new Marsten succession crisis for just that purpose. I'm thinking something Tudor-esque. Twisted Evil
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevan Lyras Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:19 pm

We have about four more years until the King dies, by canon, at least - of course we are not at all bound to that.

True, but as long as everybody keeps increasing the peace score in the events, the war will unlikely come earlier :;
):
(We need some more warmongers it seems..)

Kevan Lyras

Back to top Go down

Post by Samurel Manderly Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:20 pm

Multi-Generational would be fun, Multi Local would be a nice reprieve from the main story line, playing men of the night's watch or free company men in Essos

Samurel Manderly

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoren longshore Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:23 pm

Samurel Manderly wrote:Multi-Generational would be fun, Multi Local would be a nice reprieve from the main story line, playing men of the night's watch or free company men in Essos
I do think that might break the fluency, butmaybe having it as an extra for PCs wishing to do a paralell storyline? If reader is strapped for time having another GM. Then we can see events from another perspective too.

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Baelon Drakeson Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:26 pm

I for one am not eager to simply set aside a character I have been developing for the better part of a year.
Baelon Drakeson
Baelon Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:30 pm

I quite like the Stepstones idea, which seems popular with several players. Several story seeds dropped for this previously (Nathaniel has a doozy from his Offseason 1 house event).

Further, it might be more of a return to story 1 style competition (for resources, military/political support, trying to outdo each other), but with a common enemy. Potential for reinforcements to arrive "
late"
etc. Jockeying for position - I'll offer multiple keeps/ports, but with higher scores getting first pick just like in story 1. This has some promise and seems popular. If we're ambitious we could run some PCs in KL negoiating/scheming while others make war in the Stepstones (book style multiple location flavour!) but this limits the opportunities for interaction beyond letter writing.

- House Objectives: dropping these was a mistake. I thought they'd done their work of encouraging interaction between/within houses, but they're clearly popular and helped drive roleplay. They'll come back.
- Global mechanics: War/Peace, Green v Black. Glad people like this and will bring it back more explicitly next time. This one is more freeform as a lot comes down to the final peace.
- King's Landing: likely to be a brief offseason event. It wraps up a prize from Season 1 that the Blacks won and that Ser Jorah and Daveth and spent a lot of time on.
- XP costs: I've largely stuck to regulating things by hand and restricting what people can spend XP on. I don't want to go back and adjust the rules, so I'll probably stick to just heavily guiding character development. I know it means sometimes people don't get what they want, but we can negotiate and this is good for balance. Loreia made the melee final with fighting 4 and Nathaniel/Theomore have had good success in events and intrigue despite not being awash with 5s. I'm not going to go back and adjust XP spending after the fact, that seems messy and will (rightly) upset people.
- Players policing others players: my mistake. Sorry. This caused House Coldbrook/Drakeson undue stress. I come from L5R's winter court, which is all about death duels! However, we're telling a longer, more involved story here. My apologies to all of you.

- Event feedback: warmly received. In the odd place I'll try to highlight single unusual abilities, while also adding more of the mixed rolls. However, there will still be the odd occasion where simple intrigues weigh heavily.

- Assistant GMs/side stories etc: you'll ALWAYS be able to play your "
main"
characters. Agree on Baelon's point about focusing on characters we've invested in. Open to people doing side stuff if they pitch me something compelling.

[Nathaniel - there are indeed lots of NPCs with 6s! Criston Cole's stats and a mystery schemer are in the power level thread and you've all seen what even a heavily injured, fatigued Ser Jon Roxton can do!]
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:33 pm

Lady Corrine Marsten wrote:I would say I'm very much in favour of a game spanning generations. I'm working on setting up a new Marsten succession crisis for just that purpose. I'm thinking something Tudor-esque. Twisted Evil

Well, considering the plans I have for Theomore, I could play his great grandson, with Theo's vigor and universally disliked by pretty much any POV character that meets him since he was four. Sounds like phun. Twisted Evil
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Athelstan Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:37 pm

Yes, I died in a l5r to Scorpion player in the Courts, I have not even met, but I was a taisa of considerable strength and continued to beat his Scorpion army and foil him unknowingly in other ways, such is the way of Rokugan.

I do believe Stepstone can be an interesting idea and House Objectives were fun.

Multi-generation can just be something along the lines of after the Dragons Dance, jump a generation or so perhaps and continue to develop houses and then participate in another historical event or create our own?

Athelstan

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:42 pm

Appreciate all the enthusiasm and long term plans, but let's remember this is the first big PbP game to make it through its first story. These things are a lot of work, but a lot of fun too. Smile

I love the long term ambition and it's my dream to hit the kind of "
time jump"
that people have discussed, but let's see what happens.

Oh, on pictures for NPCS as Theomore asked about it - still intend to do this, but in a one-off master thread rather than in every post. Far too much work to do it every time (I'm convinced that this is one of the reasons SA and BITW broke down :;
): . Dragon's Dance is lo-fi but sturdier). Players very welcome to help with this.
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoren longshore Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:45 pm

Stepstones would be cool, although I'd like to have a sidestory at KL then... Both for Yoren and some other PCs that has little to do on a battlefield. Yoren would be outshone by 3 npcs and one PC just from his own camp. We have 3 with 4 in command for pete's sake!

Or maybe just get a secondary char to play, that would be simpler...

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:47 pm

Yoren longshore wrote:Stepstones would be cool, although I'd like to have a sidestory at KL then... Both for Yoren and some other PCs that has little to do on a battlefield. Yoren would be outshone by 3 npcs and one PC just from his own camp. We have 3 with 4 in command for pete's sake!

Or maybe just get a secondary char to play, that would be simpler...

Official mini story/offseason event at KL post story 2 confirmed. Smile

You'll see some big hitters and there will be a gap in the kingsguard by then.

- Stepstones stuff: I'll try to make sure everyone has something to do. I think I've demonstrated an ability to involve a wide variety of skillsets. Smile
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Athelstan Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:48 pm

I think the Stepstone can be a double sided story

Most warrior focused PC's would march to war, while the others are securing resources and scheming at KL?

Athelstan

Back to top Go down

Post by Samurel Manderly Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:50 pm

Athelstan wrote:I think the Stepstone can be a double sided story

Most warrior focused PC's would march to war, while the others are securing resources and scheming at KL?

I rather enjoy that, and would allow a lot of the more exotic nature of Essos to come out.

Samurel Manderly

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:59 pm

In SA the two narrators tried to run a dozen primary NC's with their own agendas. Plus twice that number of fleshed out secondaries. And the player they appointed as narrator number three went inactive immediately after.

And then there were inter-player conflict and waning narrator activity.
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Mon Nov 23, 2015 9:55 pm

So wait, only the Tullisons (and maybe some others) actually have house objectives this time around?

Is reader the [url=Manipulator behind the Manipulator?][/url] giving objectives to the house with the PC that will stir up all sorts of crazy shit to pursue them?
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevan Lyras Mon Nov 23, 2015 9:58 pm

I don't know about the Tullisons, but we have just one big objective rather than multiple smaller ones as in story 1

Kevan Lyras

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Mon Nov 23, 2015 10:14 pm

Kevan Lyras wrote:I don't know about the Tullisons, but we have just one big objective rather than multiple smaller ones as in story 1

Same for everyone. Will bring back old style objectives (which were specifically designed to encourage interaction within and between houses).
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathaniel Mason Tue Nov 24, 2015 12:57 am

I would love to see something in Highgarden.

One of my favourite sequences in Dragaon Age Inquisition is the Orlesian Winter Ball, where everyone has to keep their machinations under the thin veneer of gentile society.

Each House could have it's own Court approval ranking. (Warriors can still hack people to pieces, they just have to keep them hidden or couch them in the context of 'duels of Honor'.)

Okay. Perhaps I am a little selfish in that the venue allows me to showcase my massive wardrobe, but I think it would be a very fun dynamic.
Nathaniel Mason
Nathaniel Mason

Back to top Go down

Post by Samurel Manderly Tue Nov 24, 2015 1:01 am

Nathaniel Mason wrote:I would love to see something in Highgarden.

One of my favourite sequences in Dragaon Age Inquisition is the Orlesian Winter Ball, where everyone has to keep their machinations under the thin veneer of gentile society.

Each House could have it's own Court approval ranking. (Warriors can still hack people to pieces, they just have to keep them hidden or couch them in the context of 'duels of Honor'.)

Okay. Perhaps I am a little selfish in that the venue allows me to showcase my massive wardrobe, but I think it would be a very fun dynamic.

This, especially since it basically describes a more lively Summer/Winter Court from L5R. and the Reach in particular attracts me as well, for very much the same reasons. a Masquerade. Court approvals, etc. Sounds all really really appealing.

Samurel Manderly

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Tue Nov 24, 2015 1:03 am

Nathaniel Mason wrote:I would love to see something in Highgarden.

I loved that bit too! I second that proposal!

I see Nathan very much as Dorian. :;
):
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathaniel Mason Tue Nov 24, 2015 1:09 am

Lady Corrine Marsten wrote:I see Nathan very much as Dorian. :;
):

Without the incredibly dum looking Freddie Mercury moustache. Smile
Nathaniel Mason
Nathaniel Mason