Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[D4 MN] No Lords, No Masters

+4
Marq Mooton
Loreia
Kevan Lyras
Reader
8 posters

Go down

[D4 MN] No Lords, No Masters Empty [D4 MN] No Lords, No Masters

Post by Reader Sat Nov 28, 2015 3:37 pm

[OOC: depending on the approach taken here I may have a side thread for multiple combats. Or the PCs may choose to send in a warfare unit to clear out those responsible.

You can participate in this thread and any partner threads if you learned the necessary information in Step 3 of "
A Royal Arrival Makes Sparks Fly"
- you'll have got a PM that says so explicitly if you rolled well enough. Fear not if you didn't get this - several PCs did and can invite others.

If someone wants to try to beat the other characters and get here first (for a suicidal solo charge?), please drop me a PM explaining why and include an animal handling (ride) roll.]

The perpetrators of the outrage at the Green Dragon Inn are tucked deep inside the natural caverns beside one of the many rivers that ultimately feeds the mighty Blue Fork river.

Would the royal investigators prove swift enough of steed and strong enough of sword arm to bring them to justice?
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

[D4 MN] No Lords, No Masters Empty Re: [D4 MN] No Lords, No Masters

Post by Reader Sat Nov 28, 2015 8:36 pm

[someone has made an effort to head to the caverns early. Animal Handling (ride) to attempt to reach the location at the same time]
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Sun Nov 29, 2015 4:45 pm

[OOC: this is going to be split in to three threads. Each PC can only participate in one option.

1) Baelon - headstart + Brother Kyle's knowledge = faces off with Ser Hugh Rivers, with Lord Drakeson potentially conflicted by his previous conversation with Brother Kyle
2) Warrior PCs = their own individual combats in the caverns [winding terrain + easier for me to manage separate combats], including the odd instance of trying to defeat opponents before they dash past you with a flaming brand in to a room full of Wildfire! Twisted Evil
3) Non combatant PCs = trying to manage the non-combatants pouring out of the caves once combat starts. Standard assumption is a simple intrigue to represent calming people, but I'm open to the use of Awareness (empathy) [to avoid fighters sneaking out] cunning (logic) [logistics effort] and so on. You don't need to spend destiny for substitution, just appropriate roleplay.

- Ser Jorah's noble squire, Trelane, has informed everyone present at the Green Door Inn explosion of events here, so everyone is invited.

For each of the above's threads:

1) I'll create the thread.
2) Create your own thread please and I'll thrown in your oppoents.
3) I'll create the main thread - please post your rolled ability and some narrative

Edit: should add, this thread will remain open to allow straggling players who were too busy to participate "
live"
to flex their abilities in scene 2 or 3 if desired Smile ]
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevan Lyras Sun Nov 29, 2015 5:34 pm

Warrior PCs = their own individual combats in the caverns
So, each fighting PC has to fight on his own (= one thread per fighter) or can we split into groups of twos or threes as well? Maybe, this is only a language issue, but I am not sure if "
individual combats"
refers to each PC on its own or multiple groups

Kevan Lyras

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Sun Nov 29, 2015 6:02 pm

Kevan Lyras wrote:
Warrior PCs = their own individual combats in the caverns
So, each fighting PC has to fight on his own (= one thread per fighter) or can we split into groups of twos or threes as well? Maybe, this is only a language issue, but I am not sure if "
individual combats"
refers to each PC on its own or multiple groups

Whatever your preference is (smaller groups = easier), but make sure you've got at least two PC groups fighting beyond Baelon to cover both paths you lot learned about in the survival rolls. Shouldn't be a big issue given the number of warriors we have.
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Loreia Sun Nov 29, 2015 9:57 pm

Will make my own thread.

Regarding combat groupings for our approaches to either entrance, here are the fighter types I assume we have available, with Jorah, me, and Kevan grouped together already. My hope is that Walton and Garred will be joining us, if at least to play a part in the narrative if they are not available to post. If Walton can post, mayhaps he gets two combats - one two-on-two, or a one-on-one each for him and his cohort? Who knows, maybe Samurel can participate in an ambush-to-stealth-repeat style. Ample opportunity to shadow and surprise the enemy with fatal disadvantage in these dark caves...

I do not know if Marq's character build can take a combat, or if he's opting for combat. I've listed all the combat players I can think of for a total of 12. This gives us a 7-7 split, down to a 6-5 if certain players intrigue instead of combat. Since Loreia, Jorah, and Kevan have already left, Corrine has carte blanch to assign whoever from whichever house evenly among the teams to the effect of each group working with other houses jointly.

For roleplay: Ben is playing bodyguard to Yoren on Corrine's order, calling back to the funeral thread. Per my proposed groupings, we could each easily take on at least one enemy for a total of 11-14 enemies, to represent what is probably a larger number of indistinguished minions(stat-wise).

Luecian
Kevan
Jorah
Loreia
Ben
Marq?
Dunstan
Theomore?
Walton+Garred
Jergen
Ereth

Possible fighter groupings, ideal numbers
Following after Baelon
Baelon (solo)
Kevan
Jorah
Loreia
Ereth
Marq?
Luecian
With Corrine
Ben
Walton+Garred
Luecian
Theomore?
Dunstan
Jergen
Loreia
Loreia

Back to top Go down

Post by Marq Mooton Sun Nov 29, 2015 10:10 pm

Theo is elsewhere, Marq would not participate actively in any combat, and if he did, it would be next to Dunstan.

Marq Mooton

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Sun Nov 29, 2015 10:12 pm

[ooc: Corrine is non-combatant, though prepared to defend herself if necessary]
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoren longshore Mon Nov 30, 2015 7:17 am

If needed Yoren might help. He has 3 in all the relevant stats. Not enough to go through plate, but he can bring down any lesser man.

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Walton Dulver Thu Dec 03, 2015 7:58 pm

anyone would like to get Walton (or Garred also? not a must as Garred is pretty average fighter) in team?Very Happy would be pleased to have some fighting also
Ser Walton Dulver
Ser Walton Dulver

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Thu Dec 03, 2015 8:18 pm

Ser Walton Dulver wrote:anyone would like to get Walton (or Garred also? not a must as Garred is pretty average fighter) in team?Very Happy would be pleased to have some fighting also

I'm afraid those combats are effectively over.

As discussed via PM, please create your own thread and you'll have a chance to cross swords, potentially with Dunstan (if not he can have his own combat thread).
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Walton Dulver Thu Dec 03, 2015 8:25 pm

Reader wrote:
Ser Walton Dulver wrote:anyone would like to get Walton (or Garred also? not a must as Garred is pretty average fighter) in team?Very Happy would be pleased to have some fighting also

I'm afraid those combats are effectively over.

As discussed via PM, please create your own thread and you'll have a chance to cross swords, potentially with Dunstan (if not he can have his own combat thread).

okay, so viewtopic.php?f=191&
t=2219
Ser Walton Dulver
Ser Walton Dulver

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Thu Dec 03, 2015 8:44 pm

Or if you wanted to you could go the non combatants route, but I'm sure reader could magic up a third (until now undiscovered) entrance if you wanted to swing some swords. And you could probably have Ser Garred and Walton fight in there as well, as Ser Jorah and his squire fought in their cave entrance
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Thu Dec 03, 2015 8:47 pm

Septon Arlyn wrote:Or if you wanted to you could go the non combatants route, but I'm sure reader could magic up a third (until now undiscovered) entrance if you wanted to swing some swords. And you could probably have Ser Garred and Walton fight in there as well, as Ser Jorah and his squire fought in their cave entrance

No change to the geography, Ser Walton will merely be the rearguard cleaning up stragglers. I had c20 enemies to play with and have used 16 (ex Ser Hugh).

- If Lord Tullison is available it will be the 2 PCs v 4 man-at-arms profile foes, otherwise Ser Walton will face 2 and Dunstan 2 upon his return.

Preserves my world's geography and matches the foe's strength that some PCs successfully estimated.
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Walton Dulver Thu Dec 03, 2015 8:52 pm

Reader wrote:
Septon Arlyn wrote:Or if you wanted to you could go the non combatants route, but I'm sure reader could magic up a third (until now undiscovered) entrance if you wanted to swing some swords. And you could probably have Ser Garred and Walton fight in there as well, as Ser Jorah and his squire fought in their cave entrance

No change to the geography, Ser Walton will merely be the rearguard cleaning up stragglers. I had c20 enemies to play with and have used 16 (ex Ser Hugh).

- If Lord Tullison is available it will be the 2 PCs v 4 man-at-arms profile foes, otherwise Ser Walton will face 2 and Dunstan 2 upon his return.

Preserves my world's geography and matches the foe's strength that some PCs successfully estimated.

would be nice to fight beside Tullison again, so let's see what he will say :;
):
Ser Walton Dulver
Ser Walton Dulver

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down