Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[D4 MN] No Lords No Masters- Shepards

5 posters

Go down

[D4 MN] No Lords No Masters- Shepards Empty [D4 MN] No Lords No Masters- Shepards

Post by Ser Walton Dulver Thu Dec 03, 2015 8:25 pm

As Ser Walton and Ser Garred were involved in war activites until the very last moment, they had to to go alone for their hunt. Following the old shephard, who was claiming that he saw some suspisicious men around, they were sneaking through rocky grounds...

[OOC: preferably only Walton involved into fight, Garred seems little burden for him xD But it's not my decision Razz ]
Ser Walton Dulver
Ser Walton Dulver

Back to top Go down

[D4 MN] No Lords No Masters- Shepards Empty Re: [D4 MN] No Lords No Masters- Shepards

Post by Reader Thu Dec 03, 2015 8:32 pm

[OOC: bookmarking this and awaiting a reply from Lord Tullison. If his work has calmed down, both of you can tackle this threat, if not, I'll hold a couple of foes back for him so I don't exceed the number of enemies some PCs discovered were dwelling in the cave.

Ser Walton, you'll start the combat with 1 fatigue and 1 injury as a result of: viewtopic.php?f=193&
t=2103

No doubt this will only make any triumph more glorious, being won in adversity!

Happy for Garred to sit this out.]
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

[D4 MN] No Lords No Masters- Shepards Empty Re: [D4 MN] No Lords No Masters- Shepards

Post by Reader Sat Dec 05, 2015 10:10 am

[OOC: Dunstan or our new Lannister should fight alongside you here Walton, just waiting for the latter to finish his background. Dunstan can have his own scene.]
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Walton Dulver Sat Dec 05, 2015 10:25 am

Reader wrote:[OOC: Dunstan or our new Lannister should fight alongside you here Walton, just waiting for the latter to finish his background. Dunstan can have his own scene.]

[OOC: fine by me, we can go together :;
): ]
Ser Walton Dulver
Ser Walton Dulver

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Sun Dec 06, 2015 12:07 pm

[OOC: Ser Tymon Lannister and Ser Walton Dulver face:

2 War-weary Men-at-arms [Secondary characters]
Agility 3 Athletics 4 Fighting 4 (Swords 1B) Awareness 3 Endurance 3 Will 3
Equipment: Shield, Long sword, Splint Armour
Attack: 5d6k4, 5 Damage
CD 9
AR 7
Health 9

2 Fanatical Woodsmen - Tertiary characters

Agility 3 Athletics 3 (strength 1B) Fighting 3 Endurance 3
Equipment: Greatsword, soft leather armour.
CD: 7
AR: 2
Health: 9

[url=Initiative][/url]: 2#3d6-1 8 9
[url=Initiative][/url]: 2#3d6-3 8 11]
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Walton Dulver Sun Dec 06, 2015 7:43 pm

[url=initiative][/url]: 3d6-4 10 minus whatever else counts: ionjury? fatigue?

Ser Walton
HP 12/12
CD 11
AR 8
FIW 0/0/0

[OOC: If I use fatigue point to avoid armour penalty for CD, does it work for whole round or one attack against me only? If it's full round, I will take one]
Ser Walton Dulver
Ser Walton Dulver

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Jorah Holt Sun Dec 06, 2015 8:26 pm

ooc - lasts until your next action

Ser Jorah Holt

Back to top Go down

Post by Tymon Lannister Sun Dec 06, 2015 11:15 pm

Arrived with Ser Walton and I follow him into the cave

[url=Initiative Roll][/url]: 3d6-4 10

Ser Tymon Lannister
CD 8 (AR Cool
Health 9/9
I/W/F: 0/0/0

Tymon Lannister

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Walton Dulver Mon Dec 07, 2015 6:36 pm

[tiebreaker for Walton [url=initiative][/url]: 3d6-4 5-2=3

But I was thinking about something else also: how does Garred's Warfare replace others initiative rolls? EDIT: Okay, I see now
[url=warfare initiative][/url]: 4d6 19 so 3DoS
[url=initiative 3B][/url]: 3d6 10, so Walton's initiative would be rolled 3,5,6=14-4-2=8 again? Shame I didn't know about that before, when I was rolling first time... Does Tymon also get 3B from Garred's roll? :/]
Ser Walton Dulver
Ser Walton Dulver

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Mon Dec 07, 2015 8:21 pm

[OOC: from the commentary above it seems Ser Garred is sitting out the fight, but I'll assume you've changed your mind.

I took the liberty of rolling Tyron's bonus dice:
[url=Initiative][/url]: 3d6 13

Initiative order:
Tyron Lannister
Man at Arms A
Walton Dulver
Fanatic B
Man at arms B]
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Mon Dec 07, 2015 9:46 pm

[OOC: given my property issues (see AFK thread) any assistance with the combat is appreciated, even from the players involved.

NPC tactics:
Men-at-arms: They will attempt to tie up PCs in melee for as long as possible while their more reckless companions do damage.
Fanatics: - They'll attempt to knockdown their opponents initially, using the "
move"
bonus if possible. Then switch to a mixture of assists, reckless attacks and even dropping their swords to "
grab"
opponents. These are fanatics afterall.]
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tymon Lannister Tue Dec 08, 2015 2:03 am

Ser Tymon Lannister charges the Man at Arms, his every sense heightened as he feels the blood sing in his veins as he enters combat. He swings his sword in a powerful strike as he charges but the man that he faces is too slow to parry his blow. His blade bites deep into the neck of his enemy, doing horrendous damage, instantly killing him. Tymon grimly smiles and looks to the next foe.

Greater Action: Charge
[url=Charge vs. Man at Arms A][/url]: 8d6k5 26
4 DoS x 7 Damage = 28 - 7 AR = 21 Points of Damage = Dead Man of Arms

Tymon Lannister

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Walton Dulver Tue Dec 08, 2015 10:21 am

[Ooc: Fanatic A lost in initiative order, as man at arms id dead, i guess Fanatic A moves now, then Walton and so on...]
Ser Walton Dulver
Ser Walton Dulver

Back to top Go down

Post by Luecian LongBow Tue Dec 08, 2015 10:54 am

Fanatic A moves up into the space created as the Man at Arms fell to the ground. Moving next to the knight who had just proved himself dangerous, he lunges at his legs trying to surprise his opponent and knock him off his feet. As Ser Tymon falls to the ground off balance, the fanatical woodsman does his best to bring his greatsword crashing down on the vulnerable knight. The great sword crashes down but the knight's armor serves its function well and absorbs the impact of the blow.

Fatigue for Lesser Action-move
Lesser Action-Knockdown
Lesser Action-Attack
[url=Knockdown vs Ser Tymon][/url]: 3d6+2 15
[url=Attack vs Ser Tymon][/url]: 4d6 12-1 =11 1DoS, 7 dmg - 8AR = 0 dmg to Ser Tymon but he remains knocked down.

Revised Initiative order:
Tymon Lannister
Fanatic A
Man at Arms A-DEAD
Walton Dulver
Fanatic B
Man at arms B

(ooc-Walton's up next)
Luecian LongBow
Luecian LongBow

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Walton Dulver Tue Dec 08, 2015 11:32 am

[url=atrack vs man at arms][/url]: 9d6k6-2 33 4x6dmg-AR, Dead also?

Ser Walton with two long steps approached second man at arms, striking an overhand blow from the bottom, which split opponent's chin into halfs...

Ser Walton
CD 11
AR 8
HP 12/12
FIW 1/1/0
Ser Walton Dulver
Ser Walton Dulver

Back to top Go down

Post by Luecian LongBow Tue Dec 08, 2015 12:13 pm

(I think it leaves him at 1 health, takes 18 dmg to kill him after AR. 24-7 AR=17 but he has 3 injuries now Smile )

The man at arms is clearly seriously injured from the larger knight's brutal blow but seems to cling to life still. Fanatic B seeing two dangerous opponents opts to attack the one on the ground rather than the one standing, thinking him to be the more vulnerable target. He recklessly puts everything he has into raising his greatsword high and bring it crashing down on his foe. The heavy sword crushes hard down onto the knight doing clear and definite harm.

Greater Action-Reckless attack plus KD die
[url=Reckless Attack vs Ser Tymon][/url]: 5d6 20-CD8=12, 3 DoS*7=21 dmg-8 AR=13 dmg to Ser Tymon

(Full disclosure I had originally rolled to see who they attacked but it made more sense to me that he would jump on the more vulnerable target, so I went with that)

Man at Arms B gathers his remaining strength perhaps fueled by adrenaline and sweeps his weapon hard at the knight's legs clearly trying to send him to the ground next to his companion. He succeeds as his efforts send the knight reeling to the ground. He follows up with a favorable attack on the now off balance knight. The longsword connects but does not make it past the knight's heavy armor.

Lesser Action-knockdown
Lesser Action-Attack
[url=Knockdown vs Ser Walton][/url]: 4d6-3 14
[url=Attack vs Ser Walton with KD Die][/url]: 6d6k5 17-3=14 1DoS, 5 Dmg - 8AR =0 dmg to Ser Walton

Tymon Lannister- took 13 dmg in rd 1(likely 2 injuries, 2/9 Health)
Fanatic A
Man at Arms A-DEAD
Walton Dulver
Fanatic B(CD 2 for Rd 2 from Reckless Attack)
Man at arms B-1/9 3 Injuries

(ooc-Ser Tymon up next)
Luecian LongBow
Luecian LongBow

Back to top Go down

Post by Tymon Lannister Wed Dec 09, 2015 6:26 pm

I attempt to stand but am unable to do so after the wound I received and I fall back to the ground.

[url=Attempt to Stand][/url]: 3d6-2 7

I then attempt to swing my sword at the Fanatic and even from an awkward position manage an excellent strike.

[url=Attack on Fanatic A][/url]: 8d6k6-2 28

4 DoS x 5 Base Damage = 20 - 2 AR = 18 Points of Damage = Dead Fanatic

Contingent Fatigue- will take a fatigue to negate AP if attacked(CD increases to 12)

Last edited by 201 on Wed Dec 09, 2015 8:59 pm; edited 1 time in total

Tymon Lannister

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Walton Dulver Wed Dec 09, 2015 7:33 pm

[OOC: You could use major action to stand up and use fatigue point to attack :;
): Not sure what are penalties for attacking from prone position, but whatever it would be- Fanatic is dead Razz ]

[Forgot that I was knocked down, so: can I somehow use Fatigue points to let me stand up and make divided attack or do I have to use DP to stay on foot or remake my turn? That was good move, guys :/]

[url=Divided Attack - Man at Arms][/url]: 6d6k4 23-2=21 3DoS*6dmg-7AR=DEAD
[url=Divided Attack - Fanatic B][/url]: 3d6k2 10-2=8 2DoS*6dmg-2AR=DEAD

Ser Walton rolled towards his opponents, then gracefully passed in pirouette between two enemies, his blade only flashed. He straightened up and hid his sword in scabbard, while behind him two headless corpses were slowly sliding lower, to finally collapse to the ground, few feets from belonging to them heads, which bounced before they froze motionless...
Ser Walton Dulver
Ser Walton Dulver

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Walton Dulver Thu Dec 10, 2015 6:23 am

[url=fatigue- stand up try][/url]: 3d6-5 8

[Failed stand up try, but i will leave description how it is, as it doesn't maater- party is over and doing anything more than necessarily on phone brings suicidal thoughts]
Ser Walton Dulver
Ser Walton Dulver

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down