Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[D4 EE] the Dulver Delegation, under the hammered banner

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

[D4 EE] the Dulver Delegation, under the hammered banner Empty [D4 EE] the Dulver Delegation, under the hammered banner

Post by Septon Arlyn Thu Dec 03, 2015 3:47 pm

Septon Arlyn strode into the camp, feeling slightly refreshed at his accomplishments in Blackbuckle. Nodding to the guards he pushes the tent flap back as he enters the main pavilion of the Dulver's.

"
Good evening gentlemen, it is a pleasure to see you all gathered here."

Septon Arlyn takes a look around the pavilion, searching for some bread and jerky.
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

[D4 EE] the Dulver Delegation, under the hammered banner Empty Re: [D4 EE] the Dulver Delegation, under the hammered banner

Post by Terren Dulver Thu Dec 03, 2015 6:37 pm

Terren Dulver calmly enters camp, walks up to the pavilion, requesting permission from the guards. Goes in and ,with perhaps a smidge of excitement in his voice, answers

"
And a good evening to you Septon Arlyn, it is a pleasure to be here. How can I be of assistance?"

Terren Dulver

Back to top Go down

[D4 EE] the Dulver Delegation, under the hammered banner Empty Re: [D4 EE] the Dulver Delegation, under the hammered banner

Post by Septon Arlyn Thu Dec 03, 2015 7:02 pm

"
Ah Terren Dulver, what a pleasure it is to see you! How was your travel here? And there is some thing you can help me with."
Septon Arlyn gestures over to the table.i am sure glad that Lord Dulver is sparing no expense in ensuring we have the adequate number of skilled people to assist us with this investigation. "
I am just about to prepare my notes for when the Royal overseer gets here, so that I can better describe this information we have gathered."
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Walton Dulver Thu Dec 03, 2015 7:53 pm

as Ser Walton and Ser Garred were approaching the pavilion, guards were stepping aside to let them walk through. Both knights were answering to soldiers' greetings, here with nod of the head, word or pat to the shoulder. As soon as Walton noticed Terren Dulver, he slapped him friendly on the shoulder -Nice to see kin around. How was Your trip Terren?- Garred added coldly -About the time...- Walton just waved away with his hand on old Captain's reproach and took the jug and a cup from the table -We just had some... event, yes... with some rabble, but it went nicely and smoothly- He broke of piece of goose pie and put into his mouth. -You have probably seen some corpses, fires and other praiseworthy qualities of art of war- took a sip of wine.

Ser Garred's attention were given mostly to Septon soon after greeting. -How situation does look like, Septon? What did we miss while we were taking care of bandits, rebels and Seven know who else?-
Ser Walton Dulver
Ser Walton Dulver

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Thu Dec 03, 2015 10:52 pm

"
The situation is honestly fairly grim. At the assembly this morning we have finally gotten around to becoming of one purpose hopefully and Lady Corrine is set on taking charge. Hopefully this will smooth out some of the wrinkles with the investigation processes and help us from overlapping too much in our investigations, allowing us to follow more leads that arrive from the various investigations."

[Septon Arlyn explains what happens in the assembly thread here;
so consider yourself to have IC knowledge of the events that transpired here]

[url:3cmx2b0g]http:
//dragonsdance.
forumatic.
com/viewtopic.
php?f=189&
t=2079[/url:3cmx2b0g]

"
Unfortunately Ser Raynald Dulver appears to have taken ill, and his injury is not responding to the treats I have administered. He stated that this damp air does not agree with him and is considering returning to the Stepstones, where the weather agrees with him a bit better"

[I think that Ser Raynald Is gone, Just giving a IC reason for it]

"
Also I have a favor to request, Ser Jorah Holt, an honorable knight, has requested that we provide assistance to Septry at Battle Valley. I feel that this is a good and noble purpose and wish to provide our engineers to assist with the rebuilding process. Also I feel that it would be a good time to practice some of the arch techniques that I would like to use when we build the monument to The Smiths Hammer, If we ever find the blasted thing. He offered to share the investigation results from the Septry with us if we can allow for that, I feel that with Ser Garreds investigation of the Septry it might be a case of confirming the information we already know. I think it would be more valuable to gain the favor of a knight who is likely to become a Kingsguard myself. Maybe we can send some of our men from the infantry unit now to help clean and rebuild the Septry, until our engineers can arrive."

[ Here is the conversation that I had with Ser Jorah, as well as my foiled attempt to investigate the Blackwoods Maester, who was actually guilty]

(consider yourself to have IC knowledge of this Thread)

//dragonsdance.
forumatic.
com/viewtopic.
php?f=175&
t=1873&
start=10#p50711[/url:3cmx2b0g]

"
Also Luecian Longbow appears to have made quite the impression with the refugees in Blackbuckle, with many people there singing his praises as I went to the healers tent. He is making quite a name for himself around here, as the small folk seem to think that he is one of them, and actually doing more for them then their own Lords appear to have. Although that may have just been the stomach full of seasoned stew talking."

(the quoted material is what Septon Arlyn knows/ made an educated guess on. The rest can be reliveled by Luecian if he feels that it is necessary.)

//dragonsdance.
forumatic.
com/viewtopic.
php?f=181&
t=2101[/url:3cmx2b0g]

"
I found this out when I was going there to help heal some refugees, and I was greeted by the strangest Lord, Ereth Redwyne. He seems to be a good Lord, Honest, with a true desire and dedication to the smallfolk. I'm thinking of offering him up as a possibility for smallfolk to relocate to if they wish to leave these war torn lands."

(consider yourself to have IC knowledge of this thread)

//dragonsdance.
forumatic.
com/viewtopic.
php?f=181&
t=2131[/url:3cmx2b0g]

"
I also had a bit of an incident with some guards outside of the chamber of the guilty Arryn, leading to a bit of a diplomatic incident. Although if the Maester had not so thoroughly cleaned his room, I would have had the evidence I needed to accuse the Maester at the assembly, instead of the Coldbrooks bringing it forth"

[Lost 1 influence, sorry about that]

(consider yourself to have IC knowledge of this thread)

//dragonsdance.
forumatic.
com/viewtopic.
php?f=175&
t=2111[/url:3cmx2b0g]

"
I also offered Lady Corrine an apology, which was accepted. Hopefully it smoothed out any wrinkles I May have caused between House Marsten and House Dulver."

(please note that I will have given you all the information IC except for Lady Corrines assessment of the situation, as I promised to keep that secret)

//dragonsdance.
forumatic.
com/viewtopic.
php?f=181&
t=2129[/url:3cmx2b0g]
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Luecian LongBow Thu Dec 03, 2015 11:37 pm

The huntsman returned to the Dulver camp as the Septon had left word to meet him, Ser Walton and the other members of House Dulver to review notes prior to the Septon's meeting with the royal party. They had conveyed previously on most of it but the Septon liked to be thorough sometimes and clearly this was one of those times. Well he do be meeting with a royal party, surely that could be a bit stressful...here's to hoping mayhaps I can avoid the eye of any princes but a beautiful princess I'd be a welcoming...

As he approaches the outside of the tent, he continues a previous conversation he had happen to have with one of the on duty guards. "
Jermy! You been hiding yerself me friend or perhaps they been working me poor bones too hard ! Haven't had a moment for a single toss yet but lets be doing our best to change that tonight."
The guard nodded and smiled. "
It do be a plan Luecian."
Happy to have a game started for later, Luecian nods in agreement and enters the tent.

He stands at the entrance for a few moments while the Septon finishes his updates to Ser Walton. Once the Septon finishes, he greets the room. "
Ser Walton, Ser Garred glad to see you both be safe. Area has turned a mite bit crazy these past few days. Same to yourself Septon, hoping your words are coming along well as you be preparing to talk to the royal party."
Noticing a face new to the camp, Luecian greets them as well. "
Welcome Master Terren it be good having you here to help us m'lord"

(ooc-I'm not sure the backstory on Terren Dulver yet but assuming we know him from around Deepen Hall)
Luecian LongBow
Luecian LongBow

Back to top Go down

Post by Terren Dulver Fri Dec 04, 2015 5:37 am

( ooc: I will be finishing up my character backstory probably today, what I can already tell you is that my character is the thirdborn son of the lord)

Terren Dulver

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Sat Dec 05, 2015 5:19 pm

"
My Lords,"
Septon Arlyn begins, "
Goodman Luecian, I have a favor to speak of. On the second night here I had the privilege of speaking to Ser Jorah Holt, He requested that House Dulver help assist with the repairs of the Septry. He asked for our engineers to help assist with the rebuilding."
Septon Arlyn laughs."
Now as House Coldbrook has already begin repairs I feel that we would be remiss to not at minimum offer the repairs that they requested assistance with. For if a House who worships the old gods is seen as more helpful for rebuilding the Sept then the Favored of the Faith, who are we to call ourselves members of the faithful. So it is my request that we not only offer our engineers, but help build the septry to a grander stature then it was before, with the Coldbrooks assistance of course!"

"
What say you, Ser Walton Dulver, Terren Dulver? Can we offer the assistance to show the people how humbly grateful we are for their hospitality while staying in their lands?"

[url=Banner under the hammered day 4][/url]: 6d6k5+2 28 (So the orokos gods approve of Septon Arlyn seeking to rebuild the septry it appears)
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Walton Dulver Sat Dec 05, 2015 7:41 pm

-Put new bricks and new golden dishes, so next brigands will have something to ruin and steal soon after our leaving?- Ser Garred started, but Walton stopped him by raising his hand and replied instead -Who would know better than the holy man, Arlyn? Of course that Dulvers will provide any necessarily help in rebuilding Sept. We have either resources and faith, Arlyn. But let me announce that to Ser Jorah by myself, please. He is great knight I heard, so it would be an honor to meet him in person already now, not when we both will be wearing white cloaks- big and honest smile appeared on his face. Garred was indifferent to words, as he was not one to question his liege's words and asked -Is there something else what we should point our attention to during last days of our mission here?- looked at gathered men -Anyone?-
Ser Walton Dulver
Ser Walton Dulver

Back to top Go down

Post by Terren Dulver Sat Dec 05, 2015 7:56 pm

That seems like a good idea to me, it certainly would be to our benefit to invest in the people's goodwill.

Terren Dulver

Back to top Go down

Post by Luecian LongBow Sat Dec 05, 2015 7:57 pm

(OOC-Ser Walton has Kingsguard ambitions, interesting!)

"
Ser Walton If I may, we have yet to visit PennyTree village which has suffered two recent raids now, one prior to our arrival and one during the royal investigators presence here. Trying to find any truth there might be worthwhile. Also House Coldbrook has taken steps to assist the Septry while House Bartheld under Master Nathaniel's guidance have provided invaluable assistance to the village of Blackbuckle, as of yet however I am not aware of any houses assisting in PennyTree. If we could provide assistance with food, healing and perhaps bolster the people's faith- perhaps it would be beneficial. Other houses such as House Tullison or perhaps House Marsten may be interested in joining us in our efforts there. I myself would volunteer to spend much of the day there hunting to help provide food for the village's needy similar to my efforts in Blackbuckle this morning."

(OOC-Mostly thinking House Tullison's maester's help there along with some organizational efforts and perhaps monetary. I like the irony of House Tullison helping out there after Theo has run his plots in the region)
Luecian LongBow
Luecian LongBow

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Sat Dec 05, 2015 8:11 pm

"
And I would volunteer my efforts for healing their as well, My lord. I think Luecian has the right of it here. From the investigations in the warriors seat the small folk appear to be angry. Angry men can make stupid decisions. I feel if we were to show the small folk that House Dulver cares for the small folk then it might do much to reduce some of the friction created by the unceasing wars in this area."
[url=convince to move the dulver encampment to penny tree][/url]: 6d6k5+2 27
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Walton Dulver Sat Dec 05, 2015 8:57 pm

Walton pointed with his head towards Garred, so captain was the one, who replied -Our soldiers are in great shape, morale is as high as never before. I will give some orders, so smallfolk won't be bothered by our presence, then we may share our supplies with them and also help them in any necessarily way. We will have double the guards of our camps and surroundings, but it's not a problem. Actually removing old camp and creating new one will make them busy enough to stay in war moods, instead rising toasts for last victories.- Walton nodded with impressed expression -So we move to Pennytree.- Turned to Luecian -Luecian, take as many archers as You need for hunting, Garred can go with You.
Ser Walton Dulver
Ser Walton Dulver

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Sat Dec 05, 2015 9:20 pm

"
My Lord, You may also want to seek permission form Lord Blackwood* for hunting rights, It might cause an incident if our archers go traipsing through the forest without his permission. I would gladly accompany you to help explain our desires to help restore peace to the area."

(Or Lord Bracken, but I think it is Blackwoods lands)
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Walton Dulver Sat Dec 05, 2015 10:22 pm

Walton capped his hands -Great idea, even if we are King's party, it's in good taste to ask for such permission. So, Ser Garred will take care of camp movement, while we will be meeting Lord Blackwood, or rather his Regent. Luecian may already start preparations for hunt, as I see no reason for Blackwoods' refusal on this case. As soon as Garred will give proper orders, he will join hunting party.- Walton looked on men around -What about others?-
Ser Walton Dulver
Ser Walton Dulver

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Sun Dec 06, 2015 4:06 pm

"
I have heard that with the attacks at penny tree people may be more reluctant to share what they know. I feel like we should use a delicate hand when speaking to them."
Turning to Terren Dulver, Septon Arlyn asking, "
I think that if I remember correctly, you were often able to convince the cooks at the Deepen Hall to give you desserts before the main meal had arrived."
Septon Arlyn gives him a mischievous smile. "
Mayhaps your honeyed tongue could be of use here in this moment as well. So tell me, as I have not been directly involved in your studies as of late, as Maester Falsten has taken over those duties. So tell me, Do you have any particular specialties that may be advantageous here?"
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Terren Dulver Sun Dec 06, 2015 4:16 pm

Terren Dulver smiles at Septon Arlyn and says :"
That should certainly be within my capabilities, would you prefer to get information or would you like me to increase the smallfolk’s opinion of us? (ooc: charm or convince? I have 2 bonus dice in either of them)

Terren Dulver

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Sun Dec 06, 2015 5:36 pm

"
I feel that we might best attempt to convince them to help us, as we are an investigating house under the kings banner. Perhaps Ser Garred could help coordinate our efforts so that we do not cover the same ground and ask the same people the same questions, allowing us to get further in this investigation, as less time will have been wasted."

(I have charismatic convince, with favored of the small folk and a bonus die that has me rolling 7d6 keeping 5 with a plus 2, if you have persuasion at least 4 that will make your assist worth +2, and if garred has will 4 then he will be adding + 3-4 most likely, giving our total attempt +7-8. That will hopefully get us high enough to unlock the good clues.
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Terren Dulver Sun Dec 06, 2015 5:59 pm

That seems like a fine plan to me. ( ooc: I suggest that I roll, since I also have 7d6k5+2 on convince, but I can reroll 1s because of attractive)

Terren Dulver

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Sun Dec 06, 2015 6:08 pm

(that works great then, Smile I will assist you then as I am carrying an injury as well. Laughing )

Septon Arlyn nods, "
It is great to have another Dulver here to help uncover these crimes. May the Seven guide our actions and let us bring light to the people."
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Luecian LongBow Sun Dec 06, 2015 6:09 pm

"
I would send a few men into the town showing good intentions in word and deed before we move any soldiers near the town walls. These will be nervous men who have been victims recently, we want all to know we are here to help only. Giving food, healing and fair words to bolster their faith would be ideal before many soldiers show up. I will take the trappers we have along with Ser Garred and meself to hunt and forage for food to share. Our archers be good with a bow but many of them lack the patience and stealth needed to be proper hunters."
Luecian LongBow
Luecian LongBow

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Sun Dec 06, 2015 6:35 pm

"
Wise word, Goodman Luecian. Let us set forth tomorrow to put the people at penny tree at ease, then move to put our men to the purpose of protecting the village."
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Tymon Lannister Mon Dec 07, 2015 1:35 am

Ser Tymon Lannisters announces himself to the guards and steps into the tent where he gives a warm greeting to Ser Walton and to Luecian, who he was close to while growing up as a page at House Dulver and says hello to Terren. He then introduces himself to Septon Arlyn "
Good evening Septon, it is good to meet you."
He then turns to Ser Walton and asks "
How can I help in this situation?"

Tymon Lannister

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Sun Dec 13, 2015 3:50 am

"
Ah Tymon!, It is a pleasure seeing you again. Unfortuanelty the roads appear to be infested with bandits, so keeping an eye on young Luecian here would be quite helpful. So tell me, did you pay attention in your studies? or where you more involved in the practice yard as a youth? Did you spend much time exploring the outdoors or did you prefer hearing Ser Garred drone on about tactics and such nonsense on the battlefield?"
Septon Arlyn was genuinely curious, so as best to know where to apply the young knights skills in these investigations.
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Tymon Lannister Mon Dec 14, 2015 9:23 pm

"
Septon Arlyn, I will ensure to keep an eye out for bandits. I was tutored in all subjects and my family expects excellence in all things, but the majority of my time and skill was in the practice yard learning the art of the blade, and at the lists, practicing my jousting. While as a page here at the Stoney Heath I spent time both outdoors and in study, learning tactics and what was necessary to lead men in battle. I have always been more at home learning the profession of arms, rather than spending my time among dusty tomes, although I understand the value of both."

Tymon Lannister

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next