Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[D5, MA] Visiting House Darry (Closed)

3 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

[D5, MA] Visiting House Darry (Closed) - Page 2 Empty Re: [D5, MA] Visiting House Darry (Closed)

Post by Reader Sat Dec 12, 2015 5:49 pm

"
Our redoubtable Ser James Darry has made a study of our ravaged lands, where he was reassured to encounter your man Ser Kevan making a similar study. House Darry rejoiced to see a devout knight of high rank entrusted with such a task, my family knows we have not been forgotten amidst the chaos that engulfs the nearby Battle Valley."

"
But surely those responsible must not simply make good their sins in the light of the Seven? A man is not dissuaded from further wickedness if for his theft of the family silver he is merely required to return it. Those you judge responsible should be censured in public, alongside affirmation of House Darry's wisdom in trusting to the King's laws than than our trusty sword arms."

Words in the final treaty would take the sting from any criticism that Lord Joffrey had been too slow or too weak to defend his lands, turning a criticism in to a laudable commitment to peace.

Ser Robb Darry does little to hide his displeasure at his father's words, an unusual show of insubordination.

[OOC: Ser James briefs you afterwards, testifying that damage amounting to -2 wealth, -2 land and -1 population has been done.

House Darry expects further compensation of 3 Wealth and 2 influence from whoever the royal investigators deem responsible.]
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

[D5, MA] Visiting House Darry (Closed) - Page 2 Empty Re: [D5, MA] Visiting House Darry (Closed)

Post by Nathaniel Mason Sat Dec 12, 2015 7:17 pm

"
Lord Darry. Clearly House Bracken was overzealous in their pursuit of their eternal foe. Not entirely unexpected. And clearly any damage done to your lands needs to be addressed, and your charges against House Bracken indicate you hold them responsible for that damage."

"
My difficulty, is that had not House Blackwood chosen to breach your borders first, House Bracken would have had no reason to follow. We have clear testimony from you of the damage that was done, but not how such damage was done, or by who. The charges, at least the ones we received, seem to absolve the Blackwoods of their trespass upon you lands and your sovereignty. For clarity, I would like to know if that was your intent. Do you consider the Blackwoods blameless in this situation?"

[url=Robb Darry - Awareness (Empathy)][/url]: 4d6k3 18

[Nice perfect roll when I need it.]
Nathaniel Mason
Nathaniel Mason

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Wed Dec 30, 2015 4:24 pm

"
House Blackwood are not blameless, far from it. Their provocations have brought ruin to our lands only recently released from Winter's grasp. Drafting of royal proclamations is above House Darry's status, although we once stood beside kings and princes. House Darry must not appear weak before either of our neighbours."

"
We shall need to work as hard as the Father and Smith combined to repair our fields and ensure an adequate harvest."
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathaniel Mason Wed Dec 30, 2015 4:45 pm

"
We are cognizant of your difficulties, Lord Darry. Given the length of time your neighbors have been in conflict, it cannot have been easy for you. I am sure there are other incidents in the past that have laid a burden on you, through no fault of yours. I am also sure you have been the soul of tolerance up to this point, and it is time your burdens were addressed."

"
Well will take your accounting with us, and perhaps Ser Robb can show us the areas of the most grievous damage."
Nathaniel Mason
Nathaniel Mason

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Wed Dec 30, 2015 4:52 pm

"
As I said, Ser James patrols that area, defending it with body and blade. He took Ser Kevan Lyras over hill and dale to show the damage done while we stayed our hand. Ser Robb grew up here too however and more than passing familiar with the area. Either man will guide you as surely as the Crone's lantern."

Lord Joffrey Darry's pieties were slightly tiresome but heartfelt. Still, he was no fool, curious to see which man the royal party would call on.
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathaniel Mason Wed Dec 30, 2015 5:07 pm

"
Well, Lord Darry. If Ser James has already shown the area to Ser Kevan extensively, perhaps we should spare him the tediousness of doing so again. I am sure Ser Robb's contribution will be invaluable."

... and perhaps even more illuminating by not being in complete lockstep with yours.
Nathaniel Mason
Nathaniel Mason

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Wed Dec 30, 2015 5:22 pm

"
Quite so,"

No pious bleating this time.

Nathaniel and Corrine were ushered to the stables, where their own refreshed mounts stood alongside Ser Robb's bay courser.

"
My lady, master Nathaniel,"
Robb bowed before swinging in to the saddle with practised ease, ready to begin the tour and answer questions from his Lord Father's guests.
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Wed Dec 30, 2015 6:58 pm

Corrine looks to Nathan enquiringly.

"
Both sound equally suitable. Have you a preference?"
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Wed Dec 30, 2015 7:09 pm

Lady Corrine Marsten wrote:Corrine looks to Nathan enquiringly.

"
Both sound equally suitable. Have you a preference?"

Nathaniel's preference for Robb's additional viewpoint made clear, the trio set out.

Robb seemed in a fury, eager to strike back at either Bracken or Blackwood and consumed with shame at his family's failure to defend its lands. He attempted to retain decorum and avoid voicing these concerns, but they crept through as the riders toured the border.
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Wed Dec 30, 2015 7:55 pm

Corrine attempted to assuage Robb's anger and wounded pride, applying her kindest and most charming words and gentle voice to his ears like a soothing balm. She wanted to avoid House Darry striking out at anyone at all, Bracken, Blackwood, or otherwise. Subtly encouraging prudence, civility, and diplomacy in those she could would surely serve that goal. Having someone in the House amenable to her would likely be useful too.

[url=Convince][/url]: 6d6k5 23
[url=Charm][/url]: 6d6k5 21
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Wed Dec 30, 2015 8:06 pm

Corrine words seemed to calm Robb's knightly ardour and soothe his injured pride, at least with regard to this matter. The man had been two long at skirmishing, winter and rebuilding, too long consumed with anger for his family's "
humiliations"
as he saw them.

Corrine could see a chink of a better man inside, and convinced the proud young man that this was not an issue to press a resurgent House Darry's claims on. He was a proud, angry young man but much of this was a dark manifestation of what could be more positive qualities: love for his family and a desire to excel.

[OOC: Robb Darry is amiable towards Corrine and unlikely to kick up a fuss over Darry appearing weak at least on this issue, defusing one potential bomb. He still thinks his father Joffrey's policies are misguided, but perhaps if Darry got something from his father's more peaceful policies he'd begin to see wisdom. He'll at least give the treaty a fair reading and not spoil it in dramatic fashion by advancing to the hall and throwing a gauntlet.]
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathaniel Mason Wed Dec 30, 2015 8:39 pm

Nathan kept his face smooth as he watched Lady Marsten wrap the young Knight around her finger.

[OOC: Time for some rolls I think.

Rolls are Warfare (tactics/strategy), persuasion/deception (any), survival (forage/track)

Warfare will be Ser Jon, Corrine assist, Nathan Co-ordinate, I presume.

Persuasion can be Corrine, Jon assist, Nathan Co-ordinate.

Jon has a 3 in survival, which is better than me. Could be Jon, Corrine assist, Nathan Co-ordinate unless Corrine wants to spend a DP to substitute. I am not sure how much more we will learn than we already know.
Nathaniel Mason
Nathaniel Mason

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Wed Dec 30, 2015 8:41 pm

[OOC: give me a kick when you lot have decided the rolls and posted them and I'll provide clues.

Robb Darry assists with +1 in all three categories thanks to the convince roll.]
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Wed Dec 30, 2015 8:43 pm

[ooc: Corrine's Warfare is terrible. I think she'd have 1 more dice if you let her co-ordinate that one. Happy to lead in the Persuasion stuff.]
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathaniel Mason Wed Dec 30, 2015 8:47 pm

[My warefare is 2... so +1. My will is 4 with no specialty in Co-ordinate. What is yours?]
Nathaniel Mason
Nathaniel Mason

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Wed Dec 30, 2015 8:55 pm

[ooc: Same. Warfare 1.]
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathaniel Mason Wed Dec 30, 2015 9:05 pm

Well.. our Will is the same and our Persuasion is the same, so...

Jon warfare, +1 from Nathan, +Corrine Coordinate.

[url=Ser Jon - Warfare (Strategy)][/url]: 4d6k3 12

Persuade Corrine, +1 Jon, +Nathan Co-ordinate

[url=Nathan Co-ordinate Corrine][/url]: 4d6 13

Survival Jon, +1 Corrine, +Nathan Coordinate.

[url=Survival][/url]: 3d6 14
[url=Nathan Co-ordinate Jon][/url]: 4d6 11
Nathaniel Mason
Nathaniel Mason

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Wed Dec 30, 2015 9:09 pm

Ser Jon Roxton was fond of both Corrine and deeply affectionate towards Nathaniel.

He good naturedly inspected the alleged battlefields and camps, taking on board the saner suggestions offered by the pair and gently correcting the wilder, paranoid scenarios offered by the neophyte generals.

He couldn't resist smiling at the beautiful Corrine on occasion, apologising to his lover with a smile.

"
A shame for both of us she is wed to Lord Benedict Marsten, else I'd not rest until she warmed our bed between us. A beauty with a brain and a heart. A heroine or a tragedy in the making."

He sighs in mock sorrow.

[OOC: will PM both of you the results once Corrine's persuade and coordinates are up and I've got the final totals. Smile ]
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Wed Dec 30, 2015 9:24 pm

[ooc: Co-ordinate is straight Will, yeah? And can I just check that Persuade specialities won't apply?]
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathaniel Mason Wed Dec 30, 2015 9:28 pm

Nathan gave Jon an indulgent look and a rueful smile.

"
Yes. A great shame."
he replied blandly. "
Lord Marsten is a very handsome man."

[any persuade specialty is fine. Coordinate is coordinate specialty if you have it.]
Nathaniel Mason
Nathaniel Mason

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Wed Dec 30, 2015 9:31 pm

[ooc: Alas, no. So that'll be 2 dice then. Not sure why I thought it ran off Will.]
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathaniel Mason Wed Dec 30, 2015 9:33 pm

Lady Corrine Marsten wrote:[ooc: Alas, no. So that'll be 2 dice then. Not sure why I thought it ran off Will.]

{ooc: It does run off Will. Will (Co-ordinate).]
Nathaniel Mason
Nathaniel Mason

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Wed Dec 30, 2015 9:45 pm

[ooc: Cheers. I'm a divot.]

[url=Will - Co-ordinate][/url]: 4d6 20
[url=Persuasion (Convince)][/url]: 6d6k5 25

Ser Jon Roxton is himself a handsome, charming man, and Corrine, though happily married, is only mortal. She returns the first smile politely, if a little absently, focused on navigating this tricky social &
political situation, though her eyes are quietly appreciative. Wedlock did not keep her from acknowledging beauty privately, only from getting too close to it.

His more flirtatious glances elicit an endearingly shy smile, as she notices that Ser Jon's gaze is not as passive as she had first thought.

Such a winning smile. Nathan is a lucky man.
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathaniel Mason Thu Dec 31, 2015 4:16 pm

They had examined the campsite for some time. Corrine asking questions. Ser Jon providing answers. Nathan picking out small details. The young 'Bartheld aide' had been unusually quiet during the entire proceedings, allowing Lady Marsten to charm the young Ser Robb Darry. So when the question came, Corrine recognized the deceptively light tone. The same tone a Shadowcat would use when playing with a mouse.

"
Ser Robb..."
Nathan frowned slightly. "
It would seem that House Blackwood has encamped here for some time and used your lands as a staging ground to make attacks on House Bracken. You will forgive me, but that begs the question, was your Father aware of House Blackwood's activities?"

Nathan felt a little sorry for the young knight, because the question has no right answer. If the Blackwoods were operating without Lord Darry's knowledge, he would be viewed as incompetent, and if they were, corrupt. Either way, not a good situation for a House desperately trying to elevate their status.
Nathaniel Mason
Nathaniel Mason

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Thu Dec 31, 2015 4:20 pm

Corrine knows the weight of the question, and so wayches Ser Robb carefully.

[url=Awareness (Empathy)][/url]: 4d6k3 10
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next