Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[D5,LE-LN] A break at the Bridge over Briar Creek

2 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

[D5,LE-LN] A break at the Bridge over Briar Creek - Page 3 Empty Re: [D5,LE-LN] A break at the Bridge over Briar Creek

Post by Benedict Marsten Tue Dec 22, 2015 4:13 pm

Setting her to the floor, he moves to scoop up the blanket. He lightly tosses it over his shoulder before he grabs the cider jug. Turning he looks to her as if she should be doing something. Then his lips curl cheerfully, his eyes full of playfullness.

"
Shall we retire for the evening? A good nights sleep will do us both a world of good."
His eyes purposefully look to the ladder to the loft.
Benedict Marsten
Benedict Marsten

Back to top Go down

[D5,LE-LN] A break at the Bridge over Briar Creek - Page 3 Empty Re: [D5,LE-LN] A break at the Bridge over Briar Creek

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Tue Dec 22, 2015 4:58 pm

"
That would be lovely,"
Corrine agrees, stretching, following Ben's gaze up the ladder.

"
Do we have blankets, or are we to pack ourselves in hay?"
she jested.
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Benedict Marsten Tue Dec 22, 2015 5:29 pm

"
There is another in the bags, if I am not enough to keep you warm."
Benedict Marsten
Benedict Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Tue Dec 22, 2015 5:34 pm

Her expression turned to one of sympathetic amusement.

"
Oh, my poor dear. I have offended you. I am sorry,"
she apologised, though with a slight giggle. "
Of course you are warm and lovely. But let's take the other one with us anyway. One to lie on, one to lie under."
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Benedict Marsten Tue Dec 22, 2015 5:59 pm

"
Certainly."
He says walking to the bags. Before pulling out the extra blanket he tosses the saddle blanket to Corrine.

Moving to stand at the foot of the ladder he waits with a sly smile. "
Ladies first."
Benedict Marsten
Benedict Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Tue Dec 22, 2015 6:06 pm

She gives him a knowing look, lips pursed in mock disapproval.

"
Very well, but I know exactly what you're up to, husband of mine."

Trying not to laugh, she tries to clamber up the ladder with as much dignity as she can muster.
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Benedict Marsten Tue Dec 22, 2015 6:14 pm

He follows closely. His hand casually brushing her calf or higher when able. A large grin all that she can see when his head comes in to view.

"
Seems to be taking you awhile to get up this ladder."
He says teasing.
Benedict Marsten
Benedict Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Tue Dec 22, 2015 7:02 pm

"
Sorry, but I'm slowed down by some oaf pawing my legs,"
she quipped, chuckling. She pulled herself up onto the floor of the hay loft, crawling over to one side, to give Ben space to situate himself.
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Benedict Marsten Wed Dec 23, 2015 4:54 pm

"
Seemed to me you slowed down so that oaf could better reach."
he plops unceremoniously over the edge, careful to not drop the cider.

Standing he tosses the saddle blanket out over the hay. Then unstoppering the jug with his teeth he takes a drink. He uses his damp sleeve for a napkin. He offers the cider as his other hand reaches for the hem of his shirt.
Benedict Marsten
Benedict Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Thu Dec 24, 2015 1:04 am

Corrine stands and takes the cider jug in both hands, watching him undress as she sips at it.

"
I don't actually think you're an oaf, dear,"
she explains, a little apologetically. "
I was just playing."
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Benedict Marsten Sat Dec 26, 2015 4:47 am

He wobbles as he kicks off his boots and tosses his sword into the hay.

"
My lady, I have been called far worse, and taken less offense, by women who could never compare to your beauty. As long as I am your oaf, that is all that matters."

He words said he shucks off his breeches.
Benedict Marsten
Benedict Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Sat Dec 26, 2015 4:59 am

"
Always,"
she replies, warmly, and hands him the jug once he is undressed.

"
Your turn to hold it,"
she grins, then pulls off her shift, kicking her shoes off to one side. Lying on top of the blankets, her head propped up on one hand, she smiles up at him lovingly.

"
Ben, am I doing a good enough job here?"
she asks, tentatively. "
It's feeling more and more that I'm messing everything up."
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Benedict Marsten Thu Dec 31, 2015 3:23 am

Ben eases onto his hip facing Corrine. "
It's hard to say, love. We have faltered, but I feel we are still staying the coarse. Things may look ugly from time to time."
Benedict Marsten
Benedict Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Thu Dec 31, 2015 7:23 am

"
Everything about this situation looks ugly. I've never seen anything like it. So much wrongdoing in one place. And so much toxic pride. Men who care so much about their pride that they have lost humility and compassion. I want to make it all better, but I don't think I can anymore. This isn't like a child's skint knee or a torn garment. The bad feeling here transcends us all. The wounds are so old and festered that we can only try to stop the horror spreading further. We might be able to deal with some small matters, help a few people who need it, catch some of the criminals. But I was very naïve to think I could solve all the problems for good."

She snuggles into him, her free arm around his waist.

"
If my mother hadn't sheltered me so much, perhaps I'd be doing better. Perhaps I'd have been more in control, more prepared."
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Benedict Marsten Thu Dec 31, 2015 3:20 pm

He adjusts himself against her. Their closeness and bare contact causing him to pause a moment to regain focus on her words. Then he leans in to kiss her forehead.

"
Isobel did you no favors, but regardless you are adapting well. You are correct the bitterness runs deep and long. This situation is beyond a one time repair. What it needs is the firm hand of a strong Liege Lord. Sadly they are bereft of one. Perhaps if Ser Eroic makes it to his fathers seat. That fact that you can see these things and know where we stand shows you are adapting and growing. We may not give them peace, but a secession of hostility is for some time is still a victory."

His hand traces down her shoulder and then over her waist. His fingers draw small circles around her hip.
Benedict Marsten
Benedict Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Thu Dec 31, 2015 3:35 pm

Her husband's even-handed and wise words give Corrine some solace. She smiles up at him lovingly.

"
Thank you. If we can do some good here, we will, even if it does not fix everything. We're only a few people. Truth be told, this whole thing is such a huge task. While I'm glad that nitwit, Gorman Tully, had it taken out of his hands, I cannot say I'm enjoying it myself. It's been so much more stressful than I expected. I was foolish to think that we would all work together and be kind."

She shifts onto her back, stroking his chest gently.

"
They won't see me for dust once I can go home. I just want to bundle you, Bethany, and Ellie into bed with me and snuggle the three of you for as long as I can."
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Benedict Marsten Fri Jan 01, 2016 11:47 pm

With her shift to her back, he finds his hand now a few inches below her navel.

"
Snuggle, yes."
After a moment's pause to refocus his straying thoughts he continues. "
It has been a mess. It seems the battle-lines over colored dresses are being drawn more definitively."

He smiles wickedly as his fingers trail slowly down. "
Me, I feel it more interesting when there are no dresses worn."
Benedict Marsten
Benedict Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Sat Jan 02, 2016 12:13 am

She giggles knowingly, her expression lightening, shifting her knees a little, to indicate approval.

"
I'm breaking the rule again, aren't I. Talking about grim things when I should be letting it go and being present with you. I'm sorry dear. I shall desist. It seems you'd only distract me anyway,"
she adds, briefly poking her tongue out, in jest.
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Benedict Marsten Sat Jan 02, 2016 2:58 am

"
Lets continue our present course and if you can manage to express those worries and concerns, then by all means do so."
He winks.

"
I promise to listen intently and give my comment."
Benedict Marsten
Benedict Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Sat Jan 02, 2016 3:11 pm

Despite his playful challenge, she chooses to set her troubles aside for the time being. In fact, she was eager to be free of cares for a time, and so pulls her husband to her and kisses him fiercely, demanding to be lost in his embrace.
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Benedict Marsten Mon Feb 01, 2016 12:44 am

[D6 EM]

The rising sun and cool morning air radiate tingles across Ben's bare skin. The rickety creak of the loft floor boards force his stubborn eyes open. There at the top of the ladder stands Andirson, the Miller's boy. His jaw hung low and eyes sprung wide.

Ben followed the young lads excited stare. A small smile parts his lips as he quickly draws the blanket over his Lady's sleeping form. Looking up to the boy, he places his finger to his pursed lips, indicating silence on the matter. With a wink he waves him off.

He laughs inwardly at the thought of the story Andirson would have to tell for many years...

-Her skin was white as mountain snow and her breasts as full as the peaks of the vale.. Her hair like night both atop her head and below.
- At it again Ol'Andi? You been tellin' 'at story fer goin on fifty years. Ain't no one believe you seen the Lady Marsten naked as a babe, in yer loft.
Benedict Marsten
Benedict Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3