Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Day 4, Mid Evening] A sober evening for drinking [Open]

2 posters

Go down

[Day 4, Mid Evening] A sober evening for drinking [Open] Empty [Day 4, Mid Evening] A sober evening for drinking [Open]

Post by Loreia Thu Dec 17, 2015 3:04 am

Most of the inn's tables have been moved to the sides, while a few are clustered in the clearing created, with nobles heading the investigation seated, waiting on the Master of Laws. Arryk Cargyll and a few other knights of noteworthy station keep an eye on the otherwise casual gathering of the few who came early. The locals present murmur out of respect than secrecy regarding the large dragon sighted flying over Battle Valley, some of them having withdrawn here to occupy themselves with a few tankards.

Seated at the counter is Luecian Longbow, who would be remiss to let any grim folk or somber air spoil his mood for a drink. In the company of Trapper Jon and some fellow elite guardsmen of House Coldbrook sits Loreia, listening to rather than engaging in idle gossip between the soldiers.

Out of nowhere, Luecian feels the touch of a gentle, yet trained hand on his shoulder. "
Pardon me, Luecian? May I join you?"

When she's seated, she orders an ale. "
When last we met, you said you knew me from Arlyn, the septon for House Dulver. Friend of yours?"
Loreia
Loreia

Back to top Go down

[Day 4, Mid Evening] A sober evening for drinking [Open] Empty Re: [Day 4, Mid Evening] A sober evening for drinking [Open]

Post by Luecian LongBow Thu Dec 17, 2015 3:28 pm

Loreia wrote:Out of nowhere, Luecian feels the touch of a gentle, yet trained hand on his shoulder. "
Pardon me, Luecian? May I join you?"

Luecian turns in response to the light touch on his shoulder and is surprised to see the Shieldmaiden. As he takes in her words, he gestures to the empty seat near him. "
Surely be welcome Shieldmaiden Loreia, no doubtin you be better company than me own small thoughts."

"
It's a bit odd to be thinking as he's mostly just the Septon to me, but aye I'd say he be me friend. He been around Stoney Heath and Deepen Hall helping folks for years now and folks round there be appreciatin it. Now meself likely ended up on the boring side of more lectures from him than most but they be good natured for the most part. Most likely around gambling truth be told, he don't be seemin to fond of it for some reason."
Luecian shrugs and gives her a half smile before taking another small drink of his ale. "
How long have you been in service to House Coldbrook? Be there good hunting up on those lands? I be noticing you and yer hound do be a team of right fair hunters yerselfs."
Luecian LongBow
Luecian LongBow

Back to top Go down

[Day 4, Mid Evening] A sober evening for drinking [Open] Empty Re: [Day 4, Mid Evening] A sober evening for drinking [Open]

Post by Loreia Thu Dec 17, 2015 4:24 pm

"
I'll pass it along,"
she replies on behalf of the hound, whom people may have seen slumped over on his belly on their way in or out of the Green Door. "
I don't do hunting meself, our trapper could tell you more. Truth be told, we'd have been lost without Badger. He's loyal, patient, and he's got a great trainer,"
she smiles wryly.

"
Hmm, I've been a guard for House Coldbrook on five years now. Why? Interested in swappin' histories?"
Loreia
Loreia

Back to top Go down

Post by Luecian LongBow Thu Dec 17, 2015 7:55 pm

"
Ahh well mostly just be curious is all, meself has lived in Stoney Heath me whole life. With only a few trips to Fairmarket and some exploring in the hills/mountains spent away before this past year. Would be liking to do a bit more travelling and hunt a few different terrains if the opportunity comes along someday. To hunt a bear in the cold woods of the North, mayhaps another shadowcat in the Mountains of the Vale or even a Stag in the Kingswood, with all proper permissions and invitation for meself of course."

His eyes seem more energetic as he finishes describing one of his dreams and his smile grows slightly. "
I be open to swapping histories or stories, we got time to be passing and I be thinking that be as good a way as any to do it."
Luecian LongBow
Luecian LongBow

Back to top Go down

Post by Loreia Fri Dec 18, 2015 4:53 am

"
Bears're everywhere,"
she shrugs. "
An' stags, an' shadowcats. Heard you caught a pair of shadowcats only a few days ago. I thought it wasn't the places with you hunters, but the prey..."

"
Mayhaps a bear with white fur?"
she suggests. "
Hum, now where've I seen one of those..."
Loreia
Loreia

Back to top Go down

Post by Luecian LongBow Sat Dec 19, 2015 7:53 pm

"
For me it be both the prey and the location or perhaps it's just me fancy that the Bears up north be larger or the shadowcat in the mountain vale be even more fierce and the stags of the kingswood have antlers to put me own kills to shame. To me thinking you could spar a knight from a hedge anywhere but a good showing sparring with a great lord's champion or a Kingsguard, well surely that's to be meaning even more to yerself."

"
Hmmn a bear with white fur you say, that be a creature of the north? That be a beast I've yet to see or hunt! Where have ye seen such a creature shield maiden?
Luecian LongBow
Luecian LongBow

Back to top Go down

Post by Loreia Sun Dec 20, 2015 12:39 pm

Luecian LongBow wrote:"
For me it be both the prey and the location or perhaps it's just me fancy that the Bears up north be larger or the shadowcat in the mountain vale be even more fierce and the stags of the kingswood have antlers to put me own kills to shame. To me thinking you could spar a knight from a hedge anywhere but a good showing sparring with a great lord's champion or a Kingsguard, well surely that's to be meaning even more to yerself."
"
Aye, but that's a different theater altogether, the arena of Men an' their fancy titles. I've heard it said creatures a little larger an' wilder the further north you go. I wouldn't know, I haven't been very far south to see the other end of that claim."

"
Hmmn a bear with white fur you say, that be a creature of the north? That be a beast I've yet to see or hunt! Where have ye seen such a creature shield maiden?"
"
It's called a snow bear,"
she smirks, "
and I saw it in the Haunted Forest, many leagues north of the Wall."
Loreia
Loreia

Back to top Go down

Post by Luecian LongBow Sun Jan 03, 2016 1:32 am

Luecian's eyes widen in surprise and respect, clearly impressed by the shieldmaiden's rare travels into the wilds north of the wall."
Many leagues north of the wall eh? You may not traveled far south as of yet but ye been further north than most ever go. A trip north of the wall, that be something shieldmaiden, that surely be something. Must be having a good reason to brave such a trip,though to some it might be worth it for the story alone eh..."
He chuckles as he finishes, indeed for him the story alone would likely be worth risking the wilds north of all civilized lands, indeed it would.
Luecian LongBow
Luecian LongBow

Back to top Go down

Post by Loreia Sun Jan 03, 2016 4:01 am

"
You don't know? Good! Refreshing actually, is what I mean,"
she says between sips, her smile having yet to fade. "
I've a chance to tell you how it went before the rumormongers get you with their notions of the godly warrior bringin' the light of the Seven to the wildling savages, aglow an' single-handed."

"
I went along with a few other soldiers an' trappers from my house, an' some from House Longshore, an' the reason was Lord Yoren's. The noble lord was tempted to brave the far north for the stock of hardier breeds an' plants for stronger animals, better crops for to ease the passin' of coming winters. We held our own against the cold, kept people from the Stranger's embrace in strange lands, an' fended off one bravely foolish raiding party. The whole way, me an' the guide ranged ahead of the group to keep the way clear. We did catch some beasts, but didn't find much of proper strong winter crop I'm sure the maester would've pointed out. Me an' the people from House Coldbrook ended our journey at a place called Hardhome, sailin' back south to the realm."

"
Before goin' to the forests though, we ranged north a fair piece, an' Lord Yoren was actually able to trade with the locals for what he needed."
Loreia
Loreia

Back to top Go down

Post by Luecian LongBow Sun Jan 03, 2016 5:08 pm

Taking a long drink as the story is told, Luecian follows along eagerly. "
Meself be thinking thats an interesting adventure indeed. Ironborn and Northerners braving the weather and wilds north of the wall for the good of their people and a goal to better protect them from a coming harsh winter. A trip meself would have enjoyed undertaking as well, but eh other adventures surely will be presenting themselves in the future."

"
So a long trip with an ironborn noble and his men, hard to not get acquainted with such along the way. His tragically departed brother clearly was infamous for certain deeds although a fierce warrior, that I did witness with me own eyes, but I've heard no ill word of the Longshore heir. Be admitting I only met Lord Yoren this afternoon but he seemed a fair and solid sort, seemed much more a thinking and learned man than one might have expected from an ironborn noble. Would yer own experiences seem to echo me own?"
Luecian LongBow
Luecian LongBow

Back to top Go down

Post by Loreia Mon Jan 04, 2016 12:35 am

"
Aye, smart for an Ironborn, but Ironborn no more. He follows a faith from across the Narrow Sea,"
she continues, her inner gossip gleaming through the apprehension in the air.

"
He says it made him smart, enough to see sense an' turn from the traditions of the Iron Islands, at least. Methinks it's made him soft though. I mean, tradin' with wildlings is one thing, in their own tongue no less, but, he allowed a few to return with him to the Iron Islands! Smart, aye. Smart, soft an' touched by the gods, more like."
Loreia
Loreia

Back to top Go down

Post by Luecian LongBow Wed Jan 06, 2016 3:50 am

"
A faith from across the sea, I be no familiar with such a thing. Danced if it don't seem like we be having enough Different faiths to choose from here without bringing another home from afar."

Wonder if they hunt the same creatures across the sea or if they be having new and different game to hunt along with their other faiths.

Distracted a bit by his own thoughts for a moment, Luecian continues. "
Bringing wild longs home you say, that do be a strange thing I suppose. Though if he be clever he probably had him his reasons, though I suppose his strange gods could have asked it as well. For his own sake, be hopin that don't be the case as it be me own experience that men of strong faith do seem to get themselves surprisingly high number of bad situations be they combat or otherwise. The Septon be fair proof of that..."
Luecian LongBow
Luecian LongBow

Back to top Go down

Post by Loreia Wed Jan 06, 2016 10:27 am

"
You mean Septon Arlyn? I'm surprised he isn't travelin' about with sellswords, or even monks. I heard that on day one, after we all came to these lands, he'd returned to the camps with a few bruises, sayin' he'd fought off bandits. Mayhaps you know him better than me, but methinks there's more to it than the strength of his devotion."
Or mayhaps the strength of his devotion is more than it seems...
Loreia
Loreia

Back to top Go down

Post by Luecian LongBow Thu Jan 07, 2016 4:35 am

"
Aye, for a man of the cloth Septon Arlyn do seem to get himself in some right bad situations. Not be sure if it be bad luck or elsewise but it surely be true. Had to put down some bandits when we first got here traveling what was supposed to be a shortcut he knew from his days as a traveling brother. Surely didn't end up as much of a shortcut after all with the fight and then securing the few bandits left before bringing em back to camp with us."

Luecian takes a big gulp and manages to finish his drink before doing a bit a stretching. "
Meself be appreciating the words to pass the time as such as ourselves wait Shieldmaiden, I be thinking they went well with the drink! I be thinking its time for meself to um take a short walk and make um a bit some room for more drink later. I do be enjoying a good drink and honest word though, be sure'n we can find time for another drink fore we wrap this up and head home eh?"

(ooc-Figured we could wrap this up and start a sequel if you still want. There is a bit of craziness after this that might lend to good exchanges)
Luecian LongBow
Luecian LongBow

Back to top Go down

Post by Loreia Thu Jan 07, 2016 2:34 pm

"
If you insist. Don't let the heat burn you out there!"
she calls after, raising her mug.

[Let's schedule another in the meetup thread.]
Loreia
Loreia

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down