Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Day 3: Late Evening] - Looking for someone (OPEN)

2 posters

Go down

[Day 3: Late Evening] - Looking for someone (OPEN) Empty [Day 3: Late Evening] - Looking for someone (OPEN)

Post by  Fri May 08, 2015 5:21 am

After his meeting with Lady Isobel, Edmund does indeed decide to clean up before attending the feast. As keen as he is to find Gwyn and Dyana, it simply wouldn't do to about such a tourney looking like he just rode in.

As he enters the great hall, he is refreshed and dressed in clothes befitting a noble. He is all in black, wearing a long cut doublet with a silver and gold embroidery. As he looks about the hall, he takes in the many faces present.

Though the hour is late, there still seems to be a fair amount of people milling about. Though most of them have been enjoying food and drink for some time at this point. "
Sobriety could be useful here."
, he thinks as he grabs a goblet of wine, not wanting to look completely out of place.

He takes his time, walking the perimeter of the Great Hall, smiling and nodding at those that do so out of courtesy.

Last edited by 1 on Sun May 10, 2015 1:21 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

[Day 3: Late Evening] - Looking for someone (OPEN) Empty Re: [Day 3: Late Evening] - Looking for someone (OPEN)

Post by Dyana Marsten Fri May 08, 2015 5:48 am

Weary from nearly an entire day of reverie, and from the road before then, Dyana finally decides to leave the feasting halls, go about her business and get a night's rest before the hour is too late.

As she makes her way to the doorway, however, a sight freezes her. Standing right there, as if he owed the world nothing, in black and green just as her own gown: the Lyras boy, Edmund. Not so much a boy anymore.

Dyana's mind fails to race faster only than her heart. Her fingertips went numb, and for a moment no distraction in the feast could phase her. If Edmund was here, then surely Ser Laryen and Lyndon had returned from Essos as well. And if they were all back... then maybe, just maybe...

... her father?

"
Edmund!"
She has to master herself not to shout loudly, lest she sound too uncouth. "
I can't believe, it's - it's really you! It's been years!"
She grins at him, hopefully and expectantly, harnessing both joy and fear of sorrow. Why had he not looked for her and Gwyneth right away? Had they failed? Or was she just being too harsh in paranoia - perhaps he'd just arrived?

Dyana Marsten

Back to top Go down

[Day 3: Late Evening] - Looking for someone (OPEN) Empty Re: [Day 3: Late Evening] - Looking for someone (OPEN)

Post by  Fri May 08, 2015 6:08 am

At the sound of Dyana's familiar voice, Edmund turns to see Dyana moving quickly towards him. He stands a little straighter and his mouth opens briefly, but no sound comes. The smile and the multitude of emotions swimming across her face breaks his heart, and he knows that as much as he tries to hold on to his composure, there is no mistaking the plaintive expression on his face.

As she grows near, his wrists turn slightly outward, as if to embrace her, but then he stops and all he can think to say, simply and quietly, is, "
Dyana."

Back to top Go down

Post by Dyana Marsten Fri May 08, 2015 6:24 am

Each step of the approach is harder for Dyana, for she realizes that Edmund's semblance does not much soften even after recognizing her. Much the opposite, in fact, as he seems to hesitate to speak, swallowing his words before nearly offering an embrace with a deadpan.

She knows he didn't find anything, or if he did, it was only a corpse. She knows it, but she doesn't want to believe it. He hadn't actually said anything, and the reasons for his expression could number many, many others. Right?

She clings to this feeble hope.

Without thinking much further on the matter, or perhaps even to avoid more thoughts, she curls her arms around him in a hug. Dyana isn't one much for hugs, but after so long, perhaps it was called for. She had so many emotions going on, she didn't know how to hide any of them more than any other. "
Oh, but, what a surprise! When did you arrive? How... how was the trip?"

Dyana Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by  Fri May 08, 2015 6:49 am

Dyana's embrace seemed to break Edmund out of his pensiveness and he was reminded not only of her physicality, but also, of where he was. Lords, ladies, retainers and servants of all kinds moved, dined and talked around them. Most seemed to be quite preoccupied, but he thought, "
It won't do for news so personal to Dyana, and the House, to be overheard as common gossip."
He brought a half-smile to his face, and returned the hug. Pulling back, he took her hands in his and replied, "
I've just arrived today."
Lowering his voice slightly, he said, "
My trip was not as eventful as we'd hoped."

He offered his arm, and motioned with his head further towards the edge of the Great Hall. "
We should talk, but perhaps a table more out of the way?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Dyana Marsten Fri May 08, 2015 7:01 am

Dyana nodded, crossing her arm in his with some inner reluctance that didn't show. It was all but confirmed that they were not successful, and the thought of it leans heavily on her mind. She hadn't realized how much she missed her father until right now.

Still, they moved on. At this hour, though there was still movement in the form of the merriest attendants, several tables were vacant, more than one out of the way of prying ears. Dyana let him guide her towards one of these, and sat down eagerly. "
What did you learn?"
She blinks at him, her fuse for pleasantries expended. They could smalltalk later, but now was time for matters of more importance.

Dyana Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by  Fri May 08, 2015 11:39 pm

Edmund sat, setting down his goblet and pushing it to the side. A servant began to approach them and he brusquely waved them off.

He set his gaze sympathetically on Dyana, and measuring her demeanor, he avoided any further pretense and began, "
Dyana, I'm sorry. I wasn't able to find Mikael."

Looking down briefly at the table, he exhaled a sigh, thinking of how to continue. "
We thought we had a decent lead in Braavos, it seems that was where he first arrived. We spent months there following up leads, until we finally followed his trail to Pentos. From there..."
he said, shaking his head, them looking up at her, "
Nothing. Or at least, nothing substantial. I am afraid, Dyana, that if he is alive, either he does not want to be found or if he is held captive, it is not known. If he is dead, then...there are none that we found that knew of it.'"

He continues, continuing to speak quietly and earnestly, "
We spent no small fortune, my Lady, and left no clue unexamined."

Last edited by 1 on Sun May 10, 2015 1:19 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Dyana Marsten Sun May 10, 2015 7:38 am

At Edmund's simple but definitive words, Dyana falls silent. Her emerald eyes are locked fiercely with his own. She would seem to be glaring at him accusingly, but there is little emotion shown - she stares blankly at the man. After the longest ten or eleven seconds of the day, however, something within her finally falters. Her face unmoving, her whole figure otherwise statuesque, Dyana's gaze meets the table.

She keeps looking down for most of his report, rising to face him only at his last phrase. Silence then reigns some more as the news sink in, and the woman at last speaks. "
I understand. You have my utmost gratitude for your services, Edmund. You're a credit to your house, and your dedication is something I, Lady Dyana of the House Marsten, will never forget, regardless of the mission's failure."
She lets go, and sighs heavily. "
... you... enjoyed Essos, at least?"

Dyana Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by  Sun May 10, 2015 5:07 pm

He shakes his head gently, "
I won't insult you by regaling you with tales of my journey, my Lady. Another, happier time, perhaps."

"
I sit, as ever, in service to your house. We have known each other many years, Dyana."
he says, switching to a more familiar tone.

"
Think on what I may do for House Marsten while here, at this tourney."
he says, waving his hand to vaguely indicate the castle. "
But, for now, I can leave you to your privacy, if you so desire."

Back to top Go down

Post by Dyana Marsten Sun May 10, 2015 8:18 pm

"
That we have, Edmund."
Dyana answers in a more affectionate way to the man's assurance of his service, though some disappointment still stings her tone. She doesn't say much else as he finishes speaking, and contemplates his last suggestion for only a moment before replying.

"
Yes, I... I am tired, and the news you bring, though not really unexpected, are still hard to bear. I think I will... retire myself to camp, my friend."
She stands up, giving him an unladylike squeeze on the shoulder. "
I'll see you tomorrow, Edmund. It was good to see you again."
Offering a single nod, she makes way to leave the hall.

[/scene after anything else Edmund has to say.]

Dyana Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by  Sun May 10, 2015 8:45 pm

[/scene]

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down