Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[D7 LM] A family reunited

3 posters

Go down

[D7 LM] A family reunited Empty [D7 LM] A family reunited

Post by Kevan Lyras Fri Jan 01, 2016 1:39 pm

Kevan was still sitting in his tent studying books after his earlier visitor, Lord Redwain had left. The investigations were mostly over and he had some time to pass until the final results were to be presented.

The flap to his tent opened and a familiar voice called out: "
My husband alone in his tent studying books? That is one of the last things I expected!"
Beautiful lady Sofia smiled despite the swollen tear sacks that showed she was still grieving.
"
My love, what are you doing here?"
, Kevan got up and hugged his wife. "
Is everything ok? How is Robbin?"

"
Everything is alright, my dear. Robbin is fine, he is here with me, he is sleeping in the back of the carriage we came with. Don't worry, I travelled with ample guards. I just wanted to see you and it is also time to bring my condolences to my family, I am not the only one who lost a family member."

Kevan kissed his wife passionately. "
I missed you and Robbin! I want to see him too"

[OOC: Sofia is here for the remainder of the story, if anyone wants to interact with her]

Kevan Lyras

Back to top Go down

[D7 LM] A family reunited Empty Re: [D7 LM] A family reunited

Post by Reader Fri Jan 01, 2016 1:44 pm

Lady Sofia held her husband with her delicate hands. Her her is bound up for travel, preventing Sofia from playing with it as she does at times when nervous.

"
Family, how is my family to fare. I know it sounds selfish, but am I who has lost so much to lose more?"
beautiful but haunted eyes look up at Ser Kevan.
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevan Lyras Fri Jan 01, 2016 1:54 pm

Kevan's eyes connected with his wife's, looking at her for a moment before answering:
"
We have identified the murderer of your father and his accomplices and I am working on ensuring to have them killed for their crimes. I may have the means to convince one of the other investigating houses to vote so. Young Benji is safe, Lady Marsten is ensuring that he won't be fostered somewhere else, but stays here or with House Marsten. Now, your cousin Tyron... he was guilty in more than one crime. I helped him where I could and convinced him to confess early enough to make a difference, but he will likely suffer some sort of punishment. What exactly I do not know..."

Kevan Lyras

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Fri Jan 01, 2016 7:06 pm

Sofia looked up at her husband and nodded before resting her head on his chest, looking sideways.

"
I would not jeopardise my husband's reputation by asking him to reveal more than he should, but I can but hope that one of sufficient rank who gave the orders has been uncovered."

"
I may have the body of a woman, but I was a Blackwood before I was yours: any noble or knight responsible for the murder of my parents should die by the sword, commoners by the noose."

"
Lord Marsten or Ser Myles should swing the sword, it is what my father would have wanted and my lordly brother is too young for a man's task. It gladdens my heart that my brother will be safe near to me or with Ser Myles: he was been at war half his life or at his books. Your wife is sorry she could not prepare you for these trials by informing you of the man's character as I could with my brother and cousin."

Ah, Ser Tymon. A sourer note. She is a little stiffer over Ser Tymon, having hoped for a miracle from the husband who has never failed her but fearing the worst. She speaks more formally over this matter, relying on her courtly training.

"
I knew I could rely on you Kevan over my fierce cousin. I told you truly my fears that he had a hand in events. He loves our family, but for him that means hating the Brackens too. By the Gods they've given him enough cause. I trust my husband has won a gentler fate for my cousin, than would have befallen him else-wise."
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevan Lyras Fri Jan 01, 2016 11:40 pm

Kevan looked down to his wife, embraced in his arms.
"
Yes, we have found the one giving the orders, fear not. They will suffer their fair punishment and Lady Corrine is versed well enough in the traditions of the old faith to know how their lifes should be taken.

Ser Myles, yes he is a complicated person, but other than Ser Tyron, he seems to act more reasonable."

He gave her a kiss on her forehead and added: "
You can always rely on me, Sofia."

Suddenly, he seemed to remember something else: "
Sofia, since we are speaking about your family, what is it with your aunt Aly, she seems to be a rather special lady..?"

Last edited by 157 on Sat Jan 02, 2016 12:02 am; edited 1 time in total

Kevan Lyras

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Fri Jan 01, 2016 11:49 pm

Sofia smiles through the tears in her eyes.

"
Alysanne is the uncle I never had, or so Ser Tyron says. Some people take her for a political animal, taking a man's role as she does, but I believe she is simply herself. She would have been a Black even were there no black cause to embrace, conjured up Dornish ideas on inheritance even if the Rhoynar had never arrived on our shores."

"
Her men say she's as cunning as a wolf and she'd do anything for our family."
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevan Lyras Sat Jan 02, 2016 12:07 am

"
...cunning as a wolf..."
, he repeated, lost in thought. "
I may have to meet such an interesting person myself"

The following hours the small family spent together, enjoying each other's presence in the small tent before the inevitable call of duty forced them out in the real world again.

[/scene unless you want to add something else?]

Kevan Lyras

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Sat Jan 02, 2016 12:12 am

Snatched moments of happiness were vital after the horros of Battle Valley. It was important to have something, someone, worth fighting for. At least two someones now in Kevan's case.

[OOC: /scene on my part, leave things open and returning Sofia to Kevan's control in case other PCs wish to call on her/Kevan]
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Benedict Marsten Thu Jan 07, 2016 6:26 pm

Word had reached Ben of Sophia and Robin's arrival. It was all he could do to not rush over to greet them. Kevan needed and deserved time alone with his fledgling family. So, he instead busied himself with preparations for the upcoming assembly.

When he could no longer wait he quickly moved through camp to Kevan's tent, a smile upon his face. The guards moved aside to let him enter straight away, but he made them announce him and waited outside.
Benedict Marsten
Benedict Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevan Lyras Thu Jan 07, 2016 7:39 pm

"
Come in Ben, you are not interrupting anything"
, Kevan replied through the closed tent entrance. As the Lord Marsten entered the tent, the young family was sitting on Kevan's bedding, the young wife nestled into the arms of her husband. Their young son sleeping between the two. Sofia welcomed Ben with a warm smile: "
Lord Benedict, how are you?"

Kevan Lyras

Back to top Go down

Post by Benedict Marsten Sat Jan 09, 2016 10:28 pm

Ben enters buoyant and energetic, a small bag in his hand. He starts to open his mouth and speak, but upon seeing Robin he moves closer to whisper. "
Ah. I am sorry to interrupt. I Just wanted to welcome your arrival Lady Sofia. And to see Robin."

He smiles on the couple and their peaceful child. "
Also to apologise to you Kevan. We have had little time to fraternize. We have shared few words and far less drinks."
Benedict Marsten
Benedict Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevan Lyras Sat Jan 09, 2016 11:00 pm

Lady Sofia beamed at Ben: "
I hope you and Lady Corrine are wll? I am sure there was and still is a lot of pressure on your shoulders, but I am convinced the both of you are doing all you can and I am happy that the Crown chose House Marsten among others to investigate these crimes as I trust you and your wife."

Kevan smiled as well, pointing to a nearby chair. "
Take a seat, Ben, Robbin is sleeping well, so as long as we are not too loud, we will not wake him up. You are right, my friend, the week has been too busy with work and duty. I hope we will have some more time, once we return back home!"

Kevan Lyras

Back to top Go down

Post by Benedict Marsten Tue Jan 12, 2016 2:23 pm

Ben smiles back at his cousin. "
Well as we can be under such trying events. We are glad and flattered by that trust."

Moving to the chair, he remembers the package he carried. Pulling down the bag he holds a small carved, mounted knight with wheels and a pull string. "
It is for Robin. I know he is still to young for it, but I figured Kevan could play with it until then."
He gives a playful grin.

He turns it around to display it proudly. "
I had its shield painted with your house crest."

Easing quietly into the seat his face saddens at the thought of home and his far away daughter. "
Home can not come soon enough. I miss Bethany so."
Benedict Marsten
Benedict Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevan Lyras Wed Jan 13, 2016 10:05 pm

"
It is beautiful, Ben!"
, Lady Sofia anwers almost loud enough to wake her son. "
How did you have the time to find an artisan to craft this?"

Kevan looks surprised as well. "
A very nice knight, indeed. Thank you Ben. It will get special place to present it in our home. That is until Robbin can play with it."
he looks at his friend and liege lord. Slowly he gets up , carefully ensuring to not disturb his son. A bit akward, he puts his hand on Ben's shoulder and replies: "
Soon we can go home again and you can spend your time with little Beth! I am sure, she is well!"

Kevan Lyras

Back to top Go down

Post by Benedict Marsten Fri Jan 15, 2016 6:27 pm

Ben solemnly replies. "
You are right. Soon. Thank you, Kevan.

Turning to Sophia he smiles and answers. "
I found it at the market of Pennytree while investigating. At least something good came of my time there. Ellie actually did the paint work."

As he adjust in the chair, placing his forearms on to his knees, he yawns. "
Word is the cider maker is holding a wedding tournament. Looking to try for champion? Perhaps the Aurochs has gone out to pasture, so some young bulls may make a name."
Benedict Marsten
Benedict Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevan Lyras Fri Jan 15, 2016 7:21 pm

"
Ellie did the painting! I did not know she was that skilled an artist."
, Sofia replied. "
How is she? Between her visit of the Kriegar household and my pregnancy we sadly could not spend much time together. I hope to change that."
, she softly rocks her son in her arms while speaking.

Kevan meanwhile makes himself useful and brings a tray with drinks from the back of the pavillion to his guest and his wife. "
Yes, he is indeed and I am looking forward to it. Not sure if I can win it though, there are sone excelllent riders attending, irrespective of the whereabouts of the aurochs. Lord Frey is said to participqte as well. What are your plans for the next few months after we are done with this royal mess? Will you try your luck in the tourney as well, Ben?"

Kevan Lyras

Back to top Go down

Post by Benedict Marsten Sat Jan 23, 2016 2:50 pm

Kevan Lyras wrote:"
Ellie did the painting! I did not know she was that skilled an artist."
, Sofia replied. "
How is she? Between her visit of the Kriegar household and my pregnancy we sadly could not spend much time together. I hope to change that."
, she softly rocks her son in her arms while speaking.

"
Yes, she has many hidden talents. She is doing well despite the more gloomy atmosphere."
Ben leans forward to look on Robin. His smile grows.

Kevan Lyras wrote: Kevan meanwhile makes himself useful and brings a tray with drinks from the back of the pavillion to his guest and his wife. "
Yes, he is indeed and I am looking forward to it. Not sure if I can win it though, there are sone excelllent riders attending, irrespective of the whereabouts of the aurochs. Lord Frey is said to participqte as well. What are your plans for the next few months after we are done with this royal mess? Will you try your luck in the tourney as well, Ben?"

Ben accepts a drink graciuosly. "
Thank you. Well among Ellie's talents is her penchant for digging into wild rumors. She feels I should look into Markettown upon our departure. Arlyn has some Damn notion of searching our mountains for a holy relic. Of course training for both our troops and myself is always needed. Perhaps if I can find time I will participate in the tourney.

I would relish the chance to relive a simpler time in my life. Knights and horses instead of Lords and courts."
Benedict Marsten
Benedict Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down