Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[D8, EA] Picking up the gauntlets (open)

+6
Lady Corrine Marsten
Loreia
Ser Jorah Holt
Baelon Drakeson
Kevan Lyras
Reader
10 posters

Go down

[D8, EA] Picking up the gauntlets (open) Empty [D8, EA] Picking up the gauntlets (open)

Post by Reader Sat Jan 16, 2016 11:29 am

Ser Steffon Vance is not a man to accept his fate meekly, demanding his knightly right to trial by combat. "
The Warrior knows the righteousness of my character and will cut through the lies that these loyal men have been compelled by torture or threats to speak against me!"

Ser Tyron too invokes his rights. "
I answered to my supposed crimes honestly and freely. My name is mine. By blade and lance I will clear it. None of the fine men present can claim they'd have done less to serve their lords in war."
At this, he gestures accusingly around the gathered knights before throwing down a glove.

[OOC: However, those with Awareness 3 or greater or Awareness 2 + notice 1B will notice Ser Tyron casting panicked looks towards his son, Jojen.]

To gasps, Ser Humphrey Piper steps forward to demand his rights too. Unlike the previous two speakers, he has justly earned a reputation as merely an adequate personal combatant. Perhaps he is motivated by desperation, inspired by the brave examples of those who went before him? Or perhaps he dances to a different tune or is moved by some unseen hand?

The royal investigators have provoked two of the finest knights either house can call on. Can they back up their evidence with steel, or will their quarries escape them by force of arms?

[OOC: Remember these are to the death/yield, so some NPCs may survive to face their punishment and PCs can bail out if they're losing.

- Ser Steffon Vance, for the assassination of the late Lord Bryan Blackwood
- Ser Tyron Blackwood, for encroaching on to Darry lands and salting Bracken fields
- Ser Humphrey Piper, for the attack on the Dornish merchants at Pennytree
Ser Humphrey listed too as he seems likely to be punished in some way severe enough to drive him to trial by combat. Don't think I'm missing anyone else.

Simple intrigue (any ability) and status (reputation) test to determine precedent on answering challenges. Highest total scores go first (please list which challenge you'll accept first alongside your rolls. In the event that not enough PCs are present to answer challenges, PCs are allowed to double up, resting for a day or two if necessary).

Deadline of 9pm UK time, Monday the 18th of January.]
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

[D8, EA] Picking up the gauntlets (open) Empty Re: [D8, EA] Picking up the gauntlets (open)

Post by Kevan Lyras Sat Jan 16, 2016 12:01 pm

Kevan steps up next to the gauntlets and raises his voice:
"
Mylords, Myladies, honored royal investigators, I am Ser Kevan Lyras, Keeper of the Gates of House Marsten. I was knighted by Ser Alayne Tarly. Some of you observed my jousting abilities during the great Journey at Riverrun, where I defeated all my opponents but one. I ask you for the honour to pick up this gauntlet and stand against Ser Steffon in this trial. Let me prove the Seven's will and the righteousness of our verdict!"

[url=Picking up the gauntlet (Status)][/url]: 4d6+2 19
[url=Picking up the gauntlet (Convince)][/url]: 5d6k4+2 18 [url=Convince Reroll][/url]: 1d6 1 ->
no change
Total of 37
(1st priority: Steffon, 2nd priority: Humphrey. I will not challange Tyron)

Kevan Lyras

Back to top Go down

[D8, EA] Picking up the gauntlets (open) Empty Re: [D8, EA] Picking up the gauntlets (open)

Post by Baelon Drakeson Sat Jan 16, 2016 1:54 pm

"
Lady Corrine, Lords, Ladies, and other gathered worthies - you know who I am. My deeds speak for themselves."
He fingers the riverlands pearl that adorns the pommel of his sword. "
I would be honored if you would allow me to once again stand for justice."

[url=Gauntlets - Charm][/url]: 6d6+2 24 2#1d6 2 5 ->
[url=Gauntlets - Reputation][/url]: 4d6+2 16
Total 45
[Priorities dependent on the outcome of the treaty negotiations]
Baelon Drakeson
Baelon Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Jorah Holt Sat Jan 16, 2016 2:46 pm

"
My name is Ser Jorah Holt. People here present, you know that I am willing to stand for justice and take up the gauntlet against Ser Humphrey."

[url=gauntlet - Status][/url]: 4d6k3 14
[url=Persuasion (No specialty)][/url]: 3d6k3 11
Total 25 - Ser Humphrey only - House Bracken already dislike Ser Jorah, so improving their opinion is not that likely anyway

Ser Jorah Holt

Back to top Go down

Post by Loreia Sun Jan 17, 2016 5:48 am

From the gathering of warriors gathered for the sentencing of Ser Steffon, Ser Tyron, and Ser Humphrey, Loreia steps forward away from the others after brief hesitation, right after Ser Jorah offers his sword. Green supporters are already groaning, some daring to boo before they're shushed. For a brief moment, she fumbles with her words, then raises her voice so everyone can hear:

"
M'lords an' ladies, the gods find their champions among the brave an' strong men an' women who bend to Their will."
This draws a few grunts of "
aye"
from a few black supporters. "
In the wild lands beyond the Wall, I've proved I can endure. Against every foe in the tourney, save for Lord Drakeson, and against godless blackguards an' savages, I've proved I can achieve victory in arms."

"
Good people of the realm, if you let me, I will endure, and I will bring you victory with the Warrior's blessing."
Here I stand.

If only because the Green supporters boo openly, the less restrained among the Black supporters begin to bicker with them, and cheer her on in spite. Loreia's gaze pans toward Lady Corrine, flickering over Lady Alysanne briefly if she is present.

[url=Convince, Picking up the Gauntlets][/url]: 2d6 11
[url=Status, Picking up the Gauntlet][/url]: 3d6 7
Loreia
Loreia

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Sun Jan 17, 2016 3:46 pm

Corrine gives Loreia an approving nod. Her expression is solemn for the occasion, but she allows herself a restrained smile at Loreia's speech.
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Davain Bartheld Sun Jan 17, 2016 9:00 pm

Davain rises to the occasion as well. “Humphrey Piper, you have not only shamed your Lord and the vows you swore to uphold, but also the realm as a whole. There is no greater honor then bring justice to the likes of you."

[url=Picking up the gauntlet (status)][/url]: 5d6+2 17
[url=Picking up the gauntlet persuasion][/url]: 4d6+2 16
[url=Reroll 1][/url]: 1d6 6 to bring persuasion total to 21

Total:38
(1st: Humphreys,2nd: Steffon,3rd: Tyron)
Davain Bartheld
Davain Bartheld

Back to top Go down

Post by Ereth Redwain Sun Jan 17, 2016 9:43 pm

A smile at the woman raising to the occasion This are interesting time, filled with fierce woman and corrupt knights

Ereth's eyes widen and his mouth goes O shaped, the surprise evident of lord Davain taking up the challenge was rather surprising.

That would be an interesting fight, and now there is plenty of champions for them to chose from, no need to raise my voice, people will just say I'm just trying to look the part, did my fighting and earned my lordship already. I would have challenged Ser Humprey too, safest choice yet fulfilling an obligation, perhaps his lordship will see him get what he wants, or perhaps he will regret it as he was just doing it for show?
Ereth Redwain
Ereth Redwain

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Mon Jan 18, 2016 2:10 pm

Somewhat unexpected, or perhaps not, Ser Theomore also steps forward, declaring his lance available to the course of justice, with a look in the direction of Ser Humphrey that may well indicate a desire to be the one to ensure that the will of his lord nephew is carried out.

[url=gauntlet-status][/url]: 5d6k4 19
[url=gauntlet-simple intrigue][/url]: 5d6k4+5 +2 BoA20
Total: 39, priority on Humphrey, Tyron second, he wants Steffon dead and will therefore leave him to more capable fighters (like Kevan or Baelon)
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Tymon Lannister Mon Jan 18, 2016 7:59 pm

Ser Tymon steps forward and says “My lords, my ladies, esteemed guests;
I am Ser Tymon Lannister and offer to stand for justice.”

[url=Picking up the gauntlet - status][/url]: 5d6k4 20

[url=Picking up the gauntlet - charm][/url]: 5d6k4 16
[url=Picking up the gauntlet - charm - Attractive Quality][/url]: 1d6 2 = no change stays at 16

Total: 36
(1st priority: Ser Humphrey / 2nd priority: Ser Steffon / 3rd priority: Ser Tyron)

Tymon Lannister

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Mon Jan 18, 2016 9:18 pm

[OOC: event locked! Just waiting on a few PM answers to finalise who people want to tilt against.

Current order
1. Lord Baelon Drakeson
2. Ser Theomore Tullison
3. Lord Davain Bartheld

If Ser Kevan Lyras uses Blood of the Andals order will be
1. Lord Baelon Drakeson
Tie 2. Ser Theomore Tullison
Tie 2. Ser Kevan Lyras

Destiny spending here will just be a mess of spending and tit-for-tat cancellation, so probably wise to skip that.

That leaves four PCs denied some tilting - not on Lord Bracken's watch! He'll set up an impromptu tourney, some distance from the solemnity of the trials by combat.

Whichever four PCs end up without an opponent can face an average knight, then remaining four face off in a quarter final followed by a final. Winner earns 1 glory and 20 gold dragons, runner up receives 10 gold dragons]
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevan Lyras Mon Jan 18, 2016 9:58 pm

Ah, I thought I used my BotA already, but this is day 8. So, I would like to spend it. Sorry for the delay.

Kevan Lyras

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Mon Jan 18, 2016 10:00 pm

[OOC: Excellent. Ser Theomore and Ser Kevan, please roll off against each other to break the tie. If it's not done by 7am UK time tomorrow, I'll do so.]
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevan Lyras Mon Jan 18, 2016 10:24 pm

Tie-break rolls:
[url=PutG tie-break (Status)][/url]: 4d6+2 20
[url=PutG tie-break (Convince)][/url]: 5d6k4+2 18
[url=Reroll the 1][/url]: 1d6 2 ->
= 19
Total 39

[If Baelon chooses Steffon and Theomore wins the tie-breaker and chooses Humphrey, can I step back to let Lord Davain face Ser Tyron?]

Kevan Lyras

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Mon Jan 18, 2016 11:25 pm

[url=status-tiebreak][/url]: 5d6k4 12
[url=intrigue tie-break][/url]: 5d6k4+5 22
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Baelon Drakeson Wed Jan 20, 2016 5:16 am

[OOC: No worries, Kevan, we each get our favored opponents - I'll be taking on Ser Tyron.]
Baelon Drakeson
Baelon Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Wed Jan 20, 2016 10:27 am

[challenges - please make a thread.

Lord Baelon Drakeson - Ser Tyron Blackwood
Ser Kevan Lyras - Ser Steffon Vance
Ser Theomore Tullison - Ser Humphrey Piper

Other four PCs mini tournament starting against one of Lord Bracken's household knights, then semi-finals and final].

Again, please make a thread.]
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Wed Jan 20, 2016 7:28 pm

[Ser Jorah, Loreia and Ser Tymon - feel free to create a thread for your matches too and hope you can win through to the semi-finals of Lord Bracken's Peace Joust.]
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Fri Jan 22, 2016 10:13 am

[ooc: semi-final matches drawn.

Ser Jorah Holt v Lord Davain Bartheld
Loreia v Ser Tymon Lannister]
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevan Lyras Fri Jan 22, 2016 10:25 am

[For the recently joined players: PvP jousts are typically handled by both players writing their stance for the round in their personal forum and confirming that this is done in the jousting thread, before both players roll the joust]

Kevan Lyras

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Fri Jan 22, 2016 11:02 am

Kevan Lyras wrote:[For the recently joined players: PvP jousts are typically handled by both players writing their stance for the round in their personal forum and confirming that this is done in the jousting thread, before both players roll the joust]

[ooc: confirmed. Pm to me works too]
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down