Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[D8:LM] For the next generation (closed)

2 posters

Go down

[D8:LM] For the next generation (closed) Empty [D8:LM] For the next generation (closed)

Post by Baelon Drakeson Tue Jan 19, 2016 6:30 am

Baelon had not spent much time at Raventree Hall, but with punishments decided and trials by combat seeming inevitable, it seemed the right time to make the trip.

"
Pardon me, can you direct me to Ser Tyron?"
he asks one of the gate guards.
Baelon Drakeson
Baelon Drakeson

Back to top Go down

[D8:LM] For the next generation (closed) Empty Re: [D8:LM] For the next generation (closed)

Post by Baelon Drakeson Wed Jan 20, 2016 3:00 pm

[OOC: Approved by Reader]

Ser Tyron is not the greatest of moods. Exile or the Wall is bad enough, but Jojen in the Beast’s claws? Unthinkable.

“Ser Tyron, I am sure you wish to spend your remaining time with your son, so I will keep this brief. I assume you intend to demand a Trial by Combat. I intend to accept.”

The Blackwood knight bristles.
“I had heard you were close to the Bracken scum, but… ”

“Hear me out, ser. There are many who would fight in these trials, but many are kin of yours, and I presume reluctant to face a kinsman in what could be a fight to the death. Kinslayers are universally reviled.” Except by their madmen brothers apparently. “Among those not your kin are many who, I suspect, would rather see you dead on the field than alive in exile or on the Wall, and would not hesitate to use underhanded means to do it. I am neither kin nor do I wish you dead.”

Ser Tyron continues to look displeased, but holds his tongue.

“I have an offer for you. I suspect you fight for your son’s sake as much as for your own. If you forgo your challenge and take the black, I will take Jojen as my squire. I have heard many good things about Ser Myles, but he is not a warrior of your quality, and I have no doubt that sooner or later Jojen will face Brackens on the battlefield, whether he be ready for it or not.” Though I’d rather they join us in support of the Princess. “Better to have been trained by the Dragon’s Son, wouldn’t you say? If you choose exile, I will speak with Lord Haig - as you have noted I have some sway with him. I may be able to convince him to let me take Jojen as a squire instead of him, though of course I cannot guarantee that he will assent - he hates you as much as you hate him.”

Ser Tyron scoffs.
“You would have me meekly submit to this? I will show my son that a true knight does not simply lay down his arms and accept dishonor.”

Baelon smiles.
“Just remember who you will face.” His voice drops low so as not to be overheard by others. “I trained with Prince Daemon himself.” For a week. “We both competed in the tourney at Riverrun last year, and I advanced beyond you in both the joust and the melee. There is no doubt that you are a fine warrior – but do not think I will go easy on you because I do not wish you dead. ”

Ser Tyron glowers, but much of the fire has left him.
“I will think on your words – for my son’s sake.”
Baelon Drakeson
Baelon Drakeson

Back to top Go down

[D8:LM] For the next generation (closed) Empty Re: [D8:LM] For the next generation (closed)

Post by Reader Wed Jan 20, 2016 10:32 pm

[Placeholder]
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down