Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[D8, LA] Matchmaker... Part 2 (Closed)

2 posters

Go down

[D8, LA] Matchmaker... Part 2 (Closed) Empty [D8, LA] Matchmaker... Part 2 (Closed)

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Thu Feb 04, 2016 11:19 pm

After meeting with Lady Alyssane, Corrine seeks out Daveth. Directed to hus rooms, she knocks on his door, then stands in wait, bouncing a little on the balls of her feet in excitement.
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

[D8, LA] Matchmaker... Part 2 (Closed) Empty Re: [D8, LA] Matchmaker... Part 2 (Closed)

Post by Daveth Coldbrook Thu Feb 04, 2016 11:43 pm

Distracted from his musings, Daveth answers the door, smiling in greeting before giving her a proper bow. "
Lady Corrine. It is good to see you again. I'd not seek to invite scandal, nor your husband's wrath, by inviting you inside my room, so how about we go for a short walk through the grounds? Most of them are a lot more ... cheerful than the last place we met."
he adds with a small smile.

While he has in mind a quite pleasant route, with enough clearance around it to expose any eavesdroppers, Daveth doesn't try and force the lead. If Lady Corrine tries to guide their route, he'll follow her lead.
Daveth Coldbrook
Daveth Coldbrook

Back to top Go down

[D8, LA] Matchmaker... Part 2 (Closed) Empty Re: [D8, LA] Matchmaker... Part 2 (Closed)

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Fri Feb 05, 2016 3:15 am

"
Excellent idea. Let us walk then."

Cheerfully, she takes his arm as they walk through the grounds.

"
I bring good tidings. Lady Alyssane is willing to meet you this evening. Ser Myles will be chaperoning her."
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Daveth Coldbrook Fri Feb 05, 2016 1:01 pm

Daveth lets that sink in for a moment before answering. "
It seems you did an admirable job. That Ser Myles himself would chaperone means they're likely giving the matter serious consideration. Thank you."

He pauses before continuing. "
What is she like? As a person? I only have rumour and reputation by which to judge her. I'd be interested in hearing your thoughts."
Daveth Coldbrook
Daveth Coldbrook

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Sat Feb 06, 2016 2:47 am

"
I like her. She's well-raised, amiable, honourable, and clever. She cares greatly for her House and family, and I understand her to be dutiful and honest. She hopes to marry someone who will not force her out of her nature as a warrior, at least not completely, so I think she's a good match, as you have an appreciation for independence of spirit. I think she has the right balance of the dutiful Lady and the strong leader. She's very attractive too, and charming. I think you two will be a good match."
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Daveth Coldbrook Sat Feb 06, 2016 10:03 pm

There's an even longer pause as that sinks in. By the gods. Maybe Ser Myles isn't really going to be the chaperone, maybe he's going to be there to issue a challenge for my impudence.

For them to be seriously considering it, I guess she *really* wants to keep being a soldier.

"
I see."
he finally says. "
Tell me, have you heard tell of any other suitors? From your words, she sounds like an extraordinary catch. If I am to be challenged by a dozen rivals on my way to the meeting, I'll make sure to leave early."
Daveth Coldbrook
Daveth Coldbrook

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Sun Feb 07, 2016 12:24 am

"
I did not get the impression that she has other suitors. I am sure you will not be in any peril. However, if it would help you to feel more comfortable, I could accompany you, at least for the initial introduction."
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Daveth Coldbrook Sun Feb 07, 2016 12:58 am

Daveth considers this. "
Actually, yes. If you wouldn't mind, someone of your stature making the introductions would help. More seriously than concerns over suitors, simply the fact that her house dates back millennia, while mine is younger than I am presents a barrier that your support would help overcome."

He smiles, and pats her arm where it crosses his. "
After all, if the Lady of the great House Marsten is willing to support me, then while House Coldbrook may not have a past, they can be that bit more confident in our future."

He gives a somewhat wry smile. "
As somebody who has a reputation for successfully arranging this kind of thing, any advice for me?"
Daveth Coldbrook
Daveth Coldbrook

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Sun Feb 07, 2016 1:41 am

Corrine smiles warmly.

"
Try to relax and be yourself. I know you have a tendency, as I do, at times, to overthink and worry, but you are a good man with a promising future. You deserve to be here, so try not to let self-doubt get to you. I will be happy to be there to support you."
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Daveth Coldbrook Sun Feb 07, 2016 1:12 pm

He snorts slightly at her observation. "
You're certainly not wrong there."
he nods, and continues in a resolute voice. "
Alright. Nothing to do but try."

He glances across at her, and speaks in a softer voice. "
However well or poorly it goes this evening, thank you."

[OOC: And unless you've got more of note to say, I think that's it for this thread from my side.]
Daveth Coldbrook
Daveth Coldbrook

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Sun Feb 07, 2016 10:24 pm

"
You will be marvellous, my friend,"
she reassures him, with a grateful smile.

[/scene]
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down