Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[D8, EA] Matchmaker, Matchmaker, make me a match (Closed)

2 posters

Go down

[D8, EA] Matchmaker, Matchmaker, make me a match (Closed) Empty [D8, EA] Matchmaker, Matchmaker, make me a match (Closed)

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Sat Jan 30, 2016 3:47 pm

Following up on her meeting with Daveth, Corrine sought out Lady Alyssane Blackwood, hoping to gauge her suitability for him. She presented herself at Raventree Hall, requesting to see Lady Alyssane.
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

[D8, EA] Matchmaker, Matchmaker, make me a match (Closed) Empty Re: [D8, EA] Matchmaker, Matchmaker, make me a match (Closed

Post by Reader Sat Jan 30, 2016 3:56 pm

Lady Alysanne Blackwood was armed and armoured for patrol, her long black hair tied up in a tight braid. Truth be told, perhaps she was what Lady Corrine would have been, had the head of House Marsten not been forced by circumstance, ill-fortune and a determined character to take responsibility for her family.

Despite her reputation and masculine attire, Black Aly curtsied rather than bowed to her guest, her long tunic serving here as a dress.

"
My Lady of House Marsten."

Nor did she transform in to a fearsome wolf. Disappointingly mundane.
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

[D8, EA] Matchmaker, Matchmaker, make me a match (Closed) Empty Re: [D8, EA] Matchmaker, Matchmaker, make me a match (Closed

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Sat Jan 30, 2016 6:57 pm

Corrine also curtsied with a warm smile.

"
Lady Alyssane. A pleasure to meet you at last. I have heard intriguing tales of your bravery and prowess."

Her expression became more empathic;

"
Your family must have been proud of you. You have my sincere condolences for your loss."
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Sun Jan 31, 2016 12:10 pm

"
My lady is kind, but much and more of what I achieve is due to the foundations my family has given me and the talents of my men. You have better claim to personal prowess myLady. If you will forgive me my boldness, I did not expect to see a Marsten lady stalking shadowcats in our lands. Happier still to see those expectations confounded and the hunt successful. You and the Dulver hunstman at least brought some talent to Lord Bracken's frivolities."

Lord Bracken would hate to hear his hunt described as such, which only made the words sweeter. Damnable braggart. If a man pursued pleasures of the flesh as fiercely as he pursued battle and hart, all would think ill of him. Or a would who pursued either.

"
My thanks for your kindness. The Spring has been unkind to Raventree folk and our people, but my men and I have done what we can to keep the borders secure. The smallfolk owe us their labour, but a lord has a duty to protect them in turn. Our Lord is young and Ser Myles cannot be everywhere."
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Mon Feb 01, 2016 3:41 am

"
Thank you for your kind compliments. You are a credit to your House. The huntsman was generous enough to present me with the second pelt, as a gift to my husband and I. I rather like our matching fur cloaks,"
Corrine beams proudly. "
While it was an enjoyable hunt, all told, I hope not to come so close to being prey in future."

I like her already. Modest and honourable.

"
Forgive my boldness, but might I ask if you are betrothed?"
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Mon Feb 01, 2016 7:17 pm

Black Aly did not drop her head meekly, nor did she meet Corrine's gaze fiercely.

"
I am as yet unwed and betrothed, although I fear the time draws near to set aside mail and bow and pick-up a pen and ledger instead. I can but hope my husband will permit me this much."

A pause for comic effect.

"
I hope so for his sake, lest I make his life hell."

She smiles to show she is jesting, before turning serious.

"
I will confess to some relief to find you asking me this only now. Duty kept me from Raventree hall upon your initial arrival and I half expected to return to find myself wed to Ser Wyll Bracken in the name of peace. We all have our parts to play, but it seems I am not to be called to the stage quite yet."
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Tue Feb 02, 2016 4:21 am

Corrine smiles interestedly.

Good, good. And at least she did not interpret it as an advance!

"
We have tried to leave enforced marriages out of the treaty. Shoving the wrong people together can lead to disaster."

Like you and Athelstan, eh Corrine?

Shut up.

"
We have made a suggestion that Ser Myles and Lady Kerry marry, but it is not an imperative. I must say, I am glad of what you say. The timing is indeed good. If you would be amenable, I'd like to make a little proposal. You have caught the attention of a good friend of mine, a young Lord of good character and standing, whom I think would be the sort of man to appreciate your unique character &
talents, and would not, as you say, force you to trade your maille for a quill, at least not permanently. Would you consent to an introductory meeting this evening? I think you two would be a good match."
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Wed Feb 03, 2016 9:37 pm

"
You made a fine match for Lady Clayre of House Redfort it is said. I may not obsess over court gossip, but nor do I render my family blind and deaf by ignoring it. I do my part."

"
I fear I may prove a harder match to make than a mountain rose like Clayre, but I would not dissuade you from trying if the match can live up to even half your hopes for my suitor's permissiveness and Dornish sensibilities."

"
I will speak to Ser Myles - a courtesy to our regent - and arrange a chaperone. Little to be lost in such a venture, and my family needs friends if we are to rise again."

Alysanne smiles and dips her head in gratitude.
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Thu Feb 04, 2016 11:15 pm

Corrine smiles broadly.

"
I see my reputation slightly precedes me,"
she laughs. "
I shan't complain though. In a world where happiness is too often curtailed or destroyed, I am glad to have a hand in creating or increasing it. Where and when would you like to reconvene?"
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

[D8, EA] Matchmaker, Matchmaker, make me a match (Closed) Empty Re: [D8, EA] Matchmaker, Matchmaker, make me a match (Closed)

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down