Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adventures in maiden pool

2 posters

Go down

Adventures in maiden pool Empty Adventures in maiden pool

Post by Septon Arlyn Mon Feb 08, 2016 11:25 pm

Septon Arlyn arrives in maidenpool. Not much has changed since he arrived left there as a boy all those years ago. well at least the town hasn't changed much, me on the other hand... Septon Arlyn thinks with apprehension. I wonder what my family will think. What my father will think. He always wanted me to be a knight. Will he think less of me since I chose a different path? Septon Arlyn wonders as he passes pheasant fountain, a place where he once chased his brother's around in a games of tag. my brothers. I have given little thought to them all these years. I wonder if they have changed at all? I haven't heard but rumors. Something terrible always seems to be happening. To our family. They jape about a coldbrook curse yet the Qargles seem to always end up on the losing side. Hopefully their luck has turned. thinks Septon Arlyn, following the muddy track to the townhouse that was once his home.

[url:2id31va9]https:
//drive.
google.
com/file/d/0B2gDRAfajOgbWW52Q1NDYUJ4MHc/view?usp=docslist_api[/url:2id31va9]
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Adventures in maiden pool Empty Kings Justice Day 8

Post by Septon Arlyn Tue Feb 16, 2016 9:10 am

[size=150:33fspuye]Earlier that week

Septon Arlyn can hear the rustling of the tent flap as Ser Waltons squire enters his tent. "
What do you want from me?"
Asks Septon Arlyn in a dour mood. God I feel like my eyeballs are trying to escape from by eye sockets.

"
You told me to come wake you before first light, your grace."
Replies the boy simply, "
So here I am, waking you."
On any other day the boys soft sapano voice would be been comforting, today however it sounded like the shrillest wine of a teapot that was screaming angrily at being forgotten over the campfire.

"
Alright, Alright, I'm up."
retorts Septon Arlyn, "
Go make sure the wagon is ready."

"
I already have, Your grace, It is merely waiting for you."
replies the boy.

"
Then go wake Mikael, have him ready to go?"
asks Septon Arlyn, I hope to merely give you a task to get you out of my tent. Is that so difficult to understand?"

"
He is awaiting for you outside your tent. He appears to be going impatient at having been woken up so early and yet not leaving. He said something to the effect that 'if I wanted to stay up all night watching a fat man rise and ride I would have merely stayed in the barrack and watched Sameer try and ride that women he brought back from the celebration.' or something to that effect your grace."
The boy's face was flushed red with the report, yet he still did not remove himself from the Septons tent.

"
Well boy, your going to get more then you bargained for if you don't leave this tent now."
Septon Arlyns answer was more terse then his normal tone, but it finally gave the Boy his cue to leave. As then tent flap fell back into place Septon Arlyn moved himself up from his cot and stretched. good thing the boy finally left, I would hate to have to explain where I got these scars from. I doubt the poor boy would be able to handle such a tale. Septon Arlyn then swung his legs over the cot and placed it on the grassy floor of his simple tent. Looking down at his feet the Septon thinks, The grass is still green, even though outside it is a muddy mess. I guess I did not spend much time in my own tent this week now did I. Septon Arlyn then stretches, feeling the skin pull tight on his stomach. Septon Arlyn then bends over out of bed and flips open his chest and clucks disappointingly at his wardrobe.

I need some new robes, these ones appear to have been though the wringer. Carefully pulling out his brown robes Septon Arlyn sets them on his cot next to him. I haven't had much use for subterfuge since I lost Brother Thomas. However he always said that the best use of the brown robes was to not draw suspicion to yourself. Perhaps he is right.

Septon Arlyn winces slightly as pressure starts building behind his eyeballs again. Damn Yoren was right, I should have had much more water then I did. Hopefully I can rectify that situation Septon Arlyn takes out a canteen and pops the lid off. Swishing it around slightly Septon Arlyn thinks, About 3/4 a liter. I need to drink this entire thing before I leave this tent, hopefully that will help balance my humors. The Septon Arlyn felt a pressure on his bladder. especially if I am expelling extra humors this morning. Septon Arlyn quickly shrugs on his robes, then glances back down at the chest. After removing the brown robe from the chest it had revealed Ser Kevan Lyras gift. He is a good man. I would ask for him to squire my brother but I have a feeling that my brother may not be up to the challenge of squiring under such a great and noble knight. His accident causes him great grievance. I would not want to have my brothers injury interfere with his duties as being a good squire for him. But hopefully meeting Ser Kevan will give My brother an Ideal to work towards, at least if Ser Kevan is able to meet my family that is.

After Septon Arlyn pushes his way out of the tent he sees the guard Mikael standing, his arms crossed and his booted foot taping the ground with obvious frustration. "
Well if I had known that Your Grace would have been getting his beaty sleep, then I would not have left the warm comfort of my bed as well. Now lets leave this place and be done with it."
Mikael looks around nervously, "
The more distance I put between myself and the Warriors Seat, the better off I will feel. I'm done being cooped up like some sort of prisoner. It weren't I that attacked the caravan, so why should I be the one bein' locked up fer it?"
Mikael asks tersely.

"
It was for your own protection,"
The Septon replied exasperatedly. "
we could not very well have you trapsing around [url=Pennytree][/url]or [url=here and there in these troubled lands][/url]. No, it was much safer for you to stay here under at the [url=campsites under the kings banner][/url]then to remain at the [url=warriors seat][/url] or try and hide with the refuees at [url=Blackbuckle village][/url].

"
Still doesn't mean that I had to remain under lock and key,"
pouts the man. "
I helped you guys out. What do I get for my service? to be stuck in a tent while all the other men get to go out and celebrate! How is that even fair?"
rhetorically asks Mikael.

Septon Arlyn rolls his eyes, Gods be good, why did I volunteer to have this man follow me around? Septon Arlyn chuckles to himself, Because Ser Walton insisted on taking someone with you, and you know that this man does not have any family waiting at home for him at stoney hearth. Also he is just as likely to get out of your way as to try to interfere 'for your safety.' Which can be a good quality in a man if you know that about him. "
Has any man shown up yet asking for me?"
asks Septon Arlyn, hoping to divert Mikaels tirade.

"
well... I don't know, I've been here waiting for you."
Replies Mikael

I wonder how long I should wait and see if Marstens man shows up? "
Alright, well I'm expecting someone. I will be over at the latrine relieving myself. If he should show up let him know we will be on our way shortly."
For better or worse with this headache I have going on, with how much that Mikael runs his mouth it is a good thing I did not tell him why we are going to madienpool. Elsewise I would not be surprised if half of the Dulvers Camp would not know about it by now. Septon Arlyn thinks as he makes his way over to the latrine to relieve himself.
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Adventures in maiden pool Empty Re: Adventures in maiden pool

Post by Samurel Manderly Sun Feb 21, 2016 4:12 am

Samurel arrives to the Tents where he was informed the Septon would be, ofcourse the night prior he made sure it was the right tent, not seeing much in terms of conversation or individuals, seeing the Septon enter proved enough to signal him it was the right one.

He wore the same noble garb that he would routinely wear when playing his own part:

A black satin cloak, dark green patterned tunic with a similarly dark surcoat with bronze buttons. High boots with a weather pattern and stained black with bronze detail.

Approaching the Guard in front of the tent shortly after the guard pops his head back out from inside.

I really rather not have this affair cause too much issue, I do wonder what my lady suspect about the Septon...

"
Hello, The Lady Marsten sent me."

Samurel Manderly

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Sun Feb 21, 2016 6:24 am

Gods damn, can that guard mikael make any more noise clanking about? He sounds like when I dropped that platter full of silverware down the stairway as a child when living in my father's townhouse. "
'm coming, just a moment, "
Septon Arlyn announces outside of the tent. Grabbing his warm mug of mint tea Septon Arlyn steps out from the tent, giving the young noblemen a once over. Not much to look at is he? Rather just plain seeming. I guess that would be helpful if you don't want to be remembered.

"
Good morning, Sorry for all of the noise,"
Septon Arlyn gestures to Mikael, "
This is my 'personal attendant' as Ser Walton would have it be called, Mikael. As we are leaving without Ser Walton's express permission, I figured the least I could owe him was taking along this man whom he assigned to me."
Septon Aryn catches Mikael rolling his eyes, choosing to dismiss it the Septon continues. "
better to ask forgiveness then permission, eh?"
Septon Arlyn gives a playful grin. "
could I bother you for some tea? I know I promised to get started at first light, but I figured we could get some tea and I could explain what my plan is in a little more detail. I was being sparing with the details in front of the entire Marsten contingent, I doubt that My lady has any unknown spies in her service, but I figured it would better be safe then dead."
or worse then dead. Septon Arlyn was dressed in simple brown tunic and brown pants, tied with a drawstring around his waist. a leather belt contained a simple dagger and leather pouch, the bulge meant that there were a few coins and possibly some other items, but nothing too heavy or bulky. The Septons hair was tossed and stiff, his brown hair cropped short with a days worth of stubble on his large chin. The Septon had dark circles under his eyes, showing a long few nights the past few days, with only the shortest of naps to break up the monotony.

"
Your Grace,"
a young boy appears, black hammer on a copper field lively showing he was likely a page or squire to a Dulver. "
everything is as you requested it."
he stands expectantly, as if waiting for something.

"
Here,"
Septon Arlyn fishes into the pouch, procuring two silver coins and a couple of letters. "
Deliver these to Ser Walton, you can read, right boy?"
The squire nods. "
Good, then you will see this letter here has little Waltons name on it. deliver these letters to him and tell him to read his after a day"
Septon Arlyn thinks for a moment then says. "
actually,"
pulls out a few more silver coins and places it into the boys outstretched one, "
Go ahead and deliver it tonight, that will give us enough of a head start that he would not risk trying to change my mind with the dangers of this endeavour."
The Septon gives the boy a smiles then waves him away, "
Thanks for all of your help in this matter, now let us be, we need to have a conversation with our guest here."
Septon Arlyn gestures to the table, "
Some bread and salt?"
the Septon asks
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Samurel Manderly Sun Feb 21, 2016 6:52 am

Moving his hands in a receiving and introductory gesture, Samurel moves his cloak, revealing a simple leather belt with pouches along the sides and two handles sticking out of the openings in his boots.

"
I would rather enjoy some tea."

Returning to his regular posture

"
I think introductions are in order while we have this tea, but do not mind me, if possible, I'd rather we have this conversation on the road, for mean the same reasons that you wished not to speak before. if you wouldn't mind."

Now that the thought comes to me, I don't think I've had the pleasure of a good morning tea in some time... it's always some wine or ale, or even simple water... tea... what a pleasant comfort

"
I'll be sure to recoup your costs for the tea, I'd really rather keep my own shares in line, so to speak, I do hope you understand."

Samurel Manderly

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Sun Feb 21, 2016 7:41 am

Septon Arlyn smiles, what a pleasant young man, when Samuel offers to replace the cost of the tea Septon Arlyn hold's up his hands. "
I've offered you bread and salt, my Lord, consider the cost to be the one of privileges of guest right. Some of those from the south may not believe in the story of the rat cook, but I say the seven a curse those who would defy the right of guest right as well. For how can a Lord discuss peace of there is no trust that men will keep their words and maintain safety for those who would seek peace."
Septon Arlyn gives a little grin, "
besides, it's one of the few things that I can get Lord Dulver to pay for without much complaint. For it helps move the bowels, a common issue with men as they get older, thus one he is willing to relent to without too much fuss."
Septon Arlyn gives Samuel a wink.

"
So I am Septon Arlyn,"
begins the Septon. "
I do not know how much your Lady has told you about me, or our mission, but I am the Septon of House Dulver. I've been working here, under the kings banner, trying to find the truth of the matters of the houses involved. I feel that most of the crimes here appear to be solved. But the second attack on Pennytree was particularly vile, as it broke the trust the small folk had in ensuring that the forces under the kings banner would actually protect them."

Septon Arlyn gives the young noblemen a serious look, "
I have many friends who are small folk, and I would hate for them to have suffered the grief and loss that these folks have suffered here. My hope is to bring the bandits to justice si that I can helpfully provide the peace of knowing that justice was done for their families, to hopefully help them begin to heal."
Finishes Septon Arlyn.

"
So, tell me a little about yourself,"

(OOC, I'm expecting you to make something up, passive awareness is 12, should be pretty easy to pull one over ☺️)
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Samurel Manderly Sun Feb 21, 2016 8:10 am

The moment that the Septon mentions ...your Lady... a noticeable expression of confusion appears over Samurel's Face. [url=Deception (Act)][/url]: 5d6k4+2 16

"
I must beg your pardon Septon, but I do believe you are rightly mistake... she is not my Lady anymore then she is yours. an acquaintance or friend who I owed a favor. and this favor I am repaying through my service for her through you."
Yes... a favor

With an light expression returned to Sam
"
Well then please let me treat you to something along the road, I'm sure I'll find a nominal creature comfort along the way to maidenpool I could provide you with in exchange for this tea;
tea which I haven't had in quite sometime you see, being away in essos for the better part of the past year."

A somber tone enters when the septon brings up Pennytree

"
yes... well, I don't much expect retribution will help those now dead, retribution is only for the living."

when the topic changes to himself Sam is a bit flabbergasted
"
Well, I guess it was rude of me to not follow through with the introductions like you had, I am Samurel Manderly, second son of Lord Ormund Manderly of the Wolf's Den. at your service as it were.

There really isn't much to me at all Septon, being a spare has its comforts and its drudgery, if you want to know my life story, that'll have to come at another time, be it as I may, were I more adept at foreign languages, like some maesters, you could easily call me worldly, as that remains untrue, you can call me well travelled... for an average westerosi noble"

Samurel Manderly

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Sun Feb 21, 2016 8:37 am

"
Slip of the tongue my Lord, I ment no offense. Just when I spoke to Lady Corinne I simply asked for someone to accompany me, I was not aware that your lordship was merely a friend with a favor."
Septon Arlyn smiles, "
although Lady Corinne does tend to attract talented friends, so it is not surprising that she would know have a friend who is talented in finding the truth of the matter. I obviously made a false assumption, for that, I again do apologize for."

At the mention of the wolf's den Septon Arlyn's face goes even more pale then it already was.

"
The Wolf's den you say? Manderly? So your from white harbor. I've been there once, although it was many years ago."
some could almost say a life time, although in reality it was two lifetimes. Septon Arlyn quickly attempts to change the subject yet again.

"
Essos you say? Well having an affinity for languages is a useful skill. I know of only one other who has taken time to learn other languages, an ironborn oddly enough. Yoren longshore. He stated he also spent and time in essos. "
Septon Arlyn smiles, color returning to his cheeks slightly.

"
The tea from there is certainly Fighter stuff that I can grow in my own garden, but also a tad more expensive. Hence why I usually add in other herbs to make the tea last longer."
Septon Arlyn uncorks a glass vile and takes a pinch of tea leaves from the vial. Placing it into a mesh strainer he drops it into the hot water in the cup of tea, handing the cup and tea strainer to Samuel. "
Careful, it is still hot,"
warns the Septon. As he passes off the cup.

"
So tell me if Essos. I hear that it is better to hear the tale of a place from two people, and find the truth of what they say it's the same, and question further what is different."
Septon Arlyn smiles and relaxes back in his chair, blowing slightly in the tea to cool the top, then slurping the cooled tea during the pauses of Samuels tales, pausing only to nod his head in acknowledgement of what the young Lord was saying.
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Samurel Manderly Sun Feb 21, 2016 7:29 pm

A curt smile appears on Sam's face
"
No offense at all Septon, no offense at all, Relationships are important, and misreading one can be quite the social mistake in many situations."

Piercing eyes follow the pale expression and words of the Septon
[url=Awareness (Empathy)][/url]: 5d6k4 22

"
Its a pleasant place, the best craftsmen and traders in the North, the closest you'll get to a southern city really. rather damp... and the rains, how I do loath the rains..."

Turning back to an air of fancy
"
Ah well, I have yet to find the talent within myself to learn anything beyond the bare basics of foreign languages...
Yoren Longshore? I have heard tell about him once or twice, an Ironborn so far from the Isles? a bit queer, I always figured that they only went as far as Essos to Reave as I understand they are want to do. Tell me about him, it would seem you know him well?"

Taking the tea with a measured hand, ensuring that his hands cup it firmly but sparingly
"
Ah yes, well thank you very much, the teas there vary in quality to be honest, and I would jest that you would not want any tea from Lys were it not so true."

"
Well there is quite a lot of Essos I adore, the smells, the weather, the people even, depending on who exactly they are. The free cities in the markets and the homes of nobles always have this air of spice and fragrance you'd only find in the finest Brothels of Westeros or in the high courts, where such lavish expense could be afforded. I don't know if you know much of smells Septon, beyond the horse shit and muck that accompanies much of smallfolk living, but the smells were always to behold in these places, Flowery and sweet, Lavender with a pinch of citrus gracing the evening air... Truly a wonder then that the free cities are also so full of those too poor to afford them.

The weather? much less rain is always pleasant, atleast in Volentis and Pentos. the air is not so dry as the I've heard dorne to be. and a pleasant morning and evening temperature lends to the lifestyle in Essos, Mid-day is rarely when the greatest of activities is accomplished, instead saved for the morning or evening... some symbolism of the sun could be made but it's utilitarian in a way.

The people... they are another story...."

((OCC: I assume this conversation will take us along the way to maidenpool?))

Samurel Manderly

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Sun Feb 21, 2016 9:30 pm

(ooc yes it will take us to Madienpool, just waiting for reader on the challenge mechanics)

"
Yes I hear that the north does rain a lot, especially around the Hornwoods and White Harbor. I remember it did rain quite a bit, thankfully it only helped what we were attempting to accomplish, instead of hinder it. Septon Arlyn laughs at the jest about tea from Lys, "
Aye I have heard that you should never look a gift horse in the mouth, however if it comes from Lys you should have the man gifting it ride it first, if its a women, have her ride it twice."

"
Anyways, let us travel, there are some matters that I would wish to discuss with you, without so many ears around."
Septon Arlyn sips down the last of his tea, having enjoyed the rest of it while Samuel finished describing Essos. Septon Arlyn lifts himself up from the chair and gathers up the tea set, rinsing out the cups with some water the Septon had stored in a bucket nearby. He packs it all away neatly, wraping each tea cup and the kettle in soft cloth before replacing them into a boxed tea set. After this was done and the Septon set the box back inside of his small tent, The Septon gestures to the Squire, letting him know that he was done. The squire did not move but merely nodded in acknowledgement of the Septons moves.

Septon Arlyn clambers into the wagons seat, the springs giving slightly under his weight. "
Get in the bed Mikael, I had a net fashioned as a hammock so that we can take turns resting when we are not driving. It will be a long journey, and we will be traveling quickly. Hence the additional teams we needed."
As Mikael enters the back of the wagon Septon turns once more to Samuel, "
Come join me up here, perhaps your eyes will see if we have any danger so that we can avoid it before it happens. I do not think that we can afford any more delays."
Septon Arlyn grabs a canteen that had been dangling from the side of the seat, taking a big swig the Septon lets out a refreshing sigh."

*Assuming Samuel climbs on...

A few hours pass, they had successfully made their way into what most would declare as green wasteland. They had been following a game trail for a while, traveling at a steady pace. "
I've come this way before, it is a short cut to take us to the kingsroad, which we will then follow down to harroway"
explains Septon Arlyn, attempting to set at ease any concerns that Samuel might have. Every once in a while some breaking of branches show that other wagons had made this path as well, but not with near the frequency of the more circulars route that most wagoneers took. "
The calvary took off towards the sea, according the Ser Garred. Unfortunately I have been on the path they are taking, it leads through a peat bog, which is dangerous for horses, but damn impossible to make it through with a wagon. That is why we are taking the moderately longer route. I was shown this route by... let us say god fearing men, who had trouble understanding the laws of men..."
' Septon Arlyn chuckles slightly. "
Good folk, but living on the edge of the law, having to provide transport for some things that some Lords may find... distasteful. But they are good at what they do, and deliver fast. Plus it has the bonus of letting us avoid most populated places where we might be slowed down by stragglers and other caravans or wagon trains."

Septon Arlyn turns to Samuel. "
Now let us discuss our roles here. It is possible that when we reach Harroway the cavalry may have left behind informats, seeking to see if they are being pursued. However, if we pose as simple merchants, needing to deliver goods that need to be an important client in Madienpool. I doubt that would draw much attention. For a fat teamster, a savvy merchant, and his guardsmen are not very likely to draw much attention to themselves."
Septon Arlyn glances over his shoulder at Samuel. "
What say you to that plan? I feel it makes the most sense since I have had the most experience handling wagons, Mikael,"
The Septon glances back at the softly snoring guard, swaying back and forth in the improvised hammock"
Well that is obvious choice. However,"
Septon Arlyn takes a longer look at Samuel, "
Are you able to convey yourself as a merchant?"
asks Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Wed Mar 02, 2016 4:22 am

Samuel and the Septon made amazing time. It was as if the Smith himself had taken the Septon's hand and guided his servant. They traveled through game trails and path's that seemed as though the Septon should not be able to fit their wagon down. Indeed a few places the stones and brush grew so thick that Samuel and Mikeal had to get out and walk the horses behind the Septon's cart. And yet with every bend the Septon drew closer to his destination.

Eventually the track widened, the Septon begin to see other wagon tracks, cutting through the soft green earth like muddy calligraphy. Finally they broke through the green hell and found themselves on the kings road.

"
We made it,"
Septon Arlyn let out a sigh of relief. Feeling the tension he did not know he had drop off from his shoulders. Well Lord Sam. We are nearing the inn at harroway. Septon Arlyn points of to a dark object in the distance, its appearance as if it were deformed teeth of a bear, eagerly grabbing the sun in its teeth. "
The question is, should we try and sneak past harroway, or should we maintain our ruse and put it to good use."
Asks Septon Arlyn. "
Although calling us by our real names might not be the best option. I will go by Miguel."
Septon Arlyn nods at the name. Sounds enough to me. How about yourself, what should I call you guys? "
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down