Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[D6 BP]The Adventures of Florian the Fox[/Closed]

2 posters

Go down

[D6 BP]The Adventures of Florian the Fox[/Closed] Empty [D6 BP]The Adventures of Florian the Fox[/Closed]

Post by Theomore Tullison Fri May 29, 2015 8:07 pm

As much as "
Florian"
would like no better than to take advantage of the air of anonymity to prey upon these young birds, he had more pressing matters to attend, like finding out if one could serve as a guiding wife to his nephew. A meek pretty bird repeating the words thought to her was of little interest to him. He would need find a clever young lady, with the courage to use such gifts. And what better way to determine this than to play his favorite game? Moving from lady to lady, making the rounds of introduction. "
Oh, no need for formalities, my lady, I am merely Florian, by some known as the fox..."
, testing the waters, see who swallows the bait, see who dismisses it out of hand, see who recognize the bait for what it is, the latter would be those he needed to learn the names of. Most times, Theomore knows their names, they may hide their faces, but he does have a certain talent for noticing a girl, their voices, their hips, their waists, the shapes of nose, ears and chins. Who they arrived with. All these little details that he long ago learned that they appreciated the fact that he did pay attention to, and remembered them. Now they came to good use.

And while this most enjoyable hunt went on, he found himself mask to mask with the Lady Floreta Frey, now Florian and Floreta, that did sound like something special indeed, while his identity may be concealed, his voice, and his choice of words would give him away to her. She offered little resistance in being brought into the middle of the tent to dance, right where the noise is the greatest, and where one has to be quite close to listen to the words of one another, public and proper, yet oh so private. The perfect place for the lady to inquire about a certain matter, perhaps what Florian thought about a certain knight not wearing anyone's favor? Or if she is far more bold, why this knight remains unmarried.

[I'm splitting this off as I have no intention of looking in that other monstrosity for replies. There's two things in play here, first being the scouting of wife material for Dunstan, second one is him off to do his manipulations.]
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

[D6 BP]The Adventures of Florian the Fox[/Closed] Empty Re: [D6 BP]The Adventures of Florian the Fox[/Closed]

Post by Reader Fri May 29, 2015 11:00 pm

[placeholder]
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

[D6 BP]The Adventures of Florian the Fox[/Closed] Empty Re: [D6 BP]The Adventures of Florian the Fox[/Closed]

Post by Reader Thu Jun 11, 2015 10:00 pm

A delightful curtsey greeted Florian as they began their dance, the Lady of the crossing light on her feet.

"
A fox in the hen-house, is it Ser?"
she giggles.
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Thu Jun 11, 2015 10:09 pm

"
They are known to feast upon the fare offered within, my lady..."
Theomore appreciates that description with a wide and approving smile, a smile quite genuine, truth be told. "
I do hope my nephew has been a pleasant companion for the evening so far."
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Thu Jun 11, 2015 10:21 pm

"
He's like something from a song,"
Floreta beams. If Theomore was from a song, it was a darker ballad than any Dunstan would feature in.

"
Does he truly believe all he says? Ser Abel Redwyne voices similar thoughts, but seems to be playing a part rather than speaking from the heart."

He laughs again.

"
Ser Florian must forgive me - I am an accidental poet, and I fear I am a poor one."
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Thu Jun 11, 2015 10:57 pm

[I'm understanding that "
something from a song"
is a description of Dunstan? (Quite accurate as well)]

"
Lord Dunstan is quite the admirer of songs and tales, he would be quite pleased to hear that he gave my lady the impression of having a demeanor befitting one of it's heroes."
Theomore opts not to answer her question directly, remarking quietly in his mind that he could almost fit into the nasty uncle archetype, apart from the fact that he did not desire Mountain's Reach for himself, that belonged to Sterl's son and grandsons. "
He has grown into a man of honor and honesty."
despite Theomore's best intentions, but he does not let that stop him from acting the proud uncle.

"
My lady does manage to rhyme on the fly, most poets spends hours, if not days or weeks, perhaps more, composing their works."
He complements. "
I fear that I know Ser Abel only by such words that I have heard in passing, and of those there have not been many. Might well be that my lady is a better poet than she gives herself credit."
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Mon Jul 13, 2015 10:16 pm

"
To have our gallant pageant champion vouch for him speaks well of Lord Tullison - he seems something from a song - tall and strong, yet a man of integrity."

Another giggle. It might eventually begin to grate on a man, but Lady Floreta Frey seemed pleasant enough, unless her bubbly enthusiasm was a front for a calculating mind...

[TN Awareness (12)]
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Mon Jul 13, 2015 10:26 pm

Theomore had a patience when it came to the ladies, listen to what they had to say was the rule, of course, if Floreta was of a simple mind, then what he had to ask was less likely to be a point. But no matter, it was worth a try. "
I must say, my lady, he surprised even me the way he reached out to Lord Forrest, all things considered."
If she had her wits about her, she would no doubt be quite able to figure out what he was talking about.

[url=awareness vs Floreta][/url]: 3d6 12 yay!
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Tue Jul 14, 2015 7:18 am

Again, the smile and laugh - it is a party after all - but evidence of steel beneath it.

"
Valour has its place on the battlefield and in tourneys, but a young Lord must be able to make friends as well as fight. I trust then, then Lord Tullison ensures that bad blood between Tullisons and the Crossing will not rise to trouble Lord Frey? The strength and vigour of youth, but the wisdom of experience? Or the sense to listen to good advice?"

Good humour and a smile accompany Floreta's questions, but her sense of fun conceals some astute probing.

[OOC: See PM]
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Tue Jul 21, 2015 10:13 am

"
I believe so, my lady, he is young though, and inexperienced, and these are not lenient times to be so in."
Theomore follows up on her musings. "
Which is why I think it urgent to find him a wife that can help, and becoming fathers tends to change men for the better I find."

"
I don't suppose you would know of any who might be suitable for someone like my nephew?"
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Tue Jul 21, 2015 7:48 pm

"
Ser Theomore!"
That giggle again. "
Now we fight on my battlefield."

She ponders for a second before rattling off a list of suitable candidates.

"
Myrassa Lucas and Katriona Fossoway are both of suitable birth and age and in attendance. Lord Dunstan's castle lies near the vale, does it not? Lady Corrine Marsten would be well acquainted with the prospects there - to my mind, Rowena Hardyng is the catch among them, but I have only met most of the appropriately aged girls from the Vale once or twice. There was an older lady from the struggling Corbrays and a religious young women from the Royces - I'm sure Corrine would remember the particulars."
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Tue Jul 21, 2015 9:16 pm

"
If I recall, my lady, House Lucas are neighbors of House Frey, are they not?"
Theomore had the fortune of having spoken to the lady Maryssa already, though some other lady might have been neighbors. "
Perhaps you might be acquainted with the lady Maryssa?"

[Since matters has progressed quite far already with that other case, I think I'll re-spec the objective of this thread towards the Maryssa Lucas objective, if not to that other personal one, maybe both?]
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Tue Jul 21, 2015 9:27 pm

"
I know her passing well, their lands are indeed close to my family's. She's a little older than me, but as yet unwed. She must be near her twenty first name-day - she was betrothed to some Riverlander lord. I belive their wedding would have had a green tinge to it, in the name of cementing an alliance, but it came to naught after had passed from an infected wound with no younger brother to take his place. Most sad."

She dabs at her face with a handkerchief.

"
So you know it is through no fault of Maryssa that she remains unwed. She's said to be uncommonly well educated, I've heard her recite poetry in high Valyrian!"
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Tue Jul 21, 2015 10:02 pm

"
Green, Black."
Theomore gives a shrug. "
when we leave this world to the care of our children, such styles will no longer be in fashion, my lady."
the slight change in his tone at the word ours could suggest a certain meaning, at least to one disposed to wanting to hear it. Theomore counted on Floreta to want to hear it in that manner.
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Fri Jul 31, 2015 7:21 am

That giggle again, but Floreta steps a little closer to Theomore.

"
At least you have left a mark on this world already with your valour in the tourney Ser Theomore,"
she flatters.
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Sun Aug 02, 2015 9:48 pm

"
Oh, it will be remembered by some for a time, longer by others, my lady."
Theomore knows that few enough remembers quarter finals with no injuries, no unhorsings and no excitement....but he had never reached further than the final eight, and even then not in such company. "
Mayhaps I should retire from jousting? I have little hope of topping this performance I fear."
too harsh, my friend...Ser Kevan is better with the lance, but your horsemanship makes up for it, and if he might go to the final, so can you...

"
There are better ways to leave one's mark on the world than to ride at other knights with long wooden sticks, you know.."
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Tue Aug 04, 2015 7:01 pm

"
Family, to carry on your legacy surely Ser?"

"
My own family is large - a woman finds it hard to leave a mark with so many brothers and sister's squabbling for attention. A visit from a distinguished knight would be of the greatest assistance, so promise me you'll postpone your retirement until after my Lord father's next tourney? I believe he intends to hold one soon, although given Lord Tully's investigation in to dear Benjen I fear the drapery will have a blacker hue than Lord Tully's tawdry affair."

Floreta offers Ser Theomore a handerkerchief in Frey blue on silver, and curtsies politely as she makes ready to mingle with other, less entertaining guests.

[OOC: Wrapping up mode, as tournament is drawing to a close! Off-season lead for Theomore if he's interested]
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Tue Aug 04, 2015 9:33 pm

"
One ought not argue with a lady!"
Theomore exclaims. "
Who knows...perhaps I might visit even sooner, my lady, Lord Dunstan might see fit to send an envoy to the twins to negotiate some sort of agreement, should Lord Forrest happen to tender an invitation..."
That meaning should be clear enough, and she seemed eager enough to make a suggestion to Lord Frey about what sort of agreements he might discuss with an envoy from Mountain's Reach.
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Tue Aug 04, 2015 10:30 pm

A giggle of delight, as much at Ser Theomore's suggestion as her own alliteration.

"
I shall ensure Lord Frey will discuss lighter matters such as music and marriage alongside mundane mercantile ties."

[/scene after any parting words.]
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down