Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[D8 Nightime]Of Dice and Men[Open]

4 posters

Go down

[D8 Nightime]Of Dice and Men[Open] Empty [D8 Nightime]Of Dice and Men[Open]

Post by Theomore Tullison Thu Feb 11, 2016 9:10 pm

Well, this was the sort of past-time Theomore should do more of, a little game of dice, silver to change hands, not enough silver to get worked up over, of course..and the best of all, it was all about honing such skill of court that no septa could do well. Conceal your own thoughts, guess those of your opponent. Besides, this was so much more fun than to train the standard lines of courtesy that the septa would demand of you until they would flow like velvet out of your smooth lying mouth. And with it's rewards, too, Theomore did sort of feel as if he was the one ordering all the drinks to this table, probably true. Probably the only reason why people kept playing this game with him. Bribes of wine and a charming personality did much to keep people wanting to learn how to beat him.

[Rules are basically Liar's dice with individual hand, where most of the point is to guess whether or not the player before you is bluffing or not. If people want mechanics, I guess a roll each of Empathy/Bluff/Logic should cover the skillset used, I'm assuming that the stakes isn't high enough for Theo to not immediately spend away his profits on drinks for the girls and fellow players. I'm also assuming that no PC in their right mind is going to play a game called "
liar's dice"
with Theo if the stakes are high enough that our character sheets might need adjustment.]
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

[D8 Nightime]Of Dice and Men[Open] Empty Re: [D8 Nightime]Of Dice and Men[Open]

Post by Luecian LongBow Sun Feb 14, 2016 1:11 am

Luecian was surprised to notice Ser Theomore in the center of a popular table playing a game he had not played before. He took a few minutes to observe the play and interaction, watching Ser Theo seem to win a few rounds but keep everyone's spirits constant by ordering another round of drinks for the table. Win or lose he do be seeming to make sure everyone be having a good time. Course helps to be so generous when you be winning way more rounds than losing eh. Figure I seen what I can, time to learn a new game and see if meself can give the man a challenge and if not well I got meself a new game to be spreading back home.

Fixing the knight with a smile, Luecian called out to the man as he slipped into a recently vacated seat. "
Well Met Ser Theo, be minding if meself be joining the fun good ser? This not be a game meself has played before but keen to pick it up from what do be seeming to be a master. Truth be told meself be finding it hard to turn down either dice or drink on most nights."
Luecian LongBow
Luecian LongBow

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Wed Feb 17, 2016 5:33 am

(If you guys don't care I would like to join with an NPC, the Septon would not play but Randolf would :;
): )
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Wed Feb 17, 2016 12:30 pm

[Sure, more fun all around]

"
Why, master Luecian, by all means."
Theomore gestures towards an empty chair. "
The game is rather simple, it involves dices you see...the not so simple part is the guessing."
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Wed Feb 17, 2016 12:49 pm

A red toothed squat gentlemen with bow legs approaches the table, his smile was blood red and he has a wad of sourleaf in his gum. He spits out the wad into his mug and hands it off to a serving girl. approaching the fair haired young knight the man smiles and takes a bow. "
M'lord, Tis good to see a familiar face,"
He glaces down at the dice on the table,"
play'n a familiar game,"
his smile widens as he pulls out a small sack of coins and places it on the counter, "
Perhaps I might play'n along wich ya?"
asks the man, his yellowed eyes staring out from beneath bushy eyebrows. "
Me names Randolf, and I lost some coin to at the riverrun tournament last year, bett'n on yourself. I was doing quite well until that old arouchs unseated ya. I had high hopes that you would have made me a rich man, for I thought for sure you could take that old man, but fate favored me not that day. It was little wonder the odds were 10:1 against yerself, after I saw that man ride though. Here Ya be in pennytree, play'n one o me favorite games. Perhaps I could win back some of that coin I lost off ya last year eh?"
asks the man, sliding lithely into position around the table and grabbing a half finished tankard of ale and finishing it off. "
Theres a good lad,"
he says to the man whose ale he had just drank, "
now if you do not mind scoot'n over I feel that meself has a date with destiny."
The man's grin widens, showing his red stained teeth in the process.

With that Randolf plops himself down between Lciean and Theomore and cracks his knuckles, smiling at the assembled crowd.
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Wed Feb 17, 2016 1:07 pm

"
My good man, I was not unseated, merely defeated."
Theomore raises an eyebrow at that statement, though he does not appear offended. "
As it happened, I too put coin on that joust, staking that I would stay in the saddle and break all three lances, I almost lost that bet. But that hardly accounts for anything when almost loosing is still winning."
He grins widely at that. "
But I suppose I knew what I could do against the Auroch and what I could not better than most. I believe the odds I secured for myself were five to one."
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Wed Feb 17, 2016 1:20 pm

"
Aye, my memory is not what it used to be, that's the gods own truth."
The man smiles and traps his head with a gnarled old finger. He smiles as the knight, "
well it be a pleasure making your aquatintance anyways Ser. So what's the buy in m'lord. I hope we aren't throwing dragons around. But I bet we could make it work with 6 stags eh?"

(Basically 6 chips is what I'm thinking we can start with. Very Happy basic rules following the [url=wiki][/url] right?)
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Wed Feb 17, 2016 2:12 pm

[Individual Hand, so one rolls two dices, values in order of highest to lowest: 66, 55, 44, 33, 22, 11, 65, 64, 63, 62, 61, 54, 53, 52, 51, 43, 42, 41, 32, 31, 21...you don't show your dice to the other players, you claim a value that must be higher than what the last player claimed, unless he claimed 66 in which case you need to claim 66. Next player either asks you to show your hand or accepts your claim and rolls, if he doesn't believe you and you lied, you loose the round, if he doesn't believe you and you told the truth, he looses the round.]

"
A stag to pay each fellow player when you loose the round"
Theomore pushes that number onto the table from his stack, explaining the rules to Luecian as they go.
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Wed Feb 17, 2016 2:32 pm

"
Sounds well enough good Ser,"
grins Randolf. He grabs a cup and plunks two dice in. Covering the top with his hand he rattles the dice around in the cup, making clinking sounds against the glass before solidly placing the cup on the table
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwyneth Drakeson Thu Feb 18, 2016 2:11 pm

There was a stir at the door as a pair of men at arms bearing the insignia of House Drakeson came in, trailing Gwyneth Drakeson behind them. She murmured something to them, and they took seats at a table of their own.

She, on the other hand, came over to Theo's table.

"
Gentles and noblemen,"
Gwyn said, putting a dainty hand on the back of an empty chair. "
Would you mind terribly if I joined you this evening? I would very much like to finish my time here with a bit of excitement rather than a dull fading to grey."
Gwyneth Drakeson
Gwyneth Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Thu Feb 18, 2016 2:43 pm

"
Only if my lady can live with humiliating these friends of mine."
Theomore jests. "
I would not wish to be responsible for any guilt she might feel after."
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwyneth Drakeson Thu Feb 18, 2016 2:50 pm

Gwyn chuckled at that and took the seat.

"
Guilt sounds interesting, I should try it sometime,"
she said mischievously. "
But not tonight, I think."
Gwyneth Drakeson
Gwyneth Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Thu Feb 18, 2016 4:01 pm

"
And some would have it that I am wicked"
Theomore comments as if that was a baseless accusation that had been thrown at him. Casually taking the cup and rattling the dice, slamming it down on the table and carefully looking at them without showing them to anyone else. He hesitates, then gives a very smug smile to Randolf. "
44"
. Did Theomore count on Randolf believing whatever he said on the first roll to put him in a pickle, or did he really roll so high on the first go? The mind games were, oh so delicious.
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Thu Feb 18, 2016 4:35 pm

Randolf looked at lady Gwyn, sizing her up, his eyes linger maybe a moment or two more then is respectable, indeed the look he gives is one of admiration of art before he says, "
ye must be the beauty of riverrun herself. One of me servant friends say you near brought her to tears with that song you sang, quite a feat as well considering how tough that old broad is."

Turning to Theomore he smiles, 4 4's eh, a solid start. Does he have two under that cup there or is he hoping that others have the rest. Randolf gives a look then says "
I accept that,"
He grabs the cup of dice and rattles it around, putting it down on the table he states"
I raise it 55's"
And sits back, looking rather smug.

Last edited by 167 on Sun Feb 21, 2016 7:39 pm; edited 2 times in total
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Thu Feb 18, 2016 4:53 pm

[Uhm, rules are here: viewtopic.php?p=77591#p77591

Basically, the way it goes is that Theomore claims to have rolled two fours, 44 is four and four, Randolf must either call him out on it being a bluff, or accept it. If he does accept it, he takes the cup and dice, rolls, and must get 55 or 66 (5 and 5 or 6 and 6), or lie about it to the next player if he doesn't. It's a variation of liar's dice that I/Theo likes better.]
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Thu Feb 18, 2016 5:33 pm

(oh... so each round we roll 6 dice, and then call what we rolled. Then the next player either has to call higher then you or call out that you are a liar. . ok, post edited.)
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwyneth Drakeson Thu Feb 18, 2016 5:35 pm

(er, no...each round we roll 2 dice, and either get higher than the last guy, or PRETEND to get higher. The next one in line either calls us out as a liar, or accepts our claim and rolls, trying to get higher than we did.)
Gwyneth Drakeson
Gwyneth Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Luecian LongBow Sun Feb 21, 2016 7:33 pm

Luecian inclines his head respectfully as Lady Drakeson joins the table. No doubtin she be even more lovely than the rumors would lead one to be believin, tho best to be keepin most me own thoughts to meself all things considered. He takes a few sips of his drink and follows the first few interactions of the game feeling both amused and interested.

(OOC- Wasn't sure who goes next so rolled it out random like- [url=Roll to see who goes next Luecian(1) or Lady Gwyn(2)][/url]: 1d2 2 Gwyn is in the hot seat :;
): )
Luecian LongBow
Luecian LongBow

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Sun Feb 21, 2016 7:39 pm

Gwyneth Drakeson wrote:(er, no...each round we roll 2 dice, and either get higher than the last guy, or PRETEND to get higher. The next one in line either calls us out as a liar, or accepts our claim and rolls, trying to get higher than we did.)

[oh ok, updated the original post]
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwyneth Drakeson Fri Feb 26, 2016 6:08 am

(lol...amidst all the parentheticals here, I missed that we actually advanced, sorry! I dunno if we're doing empathy checks, but it seems kind of counter to the fun of it? I dunno! What do you guys think? For now, I shall refrain)

Gwyneth rolled her eyes at Randolf and gestured at the cup. "
Go on then, lets have a look,"
she said. "
You're a liar and a half."
Gwyneth Drakeson
Gwyneth Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Fri Feb 26, 2016 6:18 am

Randolf laughs as he reveals his dice, a measly 4 and 3. "
Aye, my Lady had me to rights. Hard to lie to a pretty women's face."
His smile is blood red and he passes the cup, coin, and dice to Lady Gwyn. "