Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Almanac

+6
Baelon Drakeson
Theomore Tullison
Nathaniel Mason
Aerion Storm
Lady Corrine Marsten
Reader
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Almanac Empty Almanac

Post by Reader Wed Oct 26, 2016 3:01 pm

Phase 1: Knowledge is Power
Event A – An Opportunity in Myr [all]
https://dragonsdance.rpg-board.net/t3111-phase-1-an-opportunity-in-myr-all
OR
Event B – Those Who Went Before [all]
https://dragonsdance.rpg-board.net/t3112-phase-1-those-who-went-before
- Mushroom bids you all good fortune [all] (mandatory)
https://dragonsdance.rpg-board.net/t3113-phase-1-mushroom-bids-you-farewll-mandatory
- Prayers for the campaign [all, KL to score points] G/B
https://dragonsdance.rpg-board.net/t3170-phase-1-prayers-for-the-campagin-all-kl-to-score-g-b
- [Personal combats/skirmishes on Stepstones - take place during Phase 2 and onwards, but rolled in this period to speed play]

Phase 2: Preparations
Event A – Making Friends and Influencing People [Dorne/Braavos or secret location] [KL] G/B (only one point available from this and "The Price of Greed")
OR
Event B – The Price of Greed [Coercion]* [locked, you'll know if you have access] [KL] G/B (only one point available from this and "Making Friends...")
- Stepstones PCs are taking place in personal combats [uses phase 2 slot, but combats begin from Phase 1 to spread out resolution]

Phase 3: At the vanguard
Event A – Seize the Port [Warfare, 2 fronts] [Stepstones] G/Bx2
Event B – Take the Pass [Warfare] [Stepstones] G/Bx2
- Supplying the campaign (KL) G/B
- Conquering your fears (all) [Mandatory]
- Something on the wind [Both]

Phase 4: Assault on the Strongpoints
Event A – Against the Castles [Warfare, 3 fronts] [Stepstones] - G/Bx3
Event B – Through the Tunnel [Infiltration/Combat]* [Stepstones]
Event C – Heal the Wounded [Healing] [KL/Stepstones]
- Gift giving [KL] G/B
- An ill wind gathers [Both]

Phase 5: Backlash
- Throw them back [Stepstones]
- Maneuvers in court [KL] G/B
- The storm breaks [Both] G/B

There are eight timeslots per Phase, used for official events and roleplay with other players/NPCs, writing letters home if you fancy doing a thread alone etc. If two events occur in the same timeslot you'll need to choose between them.

These occur sequentially, with with a vague, GRRM esque "gardener" style approach to exact days required etc. We'll take things like healing etc when we come to them.

1.0 - default for most non violent events
1.7 - usually mass battle/warfare [to allow us to start these as soon as a phase begins IRL, without worrying about any of you perishing/being maimed/captured and ruining the timeline]

Last edited by Reader on Wed Dec 07, 2016 10:01 pm; edited 4 times in total
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Almanac Empty Re: Almanac

Post by Reader Sun Nov 27, 2016 4:03 pm

Phase 1: you must choose between Event A and B.

Mushroom's event is mandatory.
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Sun Nov 27, 2016 4:32 pm

For this story, you need to commit yourself to a particular track, KL or the Stepstones. Events are marked with the appropriate identifier.
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Mon Nov 28, 2016 1:28 am

For Phase 1, I'm leaning towards event B.
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Aerion Storm Mon Nov 28, 2016 2:12 am

If we're planning to do the skirmishes in Phase 2 (which are being rolled for in Phase 1), do we also pick an A or B for Phase 1?

And, to clarify, doing Phase 1/A here (and getting smuggled into Myr for a daring mission)...due to the way time works here in the forum, you'd still be free to post elsewhere with that character, right? The Coldbrook tournament, maybe ongoing Wyl action, all that sort of thing, we just kind of "hand wave" that (like how Batman is in like six different comics every month), right? They're not all actually happening at the same time?
Aerion Storm
Aerion Storm

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Mon Nov 28, 2016 2:21 am

Aerion Storm wrote:If we're planning to do the skirmishes in Phase 2 (which are being rolled for in Phase 1), do we also pick an A or B for Phase 1?  

And, to clarify, doing Phase 1/A here (and getting smuggled into Myr for a daring mission)...due to the way time works here in the forum, you'd still be free to post elsewhere with that character, right?  The Coldbrook tournament, maybe ongoing Wyl action, all that sort of thing, we just kind of "hand wave" that (like how Batman is in like six different comics every month), right?  They're not all actually happening at the same time?

Exactly. Threads are (supposed to be) marked with what year and month they happen, so you can still post in stuff that's technically in the past/future, as long as you're not crossing over your own timeline and causing a paradox. Just be mindful when posting in 'future' set threads not to say/do stuff that significantly changes stuff you have already said/done in the past.

For each phase, you choose an A or B, and travel time is, generally, handwaved, within reason.
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathaniel Mason Mon Nov 28, 2016 2:21 am

You can't be in two places at once in game. But you are actively in many places along the timeline. So, if I am in King's Landing in 1/127, I cannot also be in Highgarden. You can post anything you like no matter where you are along the timeline, but try to avoid discrepancies. For example, you don't know about the Valyrion riots until after they happen.
Nathaniel Mason
Nathaniel Mason

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Mon Nov 28, 2016 2:29 am

And Nathan just explained way better than I did. Laughing
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Aerion Storm Mon Nov 28, 2016 2:42 am

More importantly, Nathan's post finally made it "click" with me that the 127 was the year. When I saw the 125, 126, etc, earlier, I thought maybe it was just the forum's numbering system for major events. Now I get that it's the date, in-game, and will adjust my sense of perspective accordingly.

Thanks! Smile
Aerion Storm
Aerion Storm

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Mon Nov 28, 2016 2:44 am

Yeah, we started in 124AL, and are now going into 127AL. We stick with a 12-month year, and we've been using the same month names as the Julian calendar.
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Mon Nov 28, 2016 12:56 pm

How does Phase so and so coincidence with in-game days, timeslots and such? Relevant for benefit use, more importantly fatigue/injuries/wounds, and putting threads in relation to each other in terms of timeline.

Also, DP refreshment rates?
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Baelon Drakeson Mon Nov 28, 2016 1:50 pm

Lady Corrine Marsten wrote:Yeah, we started in 124AL, and are now going into 127AL. We stick with a 12-month year, and we've been using the same month names as the Julian calendar.

Some of us sidestep using month names by using their numeric equivalent - "the first month of the year 127 after the landing" or some such. (paraphrased from Daveth's wedding invite).

Last edited by Baelon Drakeson on Mon Nov 28, 2016 4:46 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : missing key word)
Baelon Drakeson
Baelon Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Benedict Marsten Tue Nov 29, 2016 3:05 pm

So, we need to declare KL or Stepstone and A or B for phase one. This sets our path as far as KL vs Stepstone, but events A or B and other subsequent events are still choose, but based on our path and what's available. Correct?
Benedict Marsten
Benedict Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Baelon Drakeson Tue Nov 29, 2016 3:55 pm

That seems to be correct - I think the [all] tag indicates that all may participate, whether on the King's Landing track or the Stepstones track.

Baelon will be on the Stepstones track. It could be fun to play the diplomat, go to a fancy party in Braavos or something in Phase 2... but he's got a reputation to live up to, you know? How could he not invade the Stepstones, given the opportunity? It's his birthplace, so it's kind of like a personal crusade. At least it's warm there, right? More like hot and humid... damn our camps are going to smell something fierce. Not like King's Landing is paragon of perfumery, though...

I'm leaning toward event B because A seems more sneaky-sneak, but it could be fun to try the Myrish equivalent of trying to break into the Soviet Minister of Defense's Moscow home at the height of the cold war... what could go wrong?
Baelon Drakeson
Baelon Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Tue Nov 29, 2016 7:35 pm

Theomore Tullison wrote:How does Phase so and so coincidence with in-game days, timeslots and such? Relevant for benefit use, more importantly fatigue/injuries/wounds, and putting threads in relation to each other in terms of timeline.

Also, DP refreshment rates?

Each phase = 1 day. Destiny refreshes at the end of the story.

Will summarise days per phase too, hopefully over the weekend.
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Tue Nov 29, 2016 7:36 pm

Baelon Drakeson wrote:That seems to be correct - I think the [all] tag indicates that all may participate, whether on the King's Landing track or the Stepstones track.

Correct.
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevan Lyras Wed Nov 30, 2016 10:31 am

Kevan will choose Phase 1B (those who went before) and then go to the Stepstones

Kevan Lyras

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Wed Nov 30, 2016 11:11 am

Kevan Lyras wrote:Kevan will  choose Phase 1B (those who went before) and then go to the Stepstones

Thanks, active decisions like this in your absence are particularly helpful. If you manage to chuck dice, great. If not, Ben or I will roll.
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Sun Dec 04, 2016 11:24 am

Prayers event up. Adjusted it so everyone can take part before setting sail for the stepstones, you just need to stay in KL to have a shot at G/B,
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Baelon Drakeson Tue Dec 06, 2016 9:16 pm

Responding to this here to try and keep from cluttering up the even thread.

Darron Greyjoy wrote:See I think I would be more interested in this but the getting caught thing I find odd. Is it if I get caught I fail the event and im locked away or is it you now have to deal with guards.
I think we can be reasonably confident that getting caught would not be immediately fatal, shut you out of the game for an extended period of time, or even permanently hinder your character - that's not Reader's style.

Most likely the worst that would happen would be some sort of mid-to-long term impediment: wound(s), house resource penalties, or penalties on future events. Maybe it locks you into an "escape from prison" type event. There are lots of possibilities of things that would be bad, but not devastating to the character or limit participation in the game.
Baelon Drakeson
Baelon Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Tue Dec 06, 2016 9:55 pm

Baelon is correct - ransoms, injuries, house consequences, furthering the Triarchy's cause in some way by accident. Lots of ways to inflict consequences without ruining anybody's ability to participate.

Obviously if someone gets killed and has no destiny points that's terminal, but people have DP for a reason.
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Jorah Holt Tue Dec 06, 2016 10:06 pm

or can take a new flaw

Ser Jorah Holt

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Tue Dec 06, 2016 10:12 pm

Ser Jorah Holt wrote:or can take a new flaw

Quite so. This is a particularly fun way to save a character.
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Tue Dec 06, 2016 10:14 pm

A note on timing:

Given the move to more nebulous "Phases", we still need something on timing for each phase.

Consider each combat/warfare scene to take place at the end of the phase (meta reason: lets us start rolls as soon as the week begins without worrying about injuries/wounds affecting other scenes, or the outcome affecting the rest of the phases narrative if someone dies/is captured).

All over official events take place at the start of a phase.

I suggest numbering other threads, e.g. Phase 1.1 or similar. This is a bit of an experiment for this Story, let's see how it works.
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Wed Dec 07, 2016 7:34 am

On second thoughts, likely to tweak this to a numbered set of slots tonight, to get closer to the old "days and slots within a day" model, even if we're not using precise days and timeslots.
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next