Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

{Day 1, Late Evening} Supper (Open to Longshores and Tullis)

3 posters

Go down

{Day 1, Late Evening} Supper (Open to Longshores and Tullis) Empty {Day 1, Late Evening} Supper (Open to Longshores and Tullis)

Post by Dunstan Tullison Thu Apr 09, 2015 8:15 pm

Dunstan strolled around the pavilions surrounded by his usual entourage of pages and guards, in a much worse mood than earlier in the day due to the afternoon incident in the Godswood .

Keeping his head low and frowning he encounters a group of tents sporting the Longshore banner. In a need for new things to think about he approaches the crowd gathered around the fire and greets them with a polite "
Hello!"

"
Hope I am not intruding, just looking to meet fellow tourney participants. I am Dunstan, Lord Dunstan of House Tullison"
he says the full title since he is talking to strangers.

OOC: Any member of House Longshore or Tullison can join this thread.

Dunstan Tullison

Back to top Go down

{Day 1, Late Evening} Supper (Open to Longshores and Tullis) Empty Re: {Day 1, Late Evening} Supper (Open to Longshores and Tul

Post by Yoren longshore Thu Apr 09, 2015 8:32 pm

Sitting in a strange position with one foot crossing over to the thigh of the other (OOC Lotus position) in front of the fire sits a tall, but scrawny man in a red cloak. He seems completely consumed in the firepit untill Dunstan introduces himself, at which point he turns abruptly around reaching for something in his sleeve, before he relaxes.
"
Oh, sorry, i did not see you, Dunstan you say? My name is Yoren Longshore."
He extends a hand in greeting.
"
I'll be competing in the tourney, albeit i must shamefully admit that this is my first tilt."

He looks at the man "
You look quite experienced in that regard."
He delivers the offhand compliment in an abrupt manner before telling: "
Only me and my uncle joined these festivities,and as his way with animals is less than admirable i will be the one who'll joust for house Longshores honour."
Yoren smiles: "
How many lances does House Tullison bring to the tilt? "
He asks.

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

{Day 1, Late Evening} Supper (Open to Longshores and Tullis) Empty Re: {Day 1, Late Evening} Supper (Open to Longshores and Tul

Post by Dunstan Tullison Thu Apr 09, 2015 8:49 pm

"
Yes, I am Dunstan!"
he confirms cheerfully.

Turning to the plump gray bearded guard Dunstan says "
Sam, you wouldn't mind sharing that skin of wine you carry around with us?"

Sam chuckles as he produces a long leather wineskin from the inside of his cloak "
Not at all my Lord"
he says as he hands it to Yoren.

"
Experienced, me? Not at all my my friend, I only rode at rings back home but hope to show valor here."
Dunstan says as he sits down near the fire.

"
We will be three, my uncle Ser Theomore, Ser Benedict and myself."

"
Longshore ha? My maester often speaks of your... naval prowess."

Dunstan Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Benedict Marsten Thu Apr 09, 2015 8:56 pm

Ben stands closely behind Dunstan with the others of his entourage. He steps forward into the light of the fire. "
Good evening master Yoren. I am the Ser Benedict my Lord speaks of."
Ben bows politely.
Benedict Marsten
Benedict Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoren longshore Thu Apr 09, 2015 9:05 pm

"
I'm sure one sip won't hurt."
Yoren says before he expertly downs a good mouthful.

However he almost chokes on it when Dunstan tells him they'll have 3 competetors. "
That is quite impressive to say the least, consider me impressed."

"
I'm shure you'll find several people willing to testify to our naval capacity, but in times of peace the merits of a balanced economy really show."
He gestures towards Dunstan: "
Look at your house, able to offer 3 fully armed knights to ransom."

"
I believe both our houses can learn from the other"

He adds with a smile.

Yoren bows himself to this knight "
Please, just Yoren, I want people to respect me based on good experiences of my loyality and friendship, not based on which womb I was born in."
It is a pleasure to speak with you."

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Dunstan Tullison Thu Apr 09, 2015 9:16 pm

"
Please, just Yoren, I want people to respect me based on good experiences of my loyality and friendship, not based on which womb I was born in."
It is a pleasure to speak with you."

These words struck a recognizable chord in Dunstan.

"
I believe we could not agree more even if we tried! Our House always cared little for titles and words, allowing the actions to speak. That is how we were founded, I don't know if you are familiar with the tale of Joston Tullison?."
Dunstan says showcasing his agreement with Yoren and telling him the tale nevertheless.

"
Similarities between us are larger than I thought Yoren. House Tullison has truly been blessed with many things but is always looking to make new friends."

Dunstan Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoren longshore Thu Apr 09, 2015 9:27 pm

"
If you allow me to be frank, ser Dunstan: Friendship is like a delicate flower, or an armsman's skills if you will, you have to give it constant attention and feed it often for it to be perfectly honed."
Yoren smiles. "
This is achieved through bonds of mutual love and respect, bonds I, and I speak for my family too, wish to cultivate. These bonds are fragile in the start, when they mostly consist of small economic gains, but may strengthen substantially if the right bindings tie the houses together especially in the earlier phases, especially if persons ties together with the houses fortunes."
Yoren ends with an almost imperceptible, but yet meaningful cast off his eyes.

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Dunstan Tullison Thu Apr 09, 2015 10:03 pm

Dunstan stood with his mouth half open, nodding his head half illuminated with flames at Yoren's words.

"
You speak well."
Dunstan says visibly enchanted by Yoren, "
I would love to strike a mutually beneficial deal with you."
than, turning to Ben Dunstan says "
What do you think Ben?"

(Dunstan's disposition to Yoren goes to Amiable)

Dunstan Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Benedict Marsten Fri Apr 10, 2015 1:38 am

A bit taken aback Ben takes a second to respond. "
Perhaps we can negotiate that. It would depend on House Longshores needs. I was led to understand the Ironborn take what they need."
Ben tired to ease the message of his words with a smile and hands outstretched questioningly.
Benedict Marsten
Benedict Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoren longshore Fri Apr 10, 2015 8:13 am

Yoren smiles "
We took what we needed. "
He stresses the past tense. "
However times have changed, although many are conservative."
He takes another swig from the wineskin before continuing: "
That is why we need a foreign infusion, both economically and societally, to make a mutually beneficial agreement."
He reaches out to the soldier Dunstan called Sam. "
We have promising prospects, although we will need to make adaptations to our society to make this happen. This does not happen overnight, but i believe that we may further our integration-process into your marketsociety simply by proximity to your traders."

Upon seing the blank stare of one of the guards Yoren sighs and simplifies:
"
If you get foreign prospectors, merchants if you will, to realise the ironborn's prospects, how we may make money if you will. These will bring gold and possibilities for an alternate lifestyle to reaving. Meanwhile, in exchange we may lease out some soldiers to you, as caravanguards, if you will. provided that we stay in peacetime that is."

He gestures towards Dunstan "
How would this seem to you?"

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Dunstan Tullison Fri Apr 10, 2015 8:45 am

"
It would truly be in a Tullison spirit to be the first to commence such trade!"
Dunstan says cheerfully. Yoren broke every ironborn stereotype the young Lord clinged on to like a sailor to the sinking vessel. Persuaded that the old ironborn ways are truly changed, or at least changed for House Longshore, he thinks

Might be I am getting a knack of this diplomacy thing

"
Oh but we are truly blessed with a generous amount of troops as well Yoren. As you can surely see by the amount of guards following me everywhere"
he points his hand at Sam and Alyn.

"
What we need are friends and allies. How about this - we will send out builders and caravans and iron and stone your way and construct a statement to our friendship. What that would be is entirely up to you. The future building's walls and glass windows can depict great images of our friendship, painted by artists. Also we could keep in touch after this tourney, have our ravens fly between Mountain's Reach and Landhold often. If anyone is to try and tarnish that alliance based only on the fact that you used to be reavers - you will have our political support as well. For what was it you said earlier - I want people to respect me based on good experiences of my loyality and friendship, not based on which womb I was born in - that can be applied to Houses as well!"
Dunstan is now teaming with excitement, talking faster than usual and taping Yoren's shoulder often.

Dunstan Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoren longshore Fri Apr 10, 2015 11:22 am

Yoren claps the young mans shoulder: "
we will do our part in both financial and military support as well."
They say that the north remembers, but it speaks to my peoples memories when many Iron islanders still remember the reavings of Harren the black."
He nods "
Some long back to those times. However house Longshore, together with our new allies Tullison will alter this behavior. I will not say that it will be an easy or a quick process, but it will be all the more gloryfull when the iron islanders perception is altered."
He looks at this Ser Dunstan "
When you enter in an alliance with us you must understand that a lot of ironborn still long after the days of harren when we owned these lands, and want back those times. Together however we will reform the ironborn 'till they enter as a realm with just as much technological and civic advancements as the rest."

Yoren smiles. "
Now that we have an overview we have to look into the specifics of what should be dealt in and how. Also of course how we may strengthen our bonds even further."

Yoren smiles before he finds two glasses;
"
but first let's toast!"

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Dunstan Tullison Fri Apr 10, 2015 3:36 pm

"
To new beginnings!"
Dunstan makes a toast.

"
House Tullison will provide you with resources to start the trade. Trade that will most likely be profitable due to your experience at sea. In exchange we expect friendship. Friendship and leverage when discussing future trade agreements."

Dunstan feels proud talking about politics and agreements, although the ironborn fearsome reputation makes him a bit nervous as well. That particular insecurity makes him turn his hand to Ben often, to see if his friend approves of his words.

"
What do you have in mind? Building ships, gathering a particular kind of ore?"

Dunstan Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Benedict Marsten Fri Apr 10, 2015 4:07 pm

Ben bounces his head a bout as if contemplating whether to speak up or not. "
Pardon my interruption, but if I may make a suggestion that may help both ease our minds and those of the other Riverland Lords."
Ben waits to make sure he is not silenced for impertinence. "
Yoren if you were to make decree here at this Tourney to the Lords in attendance of the words you just told us, I believe you may be able to find more support or at least less disapproval. Many fear the Ironborn, but your words man assuage the wise among them."
Benedict Marsten
Benedict Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoren longshore Fri Apr 10, 2015 4:46 pm

"
To a new beginning"
Yoren smiles

"
I agree to your terms, but would like to add that it would also be wise for each party to know what troops they may expect to recieve in case of a foreign intrusion by a third party, as I know that, atleast my uncle would like to know what reinforcements he'll get."

Yoren shakes his head at what perospects should be invested in: "
These suggestions come from your experience in the riverlands, remember that ironborn does not have that same priviledge of made infrastructure. The first objective should be to construct a marketplace, so that we will have a way to distribute the goods we'll start to make later on. The problem is stimulating the marketplace so that it attracts traders instantly. If you would assist with half, we will be able to shoulder the other half, does that seem to be agreeable?"

Yoren nods
"
Now comes the part that I'm not comfortable talking about, even with newfound allies: it is the matter of several bachelors, which may give us another reason to make another feast soon enough, if you have any eligible bachelors on your own."

Yoren reddens slightly as he fumbles out these last sentences "
if this is not a problem to you Dunstan"
he says in a very flat voice, before he hurriedly drinks a cup of wine to hide his face going even more red, but failing due to his ears pointing out on both sides of the glass.

Then at Ben's words he seems relieced to head back to safer matters "
Whilst I am the heir to my fathers title, I am not yet a lord. I may talk to some lords about it, but until I've convinced my father we should not make a big public statement, as my father should be the one to declare such a big thing, but I will of course be able to herald changes, just not the exact content of these changes."

He smiles again "
another toast gentlemen?"

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Dunstan Tullison Fri Apr 10, 2015 5:08 pm

"
Ben speaks wisely. Before we proceed we must put this before the Tully family for they are our Liege Lords and we are the most loyal of their bannerman."
Dunstan says sounding sure of his words.

"
Good point on the marketplace. We will be happy to provide half the funds. As for the troops - we shall discuss that after we assure our liege Lords that you and your family will make trustworthy friends."

Dunstan is happy to talk about all the things mentioned tonight but the marriage mentioned, so he does not answer anything at all concerning that issue and raises his cup high:

"
To Sam!"
he yells and laughs loudly at the already half drunk round man who seems to be lost in the stupor of wine while silently gazing at the fire with his eyes half closed. At the mention of his name Sam stands up "
Yes my Lord!"
he says utterly confused.

"
Sit down, I am only jesting"
Dunstan says with a benevolent smile on his face.

Marriage is not the option for the young Lord and this time he chose to avoid the topic by making a joke.

Dunstan Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoren longshore Fri Apr 10, 2015 5:16 pm

Yoren is smiling at the joke on the man lying half drunk, relieved to let the matter of marriage slip.
He heaves himself to his legs, a little unsteady from intoxication: "
Let us not waste time, we have news for the Tullys, we should fix this before going to bed, so that poor Sam does not have to stay sleepless worrying about how thing will work out."

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Benedict Marsten Fri Apr 10, 2015 5:38 pm

Ben rises with the others, again hesitant to interrupt. "
Perhaps it may be to late in the evening to call on our hosts."
Benedict Marsten
Benedict Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoren longshore Fri Apr 10, 2015 6:03 pm

Yoren starts walking, but does not see a lance placed in the middle of the camp. He tripps over it and after a little embarrassed laugh he says, "
yes maybe we should wait, how about mid-morning tomorrow, I might need a little time to awake properly."

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Dunstan Tullison Fri Apr 10, 2015 6:11 pm

"
Agreed my friend. It is best to wait until the morrow for I can only imagine how busy they must be with this many Houses in attendance of this fine tourney."
Dunstan says as he offers Yoren a hand to stand up.

Dunstan Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoren longshore Fri Apr 10, 2015 6:21 pm

"
If you'll excuse me, I think my bed needs a companion."
Yoren bows and leaves.

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Dunstan Tullison Fri Apr 10, 2015 6:25 pm

"
Good night to you Yoren!"
Dunstan stands up and says.

"
Let's go to Riverton Ben, I hear it is timing with activities during the night."

The entire Tullison entourage leaves to the Drunken Huntsman Inn.

OOC: Unless you want to stick here a bit more Ben

"

Dunstan Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Benedict Marsten Fri Apr 10, 2015 6:37 pm

ooc: Off we go!
Benedict Marsten
Benedict Marsten

Back to top Go down

{Day 1, Late Evening} Supper (Open to Longshores and Tullis) Empty Re: {Day 1, Late Evening} Supper (Open to Longshores and Tullis)

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down