Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Day 2, Late Evening] A passing encounter (Closed)

2 posters

Go down

[Day 2, Late Evening] A passing encounter (Closed) Empty [Day 2, Late Evening] A passing encounter (Closed)

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Wed Apr 29, 2015 1:25 am

Corrine, followed by two of the guards her mother made her take almost everywhere, took an evening stroll past the pavilions, ostensibly taking the air, though she was also using it as an excuse to explore more. She noted each banner and their positions, seeing who was whose neighbour, making connections in her mind for later reference.

She spotted a man by the House Longshore pavilion, and cautiously approached with a congenial smile, her guards a pace behind her.

"
Greetings,"
she offered, a little awkwardly. She did not have much reason for her curiosity, so she hoped he would not take offence at her intrusion on his solitude.

Last edited by 151 on Wed Apr 29, 2015 4:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

[Day 2, Late Evening] A passing encounter (Closed) Empty Re: [Day 2, Late Evening] A passing encounter (Open)

Post by Leifnarr Longshore Wed Apr 29, 2015 3:27 pm

That man was definitively unlike any other the young Marsten has ever met in Hartshorn, tall as a mountain, and with a long braided beard falling to his mid chest.
All dressed in black and leather, with an old hand axe at his belt, in the same place where most gentlemen would have put just a decorative poniard, there was a savage feel in him.
This man was certainly not a knight, and one would hardly find one in an Ironborn pavillon!
However, he was not even like the barbarian Clansmen which the Marsten have fought throughout all their existence.

The man's eyes betray some kind of intelligence or of spirit which seem to contrast with the colossus of his body. His gaze seem to emanate authority and menace, far more than the heavy muscles of his thick arms.
The guards behind Lady Corinne seem to be concerned about this man and they come neaerer, as to defend her.
The Ironborn stares at the guards with contempt, as if their efforts to appear fearsome have no effects.
However, the ironborn' face assume a calmer appearance, as he notices that the one speaking is just a young girl.

"
Greetings to you, my lady. Your friends do not need to worry about me, if you are coming to speak with the Longshore."

And, assuming an ironic expression, staring at the guards, he adds:
"
We do not take salt wives during a tourney, she is safe!"

Leifnarr Longshore

Back to top Go down

[Day 2, Late Evening] A passing encounter (Closed) Empty Re: [Day 2, Late Evening] A passing encounter (Closed)

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Wed Apr 29, 2015 4:32 pm

Corrine glanced at her guards, seeing their wariness, noting that they were far more daunted by this Ironborn than she was. She looked back at the huge man;

"
Forgive my intrusion. I have never met an Ironborn before, though your House name is familiar. I confess I approached out of curiosity. I am Lady Corrine Marsten. May I have your name, man of House Longshore?"
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

[Day 2, Late Evening] A passing encounter (Closed) Empty Re: [Day 2, Late Evening] A passing encounter (Closed)

Post by Leifnarr Longshore Wed Apr 29, 2015 10:47 pm

The big man smiles, speaking with a friendly mood which seems to contrast with his wild appearance:

"
Your name is famous, my lady, as I heard it spelled by more than a few people, even if you are really so young.

My name is Leifnarr and, unlike you, I'm not a Heir, neither I'll ever be a House Head, like you will be.
Nevertheless, destiny has decided for me to lead this Ironborn delegation in the name of my brother, Lord Ferris, although I'm more used to navigate the seas and to visit foreign shores."

Leifnarr Longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Thu Apr 30, 2015 3:04 am

"
I see. Well met then, Liefnarr Longshore,"
Corrine smiled, with a respectful nod of her head. "
Do you guard His Lordship?"
she asked. "
Or are you a more general part of his delegation?"
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Leifnarr Longshore Thu Apr 30, 2015 6:54 am

Leifnarr's explode in a bolsterous laugh:
"
I'm not guarding anything, or, to be more exact, I guard over my brother's interests, protecting them!

My Lord is too ill and cannot attend the tourney, if you came here to meet him, I'm sorry to tell you that there is only me and my nephews.
I'm the provisional head of the delegation here.

And what about you? From the looks of those two, you do not lack those who guard you!
I wonder if they protect your interests, as I protect my lord's ones."

Leifnarr Longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Thu Apr 30, 2015 9:08 pm

"
I am sorry to hear your Lord is ill. I wish him a speedy recovery,"
Corrine replied sincerely. "
I was not seeking him out specifically, rather using the tourney as a means to establish friendly connections. As for my guards, well, they protect my person, though more my mother's interests than my own. She does not approve of me wandering off on my own, talking to strangers..."

She flashed a brief but distinctly mischievous grin.
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down