Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Day 5] Late Evening - Seed of Distrust (Closed)

2 posters

Go down

[Day 5] Late Evening - Seed of Distrust (Closed) Empty [Day 5] Late Evening - Seed of Distrust (Closed)

Post by Athelstan Mon May 25, 2015 5:48 am

After all guest had left and exchanging some bouts with the fat septon over a good party to celebrate the fall of the Mallister to the Longshore lances, things are more calm now with some groups of men in one part of the fire, Athelstan goes for the seasoned warriors first bringing some salted pork to share in the fire "
Make some space you old sea dogs"
some laughter at the joke and getting in the spot, as the men stare at him "
Out with it Athelstan we know you want to speak"
shoulders slump "
There is no hiding it from you seasoned bastards, very well then I'm afraid Yoren has now abandoned our ways and the Drowned God for this R'hollor god of the Free Cities, he is not the Yoren we knew ten years ago but changed, I don't think he is fit to lead the men or sit in Landhold as the leader anymore "
Careful with your words kinslayer, we will kill you before you take him too"
Athelstan looks at the man square in the eyes "
I would have done so if I wanted it long before Baldvin and neither of you old sea dogs could have stopped me in time, but it's not his life that I want, it's his ways that he must change and come back to be an ironborn, the man I see is no longer an ironborn, he rejects the Drowned God and the Old Way completely, he had more akin with the greenlander septon than anything I said, veterans just looked at him "
You saw the younger men, they are easily swayed for good or bad, but they are easy to manipulate, so I come to you that you can see the error of his ways, help me change him, or Leifnarr and I won't allow him to sit the chair, that is if Leifnarr doesn't take it for himself that man already left early and left us without a representative, Yoren is already claiming to lords and ladies he is the heir, and that we accept it and his damned weak god we prey upon when we reave, so I will need you to keep the men in line and don't let them falter in their faith to the Drowned God and the Old Way, because we are ironborn, and so as everyone in this fire"
looking into their eyes letting his ideas sink in slowly but surely "
What I did weights heavy in my shoulders, but I don't regret it he draw my blood and it is forbidden by ironborn law, which gave me the right to strike back at him. Yet I see him still when I sleep he waits for me in the halls in the deep of the sea for me to join him one day, fight and drink like we always had, his death weight heavy on my shoulders as I loved him the most, but I will not falter to strike down a man that strikes at me with ill intent"
letting the tentative menace float in the air knowing the old sea dogs know what he meant "
I he would have maimed me or killed me it wouldn't have been such a big deal, but Yoren acted the part and reaped the benefits of it, like greenlanders do, help me set him straight back in the path of the ironborn, or help me stop him from taking the seat of Landhold and leads us to our ruin, as you all know he is to weak and all he has is words. Which we all know they won't stop an axe when the time comes, and war is coming"

Athelstan continues to share some wine and meat with the seasoned warriors and hearing their opinions to see what they have to say.

[ooc]Propaganda[/ooc]
[url=Persuasion][/url]: 3d6k3 13

Athelstan

Back to top Go down

[Day 5] Late Evening - Seed of Distrust (Closed) Empty Re: [Day 5] Late Evening - Seed of Distrust (Closed)

Post by Reader Mon May 25, 2015 11:04 pm

[OOC: as before, please mark the DoS on your character sheet's propaganda section, although we're not really supposed to be making threads for previous days once new days have begun. Wag of the finger!]
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down