Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[PPP, Combat] Tag Team, Back Again

3 posters

Go down

[PPP, Combat] Tag Team, Back Again Empty [PPP, Combat] Tag Team, Back Again

Post by Jon Templeton Tue Mar 21, 2017 4:31 am

This thread is for Jon Templeton & Triston Tollett.

Ser Jon stood on the deck of the warship Water Snake as they closed with the enemy. Their squadron had caught a Triarchy fleet unaware as it came out of an island cove and the order to engage was given. By his side was his long time friend Triston, "Ya know, I'm having second thoughts about this armor." Jon was referring to his plate mail. "If I go over I'll sink like a stone and end up just like my father and brother." Jon rolled his shoulders and neck in an attempt to loosen them up as the galley picked up speed in preparation to ram a Triarchy ship.

Jon put his helmet on and braced himself, "Lets start this war off right." The Water Snake hit the enemy ship but it was a glancing blow. Volleys of arrows were traded as grappling ropes were thrown and the ships slowly came together. A boarding plank was dropped and Ser Jon ran across with his men. Amid the fighting Jon saw two enemies stand out among the pirates. One a Myrish woman with a frog spear, the other a man who seemed to fight with a stiletto and fist. "Triston! Over there! Lets see what they're made of!" Ser Jon moved to engage.

Stats:

Initiative: Initiative [PPP]: 3d6r1k3-4 7
Jon Templeton
Jon Templeton

Back to top Go down

[PPP, Combat] Tag Team, Back Again Empty Re: [PPP, Combat] Tag Team, Back Again

Post by Triston Tollett Fri Mar 31, 2017 8:48 pm

"You mean dead?"

Triston shrugged, it wasn't appealing, of course, but this was war. He knew that much at least. Triston was also fairly comfortable aboard a ship, having fought alongside his uncle on his ship a few years prior. Triston took a wide stance and grabbed his ball and chain, the ball dangling a few inches above the ground for the time being. He set his shield and grunted about his own heavy armor.

He turned and followed Ser Jon, slowly and carefully, making sure not to tumble overboard. There would be no fight if he sank to the bottom of the sea.

Initiative (PPP): 3d6k3-5 4

Stats::

Triston Tollett
Triston Tollett

Back to top Go down

Post by Valar Dohaeris Sun Apr 02, 2017 6:19 pm

Serala Initiiative: 5d6-1 14

Serala stats:

Baqq the Black Initiative: 5d6k4-1 11

Baqq stats:
Valar Dohaeris
Valar Dohaeris

Back to top Go down

Post by Valar Dohaeris Sun Apr 02, 2017 6:54 pm

Round 1
Serala
"Aqil, kill!" The Myrish woman points at one of the Water Snake's crew members. A hawk swoops from somewhere in the pirate ship's rigging, raking it's talons across the unfortunate man's face before flying off, an eye dripping blood and aqueous fluid landing on the deck with a quiet but disturbing "plop". As the man screams and drops his sword to cover his bloody face, the hawk swoops again, taking a strip of flesh from the man's scalp.

She turns as Jon approaches.
"Aqil will eat well. You are lucky not to face us both."

She steps forward, closing the distance with her shield raised. Her spear lashes out toward's Jon's face, as swift and as threatening as the Hawk's talons. The blades deflect off of his plate, but find enough of a gap to leave a stinging scratch on the side of his neck.

Lesser Action: Move
Lesser Action: Attack: 6d6k4+1 18 vs TN 11, 2 DoS; 12-10AR = 2 damage.

Baqq

The small man gives a wicked grin to Triston.

"You've got a minute. If you're still alive, I'll let you go free."
He pulls a long slender dagger from his boot and runs the flat along his tongue.
"See? No poison. I fight fair."

He launches himself across the deck at Triston, lashing out... with his gauntlet-covered fist, not his dagger.

Greater Action: Charge (Gauntlet): 6d6k4+1 17 vs CD 7, 3 DoS, 9-9AR = 0 Damage. Attack does NOT equal or beat Triston's Passive Athletics(Strength), so Triston is NOT grabbed.

[OOC: Assuming you are going to focus on your respective opponents, you may post in either order for now, to speed things up.]
Valar Dohaeris
Valar Dohaeris

Back to top Go down

Post by Jon Templeton Tue Apr 04, 2017 7:35 pm

Ser Jon approached his opponent in a readied stance. It felt... weird to be fighting a woman but Jon didn't give it much thought. Before the assembled army had left King's Landing for the Stepstones Jon had offered his services to Lord Frey if an honor duel was required against the Shieldmaiden. Fighting women, better not make a habit of that. When it came to a potential duel with Loreia it wasn't personal. Jon was trying to gain favor with a powerful Riverland lord. However the fight with the Myrish woman was personal. His father and brother died here ten and five years ago and Jon found revenge was a dish best served cold... and repeatedly.

Serala was faster than Jon and struck him with her spear but it wasn't a hard strike. Make her mad. Mistakes are made when done in anger. "What a weak strike! Am I fighting a warrior or a dandy fop?" Jon moved left and right in preparation to strike, "And shouldn't you be home, the dutiful wife with child?" Jon smiled under his helm and struck out with his battlaxe.

Roll:
Jon Templeton
Jon Templeton

Back to top Go down

Post by Triston Tollett Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:37 pm

Triston pushes Baqq off with his shield before the man could grab hold of him. He was certain that the man was lying. It wasn't a particular pleasant feeling that the man would poison him. It was either die now or die later; Triston choose neither. He had to defend himself and drive the foe into the deck of the ship, that was the only way he knew he could survive. He watches Jon nearby, putting his back to his friend in order to help himself from being taken in the rear. Triston had never been knighted, but he had been trained by the master-at-arms in Grey Glen, a man of a dozen battles. This was real. It had been a long time since he felt this way.

He immediately started spinning the ball and chain, hoping he could crush the man's pelvis and drop him before he could cause him any more harm. He lashed out with a grunt, swinging quickly mid-spin in order to confuse and surprise the defender.

Roll:

Triston Tollett
Triston Tollett

Back to top Go down

Post by Valar Dohaeris Tue Apr 04, 2017 9:47 pm

Round 2

Serala
The woman stoically does not react to the axe-blow, despite the fact that it would have ended the fight against a lesser warrior.
"If there were a man in the world worth wedding, I would - but there are none. I suppose you think you're deserving of a woman's touch? Hah. If you wed, it will not be by her choice."
Her spear whips out again, seeming to wend it's way between and around their shields in ways that should not be possible.

Lesser Action: Aim
Lesser Action: Attack w/Aim: 7d6k4+1 24 vs CD 11, 3 DoS; 18-10AR = 8 damage

Serala: 2/12 health
Jon: 2/12 health

Baqq
Baqq hisses in pain as Triston's steel ball crushes his breastplate inward. from his wince it it is likely that the impact cracked a rib or two. The pirate is not out of the fight yet, though. Knowing that another such blow would spell defeat, he quickly moves in for another punch.

Lesser Action: Attack w/Aim, 2 injuries: 7d6k5+1-2 13 vs CD 7, 2 DoS for no damage. (ok, the charge was a tactical blunder, but this is just plain unlucky rolling)

Baqq takes 2 injuries to reduce damage to 11
Baqq: 1/12 health, 2 injuries, 3AR
Triston:12/12 health
Valar Dohaeris
Valar Dohaeris

Back to top Go down

Post by Triston Tollett Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:13 pm

Triston jerks his head to the side, avoiding the blow.  "Are you trying to dance?" he quips underneath his helmet, his words muffled slightly beneath it.  The Valeman knew he had the upper hand now and decided to try to end it.  "You should yield," he states, his ball and chain spinning again.  

Now, he lets the ball come up high above his head, slamming downward toward the shoulder of Baqq before him.  It was a dangerous, evil blow of intent.  He did not expect it would leave Baqq standing, but if so, he was open to a counterattack.  

His uncle once told him, "Leave not a man standing so that he might injured you later, when the chance to end the fight is now."  And so he takes the words to heart.

Rolls:

Last edited by Triston Tollett on Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Triston Tollett
Triston Tollett

Back to top Go down

Post by Jon Templeton Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:23 pm

The sting of Serala's spear was stronger the second time around. Jon acted as if it didn't bother him, "Ha! You need a man to show you your place. I think I'll knock you out and hand you over to the crew. They'll need a good time after the battle." Jon laughed as he mocked the Myrish woman.

Like Triston, Jon looked to end the fight with one more swing. With great force he swung for Serala's collarbone but mistimed the strike, leaving him exposed.

Roll:
Jon Templeton
Jon Templeton

Back to top Go down

Post by Valar Dohaeris Wed Apr 05, 2017 1:02 am

Round 3

Serala sidesteps Jon's blow, but it still manages to catch her in the thigh, drawing blood.
"I've never heard that one before." She rolls her eyes. "You men all think alike. It's pathetic. Does that make you feel strong? Please."
Seeing the her opponent give in to rage too soon, Serala can't help but smile and press her advantage. Dropping her shield, she swings her spear in a vicious arc at Jon's face, drawing blood. As he reels from the sudden forceful blow, she picks her shield up again.
"That's a little something to remember me by. You'd better run away or call for help, pathetic little boy. You can't beat me."

Serala takes an injury to reduce the damage to 1.
Free Action: Drop Shield
Lesser Action: Attack w/Aim, 1 injury: 7d6k4+1-1 17 vs CD 10, 2 DoS 14-10 AR = 4 Damage. Jon is forced to take two injuries to prevent defeat.
Fatigue for extra lesser action.
Lesser Action: Pick up shield.

Serala: 1/12 health, 1 injury, 1 fatigue
Jon: 2/12 health, 2 injuries, 1 fatigue

Baqq

The business end of Tristan's ball-and-chain cracks Baqq upside the head. His eyes glaze over as her drops his stiletto and slumps to the deck.

[Baqq the black is defeated; choose his fate. Tristan earns 1 glory and House Templeton of Market Town earns 1 Wealth in ransom.]
Valar Dohaeris
Valar Dohaeris

Back to top Go down

Post by Triston Tollett Wed Apr 05, 2017 1:53 am

Fate of Baqq:

Also:
Triston Tollett
Triston Tollett

Back to top Go down

Post by Jon Templeton Wed Apr 05, 2017 4:33 am

[ooc]I only need to take one injury. With an Endurance (4) I negate all the damage with an injury (unless there is something I'm missing).[/ooc]

Serala's attack found purchase and Ser Jon felt blood begin to trickle down his cheek as he stumbled back a step. "My face!" Jon grit his teeth, "You cunt, you'll pay for that." Despite Jon's attempt to anger his opponent while staying calm himself it seemed the opposite had happened. Behind him Jon heard the wet thud that was synonymous with Triston's ball and chain delivering a killing blow. Jon sneered, "You're fucked now bitch. I wasn't serious before. Now though..." Jon prepared to swing at the already injured thigh, "You'll wish you were dead when I'm done with you."

Roll:

The battleaxe dug deep into her thigh and Jon followed the momentum of the swing and leaned in close, "Now who's pathetic?" Jon attempted to push her down with his shield while yanking the axe from Serala's leg.

Edit: Removed text when I thought she was defeated.

Last edited by Jon Templeton on Wed Apr 05, 2017 11:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jon Templeton
Jon Templeton

Back to top Go down

Post by Valar Dohaeris Wed Apr 05, 2017 11:41 pm

[OOC: Yep, you are correct, I don;t know why I thought it was two. Serala's not out of the fight just yet though, she takes 3 injuries to reduce the damage to 0. That's all the injuries she can take though, so even a single point of damage will defeat her.]

"Still you, of course." She spits in his face as she easily evades his shield despite the bloody gash in her leg.

[OOC: Triston, it's your action if you want to step in. If not it will be her action.]
Valar Dohaeris
Valar Dohaeris

Back to top Go down

Post by Jon Templeton Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:32 pm

[ooc]I spoke with Triston (irl) and he is going to intervene only if I specifically ask for it. Serala can proceed.[/ooc]

Serala: 1/12 health, 4 injuries, 1 fatigue
Jon: 2/12 health, 1 injuries, 1 fatigue

Will take a fatigue to ignore AP when attacked by Serala.

Jon Templeton
Jon Templeton

Back to top Go down

Post by Valar Dohaeris Sat Apr 08, 2017 4:02 pm

Round 4
Serala

Serala knew that the fight was over... but she also knew what was waiting for her if she were to to be defeated. She could hide a knife, aim to make a eunuch of her attacker, but that would likely end with her death anyway. Better to escape and take her chances in the sea. With luck she would live to fight again, and get a chance to stand over her enemy's eyeless (and other organ-less) corpse.

Feinting an attack, she instead pulls back, her shield forward; Jon's parting blow glancing harmlessly off her armor. She turns and dives over the ship's railing, into the sea. Aqil the hawk is not seen again by the crew of the Water Snake, so may have joined it's mistress - whether in the briny deep or washed up on shore somewhere.

OOC:
Valar Dohaeris
Valar Dohaeris

Back to top Go down

Post by Jon Templeton Sat Apr 08, 2017 6:51 pm

[ooc]Quick question; If fatigue was factored into the roll why wasn't Serala's injuries? Shouldn't it be 6k6k5+4-2-4?[/ooc]
Jon Templeton
Jon Templeton

Back to top Go down

Post by Valar Dohaeris Sat Apr 08, 2017 7:03 pm

[OOC She took a fatigue to ignore injuries for the round, which is why she was at 2 fatigue
Per p175, Fatigue can do any 1 of the following:
Ignore an armor penalty.
Ignore 1 wound.
Ignore all injuries
Gain one Lesser Action (but the "1 attack per round" limit still applies).
Valar Dohaeris
Valar Dohaeris

Back to top Go down

Post by Jon Templeton Sat Apr 08, 2017 7:16 pm

[Ooc]Derp. Thank you.[/ooc]
Jon Templeton
Jon Templeton

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content