Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Day 5 MA - Defeated in the joust - closedish

3 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Day 5 MA - Defeated in the joust - closedish Empty Day 5 MA - Defeated in the joust - closedish

Post by Ser Jorah Holt Thu May 21, 2015 8:47 pm

Feeling somewhat battered and bruised from the failure to progress in the tourney, Ser Jorah headed into the stands after directing the Coldbrook pages to take his horse back to the stables.

Seeing the old soldier, Jorah approached him cautiously;
not so much for the man's reputation, but because he had a favour to ask of him.

"
Excuse me, it is Jon Cobb isn't it? Loreia Merrigal and my Lord Coldbrook speak very highly of you."

ooc

Obviously as this is in the stands, anybody can join.

Ser Jorah Holt

Back to top Go down

Day 5 MA - Defeated in the joust - closedish Empty Re: Day 5 MA - Defeated in the joust - closedish

Post by Jon Cobb Thu May 21, 2015 10:44 pm

Jon was enjoying a cold ale in the stands when Ser Jorah approached him. He looked tired, but still followed the jousting with interest.

"
Indeed I am, Ser. And you're Jorah Holt, Loreia's commander. You rode well against that Lyras fellow - you did yourself and old Tomas did proud. Can I offer you some ale?"

Jon Cobb

Back to top Go down

Day 5 MA - Defeated in the joust - closedish Empty Re: Day 5 MA - Defeated in the joust - closedish

Post by Ser Jorah Holt Fri May 22, 2015 6:56 am

"
I am and thank you. Sadly, it was not enough to progress. And I won't say no to the ale."
Jorah smiled, settling into a chair.

"
I was looking forward to seeing you joust as well. May I ask if you are alright?"

Ser Jorah Holt

Back to top Go down

Post by Jon Cobb Fri May 22, 2015 9:26 am

"
Not as well as I'd like to be, but feeling better by the pint,"
Jon smiles grimly. "
Still, at least someone profited from my ill health. Lord Dunstan got to fight another day in his knightly fairy tale, and Ser Florian entered the next round with nary a scratch on him. And besides, seeing how he handled Lord Tullison, I'm glad I forfeited. I have no doubt that Ser Florian would have made embarrassingly short work of me as well,"
Jon laughs - this time with genuine humor.

Jon Cobb

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Jorah Holt Fri May 22, 2015 12:48 pm

"
And how many men can say they lost their armour twice in one tournament?"
Jorah smiled, accepting the ale, "
Mhhmm, that tastes good after the joust. Much appreciated and I am sure you would have ridden well against Ser Florian."

He relaxed for a moment, his body stiff and aching from the joust.

"
Lord Coldbrook mentioned you had been to see him. If I may ask, do you still have contact with Prince Damon?"

Ser Jorah Holt

Back to top Go down

Post by Jon Cobb Fri May 22, 2015 12:51 pm

At the mention of the Prince's name, Jon gives Ser Jorah a questioning look.

"
The Prince has been kind enough to see me on occasion, yes. Why do you ask, Ser Jorah?"

Jon Cobb

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Sat May 23, 2015 12:01 pm

"
Good ser"
remarks the portly Septon, coming from the tournament grounds. "
Am I correct in having seen your heraldry in the lists? If I remember correctly you both fought bravely but ended up with some injuries. If you do not mind I may be able to be of some service to you."

persuasion : 3d6: 13 or 3d6B1 if status less then three: 11 Jon Cobb

Persuasion: 3d6: 9 or 3d6B1 if status less then three: 13 Ser Jorah holt

Treat injury roll: 3d6B1: 14 John Cobb

Treat injury roll: 3d6B1: 13 Ser Jorah holt
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Jon Cobb Sat May 23, 2015 1:30 pm

"
You misremember then, friend Septon. My injuries are not from today, and in any case, they're long past the ministrations of any physician,"
Jon answers, throwing the intruding septon an irritated look.

OOC: It would be easier for me to integrate you into the conversation if you could send a PM beforehand, letting me know you're coming and what you're trying to do. The Persuasion roll, for instance, what's that about?

Jon Cobb

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Jorah Holt Sat May 23, 2015 3:37 pm

"
From one soldier to another, I was hoping to meet him,"
Jorah explained, "
I was injured just before Lord Coldbrook and my father left for the Stepstones."
He tapped his leg, remembering the snap noise.

"
They spoke so much about him when they returned, I regret not getting a chance to go and serve."

As the Septon interrupted and began fussing over them both, he gave him a quizzical look.

"
Excuse me Septon, but who are you? I do not believe that you are Septon here at Riverrun are you?"

Ser Jorah Holt

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Sat May 23, 2015 4:17 pm

I'm sorry, sometimes I forget myself when I see people I feel need my help. I'm septon of the house dulver. I come from deepen hall looking for noble and godly people to assist our small folk in building an orphanage. You see there has been some terrible tragedies involving our mines that have left some of our youths without homes to live in. So I am beseeching the great nobles to assist me with the funds to construct a home to safeguard those children who have lost their parents to wars and the mines
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Jorah Holt Sat May 23, 2015 4:20 pm

"
A noble goal to say the least. How have your efforts gone so far?"
Jorah asked, genuinely interested.

Ser Jorah Holt

Back to top Go down

Post by Jon Cobb Sat May 23, 2015 4:35 pm

Ser Jorah Holt wrote:"
Jorah explained, "
I was injured just before Lord Coldbrook and my father left for the Stepstones."

"
They spoke so much about him when they returned, I regret not getting a chance to go and serve."
"
And is that what you wish to do now? To serve the Prince?"
Jon replies with a steady, but not unfriendly gaze.

Septon Arlyn wrote:I'm sorry, sometimes I forget myself when I see people I feel need my help. I'm septon of the house dulver. I come from deepen hall looking for noble and godly people to assist our small folk in building an orphanage. You see there has been some terrible tragedies involving our mines that have left some of our youths without homes to live in. So I am beseeching the great nobles to assist me with the funds to construct a home to safeguard those children who have lost their parents to wars and the mines
"
Great nobles, eh?"
Jon laughs. "
I'm afraid you've come to the wrong pair, then. Ser Jorah and I are simple knights, no more. Though, if it's funding you need, I could introduce you to Ser Fendrel of House Bartheld. House Bartheld is a prosperous house, and Ser Fendrel would no doubt be happy to support your worthy cause."

Jon Cobb

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Jorah Holt Sat May 23, 2015 5:21 pm

Jon Cobb wrote:
Jorah explained, "

"

"
And is that what you wish to do now? To serve the Prince?"
Jon replies with a steady, but not unfriendly gaze.

"
I would like the opportunity to in my own small way. Obviously I serve House Coldbrook, but that is a benefit in this case as Lord Coldbrook has been happy to assist the prince in the past. You can learn a lot from a man such as him just by serving him for a while."
Jorah has an obviously high opinion of Prince Damon.

Septon Arlyn wrote:I'm sorry, sometimes I forget myself when I see people I feel need my help. I'm septon of the house dulver. I come from deepen hall looking for noble and godly people to assist our small folk in building an orphanage. You see there has been some terrible tragedies involving our mines that have left some of our youths without homes to live in. So I am beseeching the great nobles to assist me with the funds to construct a home to safeguard those children who have lost their parents to wars and the mines

"
Great nobles, eh?"
Jon laughs. "
I'm afraid you've come to the wrong pair, then. Ser Jorah and I are simple knights, no more. Though, if it's funding you need, I could introduce you to Ser Fendrel of House Bartheld. House Bartheld is a prosperous house, and Ser Fendrel would no doubt be happy to support your worthy cause."

"
I am afraid Ser Jon is correct,"
Jorah smiles, "
neither of us is particularly wealthy. Certainly there are a few people who might be able to help. Have you approached Lord Dulver?"

Ser Jorah Holt

Back to top Go down

Post by Jon Cobb Sat May 23, 2015 10:35 pm

I would like the opportunity to in my own small way. Obviously I serve House Coldbrook, but that is a benefit in this case as Lord Coldbrook has been happy to assist the prince in the past. You can learn a lot from a man such as him just by serving him for a while."
Jorah has an obviously high opinion of Prince Damon.
"
Well, the Prince is a busy man, but I think he can be persuaded to find the time to speak with you, if for no other reason than Tomas' past services. I'll see what I can do and get back to you."

"
By the way, I couldn't help but notice how well you took Ser Kevan's lance hits before. Had he struck me, he'd probably have pierced my brigandine straight through. Is there perhaps some trick to it that you could teach me?"

[url=Awareness][/url]: 3d6k2 9 to detect whether Jorah seems to be hiding something about his reasons for wanting to serve the Prince (Difficulty should be Jorah's passive Deception)

Jon Cobb

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Jorah Holt Sun May 24, 2015 8:25 am

"
Thank you Ser Jon, that is all I can ask."
Jorah sounded appreciative

Jorah looked down at his armour, "
my father showed me a way to position my armour in a way that angles part of the blow away in a much better fashion. Here, let me show you."

ooc
Jorah's passive deception is only 8, so you succeed
You think there may be a little more emphasis on the learning part than he said.

Ser Jorah Holt

Back to top Go down

Post by Jon Cobb Sun May 24, 2015 3:55 pm

Ser Jorah Holt wrote:
my father showed me a way to position my armour in a way that angles part of the blow away in a much better fashion. Here, let me show you."
"
Really? That's all there is to it? Seems surprisingly simple... Then again, I'm a little worse for the wear from this ale, and I doubt I'll remember properly once I try it with my own armor. Perhaps we could meet again tomorrow and you could show me again. Perhaps throw in a little sparring as well, to see that I'm doing it correctly?"

Jon Cobb

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Sun May 24, 2015 10:02 pm

"
Great nobles, eh?"
Jon laughs. "

"
I am afraid Ser Jon is correct,"
Jorah smiles, "
neither of us is particularly wealthy. Certainly there are a few people who might be able to help. Have you approached Lord Dulver?"

"
Ah but I have seen you fight, and even if you are, as you call yourselves, simple tourney nights, I can see you have great things to do in your future."
remarks the Septon. "
And their is more to being a noble then simply leading great houses or having huge tracts of land, there is an honor about you that any freedman can clearly see."

"
And I would gladly meet Ser Fendrel, he comes by one of the greatest recommendations. And I certainly have approached Lord Dulver, but being the meticulous man that he is he has only agreed to pay a part of the sum that is required. Thankfully with the leave of his grace he has allowed me to come to this tourney and see what support I can gain to fulfill the needs of our people."

"
If you ever find ourself in need of assistance I will be happy to offer my services as an embassy of the seven."
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Jorah Holt Mon May 25, 2015 9:35 am

Jon Cobb wrote:
Ser Jorah Holt wrote:
"
Really? That's all there is to it? Seems surprisingly simple... Then again, I'm a little worse for the wear from this ale, and I doubt I'll remember properly once I try it with my own armor. Perhaps we could meet again tomorrow and you could show me again. Perhaps throw in a little sparring as well, to see that I'm doing it correctly?"

"
Certainly, though tomorrow is looking to be quite busy for me, so perhaps after the equestrian competition?"

Septon Arlyn wrote:"
If you ever find ourself in need of assistance I will be happy to offer my services as an embassy of the seven."

"
Actually Septon, there are a few matters I think you might be able to help me with. In exchange, I can introduce you various people at the ball tomorrow?"

Ser Jorah Holt

Back to top Go down

Post by Jon Cobb Mon May 25, 2015 5:43 pm

Certainly, though tomorrow is looking to be quite busy for me, so perhaps after the equestrian competition?"
"
That will be most satisfactory, Ser Jorah. By the way, I had heard that Lord Tomas has a smith in his service who makes exceptional weapons. Is that true?"

Jon Cobb

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Mon May 25, 2015 6:52 pm

I would gladly help you and be pleased too meet your friends acquaintance. What time would you be needing help and where would this be at?
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Jorah Holt Mon May 25, 2015 7:04 pm

"
House Coldbrook does indeed have a very talented smith at our disposal."

Septon Arlyn wrote:I would gladly help you and be pleased too meet your friends acquaintance. What time would you be needing help and where would this be at?

"
There are a couple of things you could help with. The first and I'm embarrassed to say, but I've been looking for a few texts in the library and not doing too well. Now, I also find that there are plenty of people who have been taken advantage of the opportunity of the tournament to utilise the library. You may well meet several people who could provide some assistance to you."

"
The second one is one which will be dear to your heart. Earlier today, one of my guardsman was able to prevent the escape of one Holy Harry, a zealot of the Faith Militant. Now, I was hoping exposure to a more moderating influence may be able to save him from his current course, but also lead us to his master, Ser Lionel Darry, a man who espouses murder in the name of the Seven."

Ser Jorah Holt

Back to top Go down

Post by Jon Cobb Tue May 26, 2015 9:41 pm

House Coldbrook does indeed have a very talented smith at our disposal."
"
Ah, that is good news indeed, Ser Jorah. You see, now that the jousting has temporarily filled my purse, I have been considering replacing some of my arms with weapons of a quality more fitting for a hero of song and story!"
Jon laughs. "
Do you think your smith might have the time to take a commission from Wrecker Jon?"

OOC: Trying to set up a means of acquiring a superior weapon after this scenario. Plus, a reason to see Castle Grenward and face the curse!

Jon Cobb

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Jorah Holt Wed May 27, 2015 7:26 am

"
Come and visit Castle Grenward after the tournament. I'm sure he'd be happy to make something for the famous 'Wrecker Jon'."

Ser Jorah Holt

Back to top Go down

Post by Jon Cobb Wed May 27, 2015 9:06 am

"
I shall do that, Ser Jorah. Thank you for the invitation. Well, I feel nature calling, so I shall take my leave. Good day to you, Ser,"
Jon rises and gives Jorah a short bow.

"
And Septon, remember what I said about speaking to Ser Fendrel. Come to the Bartheld ball tomorrow night, and I shall see that you are properly introduced."

Jon Cobb

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Wed May 27, 2015 5:58 pm

Ser Jorah Holt wrote:

"
There are a couple of things you could help with. The first and I'm embarrassed to say, but I've been looking for a few texts in the library and not doing too well. Now, I also find that there are plenty of people who have been taken advantage of the opportunity of the tournament to utilise the library. You may well meet several people who could provide some assistance to you."

"
The second one is one which will be dear to your heart. Earlier today, one of my guardsman was able to prevent the escape of one Holy Harry, a zealot of the Faith Militant. Now, I was hoping exposure to a more moderating influence may be able to save him from his current course, but also lead us to his master, Ser Lionel Darry, a man who espouses murder in the name of the Seven."

I believe I can help you with those things. So I will see you tomorrow in the morning. I remember that guardswomen riding in the front, she certainly knows how to handle a steed.

Jon Cobb wrote:"
I shall do that, Ser Jorah. Thank you for the invitation. Well, I feel nature calling, so I shall take my leave. Good day to you, Ser,"
Jon rises and gives Jorah a short bow.

"
And Septon, remember what I said about speaking to Ser Fendrel. Come to the Bartheld ball tomorrow night, and I shall see that you are properly introduced."

I will certainly meet with Ser Fendrel on the marrow. I will be interested to see what he has to offer for us.
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next