Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[D3 LA]Requiem[Closedish]

3 posters

Go down

[D3 LA]Requiem[Closedish] Empty [D3 LA]Requiem[Closedish]

Post by Theomore Tullison Sat Nov 14, 2015 2:35 am

[There'll be some parts of this scene where Theomore and Arlyn will want to speak in private, but anyone might attend the sermon if Arlyn agrees to hold it.]

Theomore had Ser Hugo's body laid on a gurney, and face washed up to look somewhat peaceful, silent sisters were in short supply, so a couple of pages would have to do. Meanwhile he sent his squire to see if septon Arlyn might be found.

"
My good septon"
Theomore greets "
I had hoped you would be willing to assist me in some small manner. This is Ser Hugo Rivers, a hedge knight that violated the king's peace. He refused to surrender to me, I had hoped to bring him in alive and unharmed if I could, but alas, that was not to be."
Theomore did not care overly much, the fool should have known better than to leave his eyes so unprotected. A blow to the head like that would usually do no more than to knock out a so thick-headed man. But acting sympathetic won you friends.."
Whatever else he was in life, he was a knight with a holy charge, and I wish to give him my final respects with a proper funeral, at least as proper as our circumstances allow, the duties placed upon us by the king prevents a vigil to be held in his honor, but the time for a sermon I think we can permit ourselves?"

"
Further, I would want the coin my squire will bring back from the market after selling Ser Hugo's steed and equipment to be donated to the victims of the calamities we have seen in this area, should be something like 5 to 6 dragons worth in my estimation. Enough to feed quite a few refugees I believe. I understand that you would be well suited to ensure that it will be put to good use? "
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

[D3 LA]Requiem[Closedish] Empty Re: [D3 LA]Requiem[Closedish]

Post by Septon Arlyn Sat Nov 14, 2015 3:00 am

[url=What do I know of Ser Hugo knowledge education][/url]: 6d6k4 18

[Also I'm ok with any PC being there,]

Last edited by 167 on Sat Nov 14, 2015 6:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Sat Nov 14, 2015 3:09 am

Septon Arlyn wrote:[url=What do I know of Ser Hugo knowledge education][/url]: 6d6k4 18

Septon Arlyn heard much and more in his role as a septon, and was surprisingly well informed of Ser Hugo's life and deeds.

[OOC: answer via PM. We'll get a decent eulogy or information at least!]
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Sat Nov 14, 2015 3:02 pm

Certianly I can make sure that the coin from knights belongings will be used to help the refugees. Ser Theomore, there is an incident earlier today that I would like to discuss after we finish here. It involves the Ironborn Athelstan. But let us discuss that after I finish my duties here.

Septon Arlyn turns from the blond knight and walks slowly up to the podium. Looking back at the dead night he looks almost peaceful, his hands folded over his chest, painted rock eyes staring into the evening sun. Glancing up to the small gathered group that mostly consisted of squires. The man was little loved in life. A serving wench, with a swollen belly from the tavern, a stableboy that provided care for his horses a few others that he had patronized in life were present.

Oh gods, hopefully he did not impregnate that girl.

Septon Arlyn begins, "
Ser Hugo was not always a good man, nor was he a favorite of the small folk. But he was honest in his dealings. When he found himself in the service of the Lords he worked under he was always brave and true. He would protect his Lord's with his own life and limb.

He was the son of a mighty knight from House Peake, who's many duties left Ser Hugo to be raised by his compassionate mother. Learning the traits of strength from his mother, He found great guidance of the father from the seven.

He was a man of great talent, and although there have been questions of this mans honor, he died in an honorable tilt against the Noble Ser Theomore.

He is a great man and brave knight, Although his life was fraught with questions about his jousts, there can be no question that his life ended in a way that would certainly have made the warrior proud, in a way a brave knight should, with a weapon in his hand, and fire in his heart.

Now let us return him to the heavens, so that he may rejoin his ancestors in the sky.

The Stanger took him from this life, may the Crone guide him to the father,

for his final judgment"

With that Septon Arlyn took the torch from the waiting Squires hands, placing deep in the pyre. Septon Arlyn watches as the Pyre catches alight slowly burning the body, a smell of burning pork soon filled the Septon nostrils. He watches as the knights body is carried with the ash upwards, fire crackling and sputtering merrily, licking around the blackened wood and flesh until nothing else remains.

Looking at the blackened bones Septon Arlyn feels over come by some words. Looking across the gathered people he speaks again. "
War is like this fire, consuming knights and the lands until nothing remains but blackened bones of their charred remains. Let us pray that with this mans death he found peace, and let us pray for peace ourselves so that we can prevent ourselves from joining his fate."

Slowly those who gather disperse. Not many had tears in their eyes but the obviously pregnant women does weep openly.

I should speak to Ser Theomore and see if we can not donate some of the knights coin to the women. Most likely she will not have any other means of support

Walking back to Ser Theomore, Septon Arlyn begins to speak. "
Thank you for bring the honorable knight you are and allowing Ser Hugo to find the rest he deserves. He may have been a brutish man and possibly a cheat, however he was still a knight. Hopefully his knighthood help prevent him from using the strength he had to subjugate people and torture them for his own whims. I hope that the mother intercedes on his behalf and he joins the other knights in the seven heavens."
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Sat Nov 14, 2015 3:41 pm

Theomore stands in somber vigil as the septon delivers the euology, what was this about Athelstan? Well, he had no idea so best put it out of his head for now, the septon would bring it up in good time no doubt.

"
Thank you, my good septon."
Theomore turns back the praise. "
It was a proper passing into the next realm."
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Thu Nov 19, 2015 8:14 pm

"
Aye it tis, I'm glad you brought him back to be laid to rest."
Septon Arlyn looks at the crackling pyre, "
I hear that there will be a funeral tonight for Athelstan."
Septon Arlyn let's that last word trail off.
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Thu Nov 19, 2015 8:19 pm

"
A funeral for Athelstan? I am afraid I do not follow."
Theomore is quite surprised by that. "
He was with Tullison and Dulver forces when we fought against outlaws, he seemed in good enough shape after the battle to my eyes."
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Thu Nov 19, 2015 8:24 pm

[Timey wimey issues incoming]

"
Aye, good Ser Theomore, he apparently committed suicide rather then face the sevens justice again. He did the deed right before me and the rest of the Dulver's arrived."
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Thu Nov 19, 2015 8:42 pm

"
That, my friend, is news to me."
And here he thought this day might allow for some small amount of rest. "
If you might be so kind as to start from the beginning?"
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Thu Nov 19, 2015 10:07 pm

Well, the details are far from clear to me, but let me start at the beginning of what I know.

I saw Athelstan and Lady Corinne investigating the mines when I arrived. I was arriving first to set up our base of operations, as the mines appeared to be of particular interest to house Dulver.

Athelstan arrived at our temporary camp and I offered him bread and butter. Whilst we were talking Lady Corinne and Ser Myles worked on there own investigation. During that time while we were talking he expressed interest in converting to the seven, and was seeking redemption for the sin of kinslaying.

After he left we worked on our own investigation. While we discovered some evidence of ironborn involvement in moving of some of the wildfyre shards. Shortly after we found that evidence we heard a cry of a dying horse. As we arrived it appeared that Lord Baelon and all his bloodriders had weapons drawn at the ready and Lady Corinne looked to be upset, while Daveth and Ser Jorah reminded a distance away from the rest of the group, but close enough as to have intervened. When I asked what happened, noting Athelstan's dread horse and no Athelstan, I asked forcefully about what had happened.

"
Daveth Coldbrook approached me and told me that they had uncovered solid evidence that Athelstan had deliberately tainted evidence to show guilt to an innocent party. He then admitted to that specific crime and apparently decided to end his own life rather then submit to further questioning."

Septon Arlyn frowned, "
now I told you about my conversation not 2 hours before about Athlestan seeking redemption and wishing to convert to the seven. So his willingness to take his own life made me highly suspect, so I proceeded to question them about what evidence they could have that would possibly point directly to Athlestan, rather then one of the other retainers of House longshore, I then asked who questioned him."

"
Ser Jorah reviled that it was Lord Drakeson, and I, incredulously, chastised them sharply for making such a foolish mistake. For it was no secret that Athelstan had it out for Lord Baelon, and hinted as much a few times, even at this investigation. I asked them why they did not already approach the other houses with this information, or even had Lady Corinne or Daveth, or Ser Jorah question him. Instead of answering my question the coldbrook's and Drakeson's bristled, I continued to ask for them to reveal their information they had but they continued to refuse.

Then Lord Drakeson made another comment about a tragedy occurring, I do not know if it was a veiled threat or merely a poor choice of words, and he started going off about a wildfyre plot and people to kill the Royal investigator.

"
I asked them to provide their evidence they have gathered again, with an appeal to Lady Corinne to intercede, as I feared the hotblooded nature of Lord Baelon had made him overstep his authority, especially with his Liege sitting not twenty feet behind him.

"
Be replied that the sea wyrm was too dangerous for his Liege to question, or for Lady Corinne."
Scoffing slightly "
twenty armed horsemen and one man is too much for his Liege to question, from the safety of distance and horseback? Lord Baelon is a true knight but his actions were clearly made based off of fear from this man."

"
After determining that the best course of action would be to work together with house Coldbrook and House Marsten to find this cache of wildfyre, I offered the services of the Dulver trackers and Luecian, the best tracker I know by far. Daveth scoffed at my offer and stated they were right to question the ironborn by virtue of him confessing his guilt."

"
Note that during this conversation I never stated that it was incorrect to question the ironborn, merely that the person who questioned him should not have been a man whom he had an obvious vendetta against."

"
Anyways after Daveth insulted me, stating that we had house Dulver *would* provide our trackers to assist in finding the wildfyre. Then threatening me with stating that it we where not coherenced into compliance that they would tell the realm that we did nothing to prevent the "
wildfyre plot"
from occurring."

"
I stated that I would share all the information from the mines that we had gathered with all those present, to show that house Dulver was willing to coordinate with the other houses in finding out what happened with the investigations. Then Ser Raynald shared the other information we had gathered."

"
After that I left, sensing that the coldbrook's could not be swayed to reason with sharing the information they had gathered on the wildfyre plot, I went back to the camp to discuss with others from our house the most likely place for this act to take place, so that we might be able to search for it better. On my way back I asked Luecian Longbow to speak with Lady Corinne and share the information we at house dulver had gathered. Plus offer his services to her to try and find out where the wildfyre went."

"
And that, Ser Theomore, is what I know"
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Fri Nov 20, 2015 6:07 pm

[Due to Theo's words in other thread with Corrine, I'll assume he won't remember Ser Jorah being there from this conversation.]

"
That is indeed troubling news."
Theomore rubs his nose. "
Lord Baelon has the hot blood of his father, yet none of the refinement that comes from being a trueborn son. This I knew, but that Daveth is unable to reign him in, that is worse."

"
But that is what I fear comes from never being groomed for lordship and command, I slew another with my lance two years ago, at the twins, an accident in the joust, a twelve year old boy had managed to sneak his way into the list, and many a sleepness night of mine have had me asking the darkness if I should not have noticed the boy for what he was and simply give his shield enough of a prod to see me through."

"
His name was Joren Coldbrook, Lord Coldbrook's only trueborn child, he has a bastard by the name of Garret, and Daveth is actually the son of his wife from another marriage, some sworn sword of Riverrun that died over fifteen years ago. Somehow, Lord Tomas has been convinced to set his natual born son aside for one not of his own blood. I suspected he was unsuited for lordship by such deeds of his that I know of, but I had never thought him so callow as to not see that letting a man such as Lord Baelon be placed in a situation where something going wrong is to be expected."
The septon seemed in a suitable mood to enact this particular plan, and better still, the Coldbrooks would simply think that discontent at the situation of the mines would be the cause of such outbursts Theomore hopes to bring forth. But will the fat septon bite? The hook had been baited and thrown into the pond, patience is a virtue any fisherman must learn.
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Fri Nov 20, 2015 7:25 pm

"
Aye, I've heard rumors and tales of the Coldbrook's heirs demise, but I had no idea that it was your hand directly involved."
Septon Arlyn looked around cautiously. "
I've heard of this Garrett though. The shield maiden herself came and challenged Lord Marsten to a duel at the Sept last year at the tournament of river run, due to Lord Marsten attacking the bastard Garrett."

"
Septon Arlyn shakes his head and mutters under his breath, "
Is there anyone in the coldbrook household that is a strong enough leader to not be out shown by the Drakeson? "
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Fri Nov 20, 2015 7:35 pm

"
That Lord Tomas could be persuaded to set his other aside a year after the death of his other son does not speak much to Garret's credit."
Theomore muses. "
Though he is a military man, like much of the rest of the Coldbrooks, and military men have a way of pulling rank by loud shouting without hesitation when they must."

"
It does bring an interesting question to my mind, though, Daveth and the Coldbrooks did seem to seek support for Garret's legitimization at Riverrun, though somehow, he apparently decided to want the position as heir for himself. Did something change his mind? Or was he as false to his adoptive father as he was false to Lord Dunstan and I?"
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Sat Nov 21, 2015 3:28 pm

"
False to Lord Dustin and youself good Ser?"
Septon Arlyns eyebrows furrowed. "
Could you explain what you mean? How was he false?"
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Sat Nov 21, 2015 5:07 pm

[Just for the peanut-gallery, there is a larger plan in play here, Daveth and the Coldbrooks is a target of opportunity, nothing personal, and should at most be an annoyance in the short term, long term? We'll see if reader wants to give me my wish #7 for Christmas.]

"
I hope I can trust you to keep quiet about that episode, my friend? I thought it best to let the matter pass and hope it would not repeat itself. House Tullison are better served not to pursue that matter than to risk endangering our friendship with the Coldbrooks."
Theomore sighs. "
The short of it is that Daveth disguised himself and went under the name of "
Javik"
, and through the use of coin and guile made another man accuse Rafford here of tampering with lord Bracken's horse during the races."

"
I sorted the matter with the Tully's, as Rafford was assisting my squire with some other matter at the time, and thus could not possibly have done as accused. At first I thought that Daveth simply had done the honest mistake of not realizing that when you hire informants, you need to be careful about them being truthful rather than attempting to appease you in order to earn more coin. I suspect that he thought I killed his half-brother on purpose, and sought revenge, perhaps by hoping to convince people that Raff did this on my orders to eliminate a rival in the equestrian competition. But one believing the first to be true would easily believe the second to also be the case if someone told him this, no? The falsehood stemming from the fact where he swore that he now was convinced that Joren's death was an incident, and he would let the matter go. But I am willing to forgive him that. Should it happen again, I shall need to come up with an appropriate response."

"
However, in light of the fact that he managed to make Lord Tomas set aside the one son with a birthright, I wonder if that might well be indicative of wily ways most unfit for a lord."

And here we go:
[url=iniative][/url]: 5d6k4 16
ID: 13 (15 for first round)
Composure: 9
Disposition: Indifferent.

Raff: [url=iniative][/url]: 2d6 9
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Sat Nov 21, 2015 5:39 pm

"
Aye, this is very concerning business. How many people know of this?"

Stats
[url=intitive vs Ser Theo in requiem under the kings banner D3][/url]: 3d6 10
ID 9
technique ;
bargain
Objective ;
Via PM
DR ;
indifferent DR 4 (0,0)

[url=round 1 inturige vs Theomore withdraw][/url]: 5d6k4 14

[Did you include your +2 to your ID from raff?]
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Sat Nov 21, 2015 7:48 pm

"
I have shared the information with a few, my nephew and niece, as well as the maester. I told Lord Baelon and Lady Gwyn as well, they were once guests at Mountain's Reach, and the lady is both clever and tactful, so I asked her to act on my behalf to see if Daveth could not be swayed to accept the truth for what it is. I can tolerate a single act done out of grief, with little damage caused, assuming that it will not be repeated."

"
Given what happened at the twins, and the fact that Daveth did manage to find a cure for my good-sister, I should be extremely careful to involve myself in Coldbrook affairs, and House Tullison cannot exactly press the matter either. It is as if the injustice I suspect has been done against young Garret is one we are in no position to pursue. What can a knight do when it is exceedingly difficult to undertake his charge in the name of the father without breaking his oath of service to his lord and house, or neglecting his duties to his family?"

[Yes, Raff bonus included.

ID: 13
Composure: 9
Disposition: Indifferent.
Objective: See pm.

Round 1: [url=deception-convince][/url]: 5d6k4+5 25 4 DoS for 3*4 influence=12, 8 after DR.
Raff: [url=assist][/url]: 2d6+3 10
Round 2: [url=deception-convince][/url]: 5d6k4+6 25 3 DoS for 3*3 influence=9, 5 after DR, septon must take frustration.
Raff: [url=assist][/url]: 2d6+3 11

Yield: see pm]
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Sun Nov 22, 2015 3:28 pm

Septon Arlyn nods along with understanding, being swayed by the knights words. "
Yes, I can understand that it might reflect on poorly, with politics as they are, to be directly linked to House Coldbrook and their machinations."
Septon Arlyn nodded some more at speaking of lost birth right. "
Maybe if the more decisive Garret had been Lord Coldbrook had been there to give the orders, this incident would not have happened and Athlestan would be alive to question."

"
However I would like to find out the truth of what happened to Athlestan. Him committing suicide seems to be contrary to the conversations I have recently had with him. If you could find out the truth of what happened, Maybe ask questions of people that would not listen to me, then perhaps more truth might be reveled in this matter. In our conversations he became something of a friend to me, and I would like to know the truth of the matter behind his death."

[Yield accepted]
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Sun Nov 22, 2015 6:10 pm

"
Ser Theomore, there is one issue I would like to ask you about. Last year in the tournament of Riverrun there was that young girl who testified against the Furious Frey. Now I remember from watching the Melee that Lord Dustin was quite adamant that she was safe,"
Very vocally if I were truthful, "
I assumed this meant that she was under his protection, however I was unable to find if she was safe. Could you allay my fears about her, Benjen Frey did not kill her before attacking House Dulvers lands did he?"
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Sun Nov 22, 2015 6:57 pm

"
If sentiment in the lands were that Lord Tomas would be wrong to set aside his own blood, then he might rethink his choice, or the pressure of his peers could do the trick?"
Theomore throws in the suggestion. Another piece is moved into place, the trap has been set, the bait has been placed, and all it now requires is for the opponent to greedily grasp it. And the Coldbrooks? Will they ever realize that the Jade Dragon they will see coming for them was lured in for them to capture?

"
Ah, you mean Brenda?"
Theomore smiles as that is certainly a lighter subject to discuss. "
She was safe and sound at Mountain's Reach when we departed, I have hardly spoken to her since Riverrun, and it was my Lord nephew who took care of the arrangements of finding her a place in our household, I have seen her in our halls, she seems more quiet and reserved to my eyes than the other girls, I am assuming that septon Weyls have approached her, he has been with us for so long that I do not remember the man that was septon there before him, and he has a good sense of when someone needs his ear. Though my other duties have kept me from inquiring about her well-being. Perhaps my nephew or niece might know a deal more, I find myself spending five nights as a guest at inns or castles for each one where I sleep in my own bed these days. Theomore offers apologetically."
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Sun Nov 22, 2015 7:21 pm

Septon Arlyn ponders the words of Ser Theomore. Perhaps I should speak with some of Lord Coldbrooks peers. Maybe Lord Coldbrook will be more likely to choose the son who can take command, the one who can lead his house with authority. One who will not waiver when an order to stand down needs to be given. A true knight may need a strong leader to command him, else he act according to his own whims and not the orders of his Lord.

Upon hearing of Brenda's safety in the House Tullison, Septon Arlyn lets out a relived sigh. "
Thank the Gods. I was worried that my actions may have put her in danger. I'm glad to hear that she is safe in your halls, and that Septon Weyls is there to attend to her. He is a good man I believe, from what I have met of him. Although I must admit to have only spent a short amount of time with him when I was traveling as a begging brother.

Thank you for allaying my fears good Ser, now I know that you spoke of donating the coin from Ser Hugo items. However I see a pregnant women out in the crowd who seems very upset by these proceedings. Now I do not know if Ser Hugo placed a bastard in her belly, but if it pleases my good Ser I would like to speak with her to determine if she really does have his child. If she does I would like to take a few gold dragons from what you earned here and give it to her, to help with the raising of the child. I know that you wanted the money to be put toward charity, and the rest will surely go there, however it would ease my conscious if his child were to be taken care of. For he was a good knight, I would hate for his legacy to be that of leaving the mother of his child with nothing, possibly leaving her to become destitute. Life is hard for a single peasant women with a child.

Would that be something that you could agree to?"
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Sun Nov 22, 2015 9:27 pm

"
If you think it best, septon."
Theomore did not care, to tell the truth. "
I had hoped to simply give you the coin to distribute where you believe it can do the most good, I myself have too many duties."

"
Though a one time offer of coin can rarely do more than to help the immediate need, a young woman with a child to raise needs a roof to sleep under and a supply of food, whether that is in the household of a lord, or at some farmstead. Neither of these she can have for a few gold, though perhaps a lord of compassion might take her in? Or there is a widowed farmer in need of a woman to look after his children while he works the fields?"
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Sun Nov 22, 2015 9:44 pm

"
Aye, I had planned to offer her space at the Orphanage, if she would take it good Ser"
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Mon Nov 23, 2015 7:34 am

"
It seems you are thinking ahead of me septon"
Theomore smiles. "
You must tell me how this orphanage of yours is progressing once my head does not have so many thoughts doing battle with each other for attention."
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down