Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[D6, ME-LE] Bartheld Party Games - Commoner (Open)

+3
Ser Jorah Holt
Septon Arlyn
Nathaniel Mason
7 posters

Go down

[D6, ME-LE] Bartheld Party Games - Commoner (Open) Empty [D6, ME-LE] Bartheld Party Games - Commoner (Open)

Post by Nathaniel Mason Mon May 25, 2015 9:29 am

[OOC: As you are probably aware, the Bartheld Ball is held in two locations. The noble area, and the smallfolk area. The following takes place at the smallfolk feast space. Anyone is allowed to participate. (Nobles are welcome and we won't hold that against you.) The contests are open to anyone. The prizes may seem small to those of great status, but to a commoner they can amount to six months wages or more.]

Welcome One and All!

Lord Davain, in keeping with his desire that all enjoy the festivities of House Bartheld, is sponsoring a number of contests during the evening for the pleasure of the participants and the entertainment of his guests. Each contest carries a prize of 35SS for first place and 15SS for second. The Grand Prize winner will also receive a bonus prize of 50SS.

Costume Contest

Deception (Disguise) + Persuasion (Specialty appropriate for costume)

[You can use the 'take your time' rules for the Deception roll if you devote a slot to your costume before hand.]

Wrestling Contest

Fighting (Brawl) + Athletics (Strength)

Eating Contest

Endurance (Stamina) + Will (Dedication)

Juggling Contest

Agility (Quickness) + Thievery (Slight of Hand)

[There is no Difficulty (because there is no consequence of failure and DoS do not matter). Highest rolls take the prizes. Highest Total rolls take the Grand Prize. Unlike the other contests, NCs are welcome to enter if Reader wishes. This thread is strictly for contest entries. There will be a conversation thread as well. Any PC who enters any of the contests gets an automatic +1 Disposition boost with Nathaniel (max Amiable) provided he knows who you are.]

Nathaniel Mason
Nathaniel Mason

Back to top Go down

[D6, ME-LE] Bartheld Party Games - Commoner (Open) Empty Re: [D6, ME-LE] Bartheld Party Games - Commoner (Open)

Post by Septon Arlyn Mon May 25, 2015 2:43 pm

Septon Arlyn arrives to the party with a smile on his lips and easy laughter in his belly. He takes joy in the small things and greatly enjoys his time with the small folk. He is dressed in a jovial juglers outfit and tries merrily to juggle three stones that he has found .

costume contest
[url=Disguise jugglers outfit][/url]: 3d6 7 + [url=Persuasion charm][/url]: 6d6k5 21

he decides to participate is some good ol wrestling, not very becoming of a high septon but lauded by the small folk he loves to serve

[url=fighting][/url]: 3d6 10 + [url=athletics][/url]: 2d6 2

Ah yes an eating contest, my most favorite event he thinks padding his prodigious bulk.

[url=endurance][/url]: 3d6 9 + [url=will dedication][/url]: 5d6k4 12

Tossing his river rocks he brought into the air the high septon laughs and sings as he surprises even himself with how long he keeps the flow a going

[url=agility][/url]: 2d6 6 + [url=thevery][/url]: 2d6 9

Last edited by 167 on Tue May 26, 2015 8:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

[D6, ME-LE] Bartheld Party Games - Commoner (Open) Empty Re: [D6, ME-LE] Bartheld Party Games - Commoner (Open)

Post by Ser Jorah Holt Tue May 26, 2015 1:01 pm

Whilst most of the events were not to his liking, he fancied a turn at the wrestling, certainly whilst masked. He certainly made an impression on the other competitors, including easily rolling Septon Arlyn onto his back.

[url=wrestling][/url]: 5d6k5+4d6k4 28

He did moderately well at it, but did not expect to win.

Last edited by 105 on Thu May 28, 2015 12:12 pm; edited 1 time in total

Ser Jorah Holt

Back to top Go down

Post by Loreia Tue May 26, 2015 1:43 pm

Loreia decides that she will try her hand at the wrestling, though she doesn't expect she will get runner-up for it.

Wrestling Contest
[url=Wrestling - Fighting+Athletics][/url]: 2#4d6 9 9
[url=Wrestling - bonus die(Strength)][/url]: 1d6 4(replaces "
1"
in Athletics roll(4, 4, 2, 2)
Total: 21

The festive atmosphere causes her to forget the backgrounds of some of the contenders, but once she loses and is out of the game, she's back to avoiding said contenders lest her mood consistently darken for the remainder of the event.

Eating Contest
She notices the food on display for an upcoming eating contest, understandably coming after the wrestling - wouldn't be desirable for some of the faint of stomach to lose their dinner while throwing down. One look at the quantity is all it takes for her to set the bar. "
I am not doing that."

Simple Intrigue: TN 17 to persuade her(assists welcome!)!

*"
Throwing down"
, is that an acceptable term for this setting?*

Last edited by 129 on Fri May 29, 2015 7:33 am; edited 3 times in total
Loreia
Loreia

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoren longshore Tue May 26, 2015 1:51 pm

Yoren had convinced himself that the afternoon would be best spent reading of capital gains for new economic theories. However, never one to be left out of a party Yoren decided to at least try to dress up and play a few games. Musty tomes does not disappear after all...

Costume Contest
His work for the costume contest is hastily thrown together from clothing he has stopped wearing and is not very impressive.
[url=costume][/url]: 6d6 19

Wrestling Contest
In a competition of strength Yoren has little to participate with-apart from entertainment when he is inevitably thrown to ground.
[url=wrestling][/url]: 6d6 19

Eating Contest
Yoren is not very fond of these sorts of activities, but he participates regardless-first proper meal in a week is hard to refuse...
[url=eat][/url]: 8d6k7 27

Juggling Contest
Yoren saw a few jugglers in his youth and thinks that he may try his hand at it, how hard can it be?
Very hard is the answer he gets as he barely manages three balls at the same time...
[url=juggling][/url]: 7d6k6 20

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Benedict Marsten Mon Jun 08, 2015 2:23 am

Loreia Merrgal wrote:Loreia decides that she will try her hand at the wrestling, though she doesn't expect she will get runner-up for it.

Wrestling Contest
1"

The festive atmosphere causes her to forget the backgrounds of some of the contenders, but once she loses and is out of the game, she's back to avoiding said contenders lest her mood consistently darken for the remainder of the event.

Eating Contest
She notices the food on display for an upcoming eating contest, understandably coming after the wrestling - wouldn't be desirable for some of the faint of stomach to lose their dinner while throwing down. One look at the quantity is all it takes for her to set the bar. "
I am not doing that."

*"
Throwing down"

Ellie "
The Starry Sky"
approaches Loreia as she protest the eating contest. Her small voice seems to brim with confidence. "
Surely you can best this. My mother used to say I 'ate like horse'. I know you could out eat a little girl and of course this evening you are a horse."
She puts her palm out upturned to gesture the costume, with a sly grin.

"
Besides I really would like to see you beat all those boys."
She looks at the motley table full of contestants.

(ooc: good luck. Very Happy )
Benedict Marsten
Benedict Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Loreia Mon Jun 08, 2015 4:19 am

"
Pfff, big talker,"
she nickers. "
I'd rather drink your weight in wine. You want me to try, how 'bout you enter too? Seems only fair..."
Loreia
Loreia

Back to top Go down

Post by Benedict Marsten Mon Jun 08, 2015 3:13 pm

Loreia Merrgal wrote:"
Pfff, big talker,"
she nickers. "
I'd rather drink your weight in wine. You want me to try, how 'bout you enter too? Seems only fair..."

Ben and Corrine would probably not approve.

She quickly glances around the area, craning her neck to see. When sure she recognized no one who would know her, she grins. "
Of course. It's only fair."

Ellie plops down on the bench and pats the empty seat next to her. Then readies to dig in.

[url=Out eating a horse][/url]: 5d6 16

After pigging out Ellie slips into line for the judging of costumes, wiping food off of her gown. Whoops. That may get me in trouble. Smiling to her self at how fun it was to go about disguised.

[url=Costume contest Disguise][/url]: 4d6 7 + [url=Costume contest Persausion][/url]: 6d6k4 19 = 26
Benedict Marsten
Benedict Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Loreia Mon Jun 08, 2015 11:13 pm

*Eating contest is Endurance(stamina)+Will(Dedication). Or is that all your dice pooled?*

Loreia sits as well. "
At least you're eager enough for the both of us. To beatin' the boys, then!"

[url=eating contest][/url]: 5d6+2 12
[url=eating contest(Will)][/url]: 5d6k4 12
end: 24

"
Sorry, don't know what's wrong with me today,"
she remarks, a little surprised at the lackluster performance of her constitution. She pushes on regardless, and manages to finish strong. She laughs when she notices Ellie making a small mess on her gown, then shrugs and leans back a little so that the mess on her livery is more visible, as if to say, "
look, me too."

Through the whole ordeal, she jostles around her mask, and manages to keep it from revealing her identity to anyone who hasn't heard her talk. Although, she reasons, who says it's got to be me? Could be a servant or a scullion parading about as a soldier... She joins the others in line, next to Ellie. "
Well, you're a little out of place, down here on the ground,"
she comments.
[url=costume(persuasion+deception)][/url]: 4d6 16
Loreia
Loreia

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Tue Jul 14, 2015 10:10 pm

[OOC: placeholder to maybe add a few NPCs]
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Wed Jul 15, 2015 6:53 am

Loreia Merrgal wrote:Loreia decides that she will try her hand at the wrestling, though she doesn't expect she will get runner-up for it.

Wrestling Contest
1"

Eating Contest
I am not doing that."

*"
Throwing down"

"
Come Gaurdswomen, Don't Let a little thing like this poor fare upset your delicate stomach!"
Jests the Septon, "
There is plenty of this sheep stomach of everyone whom wishes to test their mettle against a man of the faith!"
To which a series of jeers and cheers from the gathered crowd urge on Loriena into joining to competition.

[url=Convince loriena to join in on the eating contest][/url]: 5d6 15

(if any one could add in an assist that would be helpful!)
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Wed Jul 15, 2015 6:55 am

Wrestling Contest
1"

Eating Contest
I am not doing that."

*"
Throwing down"

"
Come Gaurdswomen, Don't Let a little thing like this poor fare upset your delicate stomach!"
Jests the Septon, "
There is plenty of this sheep stomach of everyone whom wishes to test their mettle against a man of the faith!"
To which a series of jeers and cheers from the gathered crowd urge on Loriena into joining to competition.

[url=Convince loriena to join in on the eating contest][/url]: 5d6 15

Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoren longshore Wed Jul 29, 2015 4:02 pm

So, this seems to be abandoned, but some PCs (including me) participated, so I made a list of awards:
Wrestling 35 ssJorah holt 15ss loreia Merrgal
eating 35ss Yoren 15s Loreia
juggling 35 ss Yoren 15ss Septon
costume35ss Septon 15ss Ellie
all over Yoren 50ss

And most importantly: Nathan is spreading some luvin'

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathaniel Mason Wed Jul 29, 2015 4:08 pm

I hadn't abandoned it. I was still waiting on Reader to add any NPCs as he said he was.

However it should probably be closed off.
Nathaniel Mason
Nathaniel Mason

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoren longshore Wed Jul 29, 2015 4:12 pm

Sorry Embarassed just saw a day 6 post unfinished...

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathaniel Mason Wed Jul 29, 2015 4:21 pm

Nothing to be sorry about. You're right, it should be finished.
Nathaniel Mason
Nathaniel Mason

Back to top Go down

Post by Loreia Sat Aug 01, 2015 3:43 pm

Septon Arlyn wrote:[url=Convince loriena to join in on the eating contest][/url]: 5d6 15

OOC: Ben and I decided to have his cohort handle it. If you like, we can handwave it as one of you assisting the other, though Ellien's PoP pretty much blows my passive Will(Dedication) out of the water she's so powerful.
Loreia
Loreia

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Sat Aug 01, 2015 3:46 pm

Sounds well enough to me., we will just call it an assist.
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down