Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[D6, ME-LE] Bartheld Party Commoner Conversation (Open)

2 posters

Go down

[D6, ME-LE] Bartheld Party Commoner Conversation (Open) Empty [D6, ME-LE] Bartheld Party Commoner Conversation (Open)

Post by Nathaniel Mason Mon May 25, 2015 9:57 am

Nathan moved about the long tables with confidence. It was nice to fall back into old habits. The feasting space for the common folk was certainly not as grand as what Fendrel had prepared for his noble guests, but Nathan would stack the good humor and camaraderie here against anything being offered elsewhere.

What Nathan loved about a feast was the smell. Spiced cider, braised meat, fresh baked bread, roasted potatoes and lots of it. There was something comforting about simple fare. He also loved the sound. People laughing, talking, arguing good-naturedly. Peoples problems seemed to fade for a short time after you'd stuffed them to the eyes with food.

A ripple of soft applause went through the crowd as the juggling contest began. Nathan looked to the stage and smiled when he saw who it was.

"
This should be interesting."
Nathaniel Mason
Nathaniel Mason

Back to top Go down

[D6, ME-LE] Bartheld Party Commoner Conversation (Open) Empty Re: [D6, ME-LE] Bartheld Party Commoner Conversation (Open)

Post by Septon Arlyn Mon May 25, 2015 4:28 pm

"
Oh ho ho, here we go!"
laughs Septon Arlyn as he attempts to keep the rocks spinning in the air. Laughing at another contestant bumps him into the process of trying to keep his own objects in the air the septon manages to right himself all the while keeping the rocks flowing like small black moons orbiting around his head. As he looks out across the crowd of small folk he thinks he notices a face that has been consistently around the learned people and nobles.

[url=roll to notice nathniel][/url]: 3d6 13
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

[D6, ME-LE] Bartheld Party Commoner Conversation (Open) Empty Re: [D6, ME-LE] Bartheld Party Commoner Conversation (Open)

Post by Nathaniel Mason Mon May 25, 2015 8:16 pm

[Nathan's passive Stealth is 13, and he is not hiding in any way, so there is no reason you would not notice him moving about the crowd.]
Nathaniel Mason
Nathaniel Mason

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Mon May 25, 2015 8:33 pm

OOC, Well he is in costume correct? I was trying to recognize him though the costume whilst being distracted by trying to juggle.

"
Hello,"
says Septon arlyn nodding towards Nathaniel, trying to maintain the stones swirling in the air. "
Its good to see you here with the humble folk. I do not think I have had the pleasure to meet your acquaintance yet, I am Septon Arlyn of house Dulver."
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathaniel Mason Mon May 25, 2015 8:47 pm

[OOC: He is wearing a small mask, but it does nothing to hide his identity. He is moving about the party helping serve, and gently maintain order.]

"
A pleasure to meet you, Septon."
the young man smiles. "
I have yet to meet anyone from House Dulver. I am happy you decided to join our festivities. So many of the Seven look on our little party as frivolous at least and gravely sinful at worst. Please join me for a drink when you have the time."
Nathaniel Mason
Nathaniel Mason

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Mon May 25, 2015 9:12 pm

"
The seven love the festivities of he common folk,"
replies the Septon. "
I will likely be joining you shortly. Frankly I'm amazed myself at how well I'm doing in these contests"
replies the septon, giving a wink to Nathaniel.

After a few minutes the septon is knocked out of the juggling compitention and comes to join Nathaniel where he is sitting. "
Do we have any grog here. I'm feeling in a need some serious substance after all that excitement."
He poors himself some of the thick mixture into a cup and takes some thick dregs, "
Tastes like thick piss,"
The septon replies merrly,"
Must mean its a damn fine vintage does it not boys?"
asks the septon to everyone and no one at the same time. After cracking a few more off color jokes and having the crowd almost at an uproar of good cheer the Septon turns to nathenial. "
I do not believe that we have met yet. May I get your name?"
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathaniel Mason Mon May 25, 2015 9:27 pm

Nathan laughs. "
Sorry Septum. Given the rampant rumors about me this Tourney, I thought everyone knew me. Nathaniel Mason at your service. You seem to be enjoying yourself. I'm glad. There are many great feasts this week, but it's nice to have one that the smallfolk enjoy."

[OOC: During the conversation thread, there will be times where a page, server or guard will come up to whisper something in Nathan's ear, to which he will nod, shake his head, or give short instructions.]
Nathaniel Mason
Nathaniel Mason

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Mon May 25, 2015 9:55 pm

"
Ah so you are the boy Nathaniel. Now it is coming together. You were one of the ones that argued at the maesters meeting. I'm sorry I could not have been in attendance, it sounded like between you and master daveth that you were able to convince that gaggle of old crotchety geese about the coming of winter. If you are correct my boy you will have saved thousands of small folk, for that alone I am grateful for your aid (improve disposition to friendly with Nathaniel.) So what brings such a bright young man like yourself to this tourney? Do you have lord you currently serve?"
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathaniel Mason Mon May 25, 2015 10:22 pm

[Nathan is amiable with Septom Arlyn due to his participation in the contests.]

"
Thank you for your kindness. I would not see others suffer when a few words on my part could perhaps prevent it."

"
Well, to be honest, I originally came for the fun,"
smiles Nathan. "
but it seems I have been drawn into the politics of the event. I am with House Bartheld, and currently support Lord Davain in protecting his rights. Like us, he is a man dedicated to his people. A good and contentious man. Certainly not perfect, of course, but not the martinet others would have people believe, just as Fendrel is not the dilettante some would have people believe. It is my hope that the matter will be settled soon. Without a clear winner, it's likely the damaging rift will continue and all under House Bartheld's banner will suffer."
Nathaniel Mason
Nathaniel Mason

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Mon May 25, 2015 10:46 pm

Aye, to be done with this rift would be a great thing indeed. The ones who suffer the most from these rifts and conflicts are the ones who least can afford it."
the Septon lowers his voice to a whisper and gestures out to the small folk laughing and playing and singing loudly and off key "
These good people care little for the wars of lords, all they want is to live peacefully and raise their little ones, hoping that their offspring's life will be better then theirs. I will tell you something Nathaniel, I worry. These wars over succession can be long and bloody, and its the blood of the small folk who get spilled the most, on the battlefield and off. If there is anything that you can have to do to help prevent the common people from suffering, let me know and if its in my power I will that that it happens."
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathaniel Mason Mon May 25, 2015 11:20 pm

"
Perhaps there is something you might help with."
replies Nathan with thought.

"
Septon, I have done my best for Lord Davain, but I admit my presence has hurt the man as well."
he smiles wryly. "
You see, if you do not know already, you will soon learn that I work for The Rutting Boar;
the famed brothel. I carry no shame in this. I have dedicated my life to bringing pleasure and respite to others. The Mother has been very generous to me both in body and mind;
and the Crone has, I think, given me the wisdom to use those gifts as effectively as I can. I know the Faith's position on such things. I know that much of what I do would be considered a sin, perhaps even blasphemy, but I feel in my heart that the world is a better place for the comfort I give to others.

Naturally, my opponents use my profession as a weapon against Lord Davain. They spread lies about my influence over him... or perhaps even more. Often I cannot even have a simple friendship without there being whispers of carnal association. Nothing could be farther from the truth in many cases. While my profession has given me many advantages, the very stigma of it weighs heavily on me and everything I do.

If someone like you were to support Lord Davain, perhaps many of those lies would melt away. Perhaps the man may not be the best choice in the eyes of some nobles, but he is absolutely the best choice for those of the common people. Look at what enjoyment can be provided for a few gold dragons, and do not tell me that many of the noblest blood would not enjoy themselves here just as much. Cannot hospitality be offered without succumbing to vanity?

Perhaps I ask too much. Perhaps it is best that those of the Faith stay neutral. If I have overstepped, I ask your forgiveness. I mean no insult, but i would be remiss in my duty to Lord Davain and my own beliefs if I did not ask."
Nathaniel Mason
Nathaniel Mason

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Tue May 26, 2015 2:11 am

Aye you have made many good points this evening. The common people and the nobles are not so very different if you change the scale of things. Think about the lowly ant. Do you think it matters if it's a noblemen's boot or a common man's that treds on his ant hill? Nay they are the same to him. Just as the sun will continue to rise and set no matter of that man has rode a dragon or tilled the field. You have given me much to think about young Nathaniel and I thank you for that. Let me pray on your proposal. For now I must go visit the tent of the nobles. I have some of my lords business to attend to.
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathaniel Mason Tue May 26, 2015 2:34 am

"
Of course Septon."
says Nathan as he smiles and rises. "
I wish you a good evening."

The poor Septon had probably been scandalized by Nathan's directness. He'd completely glossed over the subject. Not surprising. A man of the Faith could hardly endorse either whoring or buggery. At least Nathan had not gotten a sermon. Well, he had asked... and if the man had not agreed, at least he had not refused him. Nathan had planted many seeds this week. Only time and patience would reveal which would grow and flower.

With a slight shrug Nathan returns to his mingling and chatting.
Nathaniel Mason
Nathaniel Mason

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down