Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Day 6: ME-LE] Bartheld Party Thread! (Open)

+12
Daveth Coldbrook
Dyana Marsten
Theomore Tullison
Dunstan Tullison
Athelstan
Yoren longshore
Kevan Lyras
Loreia
Benedict Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten
Reader
Jon Cobb
16 posters

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

[Day 6: ME-LE] Bartheld Party Thread! (Open) Empty [Day 6: ME-LE] Bartheld Party Thread! (Open)

Post by Jon Cobb Mon May 25, 2015 10:08 pm

A large portion of the Bartheld encampment has been fenced off with fine velvet rope, marking the outer limits of the masked ball for the nobility and their personal guests. Gaily colored lanterns light up the area, while still leaving significant parts suggestively shadowed.

A large central pavilion is the venue for feasting, drinking and much hobnobbing. It is here that the steady stream of guests comes to be announced to their Bartheld hosts, but it is a most curious form of introduction that the herald provides. A typical introduction might be: "
My lords Bartheld, honored guests. We are now joined by...a Parrot and his Dread Pirate!"

The pavilion opens out onto a large open air dance floor, where skilled musicians play pieces both old and new, to delight dancers of all ages and levels of fitness. Scattered around the encampment, far enough apart so as not to disturb each other, are mummers of every type, from fire-eaters and jugglers to singers that will play any song a guest may care to request. An amusingly risqué puppet show draws many watchers, and everyone is eagerly awaiting the promised jousting dwarfs.

The whole affair is kept running by a small army of liveried serving staff, who are in constant rotation to make sure that no one runs out of drink or food. Watching over everyone are Bartheld guardsmen, resplendent in polished armor and newly washed surcoats.

[OOC: The purpose of this thread is to give everyone who attends a place to post any conversations, events or intrigues they're involved in. There are no planned events, this is just a stage for whatever you feel like getting up to.

Everyone is encouraged to describe their costume and to add detail to the ball by mentioning entertainments they watch or partake in, other guests of note, and so on and so forth. Intrigue and loose conduct is highly encouraged - House Bartheld has a reputation to uphold!

Since this is a double slot, it should be permissible for everyone to participate in two "
major scenes"
, i.e. direct intrigues/negotiations and/or combat. There is no limit on how much simple socializing you can get in* - so, everybody mingle and enjoy the party!

*Pending approval by Reader.]

Last edited by 117 on Mon May 25, 2015 11:37 pm; edited 1 time in total

Jon Cobb

Back to top Go down

[Day 6: ME-LE] Bartheld Party Thread! (Open) Empty Re: [Day 6: ME-LE] Bartheld Party Thread! (Open)

Post by Reader Mon May 25, 2015 11:00 pm

[OOC: very much approved. This, House Marsten's recruitment drive and Yoren's competing religious speeches with Septon Arlyn, and Athelstan are exactly the kind of player driven event your objectives are intended to stimulate.]
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

[Day 6: ME-LE] Bartheld Party Thread! (Open) Empty Re: [Day 6: ME-LE] Bartheld Party Thread! (Open)

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Tue May 26, 2015 12:00 am

Corrine has to force herself to walk, rather than scamper excitedly to the party, as she arrives with Ser Benedict Blackthorne, and his sister, Ellie.

They are all dressed in outfits Corrine chose for them earlier. Ben is dressed in a black doublet, decorated with oak leaf detail in silver thread, a white shirt, grey lambswool breeches, high black boots and a silver-tipped black sword belt. His mask is a white hart with silver antlers, and a small silver lightning bolt painted at the top of the forehead.

Corrine, arm-in-arm with her betrothed, wears a gold-coloured filigree fox mask, and a gorgeous crimson velvet ballgown with a flocked bodice with sweetheart neckline, full skirt, matching flocked slippers, and a half cape, lined with fox fur. The cape is fastened at one shoulder with a gold brooch, dotted with garnets, and she similarly wears garnet and gold jewellery.

Ellie, following along by Ben's side, is in an ivory-coloured mask, decorated with gold and silver stars, and a pretty ivory organza dress to match, with an empire waist skirt, gold &
silver trim and ivory satin slippers.

"
Did I choose well enough?"
she asks Ben &
Ellie, referring to their outfits.
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Benedict Marsten Tue May 26, 2015 12:26 am

Ben snickers behind his mask leaning in to whisper. "
Quite fitting Huntress. Impeccable taste as always. You look splendid as well."
He pulls back to speak in a normal tone. "
Thank you for the sweet note."

Ellie's head whips toward the two. "
What? He got a note too. Oh! Of course he did. Thank you my lady, this the nicest dress I have ever owned. Its beautiful and the mask is gorgeous."
Benedict Marsten
Benedict Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Tue May 26, 2015 12:35 am

Benedict Blackthorne wrote:Ben snickers behind his mask leaning in to whisper. "
Quite fitting Huntress. Impeccable taste as always. You look splendid as well."
He pulls back to speak in a normal tone. "
Thank you for the sweet note."

Ellie's head whips toward the two. "
What? He got a note too. Oh! Of course he did. Thank you my lady, this the nicest dress I have ever owned. Its beautiful and the mask is gorgeous."

"
Thank you, Ben. You look even more handsome in that outfit than I had even imagined,"
she replied cheerfully, the mask hiding the blush on her cheeks.

"
It's my pleasure, Ellie. I'm glad you like it. If it helps, you got a different note,"
she offers in consolation for her discovering that she had not been the only recipient of a note with her outfit.
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Tue May 26, 2015 4:33 am

The septon comes in rather late and is sweaty from all of the exertions from the peasant games his mask of the fool recently returned to it's rightful position over his face instead of gracing his brow so he could breath. He takes a quick scan around the room looking for Jon Cobb, Ruben Piper, a prominent merchant, Hubert the Seneschal or Lady Alysane Tully, hoping to find someone who was willing to negotiate for the orphanage. besides thinks the septon the lord dulverv was very specific that he wanted a trade arrangement as part of his deal to assist in funding the orphanage

Ooc may need a reader assist to play the NC

Last edited by 167 on Tue May 26, 2015 5:10 am; edited 3 times in total
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Loreia Tue May 26, 2015 4:45 am

Loreia comes dressed in what all the soldiers and guards in attendance get to wear to the party: a soldier's livery with her house sigil and colors. A grey equine mask of mediocre design covers her face, completing the ensemble. She has, with great regret, parted with her sword, shield, dagger and armor for the event.

So many masks, she laments, at the same time bemoaning inwardly that she didn't have the good sense to ask what Jon or Kevan would be wearing. However, she remembers that Jon walks around with a silver maul half her height and as comparably thick. Now how do I find Kevan?

Thankfully, she notices a diminutive figure in a dress meeting with a man in a black doublet and a lady in a red dress. She excuses herself from Daveth and Edwin to seek her out - for it must be a she who wears dress, yes? There, she'll know, or she'll point me to someone who does. It's Ellien... Please let that be Ellien.

She clears her throat a little to grab the attention of all three. "
Excuse me, um...apologies, I don't mean to offend...hang it all."
She bows to the woman in red. "
Lady Corrine, please tell me that's you."

It's hard to miss that the voice belongs to a female northerner, if the tonality of the speaker and their livery are any indication, and Coldbrook livery at that.
Loreia
Loreia

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Tue May 26, 2015 4:57 am

Corrine recognises Loreia's voice, and greets her with a warm smile.

"
Loreia! It is indeed I. It is good to see you! How have you been?"
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Loreia Tue May 26, 2015 5:27 am

"
I've been great, thank you,"
she sighs with relief. "
The Barthelds clearly know how to throw a party. If I may say so, you just look perfect in that red dress."
Loreia
Loreia

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Tue May 26, 2015 5:32 am

"
Thank you. That is most kind of you to say,"
Corrine replied with a grateful bow of her head. "
I like your mask,"
she adds with a sincere smile. Shr glances round at the other guests for a moment;

"
I must confess I have never been to a Bartheld party before. I understand the House is famous for them. Have you attended one before?"
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Loreia Tue May 26, 2015 5:56 am

She shakes her head. "
No, this's a first for me too. I don't usually bother with balls and fancy dress, but I was invited by a friend."

She looks down at the shorter girl now, "
I thought that might be Ellien. Evenin', Lady Blackthorne,"
she bows. "
And,"
then she looks back toward the man in black for the first time, "
is that Ser Benedict?"
Loreia
Loreia

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevan Lyras Tue May 26, 2015 6:13 am

The party is already in full swing, when Kevan enters the Bartheld Pavilion. His large silhouette is covered by a white blanket and on his hands, he wears matching white gloves. His face, lying in the shadow of his hood is painted dark black, in a way that his features are not recognizable, while still allowing him to consume the offered refreshments without problems.
One can quickly recognize that his masquerade is a last minute effort by himself, but he tried hard to make it look acceptable.
Hah, Septa Heloise was not happy I abused one of her white linen, but at least she helped me preparing...

He gets a drink from one of the waiters and observes the crowd.
Hm, so how do I find that guardwoman?

Kevan Lyras

Back to top Go down

Post by Jon Cobb Tue May 26, 2015 10:26 am

So Spake Herald Harlan
"
My lords and ladies, House Bartheld is honored by the attendance The White Hart, a Red Fox, and the Starry Sky itself!"
the herald calls out as Benedict, Corinne and Ellie make their entrance.

Soon after, the arrival of Septon Arlyn and Loreia Prompts the herald to announce "
...a Fat Fool and a Coldbrook Stallion!"

"
Honored guests, my lords Bartheld, guard your eyes well this night, for a fearsome White Walker now stalks this merry feast!"
is the welcome accorded to Ser Kevan.

Jon
Jon watches them all arrive with an amused smile. He is richly dressed for the evening in a finely embroidered black doublet, worn over a red silk shirt and dark hose. Draped over his shoulders, with its arms tied to his wrists, is a great bearskin cloak. His face and hair are concealed by a brown leather hood with an affixed half mask in the shape of a snarling - or perhaps grinning - bear. His silvered maul is conspicuously absent this evening.

A fat fool, eh? With a belly of that magnitude, I wouldn't be suprised if it turns out to be Septon Arlyn, come to enjoy the fare of the wealthy. I wonder if he enjoys other pleasures of the flesh besides food and drink?

Ah, and there's Loreia, he thinks, sniggering quietly when the herald announces her as a Coldbrook Stallion.

A White Walker? The herald is being charitable. Looks more like a man dressed up in his bedsheets!

Not far away, he noticed Ser Fendrel conversing with a fine-figured woman wearing a green gown, with blond hair streaming down her back and her face barely hidden behind a delicate, birdlike mask. Fendrel himself was wearing a bold outfit in red, orange and yellow, with a red mask in the shape of a grinning, hellish imp.

Raising his goblet in acknowledgement to Ser Fendrel, Jon returned to scrutinizing the arriving guests. Specifically, he was watching for the arrival of a silver bird and an ice queen...

Last edited by 117 on Sun Jun 28, 2015 10:41 pm; edited 2 times in total

Jon Cobb

Back to top Go down

Post by Benedict Marsten Tue May 26, 2015 2:05 pm

Loreia Merrgal wrote:She shakes her head. "
No, this's a first for me too. I don't usually bother with balls and fancy dress, but I was invited by a friend."

She looks down at the shorter girl now, "
I thought that might be Ellien. Evenin', Lady Blackthorne,"
she bows. "
And,"
then she looks back toward the man in black for the first time, "
is that Ser Benedict?"

Ellie curtsies gracefully. "
Good evening Loriea. I really like your mask."
Her small voice is muffled by the mask but her excitement can still be heard.

Ben gives a quick bow. "
Aye, it is me. Good evening. I would wager that a minute someone"
he turns in Ellie's direction. "
was the give away to you?"
Benedict Marsten
Benedict Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoren longshore Tue May 26, 2015 2:22 pm

Yoren comes to the party looking quite uncomfortable. His mask is a simple piece with little ornament that makes it seem like it is a dog, or maybe it is a Weasel?
When he comes he finds himself a spot in the back end of the tent, with his back to the wall. His eyes are darting around, careful to not make eye contact that may be viewed as an insult.

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Loreia Tue May 26, 2015 3:33 pm

Benedict Blackthorne wrote:Ben gives a quick bow. "
Aye, it is me. Good evening. I would wager that a minute someone"
he turns in Ellie's direction. "
was the give away to you?"
She bows back. "
Not very hard to guess. She's my savin' grace tonight, actually. There's another guest here from House Marsten I'm lookin' for, and I thought once I found the right 'minute someone', she might lead me to Lady Corrine. It was a narrow chance, I admit, though I've only ever seen her takin' after you, Corrine. Not to say you aren't a gem yourself,"
she adds beaming at the little girl.

"
Hold on, isn't your family name also 'Blackthorne'?"
she asks the sworn sword.
Loreia
Loreia

Back to top Go down

Post by Benedict Marsten Tue May 26, 2015 4:03 pm

A bit of panic catches in Bens throat. "
uh... Yes. Yes Ellie is my sister. I can see where the confusion lies. Ellie has of recent been glued to my lady's side."
He shoots Corrine a glance as he turns to Ellie.
"
You see people have been begun to recognize you as lady Corrine's lady in waiting instead of my sister."

Ellie just shrugs. "
So. My lady is more interesting than you thats all."
She teases.
Benedict Marsten
Benedict Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Loreia Tue May 26, 2015 4:38 pm

Benedict Blackthorne wrote:A bit of panic catches in Bens throat. "
uh... Yes. Yes Ellie is my sister. I can see where the confusion lies. Ellie has of recent been glued to my lady's side."
He shoots Corrine a glance as he turns to Ellie.
"
You see people have been begun to recognize you as lady Corrine's lady in waiting instead of my sister."

Ellie just shrugs. "
So. My lady is more interesting than you thats all."
She teases.
This elicits a subdued laugh from Loreia. Her reaction has her responding to Ellien, then Benedict, and then Corrine, in short order. "
Aren't you sharp-tongued! There's no confusion, ser, I'm only pleased to meet this little lioness' handsome older brother - who, by his brilliant reasonin'..."

Lady Corrine, is this man 'promised' to you?"
Loreia is only barely aware that House Marsten's sole heir is a woman. She is mildly taken aback by her deduction, and a hint in her features of a positive attitude manifests from her thoughts towards her realization.

Last edited by 129 on Wed Jun 03, 2015 10:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Loreia
Loreia

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Tue May 26, 2015 5:15 pm

Corrine smiles broadly;

"
Indeed, Loreia. Ser Benedict and I are betrothed. Pending the approval of our liege lord, we will be married here in a couple of weeks,"
she replied, with an air of pride.
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevan Lyras Tue May 26, 2015 5:17 pm

When the herald announced Kevan's arrival, he answerer with a laugh. That man is a genius, or is it he had seen his fair share of horrible costumes at these Bartheld parties to cover it up so well?

He grabs two crabmeat pies from a waiter's plate and made them disappear in the dark opening of his hood. He made his way through the dancing crowd towards Ser Jon.
"
Great Beast of the Woods, here is a white walker that would like to thank you for the invitation to this nice party!"

Kevan Lyras

Back to top Go down

Post by Loreia Tue May 26, 2015 5:45 pm

"
You like him, then. That's lovely. Congratulations to you both,"
she bows.

What a lucky little girl you are, she thinks to herself. Your brother's marrying a good friend of yours, and you'll be welcomed into the family of a noble house, further from the possibility of losing him too early in life - well, further than the ravages of the far north would allow.

"
Well, it's been nice chattin', but that person I told you I need to find'll be waitin' for me - Ser Kevan Lyras. Do you know what he's wearin', or what sort of mask, by chance?"

Last edited by 129 on Tue May 26, 2015 6:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Loreia
Loreia

Back to top Go down

Post by Athelstan Tue May 26, 2015 6:24 pm

Athelstan arrives arm-in-arms with a woman silver color mask of a hawk, and a flowing long teal gown decorated with silver waves that make her dress seem like it constantly in motion, with a sleeveless flocked lace bodice baring shoulders with sheer trumpet, full skirt with silver slippers and proper silver and pearls jewelry.

Athelstan is dressed in a teal doublet, with matching silver waves thread over a white shirt, with matching breeches, high black boots and a half white cape. Matching his outfit to hers, and wears the mask similar to the one Corrine helped him pick, but in silver with a hawk in the middle and wings spread open across his forehead.

Athelstan ignores the few stares coming his way, noticing Yoren in the back by himself, like he will probably end up if he continues down his crazy fire worshiping and empty handed on top of that.

[url=Persuasion (Charm)][/url]: 3d6k3 13

"
You look ravaging"
Athelstan winks at her "
Your choice of accessories is quite entertaining also"
pointing at himself "
making her laugh and taking her into the dance floor, waving Corrine and Ser Benedict as they pass them by to the dance floor.

Athelstan

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Jorah Holt Tue May 26, 2015 8:43 pm

Ser Jorah arrived clad in a a red cockatrice mask that extended down towards his chest with black and gold shirt and trousers with a black snake leading up to the beak of the mask. The cut of the clothes emphasised his muscles, with a red cloak was slung over his shoulders. It wasn't that well known that his mother was from Dorne, so his identity would not be obvious.

He stepped into the pavilion and looked around, trying to place whom had already arrived.

Ser Jorah Holt

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Tue May 26, 2015 9:06 pm

Septon Arlyn enjoys some of the finer fare as he glances around the ball, looking for Hubert. Its funny the septon thinks to himself how amoung all these fancy dresses and frilly suits the one whom I look for is in a common costume. It shows how all these lords and ladies can pretend to have power and knowledge, yet it is the simple man standing behind them who often give them the knowledge that gives them the power they crave. This is why Lord Dulver sent me to treat with this man, knowing how highly the Lord Tully values his opinion.

As he scans the crowd again he notices a middle aged man in a simple half moon mask, sticking closely to the head of the room, appearing to observe the lords and ladies and only coming up to whisper in a single costumed mans ear, a man with a trout on his head.

I believe that is my man

As he approaches the man slowly, ensuring to stop by the lords and ladies tables and offer jokes regarding his own and their costumes, he makes his way to the seneschal, grabbing two glasses of wine off a servers tray as he passes and offers one the man he believes is Hubert.

"
Good evening,"
says the Septon as he stands next to the man. "
I see you have yourself a magnificent costume, may I commend you on your style."

[url=Charm hubert?][/url]: 6d6k5 16

[url=Charm hurbert status 3or less?][/url]: 7d6k5 27

(if it is Hubert)

"
You see my lord has some goods that he is willing to sell, for a reasonable price of course. He sent me as an envoy to open up some trade between our lands. If your lord is willing I am sure that we can arrange something that is mutually beneficial to our lords and lands. So what say you? Are you willing to speak with our lord regarding some matters of trade between House Dulver And House Tully?"

[url=Negotiate with hurbert][/url]: 5d6 20

[url=negotiate with hubert status <
3][/url]: 6d6k5 21
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Tue May 26, 2015 9:08 pm

Loreia Merrgal wrote:"
You like him, then. That's lovely. Congratulations to you both,"
she bows.

What a lucky little girl you are, she thinks to herself. Your brother's marrying a good friend of yours, and you'll be welcomed into the family of a noble house, further from the possibility of losing him too early in life - well, further than the ravages of the far north would allow.

"
Well, it's been nice chattin', but that person I told you I need to find'll be waitin' for me - Ser Kevan Lyras. Do you know what he's wearin', or what sort of mask, by chance?"

"
I think that's him in the white sheet,"
Corrine replied, gesturing after glancing around.
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next