Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Epilogue] EVENT: Speeches & Gift-Giving (Open)

+8
Baelon Drakeson
Gwyneth Drakeson
Daveth Coldbrook
Dyana Marsten
Ser Jorah Holt
Loreia
Reader
Lady Corrine Marsten
12 posters

Go down

[Epilogue] EVENT: Speeches &
Gift-Giving (Open) Empty [Epilogue] EVENT: Speeches & Gift-Giving (Open)

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Thu Aug 06, 2015 1:47 pm

[ooc: this is my first time constructing an event. Please be gentle.]

During the feast, celebrating the two weddings, attendees can make a speech, give a gift (or both!), to win the approval of the newlyweds and their hosts.

*Status roll (TN12) to accompany speeches
Participants can gain +1 to the main roll if they pass (TN12) a supplementary Knowledge (how well do you know them?), Persuasion (Charm - it can go a long way!), or Deception (do you want to subtly manipulate them?) roll.
If the target's disposition towards you is Amiable or higher, you may add +1B to the main roll.
Winner receives +1 Glory.

*Knowledge roll (TN12) to accompany gift-giving. Knowing the right gift to give is important!
Participants can gain +1 to the main roll if they pass (TN12) a supplementary Awareness (how observant are you of the recipients), Cunning (giving a witty/apt gift?), or Status (access to better quality gifts) roll.
If you can justify knowing a member of the couple well, you may add +1B to the main roll.
Winner receives +1 Glory.

Only one supplementary roll can be chosen for each main roll. You may add +1B for relevant specialities, like Memory or Education.

You may target both couples in your speech, but if you win, your Glory only counts once.

Assists are permitted.

The 2 sets of newlyweds can give gifts/speeches to eachother, if desired.

For both rolls:

>
4 DoS: Raise disposition of Lord Gorman Tully, Lady Alysanne Tully, or Ser Eoric Tully by 1 step.

Failure: It's all a bit awkward. -1 on your next Persuade or Status roll involving an attendee of this party.

Critical Failure: You make a huge faux pas. -2 to your next Persuade or Status roll involving an attendee of this party, and reduce the disposition of House Tully by 1 step.

Last edited by 151 on Fri Aug 07, 2015 9:43 am; edited 2 times in total
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Gift-Giving (Open) Empty Re: [Epilogue] EVENT: Speeches & Gift-Giving (Open)

Post by Reader Thu Aug 06, 2015 9:48 pm

[OOC: this has official narrator approval.]
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Fri Aug 07, 2015 2:19 am

Corrine and Ben present Baelon &
Gwyn with a large rosewood box, containing, within protective purple satin slips, an elegantly wrought crystal carafe and matching wine glasses. The crystal is decorated with hand-etched dragons &
stars, and around the carafe's neck is etched the words "
May you never thirst,"
in a delicate script.

"
To celebrate your future prosperity,"
Corrine explains, glowingly. "
It's from Ben, myself, and Ellie."

[url=Status][/url]: 4d6 9 (+4 from bonus dice below) = 13
[url=Knowledge - Gift Giving (Gwylon)][/url]: 4d6k3 11 +2 from bonus dice, +3 for Ben &
Ellie's assist.
[url=Bonus speciality dice that I forgot (Breeding &
Education)][/url]: 2d6 5,2

Total = 16
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Loreia Fri Aug 07, 2015 2:00 pm

Gifts: Ben and Corrine
Daveth Coldbrook wrote:"
You're welcome, Lord Benedict. Enjoy the day."
Daveth doesn't seem overtly upset or angry, and doesn't seem to be ignoring the new Lord Marsten. If anything, he simply seems a bit distracted. Still, after his short, simple words, he leaves to join the main party.
Following Daveth is Loreia, carrying a threadbare brown sack with some weight to it, something plain as if she'd gone out and done some last-minute browsing in the market for a gift. She approaches and bows, smiling weakly as her eyes meet Ben's.

"
My Lord an' Lady Marsten, congratulations to you both on the wedding. I have something for each of you in honor of the day."

Despite the unimpressive sack, it's soon clear that Loreia's a woman who values finery as much as practicality, as she produces a pair of gloves of a remarkable quality, made of dark leather decorated with steel studs. "
In the North, it's said that the one who passes sentence must swing the sword. Hands hold swords, and a lord's actions speak louder than his decrees."
Some of what she's saying seems rehearsed, but she's clearly enjoying herself, like she's in a mummer's play. "
It's my hope that these gloves'll underline the weight of this to everyone you meet."

Next, she pulls out a pair of fine boots. "
An' something for you, your ladyship. Boots made with goat hide to keep your feet dry an' protected from the rain, an' fur from the same to keep your feet warm durin' winter."

Though I'm sure you can find a more creative use for them.

[url=Awareness(Empathy)][/url]: 4d6k3 15

[url=Gift][/url]: 2d6+1(Empathy) 9 [url=+1B][/url]: 1d6 +2 = 11
OOC: Well I knew this might happen. I think it would be most appropriate if I took a -1 vs my next Persuade/Status with Ellien. Unless, being close to Daveth who has personal experience in trying to school Ben on how to be a proper authority figure, and my confrontation in the sept, might I get that bonus die? Unless Daveth would like to assist, if he doesn't have a good gift lined up or wasn't about to try. If he can't get higher than 1 DoS, I may have to spend DP anyway.

*Rolled bonus die from previous, personal acquaintance. Result is 1 off. I will assign my penalty to Ellie. Most appropriate.*

Change: Not Ellie. The penalty will be for Lady Isobel and I'm changing her disposition to Dislike.

Last edited by 129 on Thu Jun 30, 2016 7:53 am; edited 2 times in total
Loreia
Loreia

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Fri Aug 07, 2015 4:09 pm

[ooc: you've been around Corrine a fair bit too, so I think the bonus dice is justified. If Daveth is willing to assist, I think you add half his rank in the skill, rounded down, so you'd get at least a +1]
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Jorah Holt Fri Aug 07, 2015 5:41 pm

ooc
Do I get a +1B for having trained Ben?

Ser Jorah Holt

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Fri Aug 07, 2015 7:36 pm

Ser Jorah Holt wrote:
ooc
Do I get a +1B for having trained Ben?

[ooc: Yes. ]
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Dyana Marsten Fri Aug 07, 2015 7:41 pm

[OOC: Do I get a +1B for being family? :3]

Dyana Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Daveth Coldbrook Fri Aug 07, 2015 8:20 pm

(Might need a little historical revisionism here, but ah, well)
[url=Wedding gift - Cunning (TN12)][/url]: 4d6 14 +1 to main roll
[url=Wedding gift - Knowledge (Edu) (TN12)][/url]: 6d6k4+1 19 2 DoS

For the new Lord Marsten, Daveth gifts a scabbard, with black thorns wrapped around a red mountain at the base, while most of the rest is taken up by the Marsten arms. At the point where the scabbard would be held when drawing are three carefully artificed figures. One male, one female, and a smaller female figure on the male's side, made in such a way as to provide a comfortable and firm grip, for an easy draw. It is notable that there is definitely space around those figures for their numbers to be expanded upon without compromising the grip.

For Lady Marsten, he provides a small plant. "
It may not look like much now, but with time and good caretaking, it will grow into a large, beautiful, and fruitful tree. Berries, if you were wondering."

(Edit: Okay, I'm clearly never getting a decent idea for a gift for the Drakesons, so I'm handwaving it and giving them 'something' that's a bit better than a card that says 'I got you a house, I think that'll do' :;
): . I'm unclear as to if they should be a separate roll, but others have done, so I will too, for all that the only way I'll win is if the Maester doesn't post his rolls in time and is disqualified.)
[url=Wedding gift for Drakesons - Cunning (TN12)][/url]: 4d6 10 no bonus
[url=Wedding gift to Drakesons - Knowledge (Ed) (TN12)][/url]: 6d6k4 18

[url=Wedding speech - Knowledge (Edu) - TN12][/url]: 5d6k4 14 +1 to main roll
[url=Wedding Speech - Status (TN12)][/url]: 4d6k2+2 13 (+1 from above, +1 from Heir, +1B since I'm pretty sure at least most of you are Amiable, and -1D from Influence cap.)

Later, when toasts are being thrown around, Daveth manages to assemble a few words.

"
Life is a strange journey. We can plan and predict all we like, what actually happens typically surprises all of us. As such, there are relatively few 'sure things' in this world. But we can all be sure already that these two couples have such love for each other that they stand on the strongest of foundations to build the most prosperous of futures, for both their houses."
he raises his glass. "
To the future."

Last edited by 133 on Fri Aug 21, 2015 12:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Daveth Coldbrook
Daveth Coldbrook

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Fri Aug 07, 2015 8:21 pm

Dyana Marsten wrote:[OOC: Do I get a +1B for being family? :3]

[ooc: of course, silly goose. :3]
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwyneth Drakeson Fri Aug 07, 2015 10:00 pm

Gwyneth and Baelon approach Corrine and her husband, and unveil a fine carved stained and polished wooden plaque which is engraved with a stylized mountain, with enameled names at intervals along it. A family tree for the Marsten clan, in fact, currently terminating with Corrine, Dyana, and Gwyneth herself...with the marriages now being celebrated included on them. Dropping down from Corrine and Benedict's union is a vertical line...and enough space to include a number of coming generations.

"
So that we may remember our roots, while always looking forward to what is to come,"
she says, eschewing speeches and grand gestures for something simpler and more heartfelt.

Damn, I'm glad the die rolling part of this scenario is nearly over. Mah luck has turned sour! :?
[url=Status in Gift giving][/url]: 5d6k4+1 8
[url=Persuade (Charm) to get bonus to Status in gift giving][/url]: 6d6k4 10
[url=Hotness reroll of 1s][/url]: 2d6 9
[url=Knowledge in gift giving][/url]: 4d6k3+1 15
[url=Awareness (empathy) in gift giving to get bonus to knowledge][/url]: 6d6k4 18
Gwyneth Drakeson
Gwyneth Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Baelon Drakeson Fri Aug 07, 2015 11:14 pm

Gwyneth Marsten wrote:Gwyneth and Baelon approach Corrine and her husband <
snip>

"
It is my dearest hope that our families will forever be friends and allies, and that our children and our children's children will be as close as you, "
Baelon gestures at Corrine "
and my darling lady wife are."

[OOC: With my assists, That makes 9 for the Speech/Status test and 16 for the Knowledge... not enough to make the Status a success or (shockingly) take the knowledge up to compete with Daveth's]
Baelon Drakeson
Baelon Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Fri Aug 07, 2015 11:46 pm

[url=Persuasion charm for gift giving in Marsten wedding][/url]: 6d6k5 16
[url=Gift giving status test][/url]: 3d6+1 16 (17 with bonus die

OOC IDK if Corrine or Ben are amiable so I'm going with Indifferent
OOC One is amniable so bonus die roll [url=speech Giving Bonus dice][/url]: 1d6 5

[url=Gift Giving and Corrine and Ben Wedding cunning test TN 12][/url]: 3d6 7
[url=Ben and Corrines Knowlege education check TN 12][/url]: 6d6k4 15

The Septon of House Dulver rises to give a toast, face flushed with the fine wine already provided but not enough to interfere with his sense of discretion quite yet. "
My Lords and Ladies,"
He addresses the crowd, "
It is with humble privilege that I speak here today."
Taking a moment to clear his throat the Septon continues. "
It is a great honor to be invited to this wedding, and, while being a bit unorthodox none the less has been a blessing to behold. For on this night, a union of man and wife was formed. But this is unlike any union that has gone before it. Nay, I tell you, this is a union of love and devotion to one another!"
Septon Arlyn pounds the table at the last word, providing emphasis to the statement.

"
It is the union that minstrels sing of. One that, through a series of happenstance has led to the joining of this great house."
He gestures to house Marsten, "
In love and honor. In the name of The Maid I declare that their is no higher blessing that can be offered then a union that is founded in love. For, The Gods themselves are love!"
Septon Arlyn teaters a bit as he thrusts his hand up to the heavens. "
And for this grand occasion requires grand words, which unfortunately I seem to have forgotten."
The Septon replies making a joke at his own expense, causing a small murmur of laughter to reach some of the gathered lips. "
But, wiser men then I have written them down! and it is to them that deserve the credit."

Septon Arlyn produces a large book, clearly written on the cover "
The Seven Pointed Star"
pages slightly yellowed with age but still functional, Illistated on each section in good detail. "
This book here has more teachings and knowledge then all other books combined,"
Boasted the Septon. "
For in this book is instructions for how to live a good moral life, How to find peace, love, and happiness. Not that you have any need for that now!"
laughs the Septon as Lady Corrine and Benedict ogle each other as newlyweds do. "
It is with my blessing and the well wishes of House Dulver that I offer this gift to you two, so that you may have one for your own private collection, for your long, and happy Marriage."

With that Septon Arlyn takes his seat again and waits for the book to be collected by a Marsten Page.

-2 gd Superior book (seven pointed star) Gift for lady corrines marriage
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Loreia Sat Aug 08, 2015 2:33 am

Gifts: Baelon and Gwyn

Later, after a short talk with Ben and Corrine, Loreia approaches the head of House Drakeson, bowing to Baelon and Gwyn. "
My Lord an' Lady Drakeson,"
she continues with attempted flourish, "
congratulations on your wedding and the founding of your house. M'lord, I have a gift for your lady wife, if it pleases you."

In addition to the sack in which she carried the previous gifts given(which she has since disposed of), she is carrying a small box, which she presents to Gwyn for her to open.

"
A silver chain and pendant to wear on your forehead, bearing the symbol of the new house to which you are joined,"
she explains as Gwyn examines the piece of jewelry, quite proud of the design. The 'chain' is a necklace intended to be worn over the head, draping to either side, with a pendant hanging over the forehead. The pendant is comprised of two precious stones cut to fit the hollow of the pendant, the violet and red upper and lower halves of the house sigil, held in place by an embossed silver clasp over the front, in the shape of House Drakeson and embossed with its features and dyed black, connected to the shaped silver representing the star of the sigil, painted white in the upper left.

"
And for you, m'lord, I have this."
She claps her hands, and a squire approaches with a horse's saddle of impressive quality. Steel studs, fasteners, and other parts of metal material adorn the saddle, which matches Baelon's current design. House colors bisect the saddle horizontally, and the end of the pommel is dyed white effecting a sphere, with black dye lines tracing the outlines of its tips, as if they were reaching out to poke the viewer*. "
The only thing missing is a dragon,"
she grins.

Custom gifts to each, with careful thought - although with less sentiment than to the previous. She believes she knows Baelon and Gwyn better than she thinks, which can be dangerous.
[url=Empathy - Gifts to Baelon and Gwyn][/url]: 4d6k3 10

1B: Through his flirtatious habit, Loreia knows Baelon to be a defender of the people. A knight's horse can serve as a symbol of status, of his true worth, or both. The man held to a code of honor in the duel, allowing others to finish their fights unhampered, and always offering a chance for a tired or battered opponent to yield. Though shrewd and haughty at the negotiation table - as concluded from Daveth's recounting of his negotiation with him - Loreia respects Baelon and considers herself acquainted with the man's palpable honor and kind heart. However, Gwyneth, young and smart and charming, has a certain mystery to her that Loreia has trouble seeing through.

[url=Gift - Baelon and Gwyn][/url]: 3d6k2 12
Hater's gonna haaaaaaate! Razz

* - Illusion of depth via surface 3D art (emboss + dye or paint...aka method resulting in lines and colors that can't be rubbed off or worn down by weather, usage, time, etc)
Loreia
Loreia

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Jorah Holt Tue Aug 11, 2015 6:41 pm

speeches for Corrine and Ben
[url=Persuasion (No specialty)][/url]: 4d6k3 10 - no bonus gained
[url=Status check][/url]: 3d6k3 7

gift giving
[url=Awareness][/url]: 3d6k3 12
[url=knowledge][/url]: 3d6k2+1 6

Jorah is distracted throughout. Whilst he doesn't cause offense, he doesn't make much impact

Speeches for Baelon and Gwyneth
[url=Persuasion (No specialty)][/url]: 3d6k3 8
[url=Status check][/url]: 3d6k3 15 1DOS

gift giving
[url=Awareness][/url]: 3d6k3 8
[url=knowledge][/url]: 2d6k2 10

Whilst speaking for House Coldbrook's new bannerhouse, he gives a more notable speech, welcoming them, but his gift is bland and uninteresting.

Total 1 DOS

Ser Jorah Holt

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Fri Aug 14, 2015 9:23 pm

[So the Tullison plan was to let Dunstan do the speeches and deliver gifts chosen by the maester...then he goes long-term AFK, Colton did knowledge rolls though (spoiler alert: he wins), original plan was that Dunstan does speech assisted by Theo and Colton, but since Dunstan may not show due to OOC reasons, Theo will do speech assisted by Colton, rolls incoming tomorrow, but even if I roll all sixes, Theo will not be making the attempt if Dunstan does show up to roll. RP incoming]

[url=speech-charm-Ben/Corrie][/url]: 5d6k4 18
[url=status Ben/Corrie][/url]: 4d6+2 14 If disposition applies: [url=potential +1b][/url]: 1d6 6 Becomes 19 in this case.
[url=charm gwylon][/url]: 5d6k4 20
[url=status gwylon][/url]: 4d6+2 12 If disposition applies: [url=potential +1b][/url]: 1d6 4 Becomes 15 in this case.

Choice of which of these two rolls to boost with BoA depends on dispositions.
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Maester Colton Fri Aug 21, 2015 8:39 pm

There are many bonds that hold men's hearts together. There is love, comraderie, friendship, marriage. But a bond, a bond known to hold significance above that of all others, a bond so strong that acting against it is considered the most heinous of sins, is the bond of blood.

The old Maester Colton rises from among the nearby guests, and a broad-shouldered man comes in tow after his steeped form, carrying a cushion with two long objects, of exactly a length with one another, laid carefully atop.

The blood of the mountains is as strong as any, for the Andals conquered the rocks. The Marsten line is storied and proud, and Ladies Corrine and Gwyneth do their House justice in deed and guise. Though they share not a father or a mother, closer siblings have been known to hold their hearts further apart from one another.

Walking up to the Lord Tullison, who was himself standing to take the gifts, the Maester leans his cane against the servant's leg and holds one of the objects in his hand - a sheathed sword. Carefully, and more deliberate than even ceremony requires, his wizened hand draws the weapon out of its scabbard with a firm and precise grip unbefitting his age. With as much pomp, he holds out the sword to Lord Dunstan, and repeats the procedure for the second one, laying both scabbards upon the cushion as he finished.

The sheathes were ornate, a hard brown leather enamelled with argent fringes in lightning motives, but the real treasure was in the Tullison's hands. Sister blades, forged of the same steel, quenched on the same barrel, hammered on the same anvil. Single-edged, the twin swords mirrored each other, with the engravings on the hilts and the base of the steel blades laquered on one side more heavily than the opposite. The carvings were more abstract than precise, but still telling of a poetic intent;
they spoke of rock and scales, but also wind, feathered wings and clear clouds.

"
For those that join with the Reign of Heavens."
Colton said simply, smiling at the newlyweds as he gestured himself away, his cane again hitting the ground softly, the words due to Lord Dunstan's tongue, then. The tall servant stood by the Tullison's side, resolutely holding the cushion where the scabbards rested.

Maester Colton wrote:Knowledge rolls for gift-giving to both couples. Cunning used to apply a bonus to each.

Benedict &
Corrine
[url=Gift Giving - Cunning (Memory)][/url]: 7d6k6 19
[url=Gift Giving - Knowledge (Education)][/url]: 6d6k5+6 24

Baelon &
Gwyneth
[url=Gift Giving - Cunning (Memory)][/url]: 7d6k6 23
[url=Gift Giving - Knowledge (Education)][/url]: 6d6k5+6 25

Maester Colton

Back to top Go down

Post by Dunstan Tullison Fri Aug 21, 2015 11:17 pm

Lord Dunstan smiled at the old maester and accepted both of the sister blades. Corrine and Ben's wedding brought him much joy, and even Gwyneth and Baelon's - aldough he was still a tad bit jealous.
Not as skilled in words as his uncle or the maester, he approached two pairs with a wide grin on his face and said in a simple, friendly manner

"
House Tullison congratulates you on this divine day. To witness one friend marry for love is a blessing, and to witness four of them on such joyous occasion a miracle. Take these swords now, Lord Baelon and Lord Benedict - for they are sister blades and represent the bond both of your wives share. May you use them for protection, and may they serve you valiantly."
Dunstan speaks and presents two superior longswords to two Lords.

[url=Status][/url]: 5d6+4 24 +2 Theo assist = 26

Dunstan Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down