Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Day 9, MM] Breakfast (Open to anybody within reason)

5 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

[Day 9, MM] Breakfast (Open to anybody within reason) Empty [Day 9, MM] Breakfast (Open to anybody within reason)

Post by Dunstan Tullison Sat Aug 01, 2015 11:10 am

Once again, the Tullisons gathered to eat breakfast in the biggest tent of their campsite. Their supplies depleted by the often feasts they organized in the past, and especially for the infamous "
Awkward breakfast"
as guards started calling the Gwyneth marriage arrangement, behind Dunstan's back of course.

So they ate bread and cheese, and drank sour wine.

Dunstan hoped to see Ben there, once again before he departs to Marsten ladns, and he also eagerly awaited the new maester - who replaced Haelis.

OOC: Maester, we still need to figure out what happened to Haelis. If you want to invent a reason and tell it ICly, that'' cool with me.

Dunstan Tullison

Back to top Go down

[Day 9, MM] Breakfast (Open to anybody within reason) Empty Re: [Day 9, MM] Breakfast (Open to anybody within reason)

Post by Dunstan Tullison Sun Aug 02, 2015 10:33 am

snip

Dunstan Tullison

Back to top Go down

[Day 9, MM] Breakfast (Open to anybody within reason) Empty Re: [Day 9, MM] Breakfast (Open to anybody within reason)

Post by Maester Colton Mon Aug 03, 2015 2:01 pm

Eyeing the large tents with amusement, maester Colton arrives trudging steadily, his cane supporting him. He walks through most of the present unharried and unhurried, ignoring, in fact, everyone but the Lord Tullison whom he approached.

"
My Lord Tullison. Colton, at your service."
The maester bows politely before excusing himself to a seat. "
Oh, I'm glad to meet you at last. And your household, of course."
He nods to nearby Theomore. "
Though I regret that our meeting must be led on by such circumstances. Haelis is not ill-regarded in our order, but his behavior as of late... scandalous. Simply scandalous!"
Colton's coarse voice sounds ruffled, and he coughs a bit before trying to put on a smile again.

Maester Colton

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Mon Aug 03, 2015 5:32 pm

Corrine and Ben arrive shortly after the Maester, Corrine holding Ben's arm, walking with a slight limp, using her betrothed for support.

"
Good morning, my lord Dunstan,"
Corrine greets their host with a smile. "
Lovely to see you."

She takes a seat near Dunstan, with Ben in between.
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Benedict Marsten Mon Aug 03, 2015 7:47 pm

Taking his seat Ben quietly speaks to Dunstan. "
How did you fare last night? It was a shit storm out there."

"
Maester Colton good to see you again."
Ben bows from his chair to the helpful elder.

"
Ser Theomore, congratulations again on all your success."
Benedict Marsten
Benedict Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Dunstan Tullison Tue Aug 04, 2015 11:07 pm

Dunstan shrugs at Ben

"
Fuckin' terrible. m glad you found romance on this tourney, all I got is an occasional fist in my belly"
he smiles and speaks quietly, so only Ben can hear him.

"
Maester, welcome. I hope our House will make a worthy home for you. From what I hear you are a man of virtue in every way, and I for one am honored to have you in my service."
he says, not commenting on Haelis. It was a terrible thing, to be betrayed by a friend. Dunstan could hardly cope with it, so he tried to forget and not mention it at all.

"
And my Lady Corrine. I am glad to have you here."
he bows and smiles at the young Lady.

"
Maester, did you have a chance to go through our ledgers? Any advice on what should we do to prosper more as a House?"
he asks, clearly considering all present to be people worthy of trust, therefore not feeling like he should conceal anything from them.

Dunstan Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Benedict Marsten Wed Aug 05, 2015 1:39 pm

"
Yes Maester Colton, do not miss the tab for the Huntsman. It may have been cheaper to buy the business."

Ben gives Dunstan a playful smile. Knowing that the time spent there would be fondly remembered by them both.
Benedict Marsten
Benedict Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Wed Aug 05, 2015 1:47 pm

"
Yoren Longshore advised me yesterday that even a lady should try visiting a tavern at least once,"
Corrine chimes in amusedly. "
Perhaps I ought to come try the revelry tonight. See what all the fuss is about."
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Dunstan Tullison Wed Aug 05, 2015 2:31 pm

"
Hm, now there's and intersting thought!"
Dunstan laughed at Ben's words.

"
But wouldn't it be droll if all the folks started looking at us as bosses instead of their drinking companions and terrible minstrels? Too much would change, so we might be better of if we just continue paying for everything."

"
Well, of course. Lady Dyana was there with us once, why not Lady Corrine too?"
Dunstan was already keen on getting Corrine drunk, and a small smile danced in the corner of his mouth.

Dunstan Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Wed Aug 05, 2015 2:41 pm

"
My cousin is a warrior, with fewer social expectations than I. Though I reason that I will already be creating minor scandal with my wedding, so what is a little tavern visit?"
she laughs. "
If I will be welcome, I shall join in. Just don't expect to find me dancing on tables or swinging from rafters, or whatever your lot do of a night."
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Dunstan Tullison Wed Aug 05, 2015 2:59 pm

"
The tales of debauchery are exaggerated. We mainly discuss works of art and enjoy exotic Volantene teas"
he says, chuckling.

"
I kid, but do come in. It is a safe place - and people there, dough of common birth, are good and honest."

Dunstan Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Wed Aug 05, 2015 3:04 pm

"
I like good, honest people,"
Corrine nods affirmatively, pleased with Dunstan's answer. "
I'm not sure if I believe you about the tea though. I've never heard of men singing bawdy songs and getting in fights because they had too much tea."
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Dunstan Tullison Wed Aug 05, 2015 3:09 pm

"
Well, too much tea is not good for you. That's why at one point we have to switch to ale and wine, hence the songs and an occasional fist fight."
Dunstan speaks jokingly to his friend.

Dunstan Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Wed Aug 05, 2015 3:20 pm

Dunstan Tullison wrote:"
Well, too much tea is not good for you. That's why at one point we have to switch to ale and wine, hence the songs and an occasional fist fight."
Dunstan speaks jokingly to his friend.

"
Aaahhh, of course,"
Corrine laughs, tapping her nose as though acknowledging a secret sign. "
I must be wary of tea-swilling scallywags then. Good to know. What is appropriate attire for such a gathering?"
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Dunstan Tullison Wed Aug 05, 2015 3:28 pm

"
Of course! We are much too young to be getting that serious of illnesses already!"
he laughs loduly.

"
Matters of outfit completely avoid me most of the time. Since this is the last night in here, you could choose what looks best for us, and we could wear that? We must leave an impresssion, or else Riverrun will not remmember us!"

Dunstan Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Wed Aug 05, 2015 3:32 pm

"
I don't think Riverrun will forget you, my dear Dunstan,"
Corrine laughs. "
It has been a tourney to remember all round!"
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Maester Colton Wed Aug 05, 2015 5:45 pm

Benedict Marsten wrote:"
Maester Colton good to see you again."
Ben bows from his chair to the helpful elder.
"
Oh, likewise, Ser Benedict."
The maester gives the young man an eager nod.

Maester, welcome. I hope our House will make a worthy home for you. From what I hear you are a man of virtue in every way, and I for one am honored to have you in my service."
he says, not commenting on Haelis. It was a terrible thing, to be betrayed by a friend. Dunstan could hardly cope with it, so he tried to forget and not mention it at all.
The maester chuckles. "
I thank you, my Lord, for your praise. As my first council joining your worthy House, I must advise you to remove from your midst the scoundrel who told you such lies about me!"
He smiles playfully, then helps himself to some soft bread.

Maester, did you have a chance to go through our ledgers? Any advice on what should we do to prosper more as a House?"
he asks, clearly considering all present to be people worthy of trust, therefore not feeling like he should conceal anything from them.
Colton perks up, then nods and starts speaking amidst the last bites of something crunchy. "
Oh, certainly, my Lord. I believe House Tullison is in capable hands, for from what I could gather so far - granted, not the entirety of the situation - we're set for prosperity either way. I do think there are some missed opportunities with the iron trade."
A golden link shines on his chain, as if on cue. "
But this is not a matter for breakfast, I believe."

Benedict Marsten wrote:"
Yes Maester Colton, do not miss the tab for the Huntsman. It may have been cheaper to buy the business."
The maester points eagerly to Ben, in agreement. "
That is exactly what I am talking about, Ser Benedict! It seems all our funds from commerce have been sinking into that place. The Tullisons are broke!"
He laughs heartily, then proceeds to remove some bread crumbs from his beard, muttering something about ravens.

Maester Colton

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Thu Aug 06, 2015 2:01 pm

Corrine looks awkwardly at Dunstan for a moment, then offers a polite smile.

"
Well, tourneys are an expensive business. Even more so royal ones."
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:47 pm

"
One man's expense is another's profit, my lady."
Theomore offers a bow to Corrine, though as swift and effortless as courtesy would allow, his attention clearly on the food. "
I hope I wasn't too badly missed, Ser Fredryk alerted me to an issue in need of clearing up, which took longer than I had preferred.."
and then he needed to find his squire before anyone else did, just in case. "
Though I do fear that Lord Gormon might let his irritation with the lack of closure mar the outcome. He would much prefer that our cloaks were colored in a different hue...oh, and that there was some guilty party to pay the fines he likes to levy..."

The last parts were reduced to a very faint mumble, almost ineligible to those inside of the tent, and no doubt extremely difficult for anyone outside, or some distance from Dunstan's table, to overhear.
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Benedict Marsten Thu Aug 06, 2015 11:08 pm

"
Ser Fredryk alerting someone to an issue. Now that is something to worry about."
Ben shakes his head in annoyance. "
Two Brackens and the Ironborn in one joust. What are those odd?"

As an after thought he smiles and greets Theomore. "
Good morning, Ser Theomore. Hopefully he is not attempting to tarnish any of your successes."
Benedict Marsten
Benedict Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Thu Aug 06, 2015 11:48 pm

"
What were the odds of Ser Kevan not facing any opponent more capable than him before the final?"
Theomore shrugs. "
No offense to the knights of the vale, my lady"
he nods to Corrine. "
But I would gladly have traded Ser Kevan's opponents for my own."

"
Still, there were many close calls along his path, and I dare say one who comes victorious through a string of those has displayed a quality you want in a knight serving you. When you face Ser Derrock, you loose, against the Anvil and Ser James, victory is the expectation, but it is against the Ser Wharricks and Ser Meddrics and Ser Jorah's where it usually comes down to will and focus to differentiate between two knights where their skills alone cannot."
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Fri Aug 07, 2015 12:46 am

"
Does Vance have an issue with House Tullison?"
Corrine asks, only half-concentrating on the food.
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Fri Aug 07, 2015 1:00 am

"
Not that I know of, my lady."
Theomore answers quickly. "
I merely happen to be on good terms with him, which I believe was of tremendous help this time."
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Fri Aug 07, 2015 1:16 am

Caught with your hand somewhere it shouldn't be, I'll wager.

"
Many do extoll the virtues of having the right friends,"
Corrine muses.
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Fri Aug 07, 2015 3:22 am

"
I am not sure if I would call it a virtue, my lady."
Theomore nods "
But friends are much more agreeable to offer you some of their time."

"
In this case, it saved Rafford from an injustice that would have brought difficulty upon House Tullison had Ser Fredryk not given me the opportunity to verify that he was indeed telling them the truth, and that they had made a mistake"
That Lord Gormon did not send for anyone from House Tullison, but rather one of his men stepped in was actually a quite telling detail, Theomore realizes only now, so focused as he had been to get him out of that mess. A pleased liege lord would have handled it more discreetly than Lord Tully had in mind.
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next