Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Solid foundation public closed

3 posters

Go down

Solid foundation public closed Empty Solid foundation public closed

Post by Septon Arlyn Thu Aug 20, 2015 10:09 pm

Septon Arlyn wrote:

During the two weeks that followed the tournament of riverrun Setpton Arlyn was finally able to make contact with Karyl Kays. Meeting with him at the drunken huntsmen the Stone Mason had finally taken a break from his most recent venture in the painted word to see what the Septon had been inquiring for him about.

"
What do ya want?"
Drawls the man known as Karyl Kays, clearly drunk. "
Speak quickly so we can get about our business."

Solidarity has not been good for him. "
I wish to offer you a job, building a orphanage."
The Septon Speaks plainly. "
It will be to benefit the children that work under your former imploier, Do you remember Ondrew Porter, the man whom helped you while you worked for Lord Dulver? Well since you have been gone there was an accident in the mines and he was crushed. Now is wife Lyanna Porter has died of scarlet fever and their son Duncan are without a provider. What I'm envisoning is a place where we can take the Duncans of the world and raise them in safety, so that they will not starve or turn to banditry to survive. Can I count on your assistance in this?"

Karyl sighs, "
Lets see if we can work out some details"

Karyl

Awareness 4 (for noticing how rocks lay/ best way to cut them)
Cunning 4 (for being smart enough to shape rocks and manage a team to be the most effective)
Knowledge 3 (little formal training though his apprenticeship)
Status 3 (well known as one of the best stone masons in the valley, his services are often searched for)
deception 3 (knows how to tell a lie but is not terribly good at it)
Persuasion 3 Convince 1b (for the better to convince people on "
his is the proper way"
)
Athletics 4 (moving heavy rocks constantly)
endurance 3 (working all day with heavy rocks)
Will 3 (Is dedicated to his craft and his gods)
fighting 3 (has been in a few brawls)

ID 11
composure 9
DR 5 Dislike (dislikes house Duvler due to disagreements in the past)
Motivation, House Dulver will pay full price for services +1 wealth for personal stores
Convince Technique (will)
Damage per DOS = 3

[url=Status test][/url]: 3d6 13

[url=Read target VS septon Arlyn][/url]: 4d6 18

[url=Convince Rolls Vs Septon Arlyn for orphanage][/url]: 5d6k4 15

[url=Convince Rolls Vs Septon Arlyn for orphanage][/url]: 8#5d6k4 15 8 14 17 17 16 20 14

ID 8
Disposition, indifferent 4 DR
composure 12
Modivation;
Karyl Kays will provide a discount for building the orphanage.
Techinque Convince (will)
damage per DOS = 4
[url=Status test Vs Karyl, discount orphanage][/url]: 3d6 7

[url=Convince karyl Kays to offer a discount][/url]: 10#5d6 13 19 23 17 21 21 19 27 17 20

Round 1
Karyl Kays: Read Target (Empathy): 3d6 7
Septon Arlyn: Convince : 13 / 1 DOS /4 influence/ -5/ Karyl Kays Composure 9

Round 2
Karyl Kays : Convince 15/ 2 DOS/ 6 influence/ -4 DR / Septon Arlyn composure 10
Septon Arlyn: Convince 19 / 2 DOS/ 8 influence/ - 5 DR/ Karyl Kays 6 composure

Round 3
Karyl Kays : Convince 15 / 2 DOS/ 6 influence/ -4 DR /Septon Arlyn Composure 8
Septon Arlyn : Convince 23 / 3 DOS/ 12 influence/ -5 DR/ Karyl Kays takes 1 frustation to reduce damage by 3/ Kayl Kays Composure 2

Round 4
Karyl Kays : Convince 7/ 0 DOS/ 0 influence/ - 4 DR / Septon Arlyn Composure 8
Septon Arlyn : convince 17/ 2 DOS/ 8 influence/ -5 DR / Karyl Kays takes 1 frustation to reduce damage by 3 /Karyl Kays composure 2

Round 5
Karyl Kays: Convince 14 / 2 DOS/ 6 influence/ - 4 DR / Septon Arlyn composure 6
Septon Arlyn: Convince 21/ 3 DOS/ 12 influence/ - 5 DR/ Karyl Kays takes last grustation but cannot reduce damage enough and is defeated
Septon Arlyn wins the intrigue.

"
Aye I will do this thing for the children, But ya have to promise me that Lord Dulver will not be interferin with me. That lout threw me out, its going to take more then a couple snivelin' orphans to make that slight better"
Karyl Kays spoke in a tough and gruff tone. However behind those eyes Septon Arlyn could see the eyes begin to soften, and his stony expression crack, reveling a soft interior that the Septon had seen before.

"
Of course Karyl,"
Replies the Septon.

Last edited by 167 on Tue Sep 01, 2015 6:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Solid foundation public closed Empty Healing the Heart

Post by Septon Arlyn Sat Aug 29, 2015 6:24 am

"
Septon Arlyn, Septon Arlyn, a raven has arrived for you!"
calls out Maester Falstan, his dark robes swishing around him, clutching a note that is sealed with the Tullison's signet.
The Tullisons wrote me, that is odd, I wonder what this could be about. thinks Septon Arlyn to himself. "
Thank you Maester Falstan, your new appointment has been a blessing in receiving messages quickly."
Septon Arlyn takes the offered note and notices that the seal has been broken, looking at Maester Falstan with a curious glance the Septon looks for an explanation.

"
I was tasked with making sure that all messages coming into the house are in the best interest of the House, Lord Dulver has assigned me the task."
The Maester explains, tone conveying apology but body language clearly stating otherwise.

"
It is good that you are ensuring that the safety of this house."
The Septon is easily fooled by Maester Falstan, his trusting nature allows the Maester to easily convince him.

"
The young Lord is looking for healers for his mother,"
continues the Maester, "
Unfortunately it seems that there has been no progress made on healing the Lady of the house. He is looking for men who have experience in the healing arts to help her, however he already has a Maester there who has been unsuccessful in healing her, despite his best ministrations. I think that there is a need for mystical healing."
The Maester mentions in a subtle way.

"
Mystical healing?"
questions Septon Arlyn, "
what type of mystical healing would you think that she would need."

"
In my time at the citadel in old town there was a rumor of an object that could heal people if they merely were to touch it, unfortunately it was hidden by some of the Faith during the first Targaryen conquest and was lost, there are rumors that they hid the information in the citadel, the only place of civilization during that time,"
The Maester proudly declares, exaggerating the importance of Old Town in the history of the Targaryen conquest. "
Maybe you should travel to the citadel and search the library for clues. I'm sure that Lord Tullison would be grateful to the man who could help heal his mother."

Septon Alryn is easily lead by the Maesters deception and agrees with what he is saying, by the time the Maester ends his speech Alryn is already thinking of taking a ship down to old town from a nearby port. "
I think you are right Maester. House Dulver could stand to gain a benefit from being closer to House Tullison."
The Septon spends a moment thinking, "
I have already spent a lot of time away from Lord Dulver, how do I explain to him that we need to have me leave again on this diplomatic mission."

"
Do not worry Septon,"
Assures Maester Falstan "
I can ensure that Lord Dulver will give you leave."

Septon Arlyn nods, "
Thank you so much, This meas a lot to me Maester Falstan, House Dulver will be grateful for this diplomatic mission, also can you send a raven to Ser Derrock, Lord Marsten, and Ser Jorah informing them that I may need some assistance in retrieving this artifact"

"
Of course Septon"
Maester Falstan almost purrs, "
Anything for the Faith."

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Septon Arlyn arrives at the weeping dock that juts out into river, Arlyn was lucky to find a ship that was traveling directly to Old Town, and the captain was pleased that he was able to finagle three times the going rate for passengers with the easy promise to arrive as quickly to Old Town. "
Good luck Septon, It has been a pleasure to provide service to a man of the Faith such as yourself,"
Captain Jarl Zotikos the dornishmen states, "
It is nice to have a man whom does not always try to push his Faith onto others."

"
All men find there way to the Gods,"
replies the Septon, "
May the blessing of the smith grant you smooth sailing and steady winds for your sails"

"
A worthy blessing for all sailors Arlyn"
replies Jarl "
And may the mother river grant you speed on your journey."

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Septon Arlyn arrives at the library in old town and is amazed at the size of the library. You could fit all of the books I have ever seen into this library and still have room for more Thinks the Septon, "
Welcome to the scribes hearth!"
declares a merry scribe, "
I am Koret, we received a raven from Maester Falstan letting us know that you were coming, here let me help you look for where the faith hid this object."

TN 9 knowledge test. [url=Searching for knowledge of the hidden location of the hidden object][/url]: 4d6+5 20
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Solid foundation public closed Empty The smiths hammer

Post by Septon Arlyn Tue Sep 01, 2015 8:00 am

Septon Arlyn had spent the better part of a week searching the library. On the final day he was searching in a corner of the Scribes Hearth that was not often visited by the Maesters, except those seeking to forge their Valerian steel chains. The Septon arched his back and stretched, muscles tense from maintaining the same position for so long. Looking at his notes Septon Arlyn brow furrows. There is something that I am missing. Some detail I need to connect these dots. He had discovered that the hammer was located somewhere in the Vale of Arryn. There was a river located nearby the last known site of the smiths hammer and that was in a cave, one of the first places of worship for the Seven in Westerous. Pulling out an old map of the Vale Septon Arlyn scans for rivers that go through it, looking for any bowl shaped depressions east of the river. Pulling out a new map for cross reference he finally finds a location after half an hour of cross referencing, seeing that there where two locations was near house Marsten's lands, and the other by House Royces lands. Well lets see if I can go speak with Lady Corrine during the campaign, hopefully she will be able to have some time to visit me during that time.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Septon Arlyn arrives with House Dulvers men to House Marstens lands, He approaches the main hall through the town of Hartsbridge.
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Solid foundation public closed Empty Re: Solid foundation

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Tue Sep 01, 2015 5:19 pm

The Septon is shown into the great hall of Hartshorn by Gareth Stone, the steward, and asked to wait for Lady Marsten to join them.

Corrine soon sweeps into the room, clad in burgundy velvet, accented with gold thread embroidery, her black hair hanging loose, save for a braid behind each ear, secured with delicate gold clasps. As she gets closer, he can see that she is with child. She greets him with a warm smile;

"
Septon Arlyn, welcome to Hartshorn. I've had bread and salt sent for. Might I offer you a drink and some food too? I imagine you have had a long journey."
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Solid foundation public closed Empty Re: Solid foundation public closed

Post by Septon Arlyn Sat Sep 05, 2015 5:14 am

"
You are a gracious host My Lady, with proper respect to the traditions of hospitality."
The Septon bows deeply, very impressed with the hall and village he traveled through, taking note that the small folk seemed generally well kept and pleased with their station, as well as the murmur of a new child being born of Lady Corrine and Lord Benedict. He straightens from his bow and smiles warmly, "
It is good to see you two again, it seems like a lot has changed since the last time we met. The maddien looks like she has blessed your family, My Lady Corrine, and Lord Benedict, I hear that you have had good success with establishing some peace as well."
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Benedict Marsten Sat Sep 05, 2015 2:26 pm

Ben stands a few feet from Corrine his clothing dirt stained and sweat soaked. His sword sitting low on his hip and a pair of worn gloves clasped in his hand.

With a cheerful smile Ben greets the Septon. "
It is good to see you again Septon. Please forgive my appearance. Duties seldom take a break."
Benedict Marsten
Benedict Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Sun Sep 06, 2015 12:01 am

Corrine smiles at Ben for a moment, then turns her attention back to the Septon;

"
You are most kind to compliment our home, Septon. We hope you will enjoy your time here. House Marsten gratefully welcomes the faithful. Indeed much has changed. I believe for the better, though there is still much to be done."

The servant returns with a small tray, holding a plate of bread and salt. Corrine gestures for the Septon to take the bread &
salt first, then she follows, finally giving it to Ben before sending the servant to fetch a pitcher of apple juice.

"
Shall we sit, Your Worship?"
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Sun Sep 06, 2015 3:33 am

"
Yes let us have a seat,"
the Septon waits of Corrine to seat herself before sitting himself. "
Aye I am glad to spend some time here, I just wish it was under more peaceful circumstances"
States the Septon, referring to the coming war. "
How come the preparations? I know that the support that House Dulver has brought will be busy working for such a large host of men."
Taking a moment to decide about how to say his next words Septon Arlyn continues.
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Sun Sep 06, 2015 11:24 pm

"
Things are forming up well. Our allies are arriving as we speak, and we shall be ready to march on the clans very soon."

The servant scurries over and places a pitcher of apple juice and cups on the table, then pours the drinks for everyone silently.

Corrine takes a small sip, then returns her attention to the Septon;

"
So, might I ask what brings you to Hartshorn? We had not expected a visit, pleasant though it is. Are you simply accompanying the Dulver men, or is there something we can do for you?"
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Benedict Marsten Mon Sep 07, 2015 2:46 am

Ben quickly downs his drink with a satisfied sigh. Then smile at his Lady Wife and guest. "
We have been training day and night. The cavalry has thwarted many of their raids with their quick mobility. Scouts have gathered a good deal on the Clan movements and whereabouts. Surely you are not here to speak about war though Septon. As my Lady asks, is there something that we may do for you?"

Ben refills his own glass. Then eases back into his chair, trying to maintain a balance between Lordly decorum and his exhaustion.
Benedict Marsten
Benedict Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Mon Sep 07, 2015 3:15 am

"
My Lord and Lady, You are quite astute in the observations that I am not here to speak of the war, although my services as a healer are available to any of the wounded whom are in need of help. However I do have a favor to ask of you. But first let me give you a little backstory."
He takes a drink from the apple juice and breaks apart a little of the sourdough bread, its pungent aroma setting the Septons stomach growling.

"
When Lord Tullison sent out his missive to many different healers, looking for someone to help heal Lady Moraine, in the local area I also received a letter from him. He claimed that his Maester had spent many weeks working on trying to find a cure for Lady Moraine and the Maester of House Dulver, Maester Falstan, stated that in order to heal Lady Moraine it might take a miracle. Maester Falstan suggested that a sacred object that had mystical healing properties could be the secret needed to heal Lady Moraine. So I went off to Old Town to search the great library there for a scared object, one that had mystical healing properties."
Septon Arlyn took a drink from the cup of offered apple juice, his throat dry from the long trip from House Dulver. The warm refreshment a welcome change from the watered down wine he had been drinking while traveling with the soldiers.

"
I have heard rumors of such objects during my time training at the Stary Sept in preparation to become one of the most devoted in Old Town. Many of the people who heard these rumors simply discounted them as fantasy, or history. They did not believe in the power of the gods, stating that magic and miracles where lost to time."
The servant clad in Maresten livery pours the pitcher of apple cider into Septon Arlyn's crystial goblet.

While the servant pours the apple cider, Septon Arlyn continues. "
During my research at the citadel I discovered a hammer that had some miraculous powers, its head was made from iron from the sky and its handle was fashioned from the Wierwood. This hammer that had been used by the Smith himself and was rumored to have miraculous power to mend."

Reaching into his satchel the Septon procured some copied maps and writings from one of the original Most Devoted Aleksandre Jurian. "
There is writings here from one of the original godsworn that traveled across the narrow sea with the First Andals. He states that here,"
states the Septon pointing to a copied section of some writings, "
that this hammer was blessed by the Smith with the ability to fix not only the iron armor of the First Andals, brought but also allowed for warriors wounded in battle to be healed of injuries that most would have considered fatal."

"
Septon Aleksandre states that it was sealed in a cave where the most devoted began teaching the mud men the true Tennets of the faith. This cave was located near a bend in the river, and that a altar to the seven was placed over it to keep the smiths hammer safe. Septon Alksandre Jurian was not specific about the location of this hammer, but from what I have found from other writers around this same time, I think that House Marstens lands hold one of the first places of worship of the seven was brought to Westerous. I have secured the permission form Lord Dulver to pay up to 1 wealth for permission to retrieve for the hammer, and an additional 1 wealth if you provide me assistance in its retrieval."
The Septon picks up the goblet and takes another sip from it, enjoying the crisp flavor from the cider, then bites into the bread, thankful for the nourishment.
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Mon Sep 07, 2015 3:29 am

Lady Corrine listens intently to the Septon, and regards the map he shows her with some interest. She takes a sip of the cool apple juice before responding, sharing a brief glance with her husband.

"
So, do I understand correctly that you seek an item in our lands that you intend to obtain for House Dulver, so that it may be given to Lord Dunstan, in order to try and heal his mother?"
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Mon Sep 07, 2015 3:35 am

"
Yes, although I have heard rumors that a healer has found a cure for her. But this hammer, Ii it exists, would be very important to the faith. There are not too many holy objects left in this world from the time of the Andal Invasion, as many were destroyed by dragon flame during the Faith's revolt against the Targaryens."
replies the Septon
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Mon Sep 07, 2015 3:44 am

"
I understand. A holy relic would be an important find indeed. However, I believe such a thing should be given over to the leaders of the Faith, not kept by a single House, no matter how pious. Is it Lord Dulver's intent to keep it for his House, or to bring it to the attention of the High Septon?"
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Mon Sep 07, 2015 4:11 am

"
It is to do both, My Lady. We intend on building a shrine on our lands to house this relic as well as bringing it to the attention of the High Septon. My hope is that it will be available for all those whom make the pilgrimage to view this sacred object, as well as touch it to receive the blessing of the smith."
Replies Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Mon Sep 07, 2015 4:27 am

"
A few hundred dragons seems little reward, compared to generations of income from pilgrims and personal prestige,"
Corrine responds, one eyebrows arching slightly. "
It concerns me somewhat that House Dulver would not directly present the relic to The Faith, with whom it surely belongs. I know not of any precedent for a House holding a holy relic as it's own. Have you consulted with the High Septon on this matter?"
she asks.
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Mon Sep 07, 2015 4:48 am

"
Indeed I have not consulted the High Septon ,My Lady"
says Septon Arlyn, gathering his thoughts. "
for the information that I have gathered, even though I believe its true, is by itself little more then rumors. When I do contact the High Septon I would like to have more then a few fragments of prose written by men and women whom are long dead and supported by my beliefs and desires. The High Septon is a very busy man and I would not want to trouble him without the hammer in hand for I am merely a Septon in the service of a minor house and I would not wish to bother him if this is nothing more then a goose chase is my own making."
Septon Arlyn pauses and takes another drink from his apple juice.

After wiping away the juice from Septon Arlyns lips he continues. "
Besides, My Lord and Lady, if I was able to find these clues then there might be others who were also able to put these clues together. If that were the case then I might very well only find an empty cache. That is to say if I find anything at all. But my hope is that we can find the Smith's Hammer and that it will be verified by the High Septon Himself to be the object of legend. Then it will be housed in a way that many pilgrims can come to behold it and many others can receive it's benefits"

"
So My Lord and Lady, what do you feel would be a fair price to search for this object and retrieve it if possible?"
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Mon Sep 07, 2015 4:34 pm

Corrine composes herself, taking a deep breath before speaking, her voice calm, authoritative, but still friendly;

"
Thank you for bringing this matter to us, Septon. It sounds most intriguing. I would like to discuss it privately with my advisors before making a final decision. I shall consult with them, and give you an answer on the morrow. In the meantime, I invite you to stay here as our honoured guest."
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Mon Sep 07, 2015 4:54 pm

"
If course My Lady, thank you for your time. "
replies Septon Arlyn. Rising he bows to the couple. "
Should I follow him to the guest chambers? ,"
be gestures towards the serving boy, "
I'm sorry I seem to have missed your name."
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Mon Sep 07, 2015 11:16 pm

Corrine stands also, and gestures to the servant;

"
Mylo, please show the good Septon to one of the guest rooms. Make sure he is comfortable, and has everything he needs."

The boy bows deeply;

"
Right away, M'lady. This way, Septon."
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Mon Sep 07, 2015 11:51 pm

"
Thank you My Lady,"
states the Septon. Then with a goofy grin, "
wouldn't it be something if we could find it though? And a site of such significance.."
Lady Corinne and Lord benidict could hear the Septon voice prattling on to Mylo about the seven as he was led to his chambers.

/scene
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down