Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rutting Boar Gala (7/125) (Open)

3 posters

Go down

Rutting Boar Gala (7/125) (Open) Empty Rutting Boar Gala (7/125) (Open)

Post by Nathaniel Mason Wed Oct 07, 2015 10:48 pm

[OOC: The Rutting Boar starting in the 7th month will be holding a monthly Gala open to any who wish to attend. While Lord Davain Bartheld's hospitality may be more subdued, it seems that the Bartheld area's reputation for hospitality and decadence will continue and perhaps even increase.]

If Ser Fendrel had been concerned about a lessening of hospitality in the Bartheld lands, he need not have worried. The party tonight at the Rutting Boar put anything Brom Bartheld had done in the past to shame. A mixture of elegance and decadence, it seemed obvious that the Boar would continue and expand upon the traditions of House Bartheld. No-one had received an invitation for tonight's grand re-opening, but all knew about the gala, all knew they were welcome, and most, if not all, came. Noble, Knight or stable boy, all were welcome at the Boar and treated the same. Perhaps that was the most dramatic change. The Rutting Boar offered true hospitality to all, and if some objected to that change, they chose to remain silent if they wished to continue having that hospitality offered to them.

For months now it had rained silver stags on the people of Bartheld, and it showed no sign of slowing. Lord Davain may have been reticent to throw parties, but he was quick to spend ready coin on the training of his soldiers and the safety of his citizens. Currently he was lavishing gold on renovating the central market square to attract more trade and artisans to the community.

He was not the only one spending an ocean of silver. An unknown benefactor had poured thousands into the Bartheld Orphanage where people could go in need. Sometimes it was a child left on the doorstep. Sometimes a mother needing aid for her and her child. Sometimes a father when the mother had died in childbirth. Orphanages were common place in the lands, but this one seemed motivated in the desire to help promote productive lives rather than the simple storage of unwanted children.

However, the most obvious example of spending was the renovations of the Rutting Boar. While the building of a new wing continued, the upgrading of the main building had been completed over the last seven months. In addition to new garden maze, pond, stables and overhauled kitchens, the Boar now sported a bathing house on it's grounds;
free and open to anyone in the morning hours. The masons, woodworkers, artisans, and army of manual laborers that were needed meant that any who wished to work could find a job. The work might have been completed sooner had those involved not wished to interfere with harvest.

Tonight the party was like none had ever seen. Beautiful servants maneuvered their way through the crowd dispensing hundreds of gallons of Bartheld wine. Handsome guards dressed in black scanned the crowd, ignoring even the most zealous of those enjoying themselves, but pouncing quickly on those whose inebriation overtook their good sense. The Bartheld community was treated to a lavishness that many nobles rarely experience, and it was rumored such parties would be a monthly affair.

Nathaniel Mason
Nathaniel Mason

Back to top Go down

Rutting Boar Gala (7/125) (Open) Empty Re: Rutting Boar Gala (7/125) (Open)

Post by Theomore Tullison Wed Oct 07, 2015 11:06 pm

There was no question in Theomore's mind about whether or not to find some pretext to pass by the Bartheld lands at the opportune moment. He simply scheduled his planned visits elsewhere so that he would be here at the start of the festivities. Oh, not the first time since the grand tourney he had paid a visit, no. But those last times had not quite lived up to Brom's days, probably for the better, though considerably more boring.

Clad in a velvet doublet, elegant in it's simplicity, yet closer inspection reveals it to not be as cheap as one might brush it off as, the cut is just right to make him look ten years younger and fitter, fashioned so snugly that he ought not gain or loose much weight, or else the effect might threaten to wear off.
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathaniel Mason Thu Oct 08, 2015 8:06 am

The party appeared to be in full swing upon Theomore's arrival. People from every walk of life crowded the grounds underneath white pavilions of various sizes. Some lounged on the terraces, some floated in boats upon the small lake, some disappeared into the depth of the hedge maze. Many danced with vigorous abandon on the patio. Music, laughter and good cheer was all around.

Entertainers milled through the crowd or performed above it on scarves or wires. Hundreds of lanterns illuminated the area, tended by a squadron of young boys whose sole purpose was to keep the darkness at bay. As if this was not impressive enough, fireworks exploded over the lake every half hour sending filigree silver sparks into the air that could be seen for miles. It gave those that were not here tonight a small taste of what they were missing.

They did come, high and low alike, drawn by the light and the music and the laughter. The beautiful part about it was that none had been invited, so none could question anyone's right to be there.

Theomore was just looking up at the fireworks when he felt a hand circle his arm and stroking the tight fitting velvet and the hard bicep beneath.

"
Ser Theomore. Such an unexpected pleasure to have you back with us."
It was Adreaya, dark and smouldering as usual. The Dornish woman seemed to defy the natural order by becoming even more beautiful as she aged. "
I am led to understand that you are owed a bottle of wine, but I thought the other bottle might be more to your taste."

A young servant stood before Theomore with glasses and two bottles, one an extremely good Bartheld vintage, the other a bottle of Vale blended aged whiskey.
Nathaniel Mason
Nathaniel Mason

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Tue Oct 13, 2015 6:24 pm

"
What would be more to my liking? Now that might not be an easy question to answer"
Theomore muses, giving Adreaya considerably more attention than the bottles, entertaining himself with the notion that she is among the alternatives, a man can indeed dream, and some men had the habit of living them. "
I do not recall someone being so indebted to me, though."
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathaniel Mason Wed Oct 14, 2015 8:36 am

Adreaya gave Theomore a sly smile. "
I honestly cannot say, Ser. I was simply tasked with it's delivery and making sure you received a warm welcome. Not an onerous task. Perhaps it is simply a gesture of appreciation. You are a Knight of some renown."
She glanced over at the to bottles. "
The wine is sweet and bright, with hints of sunshine and summer flowers. The whiskey is dark and smooth, but has a fiery aftertaste of winter spices. I would advise caution with either, as both can be deceptive in their effects. Like many things of extreme quality, those that don't take the time to appreciate them usually come to regret it."
Nathaniel Mason
Nathaniel Mason

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Thu Oct 15, 2015 6:26 pm

"
If something is not worth taking one's time, then it is not worth one's time at all."
Theomore agrees. "
And providing a warm welcome, for that, you need only be you."
It was too early in the evening for the proper game, though someone that had been at it for as long as he himself would be a quite alluring opponent, preying on the young and innocent held a certain appeal, but nothing compared to one who knew all the tricks, perhaps even better than yourself. If the chance presented itself later tonight...ah but who knows what the night might bring?

"
Though someone wanted to give me a bottle of wine, it would be most rude of me to turn away the gift in favor of another, would it not?"
He should like to know the sender even so, he did not quite believe the tale of the anonymous appreciator, there were exactly two persons that might have any reason to provide such a gift. The first would write a letter and the other...now whatever that one happened to appreciate was a mystery to him, and quite intriguing.

"
But it would be such a shame to not have someone to share the bottle with, wouldn't you say?"
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathaniel Mason Thu Oct 15, 2015 11:16 pm

"
Indeed Ser Theomore."
replied Adreaya with a sly grin. Releasing the Knight she moved behind the young servant. "
I am sure that any you wish to share your largess with would be honored by the gesture."
She flashed a bright smile. "
You do not strike me as an indecisive man, Ser Theomore, but since the choice seems difficult for you, let me solve the problem by giving you both. All the more to share, yes?"
She laughed, rich and throaty.

"
Now, if you will excuse me, I must tear myself away from your charms. There are other guests I must welcome. Should you need anything, by all means let one of the staff know and we shall do our best to accommodate you."
With a soft smile, a nod, and a flip of her long waves of chestnut hair, she turned and glided into the crowd.
Nathaniel Mason
Nathaniel Mason

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Thu Oct 15, 2015 11:59 pm

Should be easy enough to find company now that he had two bottles of the truly good stuff, now, if he could only find some fine folks to share them with. Like half a dozen pretty girls, that would make his night. Warm welcome indeed.
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Luecian LongBow Mon Oct 19, 2015 1:38 pm

(OOC-our house event is still finishing up, but timewise this would occur when it's over)

With owed silver waiting for him and their known reputation of lavish parties, Luecian was always headed straight to Bartheld lands once the trouble with the Ser Benjen Frey and his bandits was finally resolved. Officially he was here to evaluate a new litter of hound puppies to possibly add one to Dulver stock and deliver a few letters from Lord Dulver and his advisors. Unofficially he was planning on collecting his silver along with good drink, good cheer and good times.

Luecian enters the Rutting Boar dressed in his finest clothes, a dark green doublet he recently had tailored. To his eye, it was on par in quality with the courtier's garb he often sees worn by House Dulver's visitors and he was quite pleased with it. He was even more pleased with the Shadowskin lined cloak he currently wears quite proudly, a cloak that had been crafted from his own encounter and kill with a shadowcat earlier in the year.
Luecian LongBow
Luecian LongBow

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathaniel Mason Wed Oct 21, 2015 12:12 am

"
Master Luecian?"

The young archer turns to be confronted with a vision of loveliness. Petite and slender, the royal blue gown she wears contrasts the pale porcelain skin of her bare shoulders. Platinum blonde hair is piled high on her head to cascade down one side of her face. Lips that would put the rose to shame smile warmly and violet eyes sparkle in the torchlight as they regard him with some curiosity.

"
My name is Lysette. Welcome to the Rutting Boar."
Nathaniel Mason
Nathaniel Mason

Back to top Go down

Post by Luecian LongBow Wed Oct 21, 2015 1:30 am

Luecian gives the lovely young lady his best smile but his eyes betray equal amounts of surprise, confusion and pride at her knowing his name "
Many thanks Lady Lysette, and pleasured to be meeting yourself and visiting this fine establishment. I'd be willing to bet me favorite bow that I could no be forgettin a face pretty as yours so no doubting I've not had the pleasure of your acquaintance before. So how would a lass such as yourself be knowin this humble huntsman?"
He ends his sentence with an increasing smile and an unpracticed yet graceful bow in her direction.
Luecian LongBow
Luecian LongBow

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathaniel Mason Wed Oct 21, 2015 2:07 am

The young woman returns his bow with a well practiced courtesy. "
Please, just call me Lysette. While the compliment is greatly appreciated, the title 'Lady' is not appropriate, and carries burdens I do not aspire to."
Despite her protest, she carries herself with the grace and civility of any courtly Lady.

"
We have not met, but your reputation precedes you. I was sent by a mutual acquaintance to welcome you and bring you to him. He hopes that your first visit to his home will be a pleasurable one, and I understand that you have unfinished business."
Nathaniel Mason
Nathaniel Mason

Back to top Go down

Post by Luecian LongBow Wed Oct 21, 2015 2:26 am

"
Lysette it shall be by your own wishes, but me eyes don't be deceiving and tis a lady they clearly see."
Standing a bit straighter and tugging the ends of his doublet down he continues. "
Heard a Luecian Longbow have ye, well that's pure music to me ears. Mayhaps I can tell ye a few stories from the wilds a bit later but I best be meeting our mutual friend first. Business before pleasure they say..though come to think on it, not rightly sure why."
He finishes with a light chuckle and smiles anew at the fair lass. "
No doubt me visit will be filled with many pleasures, meeting ye own self included. Yet I suppose best lead on to our fair friend, I'll be following ye don't ye doubt."
Luecian LongBow
Luecian LongBow

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathaniel Mason Wed Oct 21, 2015 3:05 am

Lysette took the young man's arm and led him through the crowd. "
I always find men's stories entertaining, although the truth of those stories tends to vary with the man."
she smiles. "
As far as business before pleasure, in my experience, the simple answer is to combine the two."

The lower floor of the Boar is filled with people, although not nearly as many as outside. Luecian has a feeling that the substantial guard presence has something to do with that. People recline on couches or lounge on cushions, drinking, chatting... or more. In side rooms Luecian can see others gambling with their money... or their hearts.

Traveling up the grand staircase, they pass through a pair of open double doors and guards into a massive bedroom. To the right is cozy sitting area in front of a granite fireplace. To the left is the largest canopied bed Luecian has ever seen. It could sleep six comfortably and triple that more intimately.

On a balcony stands Nathan, looking out over the masses of people below. A bronze far-gazer on a stand beside him. No matter how chaotic and decadent this party may seem, it is clear that that chaos and decadence is tightly orchestrated and controlled by it's conductor. As the two step onto the balcony, Luecian sees several young men waiting. Runners to bring and send Nathan's messages.

He turns and smiles. "
Ah, Luecian. Good to see you. Welcome to the Rutting Boar."
He smiles at Lysette. "
Dear, would you mind having our baker and wheelwright separated, discreetly. Both have had too much to drink and long animosities are threatening to bubble over. Also, Edmund should be extricated from the gambling tables. Our Lord and Master has enough to worry about."

Lysette nods and excuses herself as Nathan returns his gaze to Luecian. "
So Forester. What do you think of my terrain. It is quite different from the terrain you are used to, but I would argue it holds just as much beauty... and danger."
Nathaniel Mason
Nathaniel Mason

Back to top Go down

Post by Luecian LongBow Wed Oct 21, 2015 3:30 am

Luecian smiles at Lysette as she excuses her self, returning her nod and watching her depart for a moment. He turns to meet Nathan's gaze and gives a light good natured laugh. "
Well met again Nathaniel, me clever hunter of halls and hearts. Your welcome be most appreciated and Aye there be some stark beauty out there in the wilds but it must be admitted your terrain has a beauty I appreciate even more. As for the danger, surely you would be knowing more than meself but I'll take your words as truth."
As he finishes he peers over the balcony ledge for a few moments, taking in the view before continuing. "
It must be said me friend, you throw quite the party it seems, I'm sorely impressed."
Luecian LongBow
Luecian LongBow

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathaniel Mason Wed Oct 21, 2015 3:53 am

"
Well, I was very impressed with your skill and efficiency. Two traits I hold in the highest regard. I also appreciate it when a man does what he says he will do, just as I do."
Nathan hands the archer a heavy purse. "
I am very pleased with the outcome. The removal of Ser Benjen and Old Jack will make the world a slightly better place.

I am a pragmatist, Luecian. Had these men been simply killers, they may not have gained my interest. Our world is full of hunters and prey. However they were much more than that. I cannot tell you where the line is. It tends to move with circumstance. I can only say that both men well and truly crossed it."

Nathan smiles wryly at the seriousness of his tone. "
In any case, please consider yourself my guest while you are here. I will have a room prepared that will be much of an improvement over that dusty Inn where we first met."
Nathaniel Mason
Nathaniel Mason

Back to top Go down

Post by Luecian LongBow Wed Oct 21, 2015 4:21 am

Taking the purse, Luecian replies in kind. "
Much obliged for the compliments and coin. And I too appreciate a man who keeps his word."

His face takes a more serious expression as he speaks again."
Truth be told, I will not weep for Ser Benjen or Old Jack, their fates were earned with their own dark deeds. I feel content having done me own part to protect me friends and neighbors from more destruction. Motivated me more than the coin truth be told."
He smiles again at Nathan before continuing."
But I'm not a rich man, and life has its expenses..."

"
A room would be much appreciated and I'll leave you to your endeavors, no doubt with so much activity you have much to do. I'll start with some drink and some dice, then see where the night leads..."
Luecian LongBow
Luecian LongBow

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathaniel Mason Wed Oct 21, 2015 4:47 am

Nathan laughs. "
I understand completely, Luecian. What is the old saying? 'It is easier to be a man of principle with a full stomach.' By all means, enjoy yourself. If there is anything you need, just ask one of my staff and I am sure something can be arranged."

With a slight bow and a smile, Nathan returns to watch the party and his guests.
Nathaniel Mason
Nathaniel Mason

Back to top Go down

Post by Luecian LongBow Wed Oct 21, 2015 8:10 pm

Luecian wanders out into the main rooms of The Rutting Boar finding first a drink and then setting off to explore.
Luecian LongBow
Luecian LongBow

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down