Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[D1 MA] Recent acqaintages (closed)

2 posters

Go down

[D1 MA] Recent acqaintages (closed) Empty [D1 MA] Recent acqaintages (closed)

Post by Kevan Lyras Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:50 pm

It was during the long ride from the Warrior's seat to Raventree Hall, that Ser Kevan was riding along the borderlands to House Darry. He was slowing down to give his trusty horse a short break. The poor thing was making quite a lot of leagues today.
Maybe I have to look for a second ride to acquire at the green door inn, so I can switch between days...

Turning around a large rock formation he suddenly found himself eye-to-eye with a number of soldiers wearing brown tunics with a black plowman embroided on their chest. With a group was a young knight on horseback, his face covered by a helmet, his shield showing the same emblem. As the knight recognized Ser Kevan's coat of arms, he opened his helmet, revealing the features of James Darry, the young man Kevan got to know during the Tourney.
"
Hold it boys, that is Ser Kevan of House Marsten! Ser, how are you? We learned that you will be part of the king's investigation force, though I did not expect to meet you so soon."

At first, the Marsten knight was taken aback, but he recovered soon.
What a welcome opportunity...
"
Ser James, how are your fingers? I hope they healed properly"
his mimic indicating that he is genuinely interested in James' condition. "
I take it you are patrolling the borders, any incidents recently?"

Kevan Lyras

Back to top Go down

[D1 MA] Recent acqaintages (closed) Empty Re: [D1 MA] Recent acqaintages (closed)

Post by Reader Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:55 pm

"
Aye, the fingers healed faster than my pride! I thought I was ready for that company, but events disabused me of that notion."

He shakes his head, his humble expression matching his family's simple sigil.

"
If anything I should be doubly grateful to you, or so Ser Damian says. Our master of arms says that if I were to lose, as least the Seven saw fit that my conqueror would advance to the final and prove generous in his ransom."

At Ser Kevan's mention of the attacks on House Darry, Ser James turns serious.

"
Too busy, with patrol, too busy indeed. We no longer play at war and tourney here. War has come unbidden to our doorstep. My uncle, Lord Darry is convinced our family should have been among those to deliver the King's justice, but fears our part in historic pleasantnesses have seen us passed over."

He seems to be reaching for an invitation to participate.

[OOC: +2 to Ser Kevan's rolls when investigating this scene in future days due to Darry assistance, uses up an assist slot. Intrigue mechanics handled offscreen]
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

[D1 MA] Recent acqaintages (closed) Empty Re: [D1 MA] Recent acqaintages (closed)

Post by Kevan Lyras Sat Oct 24, 2015 12:10 pm

Kevan smiles as Ser James revealed his master-or-arms' advice. "
Oh that sounds a lot like the advice a heard, when I was but a squire and the old man tried to cheer me up after a loss! I am sure, there will be other tourneys where you can advance further than at Riverrun!"

"
Well, I cannot change, who the king has chosen to deliver his justice. But if it pleases you uncle, why don't you join me tomorrow, here in the borderlands? I want to investigate the battlefield, where the fight between Blackwood and Bracken was brought onto your lands and I am sure, your familiarity with these lands would be a great asset."

Kevan Lyras

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Mon Nov 02, 2015 4:47 pm

"
Done, and done gladly Ser Kevan. Justice will be done if your voice rings out to support it."

Ser James Darry saluted Ser Kevan as he gathered his men to continue their patrol.

[/scene]
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down