Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[D1:EA] Sins against the Seven (semi-closed)

3 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

[D1:EA] Sins against the Seven (semi-closed) Empty [D1:EA] Sins against the Seven (semi-closed)

Post by Luecian LongBow Sat Oct 24, 2015 4:14 pm

(Moved from Septry description thread per request)

Septon Arlyn wrote:Septon Arlyn arrives at the ruined Sept on his cart, which was loaded down with various tools and implements to bury the dead. Luecian had arrived with him, as protection against those whom would harm a man of the cloth. Septon Arlyn had been at this Sept before when he was traveling as a begging brother and received a warm welcome before, but the only welcome he received now was that of that of the cold empty echoes ricocheting off the walls of the Sept from the jingle and creaking of the cart.

"
This is dark days my boy,"
replies Septon Arlyn to Luecian. "
Only men of the most vile type could possibly have committed this heinous act."
Septon Arlyn looks at a body on the ground, the darken area under the body showing evidence of where his life blood had watered the ground.

[url=awareness roll with pious bonus die][/url]: 3d6 11

Questioning some of the nearby farmers Septon Arlyn convinces a few to share what they remember from that night,

[url=persuade convince against smallfolk][/url]: 7d6k5+2 18

Getting some information from the farmers Septon Arlyn assists Luecian in tracking down the perpetrators

[url=survival roll asisst sept valley battle][/url]: 2d6 8

Last edited by 183 on Sat Oct 24, 2015 4:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Luecian LongBow
Luecian LongBow

Back to top Go down

[D1:EA] Sins against the Seven (semi-closed) Empty Re: [D1:EA] Sins against the Seven (closed)

Post by Luecian LongBow Sat Oct 24, 2015 4:16 pm

Luecian LongBow wrote:
Septon Arlyn wrote:"
This is dark days my boy,"
replies Septon Arlyn to Luecian. "
Only men of the most vile type could possibly have committed this heinous act."
Luecian nods in agreement to his companion."
Aye Septon, this be the work of some bad sorts indeed."

Luecian moves to investigate the site more closely. He watches closely as the septon engages with the local farmers, gauging their words and reactions closely.
[url=Awareness roll-Septry][/url]: 3d6 13

He assists Septon Arlyn in his discussion with the nearby farmers.
[url=Persuasion-Convince assist to Septon Arlyn][/url]: 3d6 15

He scans the area considering how he might approach attacking the septry. Even with a limited background as a soldier, he considers different options.
[url=Warfare Test-Septry][/url]: 2d6 10

He then moves to look for any clues/tracks that might be remaining from the attackers around the area.
[url=Survival-Track check for Septry][/url]: 5d6k4 15
Luecian LongBow
Luecian LongBow

Back to top Go down

[D1:EA] Sins against the Seven (semi-closed) Empty Re: [D1:EA] Sins against the Seven (closed)

Post by Luecian LongBow Sat Oct 24, 2015 4:16 pm

Jamys Rivers wrote:Leaving his men encamped, Jamys felt drawn to the ruined Sept. He kept his distance from the other investigators, not knowing yet his place in the wider group. As he walked among the broken windows and fallen stones, a kind of brooding melancholy descended on him, and he found he had to focus to retain his objectivity. Seven, help me to maintain a clear head. Though the Blackwoods serve you not, they deserve justice as surely as the Brackens. Help me to be Equitable in my judgement... if I have any say at all. He paused, considering. Perhaps I should attach myself to the agents of one of the other houses, someone with a clearer idea of what is going on.

Leaving this thought for the moment, Jamys chats to those present at the Sept, Septons and farmers alike.
Investigation: Awareness (Empathy): [url=Empathy at the Septon][/url]: 4d6k3 12

Withdrawing from his conversations, Jamys wandered the grounds, trying to see the site from a tactical perspective, trying to piece together, from his limited studies of battle tactics, just what had occurred when the Sept was destroyed.
Warfare: [url=Warfare at the Sept][/url]: 3d6 9

Understanding more and more, Jamys resolved to track down the perpetrators and seek answers. What appeared a neutral party could easily be a proxy. Unfortunately Jamys knew next to nothing about tracking...
Survival (ignore the name, I forgot which thread the survival was for) [url=Survival at Blackened Trees][/url]: 2d6 2
Luecian LongBow
Luecian LongBow

Back to top Go down

Post by Luecian LongBow Sat Oct 24, 2015 4:17 pm

Luecian,"
remarks the Septon after a long day of finding clues. "
There are some things here that do not add up. I feel like we are missing some key components to this massacre. "
Septon Arlyn strokes his chin thoughtfully and feels some stubble forming on his round cheeks.I need to clean myself up. Cleanliness is close to godliness as his holiness Ryndmun used to say. My boy we have some work to do, Septon Arlyn sets about digging a large whole in the cemetery to bury the bodies in.
Luecian LongBow
Luecian LongBow

Back to top Go down

Post by Luecian LongBow Sat Oct 24, 2015 4:17 pm

Jamys Rivers wrote:Giving up on his attempts to track the attackers to their source, Jamys sees a Septon digging graves. He nods to himself, thoughtfully, and approaches. "
Good morning sir. Can I render aid? My other efforts here seem to have fallen through..."

[OOC I hope you don't mind me butting in Septon Arlyn]
Luecian LongBow
Luecian LongBow

Back to top Go down

Post by Luecian LongBow Sat Oct 24, 2015 4:18 pm

Luecian LongBow wrote:Luecian responds to Septon Arlyn upon coming out of a trance of what he considers deep thoughts. "
Aye, I have a feeling we be missing something, but can't put me finger on it..."
As he watches the Septon begin to dig, he joins him grabbing another shovel and aids in the task. "
Not work I be fancyin Septon, but supposing it must be done eh"

Upon noticing the newcomer approach and engage the Septon in conversation, Luecian smiles a bit to himself in amusement. Reckon that be the fellow I seen earlier trying to play hunter/trapper, doubting he's much seen the wild up close.
Luecian LongBow
Luecian LongBow

Back to top Go down

Post by Luecian LongBow Sat Oct 24, 2015 4:18 pm

Jamys Rivers wrote:Jamys nodded formally in Luecien's direction "
Greetings also."
Luecian LongBow
Luecian LongBow

Back to top Go down

Post by Luecian LongBow Sat Oct 24, 2015 4:19 pm

Septon Arlyn wrote:(Ooc that's fine, just looking for conversation)

Septon Arlyn starts like a hair being broken from his reverie by the approach of a finely dressed man Septon Arlyn takes a moment to try and place where he has seen the houses colors before. "
Excuse me m'lord"
Septon Arlyn drawls slightly, "
I did not know that the representative's of house kutley had arrived yet. My name is Septon Arlyn, of house dulver and the Sept on the hearth. It is a pleasure to make your acquaintance my Lord..."
He trails off hoping that the young man would supply him with his name
Luecian LongBow
Luecian LongBow

Back to top Go down

Post by Luecian LongBow Sat Oct 24, 2015 4:19 pm

Jamys Rivers wrote:"
Jamys. Jamys Rivers. Sorry. I should have lead with that. And your rustic companion?"
Jamys smiled, "
May I know your name, friend?"
Luecian LongBow
Luecian LongBow

Back to top Go down

Post by Luecian LongBow Sat Oct 24, 2015 4:20 pm

Luecian LongBow wrote:"
Most call me Luecian Longbow good fellow. Well met Jamys, any help you be wishing to aid in this endeavor, would be welcome. Me hands are meant more for a bow than shovel eh."
He finishes with a grin despite their surroundings.
Luecian LongBow
Luecian LongBow

Back to top Go down

Aye your help would be much appreciated."
Continues Septon Arlyn. "
It's not often that I see one of the nobility offer to do manual labor such as this!"
Septon Arlyn guffaws at his little joke. "
But your help would be most appreciated Goodman. It is honorable work that men bury their dead. Sperate's us from the breasts of the field."
Septon Arlyn daps some sweat off his brow, the labor causing his face to glisten slightly. Standing up and stretching out his back, he wanders over to the cart to get another digging implement. "
Handing it with offered hand to Jamy, Septon Arlyn continues. "
the gods will look favorably on your assistance with with. "
Luecian LongBow
Luecian LongBow

Back to top Go down

Jamys Rivers wrote:"
Well met to both of you then. I'm not sure I properly belong to the nobility, though, I am a bastard, afterall."
Jamys replied, taking up the shovel, thankful he'd worn the less expensive of his garments.
Luecian LongBow
Luecian LongBow

Back to top Go down

[D1:EA] Sins against the Seven (semi-closed) Empty Re: [D1:EA] Sins against the Seven (semi-closed)

Post by Septon Arlyn Sat Oct 24, 2015 8:12 pm

After digging for a few minutes Septon Arlyn pauses and catches his breath, leaning heavily on his shovel. "
So I see you have the mark of an investigator, what do you think of the blackwoods involvement? Do you think those tree worshipers would attack a Sept of the Seven?"

(OOC you can PM if you do not want to share your findings out loud)
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

[D1:EA] Sins against the Seven (semi-closed) Empty Re: [D1:EA] Sins against the Seven (semi-closed)

Post by Jamys Rivers Sun Oct 25, 2015 3:51 am

[OOC - Ah! The conversation continued here! Post forthcoming]

Jamys Rivers

Back to top Go down

Post by Jamys Rivers Sun Oct 25, 2015 10:25 pm

"
I don't know, yet. It's hard to fathom this kind of desecration. The monks couldn't tell me anything I didn't already know, but from what I can make of the site the attackers didn't have the discipline to be knights or soldiers, so we're looking for bandits or rebels. However, even bandits or rebels could serve as proxies to a house, so it really could be either house or neither. What I really want to do is track down the perpetrators and question them. I don't suppose you two found anything, say, a trail to follow?"

Jamys Rivers

Back to top Go down

Post by Luecian LongBow Sun Oct 25, 2015 10:34 pm

Luecian stops the shovel for a moment looking at Jamys with an air of disappointment in his eyes. "
Sadly I could no spot any likely tracks nearby, me thoughts be that someone cleaned their trail good on the way out. Mayhaps if we expanded the search area and focused a bit further out, a trail might show itself. That be takin many an hour though and we aren't too far from losing the sun today. Tomorrow might be the day to follow up on that if Ser Walton or the Septon have no better ideas."

Last edited by 183 on Sun Oct 25, 2015 11:16 pm; edited 3 times in total
Luecian LongBow
Luecian LongBow

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Sun Oct 25, 2015 10:50 pm

"
Aye lad, Your mouth opens and the truth of the crone spills forth. However today we must worry about the dead, Mayhaps the 'marrow will bring Ser Walton Dulver's leave to further investigate this place. I feel if we could find the perpetrators of this crime and find who set them to purpose in attacking these humble folks,"
says Septon Arlyn, gesturing to the dead bodies on the ground. "
Then we could find the truth of who committed this crime against the Gods!"
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Jamys Rivers Mon Oct 26, 2015 2:47 am

Jamys nods sweating with the exertion of digging, "
If you do find out who is responsible, I assume you will share this information with the other investigators, given the relevance to the investigation?"

Jamys Rivers

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Mon Oct 26, 2015 3:50 am

"
Of course, m' Lord Jamy. We are here to find the truth and bring the kings justice to this land. Surely the Father will give his blessing on this endeavor of ours."
Septon Arlyn gives a smile at seeing the exhertions and progress being made by the three men. "
My Lord, Take a break and refresh yourself."
Septon Arlyn brings out a bottle of wine and unstops it. "
We have made good progress in this grim task. Let us take a moment to thank the smith for the hard labor that we have preformed here."
With that he brings out three clay goblets and pours the wine into each. Handing the best goblet to Jamy before offering the second best to Luecian. "
May the Gods offer their guidance in our investigations."
Septon Arlyn prays sincerely and takes a hearty draught from the cup.

[OOC I'm referring to you as My Lord because your status is 4 whilst mine is 3, hence even though you are a bastard you still out rank me in the world of westerous,]
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Jamys Rivers Mon Oct 26, 2015 1:25 pm

[OOC - Actually my Status is 3. House Kytley doesn't have much in the way of influence, so the Influence cap on Status holds me back a bit...]

Jamys receives the best cup with embarassment, slightly uncomfortable with the preferential treatment. "
Father grant us clear minds and honest judgement."

Jamys Rivers

Back to top Go down

Post by Luecian LongBow Mon Oct 26, 2015 1:37 pm

Luecian nods to both their words and once they are finished, proceeds to take a long gulp of wine from the goblet. "
Aye, that be surely hitting the spot there, Septon. Ain't nothing better than a drink after your labors, well almost nothing eh?"
He finishes with a wink at Jamys and follows with a chuckle as he turns back to the Septon.
Luecian LongBow
Luecian LongBow

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Mon Oct 26, 2015 3:14 pm

"
Nay, nothing better, except perhaps a hearty venison stew with some golden potatoes, leeks, and some maze in the broth, and fresh sourdough rolls. All made with the loving attention of a humble smallfolk wife,"
Septon Arlyn smiles.
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Jamys Rivers Mon Oct 26, 2015 11:00 pm

Jamys takes a sip, "
Tell me Luecian, what's your story?"

Jamys Rivers

Back to top Go down

Post by Luecian LongBow Mon Oct 26, 2015 11:20 pm

(OOC-Luecian's not quite sure how to address Jamys properly but he slowly picked up on the Septon calling him m'lord a few times so he will likely err on the side of caution as he brings up the caboose of the status train.)

Luecian postures as if thinking for a moment before breaking out in a smile."
M'lord Jamys, me new friend, I be just a simple huntsman whose family while not noble like yer own, be having a proud tradition of archers in its past. Me grandpappy ended up serving the old Lord Dulver as a longbowman and me family been in service to Lord Dulver since. Stories though me friend, I can surely share them. Why this one time on a hunt, I put down a boar and shadowcat with just a few moments to piss in between..."
He smiles even broader and laughs a bit more. "
Had to drop the spear I had in hand and pick up one with a steel point to skewer the beast..."
He takes another gulp of wine and trails off laughing a bit more while smiling in a friendly manner at Jamys.
Luecian LongBow
Luecian LongBow

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Mon Oct 26, 2015 11:47 pm

Septon Arlyn laughs along with Luecian. the boy's tail grows with every telling, before you know it he will have broken the cats neck with naught but his bare hands.

[Ooc as status goes it's always better to err on the side of an honorific then not, people will get less angry if you accidently call them Ser then to forget a title completely. Smile ]
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next