Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Prologue-Day 0, LA] - Journey through the Riverlands (Open)

+2
Benedict Marsten
Dunstan Tullison
6 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

[Prologue-Day 0, LA] - Journey through the Riverlands (Open) Empty [Prologue-Day 0, LA] - Journey through the Riverlands (Open)

Post by Dunstan Tullison Fri Mar 27, 2015 5:18 pm

Tullison caravan marched and rode through the Riverlands all morning. The treacherous mountain terrain was the hardest part of the journey, and both men, horses and pack mules felt much more relaxed traveling next to the banks of Red Fork.
However, dusk was coming, and it was time to set camp. There was a spacious enough plain near the Inn at the Kneeling Man, and soon enough pavilions were set and horses tended to, bacon was sizzling on braziers all over the campground. Ser Theomore and his nephew Lord Dunstan had another task at hands, they were to ride straight to the Inn, and meet with Ser Benedict.

The lights of the camp slowly dwindling in the background, they rode off, and soon enough found themselves in front of the already packed inn.
Getting of his courser, Dunstan pays the stable boy and approaches the worn out doors of the inn.

OOC: Took the liberty to make this thread, do delete or edit as you please.

Last edited by 115 on Fri Mar 27, 2015 6:59 pm; edited 2 times in total

Dunstan Tullison

Back to top Go down

[Prologue-Day 0, LA] - Journey through the Riverlands (Open) Empty Re: [Prologue-Day 0, LA] - Journey through the Riverlands (O

Post by Benedict Marsten Fri Mar 27, 2015 6:46 pm

Disclaimer: this is a prelude to events of the tournament. We have approval from Reader. This is to help work out our faults and build our PC interaction. You are more than welcome to point out said fault so we may all learn.

The Riverlands is dotted with many Inns across its wide expanse to accommodate weary travelers and rambunctious drinkers. Its at one of these inns the sound of revelry can be heard. The sun has just recently set. Lanterns give off a dull light through out. Smoke fills the nostrils along with sweat, leather and something roasting in the kitchen.

The common room is crowded, but with few commoners. Men at arms from different house occupy much of the space. Two serving girls busily hustle through the crowd slinging food and drink. A wide-grinning overweight innkeeper bustles to and fro patting shoulders and kissing arses.

At a rather quiet table sits Ser Ben Blackthorne with some Blackwood men awaiting the arrival of his cousin. He seems rather unamused with the Brackens taking liberties with the youngest serving girl. The young girls body language shows control, but her eyes show fear.

OoC: I had this draft but was awaiting. Whichever you prefer but an Inn seems a more likely place for a brawl and to find those smallfolk girls. Very Happy
Benedict Marsten
Benedict Marsten

Back to top Go down

[Prologue-Day 0, LA] - Journey through the Riverlands (Open) Empty Re: [Prologue-Day 0, LA] - Journey through the Riverlands (O

Post by Theomore Tullison Fri Mar 27, 2015 8:04 pm

Theomore rode along, hoping there would be a spare room at the inn. Always something to prefer over the camp. Besides, there would be better privacy, too. He slid down from his horse and just left it for his squire to control, unceremoniously walking straight in, someone else in their retinue could hold the door open for Dunstan, whatever his young nephew had to say about it, a lord should have more than just a single knight to protect him.

His eyes were immediately drawn to the serving girl, sensing an opportunity as he sees it, he makes purposeful strides to appear right besides the Bracken men, pretending to ignore them while at the same placing himself to shield her from them, his eyes fixed upon the features of her face. "
Lass, if you would be so kind as you seem lovely, may I claim your attention for a moment, my lord and I have a thirst you see..."
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Benedict Marsten Fri Mar 27, 2015 9:18 pm

The young girls shoulders relaxed slightly, her cheeks flushing at the compliment, as she turned to address the intruder/savior. "
Yes m'lord, what will you and your Lord be ..."

"
EH, EH, get your own! This sweet thing is takin' care o' us!"
The offending Bracken stands to his feet, with a slight ale induced wobble.
Benedict Marsten
Benedict Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Fri Mar 27, 2015 9:49 pm

"
My good man"
Theomore smiles disarmingly, a situation quite familiar to him, though most men would back down when their betters did not wish to wait for their turn, few liked it. Theomore did not really see himself entitled to that sort of thing, but took advantage of such customs all the same.. "
I do believe she may make up her own mind."
His left hand gently finding the girl's hip to guide her in the direction of where he had spotted Ben, the right one ready to react just in case there were too much ale in this one's belly.
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Dunstan Tullison Fri Mar 27, 2015 11:19 pm

Dunstan straightens his back and inhales a long breath, as to fill himself up with courage:
"
I trust there are no problems here, you must have misspoke, the girl surely doesn't belong to anyone and has every right to decide whom shall she give the pleasure of her own company"
he said as calmly as he could, but his voice couldn't help but tremble a bit under the influence of anger he was feeling deep inside.

No thing annoyed the young Lord as much as mistreatment of a innocent, simple country girl, and he meant to defend her honor with any means possible.

Dunstan Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Benedict Marsten Fri Mar 27, 2015 11:53 pm

As Dunstan appeared and interceded, Ben along with the three Blackwoods he sat with stood. One of the seated three Brackens gave the "
offenders"
tunic a jerk and nodded his head toward the Blackwood table.

The "
offender"
gave a smug smirk and slunk back to his seat mumbling almost unintelligiblly . "
Big talk when you got us outnumbered..."
Benedict Marsten
Benedict Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Sat Mar 28, 2015 12:50 am

Themore ignores the man, brawling was not his pedigree, tavern wenches and ale..now that was another matter entirely. "
I believe your dark ale come highly recommended"
he glances at Dunstan for approval of that suggestion. "
And I suppose it might be too much to hope for that there might be a vacant room to be had?"
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Dunstan Tullison Sat Mar 28, 2015 12:14 pm

Bracken - that name had ill reputation among Mountain' Reach, for it was fighting that wreched family that took Lord Sterl's life, and many more good Tullison men besides him. The word of these men only aggravated Dunstan even more. He knew invoking his status could send these men outside with a tail between their legs but his own romantic sense of justice prevented him to use that particular card.

Setting his eyes on his uncle who was successfully calming the situation down, and then on the girl besides him he said: "
Yes, ale. And whatever food you have cooking. You are to serve our room only."
he told the girl and handed her five silver coins.

Dunstan Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Benedict Marsten Sat Mar 28, 2015 1:20 pm

Sensing the young man must be someone of importance, she reluctantly pulls away from Theomore's grasp, bowing her head to Dunstan. "
Yes m'lord. Right away."
She looks back affectionately at Theomore as she makes her way to drinks. "
and you Ser what will you require? I will see bout a room for ya."

The Blackwoods returned to their seats and drinks. Ben waves the two Tullisons to his table. "
Aye come sit, drink, relax!"
Benedict Marsten
Benedict Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Sat Mar 28, 2015 2:44 pm

"
Ale and a warm meal does sound quite appealing indeed"
Theomore smiles warmly at her. Allowing his gaze to trail after the girl before finding his seat. If there is a bed to be had, all else he could wish for would be someone to help warm it.
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Benedict Marsten Sun Mar 29, 2015 6:01 pm

Ben nods respectively to Theomore as he approaches the table to sit and then embraces Dunstan. "
Good to see you Ser Theomore. And you cousin it has been to long. I hope your travel was not unpleasant."
Turning he points to the men at the table. "
Yoren Blackwood, Small Jon, and Bill. They were sent to make sure I made it to you safely in this neck of the woods."
With that he glances back to the Brackens.

Yoren stands bowing to the Tullison men, the others following suit. "
It is a pleasure My Lord and good Ser. But I think perhaps we will take our leave now before it is us who need protection on our travel home."
His eyes lingering on the Brackens now fuming in the corner.
Benedict Marsten
Benedict Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Dunstan Tullison Sun Mar 29, 2015 10:21 pm

"
Ser Benedict, glad to see you!"
Dunstan greeted his friend warmly. "
Tell me, is it possible that the Brackens still cause trouble in this area, after all these years?"
Dunstan asked, out loud, for he could not let go of the rudeness the men sitting at the table besides showed earlier.

Dunstan Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Sun Mar 29, 2015 10:37 pm

"
Long as there are Blackwoods and Brackens, there'll be trouble"
Theomore says with a shrug and a smile, as if he finds the ancient feud to be some amusing curiosity.
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Benedict Marsten Sun Mar 29, 2015 11:32 pm

The Blackwood men say their goodbyes and make their way out of he inn. Ben looks to the Brackens and back to the Tullisons. "
I am afraid Ser Theomore is correct. The best we can hope for is to keep from outright war."
Now he narrows his view to Dunstan with a cheerful smile. "
and how many times must I tell you cousin there is no need for formalities with me, call me Ben as when we were younger. If you require I will call you 'My Lord' but would hope in a place such as this that would not be needed."

The serving girl returns with plates of roast and vegetables smothered in a dark gravy, a warm peppery aroma rising up from them. Two clay glasses of an ale darker and thicker than the gravy are set out. She turns, curtsying to Dunstan. "
Here m'lord. I hope this is to your liking."

She looks to Theomore her eyes still cast down. "
My uncle has gotten a room available for ya Ser on account of y'all keepin the peace."

The girl looks up to the whole table her large brown eyes showing nervousness, her cheeks once again flushing red, her small chest heaving deeply. "
Will there be anything else at this time?"
Benedict Marsten
Benedict Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Sun Mar 29, 2015 11:55 pm

"
That is what knights do."
Theomore quips at the mention of keeping the peace. "
Anything else? Well, I should like to know your name, because I do not believe I guessed right with lass?"
He studies the eyes, Theomore has a liking for eyes, and the flushing of cheeks was always a nice sight. It was the subtle things in the eyes and face that showed him if his technique of choice would be the right one. The food could wait, though he samples the ale, studying her over the rim of the cup. When you have traveled the length and width of the realm, once even to the top of the wall just to be able to say that he had done just that, you have the right to act as if you have seen the world. Theomore probably would have acted as such even if he had not, a thought most humorous.
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Dunstan Tullison Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:02 am

"
Call me what you like Ben, there is no need for titles among friends. I am pleased to tell you your sister is well, the mountains do her well, and I think she is taking the castle to a liking. Camp is near so you will see her on the morrow"
, Dunstan finished talking as soon as the serving girl came, and knowing his uncle, he did not want to interfere in his games of seduction.

Noble women will marry you for lands, but pure love of life the common folk harness is unmatched the young Lord thought as he sipped on dark ale.

"
I must side with my Lord Father, the Seven guard him well, for he gave his life to defend the Blackwoods - and know him I did not, but strongly believe he would do no such thing for a lost cause."

Dunstan Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Benedict Marsten Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:41 am

"
Aimee, Ser."
Her eyes quickly avert to the floor. She begins to back away from the table. "
I will go see to your room, Ser."
She bows to Dunstan.

Bens expression is filled with joy upon hearing the news of his sister. "
It eases my heart to hear this Dunstan. I have missed her dearly. The morrow can not come quickly enough. As for the Brackens, I will always defend my family, but I have had my fill of the disputes of late. Though our mothers may hail from Blackwood loins I do believe they may have had the most sense to distance themselves form this feud."
Benedict Marsten
Benedict Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Mon Mar 30, 2015 12:23 pm

"
Aimee.."
Theomore let's it roll off his tongue. "
That is a pretty name, almost as pretty as you."
A line he had used so many times that it had grown stale in his mind, but if it works, it works....he lets her take her leave, though waits until she has left the room to shift his posture to better attack the meal in front of him.

"
Wise"
he agrees to Ben's words, though his hunger gets the better of him taking an active part in the conversation for now.
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Dunstan Tullison Mon Mar 30, 2015 2:15 pm

"
Minstrel!"
Dunstan yelled while looking around the inn "
Is there a singer in here?"

Old friends, his favorite uncle and ale warmed his heart and he wanted to order a song, Oh, Lay my sweet lass down in the Grass was a favorite of his, a song of forbidden love between a King from long time ago and a simple sheep hearder's daughter, a love that never came to be. Young Lord surely related.

Dunstan Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Benedict Marsten Mon Mar 30, 2015 4:57 pm

The other serving girl steps forward proudly. Wiping her hands on her apron she smiles coyly at Dunstan. "
M'lord we aint got no minstrel presently, but the septon says i got a nice voice. Only know a few songs though. Dont know no 'oh lay my sweet lass down'. I know 'the maid, mother and crone', 'song of the seven', 'fallen leaves' and "
she gives a quick giggle "
'Her Lil Flower'."
Benedict Marsten
Benedict Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Dunstan Tullison Mon Mar 30, 2015 5:38 pm

Charmed by the girls giggle, Dunstan boldly says "
Lil' Flower it is! A lovely song from a lovely lady such as yourself! More ale too!"

Dunstan wished he could stay here for eternity and be a farmer, but than he remembered the responsibilities he has in his own land, and finally decided to be both at the same time - a benevolent Lord who will treat all the same, without compromise.

Dunstan Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Benedict Marsten Mon Mar 30, 2015 5:54 pm

Truely the septon was right the young girls voice is beautiful, even when singing such bawdy lyrics. Many patrons join in and the building is filled with a cacophony of voices rattling the timbers followed by a loud and boisterous applause. The girl beams from ear to ear and is filled with joy at the reception of her song. She hurries of to fetch the drink.

The elevated noise level continues on after. Ben leans forward to be heard. "
I wonder what the septon would have thought of that?"
His body shakes with laughter. "
Truely this is the life..."
he stops short staring over Dunstans shoulder.

The offender is back, now holding an ale. "
You order another?"
With that he up ends the drink onto Dunstan.
Benedict Marsten
Benedict Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Dunstan Tullison Mon Mar 30, 2015 6:06 pm

Dunstan let's out a hearty laugh at the words of Ser Benedict, but as he feels ale pouring over his head the laughter stops.

Upon seeing that it was the Bracken man who did it he grabs the ale mug still filled with liquid, ready to smack the man over his head.

"
Enough is enough you craven!"

[url=initiative (Tavern Brawl)][/url]: 4d6 18

Last edited by 115 on Mon Mar 30, 2015 6:22 pm; edited 1 time in total

Dunstan Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Mon Mar 30, 2015 6:19 pm

"
Clearly!"
Theomore's voice picks up in volume, while it seems his mood is not so easily ruined as Dunstan's, there's a fair amount of malice in his tone. "
We have a man here with a very strong wish to be thrown out into the mud of the road outside."

"
Would anyone care to assist us in giving this man a good heave?"

[url=Work up the crowd's willingness to throw the offender out (persuasion-charm)][/url]: 5d6k4 15
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

[Prologue-Day 0, LA] - Journey through the Riverlands (Open) Empty Re: [Prologue-Day 0, LA] - Journey through the Riverlands (Open)

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next