Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Conflict knows no bound. (D2 EM Closed)

2 posters

Go down

Conflict knows no bound. (D2 EM Closed) Empty Conflict knows no bound. (D2 EM Closed)

Post by Yoren longshore Thu Nov 05, 2015 1:47 pm

Riding next to the beast of a man on one side and Garred on the other Yoren felt safe enough to give his retinue the day off. For miles they ride shoulder to shoulder, only pausing at what may be evidence. On this wild goosechase it's easy to feel discouraged, but maybe, just maybe, they'll find something that proves to be important.
Yoren spends most of his time talking to the grizzled veteran, and whereas others would get impatient, Yoren seems more than happy to just listen to the wisdom coming from the old man.

[Garred is superior so I assist him.]

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Conflict knows no bound. (D2 EM Closed) Empty Re: Conflict knows no bound. (D2 EM Closed)

Post by Ser Walton Dulver Fri Nov 06, 2015 8:30 am

[url=waltons assist to Garreds investigation][/url]: 3d6 14

Ser Garred's Warfare investigation [url=borderlands investigation][/url]: 6d6k4 24 so with assist 25

[url=borderlands investigation persuasion][/url]: 8d6k5 17 with assist 18

[url=borderlands investigation persuasion assist][/url]: 4d6k3 15

[url=survival assist][/url]: 4d6k2 7 failed.
Ser Walton Dulver
Ser Walton Dulver

Back to top Go down

Conflict knows no bound. (D2 EM Closed) Empty Re: Conflict knows no bound. (D2 EM Closed)

Post by Ser Walton Dulver Mon Nov 09, 2015 8:24 pm

Ser Walton and Ser Garred were riding on both sides of Yoren Longshore, followed by few soldiers from Dulvers' guard. Both: Yoren and Walton were not much talkative, as they were trying to learn something from old Captain. -You will see, Longshore: that boy is not a knight, but just give him a chance and he will shine. And will get his spurs, finally.- Was pointing sergeant of guards. -My blood- was continuing with pride in his voice -Horas. After Lord Harald Dulver's brother, who was close friend of mine.- this time pointed on Ser Walton -Walton was his squire. And in day Walton was anointed to knight, he was defending dying Ser Horas against dozen of Ironborn. Alone!- Was laughing loudly -believe me, Yoren: if I was trying to teach that brat anything about warfare, it was to not engage in fight alone, when dozen of ironborn are standing against you!- Garred reached to goatskin, drank sip of sour red wine from it and passed it to Yoren. -But I must admit: when we arrived, four of them were laying on the ground around sixteen years old Walton, the squire.- Garred was scratching his bushy beard for a while and completely changed the topic again. -Look over there...- pointed with his finger -Even blind, drunk septon can see that there were fights over here, and moved towards lands of House Darry... Blackwoods were coming from here, Brackens from here... Brackens were pushing them back, probably flanked by those woods up the hill... Blackwoods could move back towards Darry lands or get completely teared apart. I think that Blackwoods weren't choosing where they are going, they were pushed by Bracken troops: they pushed Blackwoods in the center, and closed from the side.- Walton added quickly -And after Faith Militant uprising they could afford moving into Darry's land. House Darry is seriously weakened now and everybody can run across their lands.- Garred noded with his head approving -Indeed. But problem now is that king got interested in the case. And now will come to judge.- old captain was petting his horse's neck thinking deeply -Those traces of camps are concerning me though... they can be left by Darry, Blackwoods, Brackens, or Bandits. It's hard to say now, but If You aks me, I would point on last ones. Those are Darry's lands and even our scouts are reporting groups of bandits in surrounding area. We can make little hunt later, what do You think, Yoren of House Longshore?-

[OOC: Yoren, give us RP with Your Survival rolls and I will continue the one about Garred's Persuasion roll, as it will be already from Darry's castle :;
): ]

Last edited by 179 on Tue Nov 10, 2015 7:00 am; edited 1 time in total
Ser Walton Dulver
Ser Walton Dulver

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoren longshore Mon Nov 09, 2015 8:53 pm

[url=survival with Garred][/url]: 3d6 7
Death surronds the land. The oppressive stench makes it hard to think. Yoren seems distracted, but he does his best to keep up with the investigation. Riding swiftly to avoid staying any longer than necessary he might have missed something.

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Walton Dulver Wed Nov 11, 2015 7:46 pm

After long, even with paced pushed by Yoren, road, they finally arrived at Castle Darry. Place was almost deserted, Faith Militant took it's harvest here much more than anywhere around. The remains of people were busy at their activities. Guests didn't have to watch that view for long, as delegation of soldiers, with knight in charge approached them quickly.

-Welcome in Castle Darry, m'lords. Ser Darrick Mullendore, at Your service. We've got the letter announcing Your arrival. Lord Darry is waiting in his solitude, please follow me.- he turned on his heel and vigorously marched towards the keep.

-You don't see many guests last times, I guess?- asked Ser Walton kindly.

-No. But we hope our Good king will honour us with his visit when he comes.- knight slowed down to align with others.

-Yeah, the last ones as we heard were Brackens and Blackwoods, Ser?- asked Garred, not hiding curiosity

Knight lost countenance for a moment and responded -Eeee... yes, Ser, indeed they came into our lands. In good old days we would grab their heads and hit together, but now... Now we must step aside and watch, praying that they won't destroy too much crops on our fields...- waved away with his hand.

-And what happened that day, Ser? King sent us to investigate, that's important.- Ser Garred pressed a little. While knight was thinking about the answer, he pressed a little harder -We heard that Blackwoods entered Your territory first, but the only reason why, it was that they were pursued by Brackens, am I right, Ser?-

Knight seemed a little confused, but after while replied, starting slowly, then faster -Yes, Ser, indeed that's what happened. We didn't really care about who and why, but when You mentioned it... Yes, that was how it happened, we saw it from the walls, right boys?- other soldiers were nodding approving, mumbling under their noses.

Solitude of Lord Darry was richly decorated, with weapons, shields and hunting trophies. In fireplace were few logs, fire cracked loudly. Lord Darry was standing next to it, in deep thoughts and eyes looking to the floor, with one hand put on the wall and second slowly rounding goblet with wine.

-Lord Darry.- greeting of guests shaked Lord off his thoughts, he quickly turned to them. He motioned with his hand on servant standing in the corner with jug of wine. Servant quickly filled ornamented goblets and handed them to guests.

-We are coming here in name of the King, under banner of Justice, Lord Darry. We are kindly asking You to tell us about intruders on Your lands...- before Lord Darry had chance to say something, Ser Garred added -We heard that there was a battle between Blackwoods and Brackens, and Brackens pursued Blackwoods into Darry's land. But we need confirmation, and whose if not great Lord Darry's words would be the most valuable testimony of events?-

Lord Darry was thinking for a moment and responded with strong voice, which was used to giving orders -Yes. I watched the battle from our walls. We have decided to not interfere as it's not our thing, whole Blackwood/Bracken discord. The battle was balanced, at least until Bracken's cavalry flanked from the hill. In one moment Blackwood's center started to break, then it was just formality. Brackens closed them and pursued into my territory... They were too far though for us to gather the men and intervene, but believe me: we would teach them a lesson of respect to House Darry!-
Ser Walton Dulver
Ser Walton Dulver

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down