Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[D2, MN] Missing (Open)

2 posters

Go down

[D2, MN] Missing (Open) Empty [D2, MN] Missing (Open)

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Sat Nov 07, 2015 8:52 pm

Corrine stirs from her uneasy slumber around midnight, instinctively reaching for Ben beside her.

An empty space. Cold.

Propping herself up on her elbow and blinkingly glancing around the dark room, there is no sign of him. The room is tomb-like in it's stillness.

It is then that the memories of that evening return to her. The argument. Ben storming out. She realises that is why her eyes feel grainy and tender. The same reason her pillow has a damp patch. She recalls climbing into bed and crying herself to sleep. Despite being alone, she cannot help but feel ashamed.

Unsure if he stayed away, or if something ill might have befallen him, concern creeps into her heart. She gets out of the bed, shivering a little in just her slip. She fetches her modest dressing gown and steps into her satin slippers, making herself decent, and tentatively opens the door to the landing.

There are still lights aglow downstairs in the common room, a serving girl lazily cleaning mugs in the gantry. Corrine gives her a tight smile when she reaches the bottom of the stairs.

"
Excuse me,"
she begins, a little anxiously. "
Has Benedict Marsten been in recently? He went out for a walk earlier, but he doesn't seem to have been back to his room. Have you seen him? Tall, reddish blonde hair, red cloak. He had a bottle of rum with him."

Still drowsy, and a little confused and afraid, she has no idea if anything she has said is in any way coherent or useful. She looks at the woman hopefully, but only gets a shake of the head.

"
Alright. Thank you,"
she intones, sadly.

She asks two of the on-duty Marsten guardsmen to go out and search the environs of the inn for Ben.

"
I'm sure he's just gotten lost in the dark or had too much to drink and fallen asleep somewhere silly, but if you could find him and bring him back, I would appreciate it,"
she tells them, trying to seem less worried than she is.

"
I'll stay down here until you return."

She sinks onto one of the benches, leaning on the table with her elbows, her hands fidgeting nervously. However, as the night drags on, her weariness begins to grip her again, her red-rimmed eyes grow heavy, and her head eventually sinks down onto the uneven wood of the table, and she succumbs to sleep.
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

[D2, MN] Missing (Open) Empty Re: [D2, MN] Missing (Open)

Post by Benedict Marsten Sun Nov 08, 2015 3:23 am

Ben and Ellie enter the inn in silence, Midge and the other guard in tow. Ben's heart drops when he sees his lady wife asleep on the hard table. He signals for the guards to return to their post. Then he turns to Ellie.

"
Thank you for finding me. And thank you for watching over me all these years."
He kisses her crown. "
Now go get some sleep."
He turns her towards the stairs.

He makes his way to Corrine's side. Stooping low he laces his arm under her legs and one around her back. With ease he lifts her small frame against his chest.
Benedict Marsten
Benedict Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Sun Nov 08, 2015 3:33 am

Corrine stirs a little as Ben gently lifts her. Her eyes slowly slide open, and it takes several seconds for her to focus on his face.

"
Ben... "
she murmurs drowsily. "
I was... worried... about you. It... was cold. What happened?"
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Benedict Marsten Mon Nov 09, 2015 4:06 pm

"
Sshh"
He gently whispers. "
I am sorry to have kept you waiting. Let's go to bed my love."

He carries her towards the stairs, much like he does Bethany, close to chest and with care.
Benedict Marsten
Benedict Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Mon Nov 09, 2015 7:37 pm

She drifts off again before she can quiz him further, and does not stir for the rest of the night.

[/scene]
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down