Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[D3, MM] The Gift of Friendship (Closed)

3 posters

Go down

[D3, MM] The Gift of Friendship (Closed) Empty [D3, MM] The Gift of Friendship (Closed)

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Mon Nov 09, 2015 1:55 pm

[ooc: this occurs after Gwyn &
Corrine's scene in the same slot.]

Back in their room, Corrine readies to leave for the iron mines, and Ben readies to ride for Raventree Hall. A knock at the door interrupts their preparations, but Corrine smiles when she answers it.

"
Good morning, Luecian. How are you?"

She calls behind her;

"
Ben! It's Luecian."
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

[D3, MM] The Gift of Friendship (Closed) Empty Re: [D3, MM] The Gift of Friendship (Closed)

Post by Luecian LongBow Mon Nov 09, 2015 3:04 pm

Luecian appears in the doorway with two large bags resting on the floor next to him. He smiles a bit raggedly at the lady's greeting. "
A bit tired m'lady but otherwise no worse for wear. Me apologies for intruding but I had a package or two for yerself and Lord Marsten. One from meself and one I be delivering on behalf of House Bracken to save them tired servants an extra trip."
He hands one bag to Lady Corrine and the other to Lord Bendict as he approaches. Each bag holds a large sized pelt in the familiar black and grey stripes of a shadowcat.
Luecian LongBow
Luecian LongBow

Back to top Go down

[D3, MM] The Gift of Friendship (Closed) Empty Re: [D3, MM] The Gift of Friendship (Closed)

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Mon Nov 09, 2015 7:39 pm

Corrine's eyes widen to see the silvery sheen of the fur, and she looks up at Luecian with a broad smile;

"
Thank you for bringing this, but isn't that one yours?"
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Luecian LongBow Mon Nov 09, 2015 8:25 pm

Luecian looks at the impressive pelt overcome for a moment with doubt and second thoughts. It be a right nice pelt, would be a pretty token or fetch some good coin no doubt. Not sure'n if I be regrettin this later but it feels the right thing to do. Looking up however, Lady Corrine's smile seems to wipe away the doubts and he returns her smile. "
Well reckon you're right that it was me kill and was brought to me by a young House Bracken servant this morn but well to me it feels like it should be your own. I have me own shadowskin lined cloak you mayhaps have noticed at the inn last night and its of a quality far better than a humble huntsman like me be needing. Wearing it after that beast tried to end me own life, well there's something that just feels right proud and satisfying bout that and well I be figuring you might feel the same about having a trophy or cloak from the same beast that tried to end yer own life m'lady. It's just me own thought but m'lady and m'lord would look quite dashing in matching shadowskin cloaks me thinks."
Luecian LongBow
Luecian LongBow

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Mon Nov 09, 2015 8:31 pm

Corrine's smile broadens, and he can see in her eyes that she is genuinely touched by the gesture.

"
That is ever so generous of you, Luecian. I did see your fine cloak and hear the story behind it. I was very impressed."

She strokes the fur in her hands with a renewed appreciation.

"
I am in your debt. If ever I can repay you for saving my life, and giving this wonderful gift, you need only ask."

[ooc: Corrine's disposition towards Luecian increases to Friendly.]
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Luecian LongBow Mon Nov 09, 2015 10:10 pm

Luecian gives a small bow that while graceful still appears rather unpracticed. "
Twas me own pleasure m'lady. Hopin that token brings comfort and confidence to any bad memories they way me own does. Surely you got even more to do today than me own self, so best I get on me way and try gettin some things done this morn. Be seeing you round m'lord and m'lady."
With another bow, he gets ready to depart with the noble's acknowledgement.
Luecian LongBow
Luecian LongBow

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Mon Nov 09, 2015 10:30 pm

"
Gods be with you, friend,"
Corrine says, cheerfully.
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Benedict Marsten Tue Nov 10, 2015 3:05 am

"
Not so fast Luecian."
Ben moves forward rather aggressively.

Just before reaching Luecian he cracks a large grin and puts out his hand. "
You have protected the keeper of my heart. In so doing you have protected me. Thank Luecian. I hope to repay in kind some day."
Benedict Marsten
Benedict Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Luecian LongBow Tue Nov 10, 2015 11:16 am

Luecian watched the Lord taken aback for a second by his sudden action and instincts tensing his body for a reaction if needed. Then he notes the grin and the extending hand being offered. He returns the grin and extends his own hand to the notable knight and lord. "
Again happy to be in the right spot at the right time m'lord. No doubting it was what m'lord would have done for another, no matter who they be. There likely be days with bad ends round the corner but yesterday as they say, all's well that ends well eh."
Luecian LongBow
Luecian LongBow

Back to top Go down

Post by Benedict Marsten Tue Nov 10, 2015 4:44 pm

"
Yes fate and timing are a funny thing. A little over a year ago I was the first son of a third son and a lowly sworn sword. Now I am Lord protector of House Marsten and blessed with a beautiful family of my own. You have helped keep that safe for me and I owe you."
Ben squeezes his hand firmly.

(ooc: Consider Ben owing you a favor for mechanics sake.)
Benedict Marsten
Benedict Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down