Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[D3, any] Peacemakers

+20
Ser Jergen Rohmner
Yoren longshore
Benedict Marsten
Samurel Manderly
Ser Raynald Dulver
Ser Jorah Holt
Nathaniel Mason
Ser Walton Dulver
Loreia
Baelon Drakeson
Septon Arlyn
Gwyneth Drakeson
Luecian LongBow
Lady Corrine Marsten
Theomore Tullison
Dunstan Tullison
Athelstan
Kevan Lyras
Daveth Coldbrook
Reader
24 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

[D3, any] Peacemakers Empty [D3, any] Peacemakers

Post by Reader Mon Nov 09, 2015 8:29 pm

Peacemakers
Peace is not forged by words alone. Swords and deeds are needed to bring at least temporary respite to Battle Valley and beyond. Those charged with delivering the King’s justice must choose which of their skills to rely on to bring peace to the region, or which abilities to use to enrich themselves in the chaos.

Pick three options from the below, each may only be chosen once per PC
- Thievery – TN 9 (Steal)/Deception (any) to earn coin by theft or subterfuge, abusing your position: 5GD per DoS. Stirs up resentment and adds one to “War”. 2 DoS or more on Thievery (not deception) = 10xp towards Thievery specialities.
- Awareness (notice) – to watch for abuse of process by fellow peacekeepers – TN = lowest Thievery/Deception attempt rolled to detect it. If you beat any other Thievery/Deception roll by three or more, you may choose to detect that miscreant instead. Potential to increase Peace and award experience towards notice, depending on how discoveries are handled.
- Persuasion/Deception (any) TN 9 – turn your persuasive ways to fostering peace or fuelling resentment. Success adds 1 to "
War"
or "
Peace"
. Highest score = +2 glory. Next two highest scores = +1 glory.
- Healing (any) TN 9 – two highest scores earn 10xp towards Healing or its specialities. Adds one to “Peace”. 2 DoS or more = +1 glory.
- Knowledge (Education) – a firm grasp of legal precedents is an invaluable asset, sorting out lingering disputes and clarifying rulings to avoid any misunderstandings that might poison a peace. [An additional Cunning (Memory) TN9 test may be taken if this option is selected, generating +1 to the final Knowledge (Education) test per DoS]. Adds one to “War” or “Peace” if successful. Highest two scores gain 10xp to Knowledge/Cunning or related specialities. 2 DoS or More = +1 glory.
- Warfare – involve yourself in a pitched battle to disperse raiders, looters and roving mercenaries.
- Personal Combat – hunt down individual enemies menacing the disputed territories before they can take part in any large scale warfare. [Enemies not defeated will attach during any large scale Warfare, making these combats more dangerous]. Some of these combat scenes will come with additional complications. +1 glory for defeating an opponent. Adds one to Peace.

- Various other spot awards as I see fit.
- Please note “War” or “Peace” contributions at the bottom of your post.

- Warfare: Major battles – two identical battles, characters cannot participate in the both battles. Hopefully you lot can come to an allied conclusion on who leads these, otherwise I step in. Evil or Very Mad
o Commander 3D +1B: Merrick the Red and Steffon the Reaver.
o Infantry Fighting 3, Athletics 3, Endurance 3 – Upgraded armour. AR 4, CD 5. Damage 4.
o Cavalry (Stots) Athletics 3, Endurance 4 (mount), Fighting 4, Animal Handling 3. AR 5, CD 4. Damage 6.
o Archers Marksmanship 4, Agility 3. AR 2, CD 6. Fighting damage 1, marksmanship damage 5.
o Victory adds two to Peace. Victorious commander earns 2 glory, to allocate as he sees fit. Only houses contributing a commander or military units may be allocated glory.

- All enemies (below) not defeated in combat will attached to units, adding +1D to fighting/marksmanship.

Personal combat – the hateful eight (randomly allocate yourself an opponent using orokos, ruling a dice appropriate to the unclaimed foes, starting with the top option as #1)
- Brandon the Wild Woodsman: a large man with a two handed axe
- Ser Wyll Rivers – a hedge knight prone to issuing “challenges” and disrupting trade at key bridges and passes.
o Begins on horseback using jousting rules. Non-knights have reroll this choice – he prefers to challenge knightly opponents!
- The Brothers Wylde – disgraced knightly cousins of Lord Jasper Wylde, the master of laws. Accused of a sexual assault, the three fled the Stormlands to live as robber knights.
o Three opponents: you can volunteer for this one and may reroll if allocated it by the dice) [I may allow a second PC to join this if we’re oversubscribed]
- The Demon Raho - A foreign mercenary with an exotic fighting style.
- Derrick the Sergeant A veteran fighter who favours the poleaxe to pierce heavy armour.
- Black Jack – a miner who lost his livelihood in the fighting and has turned his strength to claiming a living with the aid of his mace and large shield.
- Ser Jon Rivers – a bull of a hedge knight who has felled Blackwood and Bracken alike with his mighty ball &
chain. Both houses would rejoice at his defeat.
- A face from the past: Ser Hugo Rivers, defeated by Kevan Lyras in the lists at Riverrun. Investigated by Edmund Lyras for his part in some unknown scheme involving the Blackwoods at Riverrun.
o He is unruly and failing to recognise the royal peace, you may wish to merely subdue him.
o Can be faced with lance or on foot, player’s choice.
[Okay, there are 10 opponents but ones a 3v1: give me some poetic license on the Hateful Eight thing]

- For metagaming reasons the management strongly advise taking the combat/warfare scenes BEFORE early night.
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

[D3, any] Peacemakers Empty Re: [D3, any]

Post by Reader Mon Nov 09, 2015 8:30 pm

- PCs are encouraged to create their own combat scenes and "
buddy-up"
with another PC to handle mechanics. I will provide stats and tactics for your foes.
- Same applies to Warfare scenes.
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

[D3, any] Peacemakers Empty Re: [D3, any] Peacemakers

Post by Daveth Coldbrook Mon Nov 09, 2015 8:51 pm

[url=Peacemakers - Healing (TN9)][/url]: 4d6k3 13 Meh, screw it. Spend 1 DP to turn bonus die into Test die, giving +2. 15
+1 Peace, +1 Glory

[url=Peacemakers - Cunning to help Knowledge (TN9)][/url]: 4d6 13 +1
[url=Peacemakers - Knowledge (Edu) (TN9)][/url]: 5d6k4 17 Total: 18 2 DoS
+1 Peace, +1 Glory

[url=Peacemakers - Persuasion (TN9)][/url]: 4d6 13 Forgot +2, so 15. 2 DoS.
+1 Peace

Daveth followed up on rumours of sickness in a particular village near the border, to find that it was true - a dire sickness had taken hold, and, while no-one had died yet, were it unattended, it could easily spread across the area and cause a good number of deaths. Access to clean water was essential for treatment, but it seemed they and a village across the border had a dispute over access to the local minor streams, going back generations, but not considered important enough by the lords to waste time on.

Using his legal knowledge, Daveth managed to get both villages to accept a compromise that left both villages with access to just about sufficient water, even if less than they wanted, and with that out of the way, managed to bring the disease under control before it spread outside the village. In the end, while a fair few would carry a few more scars for the rest of their life, no-one died, and at least one potential spark of future conflict had been quashed.

+3 Peace, +2 Glory

Last edited by 133 on Sat Nov 21, 2015 2:23 pm; edited 2 times in total
Daveth Coldbrook
Daveth Coldbrook

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevan Lyras Mon Nov 09, 2015 9:14 pm

[RP to come]

Rolls
[url=Convince (Peacemakers)][/url]: 5d6k4+2 19
Warfare - I'd be very interested in commanding one of the battles (fits my personal goal nicely :;
): )
Last roll depends - I'd fight one of the h8ful 8, but only if I don't command or one of the fighters remains unclaimed

+1 Peace

Last edited by 157 on Mon Nov 09, 2015 11:24 pm; edited 1 time in total

Kevan Lyras

Back to top Go down

Post by Athelstan Mon Nov 09, 2015 9:16 pm

RP to follow in a bit

[url=Peacemakers - Persuasion (Charm) TN 9][/url]: 5d6k4+2 18 - 2 DoS
+1 Peace

Warfare:
Hope to find someone I can join, if not possible will roll something else.

Personal Combat:
Brothers Wylde

Athelstan

Back to top Go down

Post by Dunstan Tullison Mon Nov 09, 2015 9:20 pm

Will RP later

[url=Persuasion (Peacemakers)][/url]: 4d6 14 (+1 War)

Personal Combat: [url=Personal Combat Opponent Rellocation][/url]: 1d7 5 - I get Derrick the Sergeant!

[url=Knowledge (Peacemaker)][/url]: 3d6 6 - Dud.

Dunstan Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Mon Nov 09, 2015 9:35 pm

If Dunstan doesn't want to go to battle, I think Theomore very well might do so.
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Mon Nov 09, 2015 9:43 pm

Corrine knows to leave the more forceful side of peace-making to those with martial training. Instead, she focuses on lending her own best-suited abilities to the peace process. She quietly observes, considers, mediates, and persuades. It is not just empty charm either, but measured discourse, trying in earnest to build bridges between the feuding Houses of Blackwood &
Bracken.

[url=Awareness][/url]: 3d6 8
[url=Persuasion (Convince)][/url]: 6d6k5 23
[url=Cunning (Memory)][/url]: 2d6 4
[url=Knowledge (Education)][/url]: 4d6k3 17

+2 to Peace.

Last edited by 151 on Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:23 pm; edited 3 times in total
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Mon Nov 09, 2015 9:54 pm

Oh, heck, let's go with personal combat:

[url=opponent][/url]: 1d8 8 Ser Hugo..let the game of cheating jousters begin?
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Luecian LongBow Mon Nov 09, 2015 10:05 pm

Awareness:
[url=PeaceKeepers-Awareness][/url]: 4d6k3 12

Warfare-
Luecian likely attached to House Dulver Archers would be available to join a battle.

Personal Combat-[url=Personal Combat Roll][/url]: 1d8 8
If allowed I will volunteer with Athelstan to go after the Brother Wylde, otherwise I rolled an 8 also, let me know if I should reroll since Ser Theo also rolled an 8.
Luecian LongBow
Luecian LongBow

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwyneth Drakeson Mon Nov 09, 2015 10:19 pm

Persuasion (Charm):
[url=Persuade (Charm) in Peacemakers][/url]: 6d6k4 9
lol, yeah, hotness reroll time
[url=Hotness reroll of 1s in Peacemakers][/url]: 3d6 12
Annnnnd...rolled one too many dice, but basically if I take the 2 highest that I rerolled it winds up being a roll of 5, 4, 4, 2...
Total: 15, Plusses for Peace!
Good god...at least I managed to squeak 2 DoS out of that. >
Sad

Awareness:
[url=Awareness in Peacemakers][/url]: 4d6 13
Blegh

Knowledge:
[url=Knowledge in Peacemakers][/url]: 3d6 6
Good god...I think Gwyn needs to stay home or something. I've been rolling like crap a LOT lately.
Gwyneth Drakeson
Gwyneth Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Mon Nov 09, 2015 11:04 pm

[url=Convince the refugees to be peaceful][/url]: 7d6k5+2 27
TN 9 - 27 = 18 = 4 DOS towards peace

1 peace 1 glory

[url=Bandage the wounds of the refugees (treat injuries healing check)][/url]: 5d6k4 16

TN 9 - 16 = 9 = 2 DOS

1 peace, 1 glory

[url=cunning memory test][/url]: 3d6 13

TN 9 - 13 = 4 = 1 DOS

3 peace, 3 glory

[url=Knowlege education to determine legal recourse][/url]: 6d6k4 21

TN 9 - 21 - 1 = 13 = 3 DOS

1 peace, 1 glory

[Placeholder RP to come]

Last edited by 167 on Mon Nov 23, 2015 4:02 am; edited 3 times in total
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Baelon Drakeson Mon Nov 09, 2015 11:06 pm

[url=Peacemakers Persuasion(Charm)][/url]: 6d6+2 19 2#1d6 2 6 ->
[url=Peacemakers Charm Lucky Reroll][/url]: 6d6+2 19 2#1d6 2 2 ->
20. Seriously Orokos?
+1 Peace

Warfare - Would love a commander slot for the same reason as Kevan, but with only two I suspect there will be fierce competition for those. At minimum a sub-commander slot.

[url=Personal Combat target:][/url]: 1d6 4
Ser Jon Rivers

EDIT: added useless lucky reroll.
EDIT2: Reprising war and peace info at bottom of post as per Reader instruction in initial post.

+1 Peace (Persuasion 20, 3 DoS)

Last edited by 111 on Tue Nov 10, 2015 1:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Baelon Drakeson
Baelon Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Loreia Tue Nov 10, 2015 7:44 am

Time slot TBD

[url=Hateful Eight][/url]: 1d8 5
Derrick the Sergeant. I'm guessing he's gone beyond his station for a noble cause or out of prideful indignation, and defected.
Kevan wrote:Loreia, the Sergeant is already claimed by Dunstan. There are only 4 left unclaimed:
Then I choose the Demon!

Warfare
I will attach to a unit as a hero. Probably Morningstar.

Awareness (Notice)
[url=Awareness - Day 3, Peacemakers][/url]: 3d6+1 13
For those of you who have yet to roll Thievery, beat 13...if you dare! Laughing

Personal combat won - +1 Glory, +1 Peace

Last edited by 129 on Mon Nov 23, 2015 7:05 am; edited 3 times in total
Loreia
Loreia

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevan Lyras Tue Nov 10, 2015 8:22 am

Loreia, the Sergeant is already claimed by Dunstan. There are only 4 left unclaimed:

1 Brandon the Wild Woodsman
2 Ser Wyll Rivers
3 The Brothers Wylde – Athelstan &
Luecian (?)
4 The Demon Raho
5 Derrick the Sergeant - Dunstan
6 Black Jack
7 Ser Jon Rivers – Baelon
8 Ser Hugo Rivers - Theomore

I guess you either keep counting with the 5, ending at Brandon the Woodsman or you reroll on a 1d4

Kevan Lyras

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Walton Dulver Tue Nov 10, 2015 10:29 am

[url=opponent peacemakers][/url]: 1d4 3

[url=Peacemakers Persuasion][/url]: 6d6k5 18, with assist 19

[url=peacemakers persuasion assist][/url]: 4d6k3 16

Kevan Lyras wrote:Loreia, the Sergeant is already claimed by Dunstan. There are only 4 left unclaimed:

1 Brandon the Wild Woodsman
2 Ser Wyll Rivers
3 The Brothers Wylde – Athelstan &
Luecian (?)
4 The Demon Raho
5 Derrick the Sergeant - Dunstan
6 Black Jack
7 Ser Jon Rivers – Baelon
8 Ser Hugo Rivers - Theomore

I guess you either keep counting with the 5, ending at Brandon the Woodsman or you reroll on a 1d4

So Demon Raho! Will add other rolls etc later

P.s. i am a little bit confused- participatng in personal combat means o can't take part in battle?Surprised

Okay, i see now Razz i eill also choose Warfare, as Ser Walton and Ser Garred can take big part over there Very Happy

Walton will fight, I would like Garred to be main commander (seems like best option) and roll Persuasion as Garred with Walton's assist.

Last edited by 179 on Tue Nov 10, 2015 6:04 pm; edited 2 times in total
Ser Walton Dulver
Ser Walton Dulver

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathaniel Mason Tue Nov 10, 2015 11:06 am

[url=Thievery][/url]: 3d6 14

Merchant Goodman returned late. It had been a busy and very profitable day. Returning to his study, he lowered his considerable bulk into a heavy padded chair and set to updating his records. It was first an annoyance, then consternation, then genuine fear when he realized the records were gone.

"
Looking for something, Master Goodman?"

The merchant's head snapped up to see Nathan sitting in a comfortable chair by the fire reading a large tome. "
Master Mason!"

They boy did not look up from his book. "
There is a saying in Highgarden. Never deal with a skinny merchant and never trust a fat one. Words I live by."

"
This is very unexpected."
said Goodman carefully. "
Was there something I could do for you? How did you get in?

"
I got in by the door."
replied Nathan. "
For a man of your wealth, your locks are surprisingly shit. As to what you can do... you can stop stealing from me. The money you received was intended for Blackbuckle. I work very had for my money, usually servicing men like you. When I spend it, I expect to receive what I paid for. Were you not compensated enough that you felt the need to skim even more?"

"
Harlan. Come in here please."
called the merchant. "
I'm sure I don't know what you mean."

Nathan laughed but did not look up from his book. "
Based on the documents I've stolen from you, I think we both know that is a lie. They were very interesting reading.

The sections on food and grains was especially enlightening. Heavy starvation lays across the countryside, yet your warehouses are full to the brim. The hard winter, false spring, and following war all helped to skyrocket the price of food, yet your stocks remain untouched as you hope for even more. The presence of a large occupying force has only increased your advantage. Wealthy Houses with heavy purses provide you with even more customers for you to fleece. It doesn't matter to you that the Blackwood and Bracken troops have been pushed to the limit of their discipline. Bad enough that they must deal with brutality, abuses of power and possibly even rapes by the occupying forces, but it seems they must do so on an empty stomach.

A broad shouldered guard entered. Harlan was an athletic man in his twenties with dark hair and chiseled features. "
Ah, Harlan."
smiled the merchant. "
This whore has stolen something from me. Kill him and retrieve it please."

Nathan did not look up from his book.

Harlan did not move.

Goodman's smile began to fade. "
Harlan. Do as I say."

Harlan still did not move.

"
What is he paying you to betray me?"
the fat merchant began to sweat. "
I'll double it. I'll triple it!"

Only now did Nathan look up from his book. With a sigh, he rose. "
I haven't paid him anything. Greedy men always assume it is money that motivates people above all. It's not true. Harlan isn't betraying you. He is your bodyguard, not your assassin. He knows that I have no intention of harming you, so he is not betraying his duty to you. Also, you may not know that Harlan was born in Blackbuckle and recently lost both his mother and sister to the tragedy. I can imagine that he is not particularly pleased you are trying to profiteer off their suffering and hinder my efforts to restore the village."

Nathan returned the leather bound tome to it's place on the shelf. "
I must compliment you on your library, Master Goodman. It is easily the largest collection on Trade and Tariff I have ever seen. If you ever want to sell it, let me know."

[url=Cunning (Memory)][/url]: 5d6k4 18
[url=Knowledge (Education)][/url]: 4d6+2 15
[url=Knowledge (Education) - Lucky][/url]: 4d6+2 +2 BoA 22

"
What are you going to do to me?"
asked Goodman, realizing that what ever advantage he may have had was gone.

"
Do to you?"
Nathan looked confused. "
Nothing. I don't need to."
He laid both hands lightly on the desk and leaned in. "
I don't think you realize just how irrelevant you are."
He smiled and straightened. "
Tomorrow I will be sending messages to my contacts in Highgarden and Lannisport. The price of food and grain is about to plunge through the floor. I expect you will be bankrupt by the end of the month."
Returning to the chair he threw his cloak over his arm. "
I will, of course, expect you to uphold your agreements with me... honestly and in full. I expect our association will be strained enough without you continuing to steal from me. I honestly believe that dealing fairly with me is in your own best interests, but the choice is yours."

[url=Persuasion (Convince) - Peacemakers][/url]: 6d6k5 14

Nathan turns to leave. "
Harlan, if you ever find yourself without employment, by all means let me know. I can always use a man who does his duty."

[+3 Peace.
Foreshadowing in this passage courtesy of Reader.
I take no responsibility for actions or consequences taken as a result. Very Happy

Edited for Lucky re-roll of Knowledge]

Last edited by 119 on Tue Nov 10, 2015 1:27 pm; edited 3 times in total
Nathaniel Mason
Nathaniel Mason

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Tue Nov 10, 2015 11:20 am

[ooc - Walton, Loreia is facing the Demon Raho, so I'll bump you along to Black Jack unless you want to reroll. You can fight and take part in warfare - they are separate choices.

All please note Nathaniel's collaboration - some foreshadowing buried in there.

Also note Nathaniel took no gold, a slight tweak to the thievery mechanics. Please reflect this if you spot him!]
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Walton Dulver Tue Nov 10, 2015 11:27 am

Reader wrote:[ooc - Walton, Loreia is facing the Demon Raho, so I'll bump you along to Black Jack unless you want to reroll. You can fight and take part in warfare - they are separate choices.

All please note Nathaniel's collaboration - some foreshadowing buried in there.

Also note Nathaniel took no gold, a slight tweak to the thievery mechanics. Please reflect this if you spot him!]

I'm good with Jack Black Smile
Ser Walton Dulver
Ser Walton Dulver

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Jorah Holt Tue Nov 10, 2015 12:07 pm

I'll catch up with rolls shortly, but Ser Jorah would like to lead one of the battles.

Do injuries from the combats carry over into the battles?

Ser Jorah Holt

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Tue Nov 10, 2015 12:09 pm

Ser Jorah Holt wrote:I'll catch up with rolls shortly, but Ser Jorah would like to lead one of the battles.

Do injuries from the combats carry over into the battles?

We'll ignore them, milk of the poppy halves penalties plus some narrator handwave to speed things along. They affect other rolls until healed however.
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Jorah Holt Tue Nov 10, 2015 12:19 pm

also, can cohorts do some of the actions for the PC?

[url=hateful eight][/url]: 1d2 2 - Ser Wyll Rivers it is

Ser Jorah Holt

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Tue Nov 10, 2015 12:23 pm

Ser Jorah Holt wrote:also, can cohorts do some of the actions for the PC?

[url=hateful eight][/url]: 1d2 2 - Ser Wyll Rivers it is

Sorry, no, inline with the policy outlined in the original King's justice thread. Sad
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevan Lyras Tue Nov 10, 2015 12:31 pm

So far we have 3 candidates for commanders of the battles and personal combat looks to have enough candidates as well. My suggestion: Can we maybe ensure that everybody that is interested gets at least a commander position or a combat scene before signing up for both?

Kevan Lyras

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Jorah Holt Tue Nov 10, 2015 12:39 pm

I'll step aside on the combat and tis 4 candidates for the commander
Ser kevan
Ser Jorah
Lord baelon
Ser garred nee Dulver

This can take up any slot on the day?
Does that include the battle or is that going to be its own special slot?

Ser Jorah Holt

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next