Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[D3, any] Peacemakers

+20
Ser Jergen Rohmner
Yoren longshore
Benedict Marsten
Samurel Manderly
Ser Raynald Dulver
Ser Jorah Holt
Nathaniel Mason
Ser Walton Dulver
Loreia
Baelon Drakeson
Septon Arlyn
Gwyneth Drakeson
Luecian LongBow
Lady Corrine Marsten
Theomore Tullison
Dunstan Tullison
Athelstan
Kevan Lyras
Daveth Coldbrook
Reader
24 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

[D3, any] Peacemakers - Page 4 Empty Re: [D3, any] Peacemakers

Post by Ser Walton Dulver Tue Nov 24, 2015 6:11 pm

By the way:

Ser Garred Mountfort, Commander of Allied Forces, gives Glory point, as reward for exceptional duty to Ser Walton Dulver and Ser Theomore Tullison.

[D3, any] Peacemakers - Page 4 MOH-Army-sm133.gif
Ser Walton Dulver
Ser Walton Dulver

Back to top Go down

Post by Baelon Drakeson Tue Nov 24, 2015 6:40 pm

I don't think they'd get an air force medal though. Laughing
Baelon Drakeson
Baelon Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Tue Nov 24, 2015 6:42 pm

Athelstan wrote:
Loreia wrote:Winning a personal combat: +1 Glory, +1 Peace.

I see the +1 Glory, but I think it has no Peace, just that you make the Warfare battles easier by killing sub-commanders I think, but Reader can clarify. It does make sense to the +1 Peace or War depending on how it's handled by the PC's.

It says "
adds one to peace"
in the first post. :;
):
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoren longshore Tue Nov 24, 2015 6:43 pm

He is pretty fly, for a white guy.

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Walton Dulver Tue Nov 24, 2015 6:46 pm

Baelon wrote:I don't think they'd get an air force medal though. Laughing

most of damage was done from air, does it count?
Ser Walton Dulver
Ser Walton Dulver

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Tue Nov 24, 2015 6:49 pm

Reader wrote:
Athelstan wrote:
Loreia wrote:Winning a personal combat: +1 Glory, +1 Peace.

I see the +1 Glory, but I think it has no Peace, just that you make the Warfare battles easier by killing sub-commanders I think, but Reader can clarify. It does make sense to the +1 Peace or War depending on how it's handled by the PC's.

It says "
adds one to peace"
in the first post. :;
):

But I was unsure if every person gained one glory and added one peace, or if it was only one per the hateful 8, as we had some people who double (or triple) teamed the hateful 8.
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:20 am

The scene with multiple NPCs was worth 2 glory, split between multiple pcs (one each, or 2 if someone had soloed it).
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Tue Mar 15, 2016 9:31 pm

Bump and viewtopic.php?p=58413#p58413 for the Septon's helpful tallying up.
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Baelon Drakeson Tue Mar 15, 2016 9:46 pm

Blast from the past...

Septon Arlyn wrote:1) Septon Arlyn 27 +1 peace +2 glory
2) Lady Corrine 23 +1 peace +1 glory
3?) Ser Theomore Tullison 22 +1 war +1 (with treacherous)
or tied for 3) Samuel/ Lord Baelon Drakeson tie with 20

Was it ever decided if Treacherous applied or not?
Baelon Drakeson
Baelon Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Tue Mar 15, 2016 9:49 pm

Not applying treacherous to spread prizes around a little more.
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Darron Greyjoy Mon Oct 31, 2016 2:27 pm

Darron looks over the lands around. Its in stark contrast to the beauty he was surrounded with just yesterday. It would be the most opportune time to improve his own fortunes but with so many eyes and ears about from the investigation he quickly dropped that as a possible course of action. Helping out with the peacekeeping shall suffice at least for now. Darron begins by confronting a small group of peasants arguing amongst themselves. Each side believes the other has committed some petty crime ranging from stealing clothing to stealing apples. Darron appraises the situation.

Spending a DP to get my intimidation spec.

[url=Persuasion (Intimidate) TN 9][/url]: 4d6k3 12

"
Quiet! I've heard enough about this bloody petty squabble! Look around you, do you not think you have more pressing matters like surviving instead of wasting time being at each others throats! Yes in stable times these problems would be met with the justice they deserve but take just a moment to think about the situation your in right now, your children are hungry, the livestock you own are also malnourished and you would rather bicker than help each other."
The peasants remain silent throughout Darrons speech seeming to come to the realisation of there possible hopelessness. With that Darron finishes his inspection of area and moves on.

(Combat would take place here but still hammering out the details.)

Returning to the hall Darron hears that groups will be going out to remove raiders from the area. With this he joins in on the strategizing.

[url=Warfare TN ??][/url]: 3d6k3 8

(Will update with RP.)
Darron Greyjoy
Darron Greyjoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Tristayne Tullison Wed Nov 02, 2016 6:03 pm

Tristayne was not a scholar of the laws and precedents of the area in particular, but his voracious appetite for learning and tendency to arrive in legal difficulties on occasion had left him with some acuity for it. In the service of his cousin, though in these early days the terms of his employment were not truly specified, he travelled around the embattled land by cart to several of the local landowners and merchants. He would stop and parley with any merchant he met on the road, sharing a meal with them and discussing their opinions of the peace. He was glad of the assignment, enjoying the cool, humid air as it soothed his leg, and enjoying the time on the road for avoiding walking on his clanking metal-wood brace. He had not brought along his sister, and each evening of his travels he took a moment to pray, as she would have wanted of him, despite the pain of kneeling.

He would do his utmost to find the most hawkish of the merchants and to address their grievances. Numerous times he would provide conciliatory advice to locals in need of it, providing them with legal resolutions to their issues with the peace proceedings and hopefully to make them more accepting of the situation, usually over a pot of tea, the one commodity that he always brought with him on his travels.

[url=Knowledge(Education)][/url]: 5d6 24 (This may be a contender for the highest, or near enough, giving me an extra 10exp, which I'll spend on Knowledge (Education).)

Along with this, he put to work his considerable powers of charm and deception to calm and soothe the populace, mingling with the great, the good, the poor and the ugly of all the local villages. He would spend funds to do it, but he would see that anyone willing to host him would have their expenses paid, and that he would stand by them, whispering in their ears of peace, convincing them to be calm with their neighbours and to be good subjects.

[url=Persuasion to Bring Peace][/url]: 4d6 15

+1 Peace, along with a further +1 from the Knowledge.

Last edited by 236 on Thu Nov 03, 2016 4:46 pm; edited 1 time in total

Tristayne Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Loreia Thu Nov 03, 2016 12:04 pm

Peacemakers is an event long closed, new winners cannot be determined once the event is over and winners have already been named.

"
Persuasion/Deception"
means you may choose one or the other (the "
any"
does not allow applying Deception specialty bonus dice to a roll for Persuasion). I would rule that the first ability between the two that you rolled for is the one that counts, whether higher or lower.
Loreia
Loreia

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Thu Nov 03, 2016 12:42 pm

It's possible that one can get prizes for beating the previous winners, has happened before in such cases, but those who got prizes for finishing first when the event was originally closed never looses their rewards.

Could redirect the deception to subterfuge and gaining some coins maybe? Same dices and DoS between them, so shouldn't matter which is what.
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Tristayne Tullison Thu Nov 03, 2016 4:45 pm

There's nothing else I'd like to do. I'll cut out the Deception roll and leave it at that. Subterfuge to steal from victims of war is not within Tristayne's range of ethics at current.

Tristayne Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Baelon Drakeson Thu Nov 03, 2016 4:51 pm

There's no harm in throwing a few dice at Awareness or Healing. You might have low odds of getting something from it, but lose nothing in the attempt, right?
Baelon Drakeson
Baelon Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Tristayne Tullison Thu Nov 03, 2016 6:37 pm

I suppose I did have some luck with healing in the inn detonation event.

Tristayne also, as he wandered, took pause by those he found sick and injured, binding bleeding wounds and removing splinters of wood or weapon where he could manage it. He was not a master healer but he went about it the best he could. Many seemed grateful for his helping hand. Unbeknownst to him, and to many of those he "
treated"
, he had left some splinters in wounds by accident, forcing them further into the flesh by binding, and had in some cases infected them through his tools. Many would die because of him, and several of the smallfolk would realise he had done it, on purpose or by accident as they died, perhaps telling their families.

[url=Healing the Wounded][/url]: 2d6 8

Tristayne Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Jon Templeton Mon Nov 14, 2016 5:51 am

[url=Peacemakers- AWR roll][/url]: 4d6k4 16

While some may have seen the chaos as an opportunity for profit and personal gain, Ser Jon did not share that opinion. The young knight kept a vigilant eye on those he felt might try to gain from the unrest. The underhanded may curse my vigilance but those with honor and integrity will take notice. Those are the people whose opinions I care for.

[ooc]Backfilling some old events and while I know I lack Marty McFly and Doc's time machine, I would have discovered some ne'er-do-wellers.[/ooc]

Before the battle was to begin the group calling themselves the Hateful Eight had to be dealt with. "
The damned fools can't seem to be able to count, let alone know when it's best to surrender."
Jon laughed derisively in reference to the fact there were ten of them. "
I shall sally forth and bring them to justice in the King's name."

The Hateful Eight had been dealt with and the time had come for the larger battle. Ser Jon knew his "
place"
among the assembled lords and knights and made no attempt to ask for command of any units in the battle to come. Instead Jon asked Ser Theomore to ride with the Tullison Cavalry. During the conversation Jon noted to his former tutor, "
I'm best with an axe, but my former master showed me a thing or two with the lance."
Jon smiled, thinking back to his memories of Theomore teaching him the nuances of the joust.

[Ser Jon will attach to the Tullison Cavalry]
Jon Templeton
Jon Templeton

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4