Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What an artist dies in him? (D3 EN Open.)

+4
Theomore Tullison
Dunstan Tullison
Lady Corrine Marsten
Yoren longshore
8 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

What an artist dies in him? (D3 EN Open.) Empty What an artist dies in him? (D3 EN Open.)

Post by Yoren longshore Sun Nov 15, 2015 11:39 pm

OOC: open to all wishing to see Athelstans last journey.
Warning: I've done my best to avoid stepping on anyones toes OOC but any complaints should not be dealt with here.

What is earth but something that gives nourishment to plants? What is plants then, but something to give nourishment to mankind? What is mankind then, but something to enrich the earth? What else than flames keep our nourishment to dwindle through enthropy? This most cruel force of nature, that ensures that life will soon come to pass. Fire from the sun prolongs our existence,  but soon it will all come to pass, just like Athelstans life came to pass. Dragged so cruelly away from life at 22, barely out of his teens, still not done with the passionate fire of his first love.

Quiet surronds Yoren, quiet and death. Yoren reflects that he has been given a good spot to hold his small speech. Tinder and firewood there is plenty of, all stacked to create a massive pyre, tar covering so it looks like a huge black tent. Close by lies the stream Athelstan will be thrown in to be moved to the sea, where he spent such a big part of his short life. Yoren is shaken out of a long lasting reverie as he sees several smallfolk walking in with dozens of buckets. They don't seem to trust the fire priest with fire, do they? He thinks to himself. He senses that people are about to come, he feels the hot aura of the living, he has to get ready...

Yoren meticulously drags Athelstans body from the dressing room on a stretcher to where he has placed the big slab of rock: straight in front of the pyre. On the way a barrel of wine was pushed over, but fortunately nothing spilled onto Athelstan, and
Yoren was quick to store the barrel in the dressing room, and after ensuring nothing spilled on Athelstan Yoren looks out at the stage.

When Yoren inspects the benches he sees that they are placed well:
Respectfully distant, but still close enough to see Athelstans remains, to hear the sound of the last song dedicated to this bastion of a man, who'd break before bending to injustice, to feel the fire, both from the material realm and from beyond. Yoren hurriedly closes Athelstans eyes, folds Athelstans hands over his chest and parts his lips slightly.
Yoren then hurries into the makeshift dressing room to get clad, gather strength, and wait for the ones close to Athelstan to gather.

Yoren doesn't want to get his hopes for the amount of people gathering, so while he waits he distracts himself with reading. The barrel of wine proved tempting indeed, but through willpower Yoren resisted. If the death of two brothers, while his father could be breathing his last painful breaths, wasn't enough to incapacitate him, then a barrel could surely not defeat him.
An hour went by before Yoren felt it was right to make his entry.
He lights a torch as he exits, and throwing it at the pyre he makes a grand entry indeed. The entry becomes even grander when he throws a small bag at the fire to make the flames that lick at the wood purple.

"
Lord, cast your light upon us. For the night is dark and full of terrors!"
He says in a booming voice far deeper than his usual baritone.

He pauses for a moment to apprise the crowd before continuing:
"
We are gathered here for a last farewell to Athelstan, violently taken away before his twenty third year. Ferris has lost two sons in the span of nine months, and he has indeed lost two sons. Athelstan spent much of his life seeking acknowledgement, seeking approval, seeking recognition. In his death he proved his qualities beyond question. Not backing down from what he believed was right, regardless of the forces stacked against him. Not putting the lives of his men at risk, even though it could have saved him. In losing him we lose a great man indeed, but where we lose, God gains a valiant servant indeed. Just as Ferris came to recognise Athelstan as his son, just as I came to reckognise him as my brother, just as our men recognised him as a leader, so shall God reckognise him as a valuable servant, and will reward him above and beyond what we in this life could."
Yoren pauses briefly to throw something on the fire that makes them turn green for a split second.

"
Many has lost something on this fell day, but rejoice, for although we've lost something dear to us, Athelstan is now in a new and better place than ever before. Rejoice for what he has won. Rejoice for what he has achieved. Rejoice, for although his mortal coil is unmoving, his spirit is free. We can join him soon enough, singing and dancing, but just as you have to queue up for everything in life, you have to queue up for your destiny.

Athelstan is present in your mind and keep him dear to you. Celebrate his life, honour him, and seek inspiration from his life. The night is dark and full of terrors, we're born
alone, we'll die alone, but we can live together, seeking beakons of light and warmth to relish, until we are ready to move on to the better life. God, with Athelstan at your side, guard us, for the night is dark, and full of terrors!"

Yoren ends the speech the way he began it, but with a slightly louder voice.

As four of the Longshore contingent comes to carry Athelstan away, Yoren steps close to him, and somehow breathes fire into Athelstans mouth, before turning to the crowd: "
He has recieved the last blessing, take farewell here, and rejoice: he has been reborn in a better place!"

The bearers carries the stretcher to the river, walking slowly to allow people to take their goodbyes, where they have a small barge waiting. They lower him into the barge with great care and slowly follow him down the river, guiding the barge to move evenly, until they round a bend and Athelstan dissapears out of view, leaving the congregation behind as he makes his last journey.

Last edited by 145 on Mon Nov 16, 2015 1:34 am; edited 3 times in total

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

What an artist dies in him? (D3 EN Open.) Empty Re: What an artist dies in him? (D4 EN Open.)

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Sun Nov 15, 2015 11:44 pm

Unsure if she is welcome, or indeed if she has the strength to witness it, Corrine attends the funeral. She sits in solemn silence, Yoren's words echoing through her mind, though unable to take her eyes from the still form of Athelstan's corpse, as though unable to comprehend his absence.
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

What an artist dies in him? (D3 EN Open.) Empty Re: What an artist dies in him? (D4 EN Open.)

Post by Dunstan Tullison Mon Nov 16, 2015 1:15 am

Dunstan felt uneasy entering Stone Hedge, a concern somewhat relieved by the fact that he had many guards with him, as well as members of his cavalry. He was not fond of Athelstan, that much is true, but still felt the need to attend a funeral of a man he knew, and offer his condolences to Yoren especially.

He took a seat far from anyone present, in the distant corner of the area the ordeal took place in.

Dunstan Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Mon Nov 16, 2015 1:31 am

[Is this D3 or D4?]
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

What an artist dies in him? (D3 EN Open.) Empty Re: What an artist dies in him? (D3 EN Open.)

Post by Yoren longshore Mon Nov 16, 2015 1:35 am

[D3 I wrote the wrong one..]

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

What an artist dies in him? (D3 EN Open.) Empty Re: What an artist dies in him? (D3 EN Open.)

Post by Ser Jorah Holt Mon Nov 16, 2015 12:43 pm

Ser Jorah arrived quietly and kept a discreet distance from the proceedings. He felt guilty that he was not able to prevent Athelstan's fate.

Ser Jorah Holt

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Mon Nov 16, 2015 7:01 pm

Theomore took a seat next to Dunstan, he would have preferred to sit in the front row, but he was not about to voice that opinion. Whatever he was, the sea wyrm was someone Theomore sort of liked, in his own way. And a show of respect to the man and House Longshore was mandatory besides. He quietly observed the events with a somber and dignified demeanor, well suited for a funeral.
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Benedict Marsten Mon Nov 16, 2015 11:49 pm

Ben dutifully attends the service. He accompanies Corrine and sits placidly at her side. His thoughts drift between the two sides of the stubborn ass, that was Athlestan.
Benedict Marsten
Benedict Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Tue Nov 17, 2015 12:05 am

Septon Arlyn arrives in thick red robes to protect against the chill of the night. He moves to the second row, feeling partly responsible for the ironborn's death. He appears monrose throughout the sermon, as if guilt is weighing on his conscience, trying to puzzle through hire he could have done more to prevent Athelstan's death.
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Loreia Tue Nov 17, 2015 1:45 am

Standing near the back is Loreia, clad in livery. She can barely make out those gathered in the dark, but notices one shrouded in robes. She wanders closer to see who it is, closer to the deceased in front of the unlit pyre.

"
Septon Arlyn, is that you?"
Loreia
Loreia

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Tue Nov 17, 2015 2:20 am

Benedict Marsten wrote:Ben dutifully attends the service. He accompanies Corrine and sits placidly at her side. His thoughts drift between the two sides of the stubborn ass, that was Athlestan.

Corrine slips her hand into his, wordlessly, but clutches it firmly.
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Wed Nov 18, 2015 12:12 am

Loreia wrote:Standing near the back is Loreia, clad in livery. She can barely make out those gathered in the dark, but notices one shrouded in robes. She wanders closer to see who it is, closer to the deceased in front of the unlit pyre.

"
Septon Arlyn, is that you?"

[Sorry I missed this]

Septon Arlyn looks back at the coldbrook women who approached him. "
Loreina! It's so good to see you again."
His somber mood and revery was broken by a genuine smile at seeing the shieldmadien again.

"
It feels like a year since I've seen you. I heard you showed one of those moutian clan brutes the ways of the warrior women from the north at the battle though. Amazing work there. I'm glad that he was not able to strike at the allied troops due to your bravery, for that I'm grateful. Any chance to have saved lives is a good chance in my opinion. I wish I could say I have been as successful."
States Septon Arlyn, sadness in the last words clearly evident in his voice "
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Loreia Wed Nov 18, 2015 3:24 am

"
I only wish we could've cut off their retreat."
She takes a seat next to him. "
No more clans means no more future raids, but we gave them bruises an' scars to remember us by, as a reminder of what happens when they murder an' pillage. They'll give the Vale some space for a while, that was the goal after all."

"
I didn't expect to find you at the funeral, septon. I imagine Yoren must be beside himself. Is that why you're here?"
Her eyes are drawn back to the body on the stone slate.
Loreia
Loreia

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Wed Nov 18, 2015 4:43 am

"
Aye, it is true what you say about the clans, but I heard that Lord and Lady Marsten, being the forgiving people that they are, offered asylum to the clans men that survived. I feel that was a generous act for them to do. Maybe the other clans members will not attack if they have family their right?"
Asks Septon Arlyn with hopeful optimisation.

"
I'm here for Athelstan, me and him had developed a friendship of sorts, before this mess happened,"
Septon Arlyn made a gesture towards the pyre. "
You know it's funny. I never really met the ironborn except for that one time before the other large bonfire, about a year ago. On that day we argued religion, with him discussing the ways of the drowned god, Yoren speaking for his red god, and me speaking for the seven."
Septon Arlyn made an amused, sad sounding chuckle.

"
Did you know he was speaking to me of joining the seven? Just an hour before he threw himself down the mineshaft he was asking how to repent for the slaying of his kin."
Another monrose chuckle. "
Fitting that our last meeting will be one year later, and say another pyre"

"
So what brings you here? I doubted many would show up honestly. The rumors floating around about him being guilty for tampering of evidence, with the secondary and tertiary charges of being a bastard and a kin slayer. Although I guess they might be doing it to show support for Yoren, right?
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Loreia Wed Nov 18, 2015 5:43 am

Septon Arlyn wrote:"
Aye, it is true what you say about the clans, but I heard that Lord and Lady Marsten, being the forgiving people that they are, offered asylum to the clans men that survived. I feel that was a generous act for them to do. Maybe the other clans members will not attack if they have family their right?"
Asks Septon Arlyn with hopeful optimisation.
Shortly before asking about the septon's attendance:
"
You know my thoughts on the matter. I won't hold my breath."

Septon Arlyn wrote:"
So what brings you here? I doubted many would show up honestly. The rumors floating around about him being guilty for tampering of evidence, with the secondary and tertiary charges of being a bastard and a kin slayer. Although I guess they might be doing it to show support for Yoren, right?
"
Forgive me for bein' blunt, septon, but if it weren't for Yoren, I wouldn't be here meself,"
she answers placidly. "
I shouldn't have to repeat my thoughts, but the charges you listed aren't what'd keep me from comin' otherwise. Yoren knew loss today, twice in less than as many years. Although...even if I never knew him, I s'pose I might be here anyway. We couldn't have afforded this, not while we're here at the king's decree."
Loreia
Loreia

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Wed Nov 18, 2015 3:04 pm

Septon Arlyn nodded in agreement with Loreina's assessment. "
I couldn't agree more good women Loreina, after being attacked on the rode by that group of bandits Ser Garred insisted that I travel with Gaurds wherever I go, and now with this... I doubt anyone of the investigating houses will be traveling without support. Safety in numbers right?
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Loreia Thu Nov 19, 2015 12:14 am

"
Um, of course,"
she chimes halfheartedly. "
Pardon me septon, but, Athelstan chose to end his own life. Does that really make you feel less safe?"
Loreia
Loreia

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Thu Nov 19, 2015 2:10 am

Septon Arlyn looks at the women, seeming to decide if he should say anything, or how to say it is a manner as not to offend her.

"
It's not the ironborn that I'm afraid of good women, it is the accusations being leveled against our fellow investigators. True the party managed to question a guilty party this time. There is a lot of Unanswered questions from the incident at the mines. The unwillingness for investigators to share evidence they have gathered may very well lead to Unnecessary death's and accusations, leading to increased tensions from the gathered houses."
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Loreia Thu Nov 19, 2015 4:07 am

She sighs. "
Our houses are new, spoken for by young lords new to their role. At the same time, houses allied to either the Queen or the Prince have been called to the same objective, an' seeds of doubt've taken root, been growin' since before the Blackwood an' Bracken feud flared up - again. It's a puzzle tryin' to guess if one house is leanin' on interests that might affect their ruling at the end of this."

Her apologetic air flows into breezy contemplation. "
I previously thought House Longshore to be that way. Athelstan's tact just before he died proved otherwise. But now that everything's out in the open, Coldbrook and Longshore are dependent on each other's good graces, and yours, Arlyn. How we continue from this point hinges on your input, as a witness of the gods."
Loreia
Loreia

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Thu Nov 19, 2015 5:43 am

"
Aye this is true Loreina,"
Septon Arlyn shakes hs
His head sadly. "
I fear I may have been forceful in my search for the truth about the Iron mines, and Athelstan's death. The unwillingness to share the information from the investigators have found in House Coldbrook is worrisome to me though, particularly relating to the death of a royal investigator."

"
I'm sorry Good women, but I fear that the secrecy I've experienced from house Coldbrook feels like they are hiding something and trying to play politics here."

Septon Arlyn gives a small laugh, "
especially when Lord Drakeson accuses me of playing politics with people's lives regarding the missing wildfyre. It is concerning that there was the refusal to share information that could have helped the Dulver's and Coldbrook's work more closely together. Maybe even ensure that investigators and trackers did not retread the same ground. But I guess that is in the past now right?"
Says Septon Arlyn, giving a heavy sigh.

"
Lord Baelon is a good knight, but I'm afraid that one day one of his "
bold actions"
may result in a Lord being offended, at least it was simply aaamere Septon who he accused of treason and not a great Lord, for I'm afraid they do not forgive sights so easily "
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Dunstan Tullison Thu Nov 19, 2015 7:38 am

Dunstan whispers something to Asten, leader of his cavalry men.

Tall, dashing, long haired blond man nods affirmatively and walks over to septon Arlyn.

"
Lord Tullison would like a word with you when you have time"
he says.

Dunstan Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Loreia Thu Nov 19, 2015 10:52 am

Recognizing the livery of the Tullison guard seems to sour Loreia's mood.

"
Aye. Well, I wouldn't mind if we were more forthcoming with you, at least,"
she carries on, with a hint of finality. "
If we're all to cooperate with each other, there needs to be a trade of discoveries made. Workin' alone hasn't helped any of us, an' we can't leave each other in the dark. Do you agree?"

[url=Empathy vs Arlyn - Day 3, What artist dies][/url]: 4d6k3 13
Loreia
Loreia

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Thu Nov 19, 2015 1:38 pm

"
Aye shield maiden, I agree completely. I just hope that our noble houses can overcome whatever petty squabbling has overcome this Delegation and we can get down to the business of solving these atrocities."
He looks at the Tullison guard.

"
if you will excuse me a moment Loreina, I'm being summoned it appears, and it never bodes well to keep a Lord waiting. Maybe we can continue this discussion a little later?"
Asks Septon Arlyn.
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Loreia Thu Nov 19, 2015 10:24 pm

"
Of course, don't mind me,"
she smiles. "
I wonder what it could be?"
Loreia
Loreia

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Thu Nov 19, 2015 10:34 pm

Septon Arlyn looks at her and gives a slight shrug. "
I wish I could tell you, for then we would both know."
Septon Arlyn let's himself be escorted by the guard to the young Lord, "
Lord Dustin,"
says Septon Arlyn, "
to what do I owe this honor. "
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next