Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[D4, LM] Assembly (Open)

+11
Baelon Drakeson
Jamys Rivers
Ser Jorah Holt
Yoren longshore
Kevan Lyras
Theomore Tullison
Benedict Marsten
Septon Arlyn
Nathaniel Mason
Samurel Manderly
Lady Corrine Marsten
15 posters

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Go down

[D4, LM] Assembly (Open) - Page 7 Empty Re: [D4, LM] Assembly (Open)

Post by Septon Arlyn Wed Dec 09, 2015 7:44 pm

"
Aye my lady when it might be a bit premature to hammer out the details. However if the details turn out to be substantiated should we go and offer compensation for houses that are not directly involved in this conflict. And if so what sort of compensation would we offer them? And whom should pay? And do we even have authority to do that? "

"
I am afraid that our time to investigate is coming to a close we only have 3 more days to gather evidence and not every house will be able to investigate every situation especially in the detail required to determine guilt. Lady Corrine, "
he turns to those assembled, "
last
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Thu Dec 10, 2015 2:25 am

"
My own view would be that any form of reparations are a bad idea. Such a thing is like to only breed resentment."
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Wed Dec 16, 2015 2:13 am

"
No matter what we do, it will breed resentment."
Theomore adds dryly. "
And it is not without precedence to force an offender to compensate it's victims for the damages wrought, and that may well be what we must do to ensure the peace."

[For OOC purposes and speeding up, Theo/Tullisons doesn't have much to add besides what Marq said in the event, a fair amount of what we have found is out in the IC already. Though we have a map of Lord Blackwood's chambers acquired from the Brackens which is rather damning along with the information that they had used it to build a makeshift replica of them.]
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Wed Dec 16, 2015 2:25 am

"
I think Ser Theomore is correct on this. There is a fine line between justice and peace. Although it is admirable to aim for both, at times one must decide which is more important, justice, or peace."
Septon Arlyn looks intently at lady Corrine. "
It is my hope that we can find both my Lady. But if I had to choose one, I would prefer peace, for justice may cause more war, and this war has already caused the small folk much misery, and if at all possible I would prefer for them to find some contentment in their lives."
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwyneth Drakeson Wed Dec 16, 2015 2:33 am

"
It's premature to make assumptions about what the correct steps should be,"
Gwyn repeated, a little irritably. "
No one's saying reparations are off the table. We just need a clearer idea of who's to blame for what before we start discussing punishments in detail."
Gwyneth Drakeson
Gwyneth Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Wed Dec 16, 2015 2:43 am

Gwyneth Drakeson wrote:"
It's premature to make assumptions about what the correct steps should be,"
Gwyn repeated, a little irritably. "
No one's saying reparations are off the table. We just need a clearer idea of who's to blame for what before we start discussing punishments in detail."

"
It is as Lady Drakeson says,"
Corrine tells the Septon. "
Now is not the time for making such decisions. The matter I called us together for is concluded, so let us tie it up, so we may get to work."
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Wed Dec 16, 2015 2:50 am

"
my Lady Corrine, My Lady Gwyn, just as you have investigated the end of the Blackbuckle, we at house Dulver have investigated the Darry incident. This is what was reported to me by the members of my house. I'm sure other houses will further this investigation, but I can assure the ladies and gentlemen here that damage was done to the Darries land, so the question should not be if reparations are made, but how much would be needed to appease the Darries and prevent them from entering this conflict when we leave. I wish for peace in this region my Lady, we should begin this discussion now, as there is only 3 more days of investigations before we have to reach a final verdict."

Septon Arlyn takes a breath.

"
I would suggest we take what we know now and discuss various punishments as a group now. Unless it is going to be decided without all the houses represented we are running out of days that we can all meet and discuss our observations and decide appropriate punishments."

(I understand the OOC need to wrap this thread up, but this is a legitimate concern of the IC Septon)
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Wed Dec 16, 2015 2:53 am

"
A meeting to discuss the particulars of the peace treaty is scheduled for two days hence, Septon. Do not worry,"
Corrine replied, a little curtly.
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Wed Dec 16, 2015 2:55 am

"
As my Lady wishes."
Septon Arlyn bows to lady Corrine and takes a seat.
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Wed Dec 16, 2015 2:59 am

[ooc: Wrapping this up now, so if any info-sharing has been missed, feel free to send/request by pm to the relevant persons, and assume that it was dealt with at this point.]

"
Thank you all for your time and co-operation. Unless anyone has something urgently relevant to add, I think we can adjourn."
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Daveth Coldbrook Wed Dec 16, 2015 7:31 pm

"
One little thing."
Daveth holds up the bottle of glass candle tears he'd shown earlier. "
Now we have a confession, the evidence is meaningless, and I've lost sleep over how much evil a man with high ambitions and low moral character could do with this stuff. While I'll be sending the Citadel a report on how to recognise the signs of its use, and how to counter it, I don't want to run the risk of some foolish genius finding a way to create more, so after this meeting, I'm going to be destroying this stuff. Dripping it into a fire will render it harmless. As many of you as you like can follow and witness me doing so, so we can all be confident that it is no more. Since the consensus seems to be against using it as part of the punishment, there's no reason to keep any extant."

[OOC: And, when we do leave, that is precisely what Daveth will do. He'll go to the nearest fire, and slowly drip the poison into the fire, hissing and spitting, then drop the empty bottle into the fire as well, shattering it, and ensuring no drop remains active.]
Daveth Coldbrook
Daveth Coldbrook

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Wed Dec 16, 2015 9:10 pm

"
I think that wise and appropriate. Thank you,"
Corrine nodded approvingly.
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7