Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[D4, LM] Assembly (Open)

+11
Baelon Drakeson
Jamys Rivers
Ser Jorah Holt
Yoren longshore
Kevan Lyras
Theomore Tullison
Benedict Marsten
Septon Arlyn
Nathaniel Mason
Samurel Manderly
Lady Corrine Marsten
15 posters

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

[D4, LM] Assembly (Open) - Page 6 Empty Re: [D4, LM] Assembly (Open)

Post by Septon Arlyn Thu Dec 03, 2015 6:09 pm

"
Aye Ser Theomore, It may be fore the citadel to decide, but I think that we should give them a chance to denounce this Maesters actions. Stripping him of his chain sends a clear message that they do not approve of his actions, and that he acted alone. It would cost the citadel little to nothing, and show that they do not approve of Maesters murdering villages."
states Septon Arlyn.
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Thu Dec 03, 2015 6:30 pm

"
He should definitely see the results of his work. I am not sure if death by his own poison would be more fitting than having him live with what he has done at The Wall."
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevan Lyras Thu Dec 03, 2015 6:37 pm

Having followed the conversation silently, Kevan decided to share his opinion:

"
I support Septon Arlyn's comment in that we have to question him to find out, where he obtained the poison and if there are any other culprits."

Looking at the men and women that had spoken before him, he added: "
For me, the debate is between the wall or the gallows, while I personally lean more towards hanging the man. Poisoning the man and letting him die from his own crimes seems no sensible solution. We are here to deliver justice and, if possible, promote peace. Unnecessarily cruel punishments only lead to resentment. Our goal should be to deliver clean sentences, no poetic punishments..."

(OOC: As with the Septon, persuasion rolls can convince me to support the wall over death, but poisoning Kevan will not support)

Kevan Lyras

Back to top Go down

Post by Loreia Thu Dec 03, 2015 7:52 pm

"
He went behind his lord's back an' killed an entire village of innocent people. I wouldn't trust a man like that with defendin' the realm at the Night's Watch, whatever his role might be."

She says no more and returns to her seat.
Loreia
Loreia

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Thu Dec 03, 2015 7:56 pm

"
Ser Kevan and Loreia make good points,"
Corrine nodded solemnly.
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoren longshore Thu Dec 03, 2015 8:19 pm

"
We can let the watch itself decide what it wants. When the next wandering crow comes around we could ask him. The watch has seven thousand years of experience, let them decide if they want a maester for themselves."

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathaniel Mason Thu Dec 03, 2015 11:58 pm

"
Perhaps it would be best to put off the fate of Arran until our deliberations can be made with cooler heads. I know I am probably not thinking clearly right now about this situation."

"
If there are no objections, I propose we send a raven to the Citadel, informing them of the matter. If they choose to strip the man of his chain, so be it. I doubt it will have much impact on our deliberations here."

"
I also want to thank House Coldbrook for the excellent investigative work they have done. I know you have probably been very busy with this situation, Master Daveth, but have you had time to shed any light on the other charges before us?"
Nathaniel Mason
Nathaniel Mason

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Fri Dec 04, 2015 12:02 am

Septon Arlyn murmurs in agreement with what Nathan stated.
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Fri Dec 04, 2015 12:05 am

"
Agreed. He shall be held until his fate is decided, and we shall move on in the meantime."
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Daveth Coldbrook Fri Dec 04, 2015 1:32 am

"
Thank you for those kind words, though I find it hard to think I will ever be able to consider the matter entirely dispassionately.

"
So, our results from other investigations? Well, as I understand it, you'll be hearing it all this evening anyway, with the audience we've got with the royal party. Do you really want to hear it all twice in one day? I mean, if you do, I don't see the harm in telling you now. The Blackbuckle affair was the only one where I wanted things kept under wraps until we were ready to move, it just seems to me that we likely have more effective uses of our time.

"
However, there is one matter I definitely do wish to inform everyone about:
the wildfire plot. Since we uncovered the missing wildfire, we've examined Warrior's Seat, Raventree Hall, and the Green Door Inn, as the three most likely targets, paying particular attention to their cellars as the most likely place to store the volatile material."
he sighs. "
Unfortunately, we found nothing. I still believe the royal party is the most likely target, but exactly how they will be struck is still a mystery to me - and while they're the most likely, we haven't ruled out other targets, either."
he shrugs. "
I wish I had better news. The stress and frustration our failures to locate it are causing are ... exhausting, as I'm sure you've gathered."
he gestures vaguely towards the exit.

(OOC: yeah, it's late here, so I'm not writing up all our investigation results right now. If people do say that they want the information now, I'll write it up tomorrow - I'd need to do that anyway for the Ironrod thread, and I'll just make a few edits to distinguish the two copies of the information.)
Daveth Coldbrook
Daveth Coldbrook

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathaniel Mason Fri Dec 04, 2015 1:55 am

"
Thank you, Master Daveth. I will have my people keep their eyes open. If I can be of any more help, just send me a note. That goes for anyone else here. House Bartheld's only interest is to bring those who have committed a crime to justice and mitigate some of the suffering of the victims."
The sooner that happens, the sooner I can go home.

Nathan glances at Lady Marsten. "
Perhaps we should adjourn. Master Daveth is correct that we will be presenting our findings tonight. With the Royal arrival, I expect it will be a long night."

[OOC: Rather prophetic words.}
Nathaniel Mason
Nathaniel Mason

Back to top Go down

Post by Benedict Marsten Fri Dec 04, 2015 2:12 am

Daveth Coldbrook wrote:"
Thank you for those kind words, though I find it hard to think I will ever be able to consider the matter entirely dispassionately.

"
So, our results from other investigations? Well, as I understand it, you'll be hearing it all this evening anyway, with the audience we've got with the royal party. Do you really want to hear it all twice in one day? I mean, if you do, I don't see the harm in telling you now. The Blackbuckle affair was the only one where I wanted things kept under wraps until we were ready to move, it just seems to me that we likely have more effective uses of our time.

"
I don't think we need a full report Lord Daveth, but any information you may think important or relevant. You talk about more effective things to do, but for who? If we had not had some of the information presented here others may have wasted time investigating Blackbuckle. For instance I myself had found a good bit of the same evidence you did. Had we collaborated I could have aided you or spent my time looking into another incident.

I am sure there are others here who may be able to shed light on other investigations. This shared information helps us all to be more effective. That is what we are looking for here not everyone to spill their guts.

For instance now we all know where the wildfire is not, so we may look somewhere else. House Coldbrook has done an excellent job so far but does not need to carry the torch alone. Unless it doubts the sincere intent of others.

Now as for the royal audience meeting. Do you feel it best we walk in unified or all slack-jawed at the evidence presented by the other houses? I for one prefer unified. Especially if we have been set to fail. Our segregation would only help our enemies bring about our demise.

We may all have our differences, political and otherwise, but in this endeavor we are in the same boat. If this ship goes down we all go down with it. Though I am sure some among of us may have contingency plans. To the realm we float or fail."

(ooc: We were just hoping to try and collaborate across house more and get any important things out there. Was working on this awhile Nathan has beat me to post so this may seem out of place. Sorry.)
Benedict Marsten
Benedict Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Loreia Fri Dec 04, 2015 2:32 am

Loreia uncrosses her arms and looks askance toward Daveth. "
Mayhaps Lord Marsten has a point,"
she murmurs.
Loreia
Loreia

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwyneth Drakeson Fri Dec 04, 2015 3:13 am

"
I shared everything we'd discovered with Corrine as quickly as I had time to,"
Gwyn sighed. "
We're not withholding information, nor trying not to collaborate. We are being cautious however, because there are signs that some person, or persons unknown, among the royal investigators may have been tampering with evidence, and interfering with our duties. Until we know specifics, we felt it best to confine our sharing to those we knew we could trust. It may be that time will make that seem a small and poor choice...but we don't have the luxury of hindsight here in the present. Revealing evidence to one who would then go and subvert it could have costs too terrible to imagine, given the circumstances."

"
I think Lady Marsten's idea of having all information move through her and her husband first is a wise one. It avoids most of the pitfalls of unrestricted sharing, while only slowing collaborations a fairly short time, as she distributes the information to those whom she trusts."
Gwyneth Drakeson
Gwyneth Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Daveth Coldbrook Fri Dec 04, 2015 12:57 pm

"
Hmm. Perhaps, as a compromise, we share our conclusions, but make no mention of the specific evidence that led us to those conclusions? That means that it is known where we stand, but we have not said so much that we are especially endangering the evidence. Plus, it will be much quicker. Does that work as a solution for everyone?"
looking particularly between Lord Benedict and Lady Gwyneth.
Daveth Coldbrook
Daveth Coldbrook

Back to top Go down

Post by Benedict Marsten Fri Dec 04, 2015 5:47 pm

(ooc: My point has been made here: viewtopic.php?f=75&
t=1787&
start=750#p62997

We don't have to do RP anymore if folks don't want. I just think we should clear up areas were we might step on others toes and bring people together who are working on the same stuff.

Ex. Ooc: Please don't mention the replica we are close to catching culprit.
IC: we have evidence and a suspect please don't reveal anything relevant to their capture.

The Tullisons may want to go in with us to add their info or try to get our info. This can be handled at a different time, but it sets up the opportunity.)
Benedict Marsten
Benedict Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoren longshore Sat Dec 05, 2015 9:47 pm

[OOC: Summary]
So, just a quick recap of what's been said, for orderlyness. Not everyone has English as their native tongue, although our characters have. Given that my reading comprehension is on par with most infants anyone should feel free to correct me.
[list=]Corrine gets intel from all houses at the start of each day, in exhange she's accountable for what happens.
Houses will determine the guilt of Baelon and Theomore. Longshore will not part take, neither will Arlyn, though I don't know if that sentiment is shared with the others of his house.
The maesters fate shall be decided in the future, probably behind closed doors (offscreen)
[/list]

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Jorah Holt Sun Dec 06, 2015 8:52 am

Maesters fate will be left till the final judgement. Gives everybody time to intrigue for the result

Ser Jorah Holt

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevan Lyras Sun Dec 06, 2015 10:06 am

"
Let us move to the next topic then. I was investigating the battlefield in the Darry borderlands and interviewed troops from both parties. It is quite clear that Bracken troops did indeed pursue Blackwood fighters over the border and damaged Darry lands in the process. Lord Darry as well as a couple of sworn swords of House Darry will testify this, if necessary. In addition, I also found a Bracken knight willing to testify the same. So far so easy..."

Kevan looked at the other investigators present, before carrying on:

"
However, I also found a few hints that maybe the Blackwood troops used the lands of House Darry to launch attacks from. I tried to talk with Lord Darry as well and it seems like there was absolutely no cooperation between Darry and Blackwood - so if this happened indeed, House Darry was no willing participant. The main problem is, that I could not find any real evidence for the guilt of Blackwood in this. Has anybody else found something?"

Kevan Lyras

Back to top Go down

Post by Daveth Coldbrook Sun Dec 06, 2015 1:38 pm

(OOC: I don't have time to check at the moment, but I thought the request was for information at the *end* of each day. Plus, Daveth at least interpreted the 'each house has a representitive' idea as a *threat*, rather than a solution, since it's a *terrible* idea if your objective is justice rather than politics. Three people chosen for their personal integrity can find justice. A larger group chosen for 'representation' will find justice disappear under a haze of politics.)

"
We have. We found a permanent encampment hidden in Darry lands, which *appears* to belong to House Blackwood. While there, we found a discarded map with a Blackwood seal, detailing attack plans from Darry lands in to Bracken fiefs. It's unsigned, but it does carry the official seal.

"
The thing that makes me suspicious is that bringing House Darry into the conflict would completely change the balance of power in the region, and House Blackwood doing something like this is one of the few things that could reliably accomplish such a thing. I do not believe there is a limit to the resources that could be expended to set up a situation that would bring House Darry into the conflict, so I view everything with a more suspicious eye than normal.

"
The commander of the relevant Blackwood forces would be Ser Symon Blackwood, a very distant cousin of the mainline. He is a man noted for his reliability and loyalty to House Blackwood over years of dedicated service, rather than any great personal deeds of valour or feats of arms. For people's information, he does not currently have a squire.

"
If there is truth to be found here, I believe it lies *through* Ser Symon. However, we have not had time to follow this lead properly yet."
Daveth Coldbrook
Daveth Coldbrook

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Wed Dec 09, 2015 6:56 am

"
Nobody else investigated the Darry border?"
Theomore asks, it couldn't just have been the Coldbrooks, could it?

[Eh, guys? Write elaborately or summarize what your character is saying, whichever you prefer, but we need a move on.]
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Wed Dec 09, 2015 5:22 pm

"
It was my plan to visit the Darry lands, and their Lord, on the morrow,"
Corrine answered. "
If anyone is able to do so sooner, then please do so, and share your findings. Many hands make light work."
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Wed Dec 09, 2015 5:31 pm

Septon Arlyn begins with, "
This is the information about the darry's that was reported to me, I will also me explaining the findings tonight for the royal party."

Septon Arlyn clears his throat

"
In the investigation of the borderlands of house Darry, It was discovered that house brackens men did indeed cross the borders in pursuit of house blackwoods men, and in there zealously contributed to some damage to House Darry's lands. House Darry, who appeared to be weakened due to their own conflicts, have yet to strike out against this affront. There also appears to have been some camps set up on house Darry's lands, although if they were used by bandits, brackens or blackwoods would not be determined."

Finishing the Septon continues, "
With these findings it was determined that House Darry could demand compensation for damage caused to their lands. Although if we do nothing to put House Darry at ease, then they very well might enter the conflict whenever we leave, swinging the balance of power in this region. That is why I would suggest that we offer House Darry compensation, just to avoid the potential upset to the treaty that we must propose."
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Wed Dec 09, 2015 5:32 pm

"
Thank you, Septon. We shall bring that into consideration. What say you all to this proposal?"
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwyneth Drakeson Wed Dec 09, 2015 5:46 pm

"
The proposal of offering House Darry recompense?"
Gwyn asks, a bit startled. "
Recompense to be provided by whom? And we've barely even started investigating in depth. Anything like reparations are premature, in my view. Let the facts come out before we decide what the best course of action is."
Gwyneth Drakeson
Gwyneth Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next