Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[D4, EN] A royal arrival makes sparks fly...

+18
Ser Alfred Haigh
Darron Greyjoy
Ser Walton Dulver
Samurel Manderly
Daveth Coldbrook
Benedict Marsten
Loreia
Ser Jorah Holt
Lady Corrine Marsten
Baelon Drakeson
Luecian LongBow
Kevan Lyras
Septon Arlyn
Ereth Redwain
Yoren longshore
Marq Mooton
Nathaniel Mason
Reader
22 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

[D4, EN] A royal arrival makes sparks fly... - Page 2 Empty Re: [D4, EN] A royal arrival makes sparks fly...

Post by Loreia Sun Nov 29, 2015 8:23 pm

OOC: The Courage roll is required and to be made first, and to add the effects of your success or failure to all subsequent rolls. Affecting the Endurance and Awareness rolls you already made, Walton.
Loreia
Loreia

Back to top Go down

[D4, EN] A royal arrival makes sparks fly... - Page 2 Empty Re: [D4, EN] A royal arrival makes sparks fly...

Post by Reader Wed Dec 02, 2015 12:42 pm

[OOC:

Roleplay to come later, showcasing heroes of the hour, some NPC reactions and so on. Very enjoyable and dramatic thread and hope you all feel I pitched the difficulty right - fair enough to allow some success, not so easy as to allow a bloodless victory.

Nathaniel - Lord Forrest Frey. +2 Glory. 42. (Unlikely) hero of the hour.
Marq Mootn - Walys Mooton. +1 glory. 31
Yoren Longshore - Horse stampede prevention: 2 DoS. +1 glory. Ser Arggyl's Horse 23. 46
Ereth Redwain - Lord Jasper Wylde. +1 glory. 33
Septon Arlyn - Lord Forrest Frey (healing). +1 glory. 34.
Kevan Lyras - Olyver Lucas. +1 glory. 27.
Luecian Longbow - Ser Adham Daleford. +1 glory. 33.
Baelon Drakeson - Ser Eoric Tully (not their first meeting!). +1 glory. 36.
Corrine Marsten - healing, Saves Ser Florian Greysteel, +1 glory.
Ser Jorah Holt - Prince Aemond Targaryen (Ser Jorah's greatest act, and perhaps his worst?). +2 glory. 40.
Loreia - Stampede prevention: 4 DoS. +2 glory. 41. Hero of the Hour.
Benedict Marsten - Ser Arryk Cargyll. +1 glory. 33
Daveth Coldbrook: +1 glory and an empty stomach. Glad to see blue oni and red oni make a comeback
- 3 Hero of the hour slots - Loreia, you can't technically use 2 DP on the same roll, but you could probably have fudged there by using the 1B on will and so on. As using 1DP on stage 1, 1 DP on stage 2 probably gets similar results and to avoid hard feelings (and to keep Loreia down by 2 DP Twisted Evil ) I have made 3 hero of the hour awards.

6/8 stampede successes rolled = 1 extra casualty/maiming

Bold = saved
Prince Aemond Targaryen, a teenager but already a talented swordsman. Ill disposed to the Marstens given a run-in with Lord and Lady Marsten. Perhaps he is present in the hope they fail?
Ser Arryk Cargyll, a knight of the Kingsguard lauded by Queen Alice to for his strength and steadfast nature
Lord Jasper Wylde, master of laws on King Viserys I's small council, known as "
Ironrod"

Ser Eoric Tully, heir to Riverrun, a noted friend of Lord Baelon Drakson

House Frey
Lord Forrest Frey

House Dalfeford
Ser Adham Daleford, heir to House Daleford - curious that Lord Daleford is not present.
Ser Edan Ward, Master at arms

Ser Roger Corne

House Mooton
Lord Walys Mooton
Ser Florian Greysteel

House Lucas
Olyver Lucas, heir to house Lucas [now assumed safely in a Marsten cell]

Ser Addam Tarly, third son of a lesser branch of the Reach's noble families, a noted foe of Lady Dyana Marsten

Alun the innkeeper, proprietor of the Green Door Inn [whisked away by Coldbrook's Wildcard]

- The three knights will be killed plus various guardmen, servants and horses.
- My extra fatality/maiming will be used on a top Black poster girl: Lady Sabitha Vypren, Lord Frey's wife, a most unconventional woman
- Only Ser Kevan Lyras can save one of the four fatalities/maiming remaining, as he rolled on schedule but his choice was rescinded by in-game events. Choose wisely.
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Samurel Manderly Wed Dec 02, 2015 12:49 pm

Reader wrote:[OOC:

Roleplay to come later, showcasing heroes of the hour, some NPC reactions and so on. Very enjoyable and dramatic thread and hope you all feel I pitched the difficulty right - fair enough to allow some success, not so easy as to allow a bloodless victory.

Nathaniel - Lord Forrest Frey. +2 Glory. 42. (Unlikely) hero of the hour.
Marq Mootn - Walys Mooton. +1 glory. 31
Yoren Longshore - Horse stampede prevention: 2 DoS. +1 glory. Ser Arggyl's Horse 23. 46
Ereth Redwain - Lord Jasper Wylde. +1 glory. 33
Septon Arlyn - Lord Forrest Frey (healing). +1 glory. 34.
Kevan Lyras - Olyver Lucas. +1 glory. 27.
Luecian Longbow - Ser Adham Daleford. +1 glory. 33.
Baelon Drakeson - Ser Eoric Tully (not their first meeting!). +1 glory. 36.
Corrine Marsten - healing, Saves Ser Florian Greysteel, +1 glory.
Ser Jorah Holt - Prince Aemond Targaryen (Ser Jorah's greatest act, and perhaps his worst?). +2 glory. 40.
Loreia - Stampede prevention: 4 DoS. +2 glory. 41. Hero of the Hour.
Benedict Marsten - Ser Arryk Cargull. +1 glory. 33
Daveth Coldbrook: +1 glory and an empty stomach. Glad to see blue oni and red oni make a comeback
- 3 Hero of the hour slots - Loreia, you can't technically use 2 DP on the same roll, but you could probably have fudged there by using the 1B on will and so on. As using 1DP on stage 1, 1 DP on stage 2 probably gets similar results and to avoid hard feelings (and to keep Loreia down by 2 DP Twisted Evil ) I have made 3 hero of the hour awards.

6/8 stampede successes rolled = 1 extra casualty/maiming

Bold = saved
Prince Aemond Targaryen, a teenager but already a talented swordsman. Ill disposed to the Marstens given a run-in with Lord and Lady Marsten. Perhaps he is present in the hope they fail?
Ser Arryk Cargyll, a knight of the Kingsguard lauded by Queen Alice to for his strength and steadfast nature
Lord Jasper Wylde, master of laws on King Viserys I's small council, known as "
Ironrod"

Ser Eoric Tully, heir to Riverrun, a noted friend of Lord Baelon Drakson

House Frey
Lord Forrest Frey

House Dalfeford
Ser Adham Daleford, heir to House Daleford - curious that Lord Daleford is not present.

Ser Roger Corne

House Mooton
Lord Walys Mooton
Ser Florian Greysteel

House Lucas
Olyver Lucas, heir to house Lucas [now assumed safely in a Marsten cell]

Ser Addam Tarly, third son of a lesser branch of the Reach's noble families, a noted foe of Lady Dyana Marsten

Alun the innkeeper, proprietor of the Green Door Inn [whisked away by Coldbrook's Wildcard]

- The three knights will be killed plus various guardmen, servants and horses.
- My extra fatality/maiming will be used on a top Black poster girl: Lady Sabitha Vypren, Lord Frey's wife, a most unconventional woman
- Only Ser Kevan Lyras can save one of the four fatalities/maiming remaining, as he rolled on schedule but his choice was rescinded by in-game events. Choose wisely.

Could I not also Save someone?

Samurel Manderly

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevan Lyras Wed Dec 02, 2015 12:54 pm

Easy, Ser Kevan saves Lord Frey's wife :8-): . Now that I know who I will save, I will add the RP to the post later this week.

Kevan Lyras

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Wed Dec 02, 2015 12:55 pm

I left you off for ruining my plots. :;
):

You can save somebody too and also earn 1 glory.

Potential casualty/fatality list now:

Ser Roger Corne

Lady Sabitha Vypren, Lord Frey's wife, a most unconventional woman [saved by Ser Kevan Lyras]
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Samurel Manderly Wed Dec 02, 2015 12:58 pm

I think I shall save: Ser Edan Ward

Samurel Manderly

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Wed Dec 02, 2015 1:00 pm

Leaving my finalised fatalities as:

and
Ser Roger Corne
alongside many servants, sworn swords, grooms, a farrier and other smallfolk.
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Wed Dec 02, 2015 2:51 pm

[OOC: this qualifies as a stressful event. Just as those who had fear of fire/blood and similar disadvantages faced the consequences, so too does everyone with bound to the bottle. Roll in this thread please, with the penalty in place for D5 until you sleep that night]
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathaniel Mason Wed Dec 02, 2015 2:58 pm

Reader wrote:
alongside many servants, sworn swords, grooms, a farrier and other smallfolk.

[Can I use one of my DoS to save the stableboys. Nathan has a weakness for stableboys. Very Happy ]
Nathaniel Mason
Nathaniel Mason

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathaniel Mason Wed Dec 02, 2015 4:18 pm

Reader wrote:
Lady Sabitha Vypren, Lord Frey's wife, a most unconventional woman [saved by Ser Kevan Lyras]

I will have to go back and change some of my narrative then.

I included her with Lord Frey as she was not on the victims list and it made sense to me she would be with him.
Nathaniel Mason
Nathaniel Mason

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Wed Dec 02, 2015 4:29 pm

Nathaniel Mason wrote:
Reader wrote:

I will have to go back and change some of my narrative then.

I included her with Lord Frey as she was not on the victims list and it made sense to me she would be with him.

No need for huge changes - she was my extra stampede victim, so Ser Kevan can save her from that if he's not written his actions yet.
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ereth Redwain Wed Dec 02, 2015 4:34 pm

I would have saved her... big points for this banner man of House Frey if I saved the wife of my lord.
Ereth Redwain
Ereth Redwain

Back to top Go down

Post by Baelon Drakeson Wed Dec 02, 2015 5:31 pm

[OOC: It should be noted that, being allowed to choose the manner of the wildcard rescue, the manner we chose was: complete and total secrecy. Alun is presumed dead.]
Baelon Drakeson
Baelon Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Loreia Wed Dec 02, 2015 7:07 pm

Reader wrote:
- 3 Hero of the hour slots - Loreia, you can't technically use 2 DP on the same roll, but you could probably have fudged there by using the 1B on will and so on. As using 1DP on stage 1, 1 DP on stage 2 probably gets similar results and to avoid hard feelings (and to keep Loreia down by 2 DP Twisted Evil ) I have made 3 hero of the hour awards
My error with DoS was pointed out private forum, and to try and fix it we chose that 1B would instead be from Wildcard points, instead of my DP, and that my 1 spent Destiny point would effect turning that 1B into 1D.

Very wise choice, Kevan. Very pragmatic. The death of one knight is nothing compared to the new Furious Lord Frey in the aftermath of his wife's death, after losing his son only three months prior.
Loreia
Loreia

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathaniel Mason Wed Dec 02, 2015 7:57 pm

Loreia wrote:
Very wise choice, Kevan. Very pragmatic. The death of one knight is nothing compared to the new Furious Lord Frey in the aftermath of his wife's death, after losing his son only three months prior.

I have seen this a couple times from other posters. Forest Frey is way too young for Benjen Frey to be his son.

Also... Forest Frey is described as being powerful and gallant. He is nothing like the 'Furious' Benjen Frey.
Nathaniel Mason
Nathaniel Mason

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Wed Dec 02, 2015 8:33 pm

[OOC: Not too take my event thread too far off track, but Lord Forrest Frey is indeed a more positive example of his bloodline, just as Lord Gorman Tully is a contrast to the noble Tullys we see in the book.

Don't think Lord Frey has a canon age, but he was a suitor to Princess Rhaenyra so I'm guessing he's in his late 20s or early 30s now. He is not Ser Benjen Frey's father.

I'll try to introduce him and his wife properly to the players at some point - they're both interesting but painted broadly enough to be very flexible for the game.]
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Wed Dec 02, 2015 9:40 pm

Loreia wrote:
Reader wrote:
- 3 Hero of the hour slots - Loreia, you can't technically use 2 DP on the same roll, but you could probably have fudged there by using the 1B on will and so on. As using 1DP on stage 1, 1 DP on stage 2 probably gets similar results and to avoid hard feelings (and to keep Loreia down by 2 DP Twisted Evil ) I have made 3 hero of the hour awards
My error with DoS was pointed out private forum, and to try and fix it we chose that 1B would instead be from Wildcard points, instead of my DP, and that my 1 spent Destiny point would effect turning that 1B into 1D.

1DP spent, 3 heir of the hour prizes still given. Smile

Yoren's special prize tomorrow, hopefully alongside NPC stuff.
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevan Lyras Thu Dec 03, 2015 7:00 pm

The hard landing knocked the wind out of him, as Kevan's back crashed on the ground. His head was ringing.
What the fuck happend?

He had close to the inn, where he intended to meet some visitors from the royal delegation, when suddenly the world exploded and he got thrown backwards. Slowly getting up on one knee again, he looked around. Chaos everywhere. What remained of the inn was cast in flames and the horses from the stables went crazy.
He rose to his feet, still feeling wobbly. The heat was almost unbearable as he willed himself closer to the fire. Covering his face with his arm, he entered the burning building.
They can't all be dead, I have to find them, maybe they got knocked out and now they are slowly roasting to death
The smoke made his vision blurry and he coughed, while struggling on.
Finally, he came to a closed door, the top was already engulfed in flames, but the lock still held firm. Two kicks broke the door open and the heat coming from the room almost made go down again. Lowering himself on all fours, where the smoke was not as dense, he crawled into the room. A body was on the floor, motionless. He could more feel than see it. With his last remaining strength, he pulled the person out of the smoke-filled room. Back in the tap room, he lay her over his shoulders. It was a women, though from all the ash, he could not identify her. He made it out of the inn, just as the ceiling broke through behind him and burning logs came down, where he was standing only seconds before.
Out of the burning mess, he gently put her down on a patch of grass, just as she opened her eyes.
"
Where am I? What happened? Who are you?"

"
Shh, do not fear mylady, you are save now. My name is Ser Kevan. Are you hurt?"

Kevan Lyras

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Fri Dec 04, 2015 6:00 pm

All around was chaos.

Strange, eerie green flames and the smell of burning meat. Gradually, troops from various houses drilled by House Coldbrook in using sand to combat wildfire brought the blaze under control.

Prince Aemond cursed Battle Valley and its "
eternally feuding inhabitants"
. For once, even some Black supporters may have been inclined to agree with the aggressive young Prince.

What followed was less agreeable, a flurry of curses and an intent to "
scorch this blasted place from Vhaghar's back and end this squabbling once and for all."

Stiil, Ser Jorah's heroic rescue of the Prince would soon be the talk of the whole realm, even if the rescued royal lack the finer qualities of the maids from the songs. Prince Aemond himself noting that the man was "
already a Kingsguard by deed, if not in name"
, and with Ser Rickard Thorne ailing in the capital, many observers expected the knights ascension to only be a matter of time. Blacks rejoiced at "
their"
man proving his valour, while Green supporters expressed their relief that the knight's devotion to the royal line in general, removing risks over a key symbolic appointment. Both factions would sing of Ser Jorah the Just that night.

Brave as Ser Jorah's rescue was, the Battle Valley would quake at Prince Aemond's fury in the days to come unless the troubles that beset it could be healed.

Ser Jorah was not the only Coldbrook retainer to underline their quality that night. Loreia the guardswoman, grandly dubbed "
The Warrior's Shieldmaiden"
by Prince Daemon himself during Riverrun's riots last year again proved herself a woman for a crisis. All agreed that were it not for her swift action, alongside the Longshore heir Yoren, the long train of horses would have stampeded, turning the disorderly explosion in to a crushing bloodbath. Indeed, the only fatality at the horses' hooves was to be Ser Addam Tarly. The young reach knight swore loudly that he'd not be shamed be a woman's bravery, rushing to Loreia's aid or to outdo her, who can say? Few answers will come forth from Ser Addam, as he was swiftly felled by a kick from a panicked warhorse, his challenge to Dyana Marsten unfulfilled. Prince Daemon's cry of "
Shieldmaiden"
rang out once more, once the crisis was over, but this time from a broader chorus, shedding some of its past political overtones.

Ser Roger Corne was among the most high profile fatalities, burned horrifically by wildfire and then lingering in pain with a jagged beam piercing his stomach. Ser Jon Roxton dispatched him with Orphan-maker as a kindness once the maester's had declared him beyond their assistance.

Still, such heroism was almost expected from Ser Jorah and Loreia by now, given their previous exploits. More surprising was a feat by a young Bartheld aide, Nathaniel, in rescuing Lord Forrest Frey from the blazing inn with a combination of boldness and ingenuity. The gallant young Lord of House Frey was effusive in his thanks to his rescuer, calling it "
a most knightly deed, by one not even on the path to knighthood"
. Ser Jon Roxton's reaction was described as "
a curious mixture of relief and fury"
by the perceptive Ser Myles Blackwood.

A badly burned body, assumed by most to be Alun the innkeeper was discovered once the fires had died down. Some knew better however...

[OOC:

Yoren Longshore additional reward - Ser Arryk Cargyll gifts you with his steed, a superior quality Destrier and 1B in Animal Handling (charm).

Lord Forrest Frey gifts Nathaniel Bartheld with a diamond ring worth 10GD, noting that "
my maester tells me it would not have survived the fire, alongside my own more fragile body. Therefore it seems only fitting it go to my rescuer"
]
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Wed Dec 30, 2015 7:31 pm

[OOC: to make sure everyone involved sees this:

Lady Corrine Marsten wrote:Great. Losing the only Tully who isn't a fuckwit. Rolling Eyes

Also, what the hell, Reader? Forrest Frey dishing out a diamond ring, and Eoric Tully giving Baelon a VS dagger, but Corrine saves Ser Florian and didn't even get a thank you! Razz

No cookies for you/I haven't got round to it yet.

Think ill of your humble narrator, not the stout (and previously popular!) Ser Florian. :;
):

Actually - everyone who saved a named NPC in "
Sparks Fly"
and who hasn't got an NPC directed prize gets a prize worth GD equal to the person they saved's status (ask if unsure). Yoren, Nathaniel, Baelon and Jorah have their prizes already (theirs are a bit better, but they rolled well/Forrest Frey is uncommonly chivalrous). Loreia gets a bit short-changed her as she did heroically but was saving horses, but she got mechanical rewards and Westeros isn't fair.

This preserves my sanity and the reputation of my NPCs, plus I've been a little stingier with treasure in this story as it's a bit inappropriate for a war-torn hellhole, but Westeros's noble like gift giving.

Edit: avalanche of posts while I typed, suggesting a degree of justifiable feeling here.

Ahem, forget Battle Valley, I've got my own revolution on my hands here. :;
): ]
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Darron Greyjoy Sun Oct 30, 2016 9:16 pm

[url=Will TN 9][/url]: 3d6k3 6 - 1 Fatigue (-1 to all results) + -1 to all results = -2 to all results.

[url=Endurance TN 9][/url]: 4d6k3-2 14 - No wounds or injurys.

Darron is spending time close to the Green Door Inn still thinking about the Dragon when he hears someone shout "
No lords, no masters!"
, glancing over at the source of the noise he sees the wagon making its way to the side of Inn. before he can react the explosion consumes everything he sees. Darron begins to fall to his knees with the loss of sound but is buffeted by a mixture of wood and rubble and is knocked onto his back. The ringing in his ears is quickly replaced with the sounds of utter havoc. The young Greyjoy had seen much today between the dragon and now this green flame, "
How can a man with steel hope to fight these things?"
he thinks to himself as he begins to get up. Darrons breathing was heavy being knocked down had winded him but he had to make sure the members from house Longshore were alright.

Using +1B from D1 Calling First Upon the Rampant Stallion

[url=Endurance TN 12][/url]: 5d6k4-2 11 - Injury

While trying to help members of house Longshore a piece of timber falls on his leg hurting it badly, in anger he curses at the wood and unsheathes his axe swinging at the wood cutting his leg free.

[url=Awareness TN ??][/url]: 3d6k3 12 Forgot to include the -3 to this. So the total is 9.

(Will edit depending on if I got this or not)

Once all the Longshore members are accounted for Darron begins to hunt for who did this. He notices a man looking very pleased with what's happened so far. Darron approaches the man axe in hand and raises it over his head, the man begins to cower on the ground saying "
Mercy me lord! Please!"
The axe comes down onto a piece of wood beside the man splitting it in half. "
You tell me what you know thrall or your head will be like that block of wood before this night is through."
Darron Greyjoy
Darron Greyjoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Alfred Haigh Sun Oct 30, 2016 11:45 pm

(backfiling a bit, so please remove if misplaced and I'm not really subscribing to the special rewards that have already been distributed because timeline and that. Putting rolls here first, if they work OK, I'll add the rest !)

http://orokos.com/roll/451483
http://orokos.com/roll/451484

http://orokos.com/roll/451485

http://orokos.com/roll/451487
Ser Alfred Haigh
Ser Alfred Haigh

Back to top Go down

Post by Tristayne Tullison Wed Nov 02, 2016 6:57 pm

Pain flowed instantly through him like a torrent of fire. He did not think for perhaps minutes or days in his mind, the overwhelming pain of his cut leg slammed into a hunk of blasted wooden shrapnel. His mind was emptied by the pain, his metal brace-leg lieing a meter or two away, mangled in a horrible position. Trystane did not howl or scream out, his mind swelling and numb with the pain, beyond screaming. After a few moments he attempted to drag himself towards the shattered brace leg.

[url=Fighting back the Pain (Endurance)][/url]: 2d6 12 (Well. Huzzah)

He surged forward, hobbling on one leg to the metal. He would have to untwist the brace. As he reached down an unsteady, wounded hand he reached for the metal, finding himself unable to truly grasp it for fear of the heated metal

[url=Courage to Take the Brace][/url]: 4d6 16

Filling himself with courage, the young crippled squire grabbed hold of the brace by the metal, ignoring the heat and wrenching the metal knee joint around into place. Lowering the stump of his leg into the prosthetic, he began to walk towards the flaming building, feeling in his courage that perhaps some honour could be won back for his branch of the family should he achieve anything of note. He had not the strength or training to be of much use in a stampede or clambering through a burning building, but perhaps he could offer some assistance in a medical capacity, despite a lack of expertise.

[url=Helping to Heal the Wounded][/url]: 2d6+2 12

He made some use of himself recalling the process needed to help heal abrasions, remembering to pull out splinters of wood and to tightly bind wounds. Most notably, he would assist in the healing of Eoric Tully, helping to extract splinters of wood from him and binding his bleeding wounds. He did not simply do it for the gratitude it would earn him, but simply to aid him. None could say that the young Tullison, even a cripple as he was, had no compassion in him, nor could they say he proved inept. As he traversed the ruins helping to heal the injured, he attempted to deduce what had occurred to bring about the situation. He observed the tracks of the cart as they lead to the road and questioned the injured among the smallfolk, trying to discover first what had happened, and then potentially why.

[url=Cunning to Deduce what Happened][/url]: 4d6+2 16

Tristayne Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Alfred Haigh Tue Nov 08, 2016 1:46 pm

Ser Alfred hears the little thumping sound, but although it makes him suspicious, he doesn't pay it much heed. A mistake. A deafening roar shoots through the walls, accompanied by green flames. The next thing he knows, the knight finds himself lying in the courtyard, unable to recall how he got there. He gets up, stiff and bruised, but to his own amazement, he is not really injured bar a few scrapes and superficial cuts. Chaos has engulfed the inn and its surroundings. The return of his hearing brings about the return of the noise that now fills the air. The sound of the chaotic first responders running through the chaos and starting to remove the first obstacles and orders being relayed mixes with the screams of those lying in agony or awaiting the stranger's mercy. And not just the horses panicking, but also those injured or maimed by the explosion. People are worse enough, but injured or dying horses screams still curdle his blood. For him, few things are worse than that. The overlying smell defies description, for better or for worse. Another thing he would have liked to forget sooner rather than later.

The first Lords and nobles are brought to safety. Alfred rounds whats left of the inn, smoke and heat surrounding the building like an impenetrable barrier. Still the Knight tried to get closer, as he had caught a glimpse of someone impaled on a beam inside, but apparently still alive. Yet, heat and flame drive him off. Looking around, his attention is directed to what is left of a small shack and what might have been some tents near the wall surrounding the courtyard. The wall has partially collapsed under the blast and pinned several figures under the rubble, who are frantically trying to get free as sparks have ignited the tarpaulin that they are caught under. The flames are still small, but they are quickly growing towards the trapped people... Hastily, he starts to remove the remains of the masonry. It takes time he is not sure he has and some of the pieces are heavier than they look, but despite the flames growing higher, he manages to clear the site sufficiently to allow the people inside to cut themselves through the heavy fabric. Smallfolk, by the look of them, Ser Alfred thinks he has seen some of them around a few carts in the camp before. Some of them are able to flee on their own, some require assistance, which the knight gladly provides. In the end, only two caravan hands remain among the rubble, dead either from the start or by the time their companions remember them.
Ser Alfred Haigh
Ser Alfred Haigh

Back to top Go down

Post by Jon Templeton Mon Dec 12, 2016 6:22 am

[ooc]Messed up with the Will roll, added bonus manually, along with +5 END for step 2.[/ooc]

Green Door Inn, Step 1 - Will TN9: 3d6k3 15 +2 to all future rolls.
Green Door Inn, Step 1 - Endurance: 4d6k4 17 +2 = 19

Green Door Inn, Step 2 - Endurance: 4d6k4 13+2+5+2 BoA= 22 +1 Glory

Green Door Inn, Step 3 - Awareness: 4d6k4+2 18

Hero of the Hour Score = 37

Placeholder
Jon Templeton
Jon Templeton

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next