Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[D4, EN] A royal arrival makes sparks fly - follow-up...

+7
Nathaniel Mason
Ser Jorah Holt
Lady Corrine Marsten
Kevan Lyras
Septon Arlyn
Luecian LongBow
Reader
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

[D4, EN] A royal arrival makes sparks fly - follow-up... Empty [D4, EN] A royal arrival makes sparks fly - follow-up...

Post by Reader Sat Nov 28, 2015 3:40 pm

[OOC: IC thread for any conversations about the Step Three clues you learned in the event/aftermath roleplay to avoid cluttering the mechanics thread]
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

[D4, EN] A royal arrival makes sparks fly - follow-up... Empty Re: [D4, EN] A royal arrival makes sparks fly - follow-up...

Post by Luecian LongBow Sat Nov 28, 2015 4:08 pm

Luecian follows the wagon tracks, spotting the muddy footprints near the gate. Strange to see muddy feet here with it being so dry the last few days. Likely this mud be carried from a nearby riverbank, Dang if the Septon didn't hit near the mark after all... The tracks end before he reaches a specific river but are in the direction of a few nearby ones. From me exploring the last few days I know many of these rivers have caverns connected to em that might of been used as a hideout or storage. Handy for these tricksy outlaws that many of the caverns be formed with more than one exit if things go bad for them, have to be a mite bit more clever than them to catch em all...

After finishing his thoughts he happens on Ser Kevan and Ser Jorah investigating the tracks as well. He waves them over and shares his thoughts and findings.
"
Ser Kevan, Ser Jorah glad to see you both be well. This be another shot of choas to add to the last few crazy days. Mind If I be sharing what I found to the each of you Sers and let you pass it along as needed to your own lords and ladies?"

He barely waits for their ackowledgement in his haste to share his knowledge and lessen the burden by sharing it across multiple strong and just backs.
"
Boy who opened the gate had muddy feet which be strange given the past few days dryness. Figuring they be hiding out in one of the rivers nearby here, likely with a natural cavern attached. Handy hideouts for bandits those be specially as often they have more than one way in or out. Have to try to cover both exits to make sure none of these outlaws be getting away from us. Spread the word me knightly friends, I be looking for Ser Walton or the Septon along with Master Nathaniel and Lord Dunstan as well to update them but ran across yerselfs on the way."

Bowing to both knights he continues hurriedly on his way, looking for the rest of those he feels he needs to still update.

Last edited by 183 on Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Luecian LongBow
Luecian LongBow

Back to top Go down

[D4, EN] A royal arrival makes sparks fly - follow-up... Empty Re: [D4, EN] A royal arrival makes sparks fly - follow-up...

Post by Luecian LongBow Sat Nov 28, 2015 4:47 pm

As he gets back closer to the remains of the inn, Luecian looks for Ser Walton but can't seem to find him amidst the chaos. Hoping he be allright, haven't seen him anywhere yet... Taking a short moment to catch his breath, he flags down Septon Arlyn and a nearby Nathaniel Mason to provide an update instead.

"
Septon! Danged if you didn't guess near right on earlier. Master Nathaniel, I be having a few facts to share if you be sparing a moment."
He repeats the same conclusions he shared with Ser Jorah and Ser Kevan.

"
Boy who opened the gate had muddy feet which be strange given the past few days dryness. Figuring they be hiding out in one of the rivers nearby here, likely with a natural cavern attached. Handy hideouts for bandits those be specially as often they have more than one way in or out. Have to try to cover both exits to make sure none of these outlaws be getting away from us."

"
Please pass along to the young lord present from House Bartheld Nathan, I also be thinking Ser Jon would be a handy swordarm to have along if he be willing."

"
Septon if you see Ser Walton please pass this along as well, I been looking but haven't yet found him. Have ye any news on the heir or the others of House Dulver?"

Last edited by 183 on Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Luecian LongBow
Luecian LongBow

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:05 pm

Septon Arlyn looks grimly at the burning shell that was once the green door inn. I hope that Ser Walton was drunk in camp when this happened, and not being entertained by the prince in the Inn.

"
Nay, Luecian, I have not seen any from House Dulver, excluding yourself. I hope that Ser Walton did not run into the building and get trapped, although if he did I'm sure that Ser Garred would have been behind him, Ser Raynald has been Ill at camp I believe, the injury he sustained from the day before is not healing as well as it should be, and Ser Jergen..."
Where is that knight?. "
I have not seen him since he left with yourself to go hunt those brothers wylde the day before. Hopefully he did not expire in the fire, along with many others it would appear. Although not as many as could have been expected, for there were many fine hero's here who dived into that burning building to save those souls. Yourself included good man. You are beginning to become quite the hero, from saving Lady Corrine, that knight, and myself."
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevan Lyras Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:29 pm

Ser Kevan is trying to make sense of some tracks he found near the inn, as the hunter approaches him, but the chaos from the attack is too much.

"
Agreed Luecian, thank you for informing us. I will make sure Lord Benedict will join us. Do we know how many men are hiding out there?"

Kevan Lyras

Back to top Go down

Post by Luecian LongBow Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:33 pm

Kevan Lyras wrote:Ser Kevan is trying to make sense of some tracks he found near the inn, as the hunter approaches him, but the chaos from the attack is too much.

"
Agreed Luecian, thank you for informing us. I will make sure Lord Benedict will join us. Do we know how many men are hiding out there?"

"
Likely to be not much more than 20 or so Ser given the size of most caverns and the tracks I seen so far but truth be told numbers ain't exactly me strength. Much higher than that be tricky to count anyways."
Luecian LongBow
Luecian LongBow

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Sat Nov 28, 2015 6:40 pm

Corrine returned from helping to move some of the wounded, including Ser Florian, away from the inn, and finding space for them in the Marsten pavilion. She trotted her horse around the scene, looking for clues as to who was responsible for the attack. She reached the gate, and studied the wet mud tracks thoughtfully.

"
The attackers came from somewhere with wet mud. It's much drier here. Near the river, most likely,"
she said to the gathered group.
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Jorah Holt Sat Nov 28, 2015 6:44 pm

"
Then we need to round up as many as possible to capture these men. Dead, vengeance is served, but who is behind this will be left free."

Ser Jorah Holt

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Sat Nov 28, 2015 6:46 pm

"
We should not all charge in at once. They could have more wildfire. I propose we form two or three groups, to approach the river caverns cautiously from different angles. At least one group should focus on stealth and scouting."
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Jorah Holt Sat Nov 28, 2015 6:57 pm

"
Indeed, we were already considering this. "
Trelane, I need you to round up people still capable of fighting and bring them to us."

ooc
Consider this invitation to join

Ser Jorah Holt

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Sat Nov 28, 2015 7:00 pm

"
Lady Corinne, I do suggest caution as you have started, I feel that we must act quickly on this information. I feel like, with their purpose complete, this murders will seek to flee. I doubt that they have any wildfyre left, I feel like this was their only target, and wildfyre is expensive. I do not think they would risk half measures here, as an attack on a royal party is sure to bring swift retribution down from the crown.

By the time we get the orders to our men, they could very well be gone, and all hopes of justice and vengeance with them.

Let us strike out swiftly, separating into two parties, with a mix of all the investigating houses, to show the crown that we can work together to uncover the truth."
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Sat Nov 28, 2015 7:02 pm

"
You make a good point. Let is waste no time then. Where are the others?"
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathaniel Mason Sat Nov 28, 2015 7:17 pm

Nathan arrives carrying a roundel with many large mugs of tea. Most of them chipped. He still wears his armor, but his beautiful red cloak is gone. He is covered in ash from head to foot. His face is a mask of soot and patches of his hair are charred. His appearance is a marked contrast for someone who prides himself on being impeccably clean, but he does not seem to notice his condition. He places the shield on the table and picks up a mug, savoring a sip.

"
They will have more wildfire, my Lady. At least another wagon full, by my estimation."
he takes another sip. "
And there will not be just men, there will be women and children too. These are not savy spies or evil conspirators. These are desperate and starving smallfolk who are bitter and angry."

Nathan glances at Lady Corrine. "
I don't condone their actions, but I understand them. You will need to decide if you want vengeance or justice. Shall we just slaughter them all? That would be easiest, and what many here will want.. and may even expect... and some may even demand. Should we kill a young barefoot boy for opening the gate?
Nathaniel Mason
Nathaniel Mason

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Sat Nov 28, 2015 7:20 pm

Nathaniel Mason wrote:Nathan arrives carrying a roundel with many large mugs of tea. Most of them chipped. He still wears his armor, but his beautiful red cloak is gone. He is covered in ash from head to foot. His face is a mask of soot and patches of his hair are charred. His appearance is a marked contrast for someone who prides himself on being impeccably clean, but he does not seem to notice his condition. He places the shield on the table and picks up a mug, savoring a sip.

"
They will have more wildfire, my Lady. At least another wagon full, by my estimation."
he takes another sip. "
And there will not be just men, there will be women and children too. These are not savy spies or evil conspirators. These are desperate and starving smallfolk who are bitter and angry."

Nathan glances at Lady Corrine. "
I don't condone their actions, but I understand them. You will need to decide if you want vengeance or justice. Shall we just slaughter them all? That would be easiest, and what many here will want.. and may even expect... and some may even demand. Should we kill a young barefoot boy for opening the gate?

"
Justice. Always justice,"
Corrine replied, resolutely. "
I want as many captured alive as possible."
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathaniel Mason Sat Nov 28, 2015 7:31 pm

Lady Corrine Marsten wrote:

"

"
For what purpose, my Lady."
he says softly, sipping his tea. "
If they are only to be executed later."

Corrine new what Nathan was doing. She knew Nathan wanted to spare these people if he could. Knew what they had been through. He was just saying what would be said. Many of the nobles would demand the deaths of all involved. Prince Aemond himself probably being first and foremost among them.
Nathaniel Mason
Nathaniel Mason

Back to top Go down

Post by Baelon Drakeson Sat Nov 28, 2015 7:36 pm

One of Baelon's Bloodrider's comes galloping in, coming to an abrupt stop by Ser Jorah. The man leans precariously far down in his saddle, and whispers something in Ser Jorah's ear.
Baelon Drakeson
Baelon Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Sat Nov 28, 2015 7:41 pm

Nathaniel Mason wrote:
Lady Corrine Marsten wrote:

"

"
For what purpose, my Lady."
he says softly, sipping his tea. "
If they are only to be executed later."

Corrine new what Nathan was doing. She knew Nathan wanted to spare these people if he could. Knew what they had been through. He was just saying what would be said. Many of the nobles would demand the deaths of all involved. Prince Aemond himself probably being first and foremost among them.

"
Everyone deserves a fair trial. I want to determine who was an orchestrator, and who was coerced from fear &
desperation. I said nothing of execution."
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Luecian LongBow Sat Nov 28, 2015 7:59 pm

Luecian eyes the mounted man that rode up and began whispering to Ser Jorah. Everyone here has secrets, even a man such as Ser Jorah apparently? Let's see if he shares whatever it is with the group or keeps it to himself. It will tell me something more about the man himself perhaps. I'm too curious for me own good, mayhaps I can have a listen... He tries to stretch his keen ears to make out what was being said to the knight.

[url=Awareness(Notice)-Try to what's being whispered to Ser Jorah][/url]: 4d6k3 12
(ooc-figured it was worth a shot, not exactly sure how this would work. A contested awareness roll with the bloodrider or beating his passive score?)

Entering the conversation that he had started with many of the gathered parties, Luecian tries to remind the group of the need for haste.
"
Apologies m'lord and ladies, but these men could be leaving at any time, and we best assume it's so. I can lead any men there and mounted ones are like to get there fastest. I'm sure it be wise to not rush in blind but if we tarry too long we risk coming up empty handed."

Last edited by 183 on Sat Nov 28, 2015 8:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Luecian LongBow
Luecian LongBow

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Sat Nov 28, 2015 8:07 pm

"
I agree with Luecian, and second his motion to hurry, however, I do think the question of what we should do with the women and children is a viable one. Do we offer safe passage for the women and children through our lines, but announce our presence? Or do we attempt to gain the element of surprise against the larger group, but risk innocent casualties. I am not one who is well skilled in warfare, perhaps those with more knowledge can provide an idea of risks and benefits or either option?"

Maybe someone can roll a warfare check to find out what the risks/advantages of either option. I would, but with my warfare I think that I am not well suited to the task Laughing
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Jorah Holt Sat Nov 28, 2015 9:10 pm

Ser Jorah nodded as trelane brought Argo to him.

"
I will take the bloodriders and secure the entrances. Nobody will leave before the rest of you organise and bring reinforcements."

Ser Jorah Holt

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevan Lyras Sat Nov 28, 2015 10:25 pm

"
Well, then let us not waste any time"
, Ser Kevan commented to the discussion, he seemed eager for a decision now. "
Ser Jorah, do you mind if I accompany you?"

Kevan Lyras

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathaniel Mason Sat Nov 28, 2015 10:44 pm

"
Forgive me."
says Nathan casually to no-one in particular. "
I am no warrior or tactician. However I should point out, a few of the more obvious issues."

"
Aside from the rather large and impressive green burning building, it is the middle of the night and pitch dark out. The rocky terrain will cause problems, even in the light of day. We have no idea the kind of numbers of people we are dealing with, and they know those caves considerably better than any of us. We have no idea what measures they have taken to protect themselves, other than the likely probability have a wagon-load full of wildfire."

"
As yet... I have not heard anything approaching a plan that addresses any of those issues."

"
I am also not sure the need for such urgency. Aside from the fact they are in a defensible position, and know it, these people will not run because they simply have no other place to go. I understand the desire for swift action, but I would prefer we not lose any more people tonight."
Nathaniel Mason
Nathaniel Mason

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Sat Nov 28, 2015 10:59 pm

"
If Nathan is correct, then we should use caution. If they have a wagon of Wyldfyre then the thread of a burining arrow should be enough to assure their cooperation correct? Make them surrender and come out to us, or we threaten to fire burning arrows into the cave?

I feel that if we can get them to surrender then we can find out where they got the wildfyre from. For there is a mystery as to who sold it, where it came from, and how it was paid for.

Where is Lord Drakeson?"

Last edited by 167 on Sat Nov 28, 2015 11:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Luecian LongBow Sat Nov 28, 2015 11:07 pm

Luecian listens to Nathan's words closely as he has great respect for the clever young man. "
If Master Nathaniel believes they still have a cache of wildfire left, we should surely proceed with caution when or if we be planning to enter the caves."

"
Never be knowing however where people might go or if whoever be using these folks tries to silence them before anyone can share a few words with them. I think it be wise to at least secure the tunnel entrances to the cavern even if we feel it unwise to try entry tonight."
Luecian LongBow
Luecian LongBow

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathaniel Mason Sat Nov 28, 2015 11:52 pm

"
If I had a wagon of wildfire. I would lay traps at the entrances of the caves to prevent frontal assault."
Nathan said blandly. "
I doubt it would be casually left out in the open for you to threaten them with, Septon."

"
There is another thing to consider. As much as Lady Marsten may wish to take these people alive, they may have substantially different ideas. They may feel that what they have done is unforgivable, and may fight tenaciously, preferring to die in battle than be taken. A desperate man is at his most dangerous when cornered."

"
They may also decide to take their own lives rather than be put to the question of face execution. Remember they have absolutely no reason to believe they will be treated fairly after attempting to kill the royal entourage. I, for one, would prefer not to walk into a cavern filled with the bodies of women and children who have turned to the knife to spare them and themselves from a nobles' 'justice'. I have seen more than enough of those for one week.

"
By all means. Secure the entrances. I may be that they will not be able to escape. However, unless your prepared to negotiate with them, I expect we will have a lot more corpses to deal with when all is done."
Nathaniel Mason
Nathaniel Mason

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next