Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Day 4 Mid Nite] No lords: the proper response [Closed]

5 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

[Day 4 Mid Nite] No lords: the proper response [Closed] Empty [Day 4 Mid Nite] No lords: the proper response [Closed]

Post by Loreia Sun Nov 29, 2015 10:58 pm

Loreia initially descended into the caves shoulder-to-shoulder with the investigators leaving the Bloodriders behind to follow after the intrepid Lord Drakeson. By the light of her lamp, she lit unbeaten and rocky path for her to follow, with Badger creeping along beside them. The clang of steel on steel could be heard as they continued, the darkness swallowing their companions one by one, without even a vague count of who, when, or how many.

Suddenly, out of the darkness lunges a figure clad in metal, face grim with determination - or desperation? Shadows dance along the rocky walls as her lamp falls to the ground, and continuing as she swings in an arc to distance herself from the enemy.

"
Fire's a nasty way to go,"
she glares. "
Were you hidin' here fearin' swift justice at the inn, or to get as far away from the screams as you could?"

Equipment: breastplate, bastard sword(cas-forg), crossbow
Inventory: lamp, bolts, 1 oil, 3 waterskin, rope, pouch, flint&
steel, iron stakes (all kept in a backpack)
no shield

Loreia [url=Day 4 No Lords, no masters - Initiative][/url]: 4d6k3-1 9
Hound [url=Day 4 No Lords, no masters - Initiative][/url]: 4d6k3 16

OOC: I'm entering a cave, so I felt the need to be specific and prepare with what I have.

Last edited by 129 on Mon Nov 30, 2015 1:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Loreia
Loreia

Back to top Go down

[Day 4 Mid Nite] No lords: the proper response [Closed] Empty Re: [Day 4 Mid Nite] No lords: the proper response [Closed]

Post by Ser Jorah Holt Mon Nov 30, 2015 12:21 pm

Ser Jorah and Trelane entered the cave with Loreia. Trelane held a torch and his short sword in his other hand, standing behind Loreia and Jorah. Ser Jorah, as customary, carried his large shield and castle forged longsword.

"
Surrender,"
he called to the figure, unpreturbed by what they were about to face.

ooc
What, no ten foot pole or iron spikes? :;
):
Jorah - [url=Initiative][/url]: 4d6k3-4 11
Trelane -[url=Initiative][/url]: 3d6k3-1 7

Ser Jorah Holt

Back to top Go down

[Day 4 Mid Nite] No lords: the proper response [Closed] Empty Re: [Day 4 Mid Nite] No lords: the proper response [Closed]

Post by Loreia Mon Nov 30, 2015 1:07 pm

Oh, I do have stakes. Those come too! Though the rulebook lacks any mention of a metal pole in equipment, let alone its function.
Loreia
Loreia

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Mon Nov 30, 2015 6:01 pm

[OOC: foes.

6 Fanatical Woodsmen - Tertiary characters
Agility 3 Athletics 3 (strength 1B) Fighting 3 Endurance 3
Equipment: Greatsword, soft leather armour.
CD: 7
AR: 2
Health: 9

Tactics: They "
half-sword"
their greatswords or make overhand swings, given the tight quarters.
- They'll attempt to knockdown their opponents initially.
- Then switch to a mixture of assists, reckless attacks and even dropping their swords to "
grab"
opponents. These are fanatics.
- Once every PC is engaged, any left over will burst past and try to ignite a wildfire stockpile. This takes several actions but they'll use fatigue to speed the process:
1) to move there (generally two lesser actions from their opening location)
2) Grab a torch (a greater action)
3) Move over from the torch to the wildfire (a lesser action)
4) Ignite the wildfire (a greater action)
[OOC: your narrator recommends disengaging to tackle anyone trying to blow up the wildfire, even if it means eating passive attacks.

2 War-weary Men-at-arms [Secondary characters]
Agility 3 Athletics 4 Fighting 4 (Swords 1B) Awareness 3 Endurance 3 Will 3
Equipment: Shield, Long sword, Splint Armour
Attack: 5d6k4, 5 Damage
CD 9
AR 7
Health 9
- They will attempt to tie up PCs in melee for as long as possible while their more reckless companions do damage and bring proceedings to an explosive end.
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Mon Nov 30, 2015 6:03 pm

[url=Initiative][/url]: 6#3d6-1 11 5 7 10 11 7
[url=Initiative][/url]: 2#3d6-3 7 2
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Jorah Holt Mon Nov 30, 2015 6:40 pm

ooc - how far away are we from the torches and how many of them are in the way?

Ser Jorah Holt

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Mon Nov 30, 2015 6:42 pm

Ser Jorah Holt wrote:ooc - how far away are we from the torches and how many of them are in the way?

[OOC: Various scattered around the room for narrative purposes - the Wildfire is stored in various alcoves etc. A safe distance from the numerous torches, but lots of scattered caches rather than a huge stockpile. There aren't enough of you to guard all the stockpiles.]
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Jorah Holt Mon Nov 30, 2015 7:04 pm

[url=tie breaker][/url]: 4d6k3-4 10 for initiative

Ser Jorah Holt

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Mon Nov 30, 2015 7:07 pm

Initiative

Badger the hound
Fanatic
Fanatic
Ser Jorah Holt
Fanatic
Loreia
Squire Trelane
Fanatic
Fanatic
Man at arms
Fanatic
Man at arms
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Loreia Mon Nov 30, 2015 8:00 pm

Round 1

Loreia issues a command, and without further guidance, Badger lunges for the nearest enemy. He digs deep into a fanatic's side, ripping at flesh thinly guarded by cloth. The enemy shoves the dog away, but not before grievous harm has been done. As he clutches his bleeding flank, the hound locks jaws around his wrist.

Move + attack
[url=The proper response, Rnd 1 - bite fanatic][/url]: 3d6 17
3 DoS - 2 AR = 7 dmg + Grabbed

Enemy's passive Athletics is beaten and is now Grabbed. Pretty sure a canine's bite should count as a grab weapon.

Hound
CD 9
AR 0
Health 9
F/I/W 0/0/0
Loreia
Loreia

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Mon Nov 30, 2015 8:28 pm

Two fanatics rushed at Badger and Ser Jorah, attempting to one injuring the dog, the other failing to dislodge the doughty Ser Jorah.

- Lesser action: move move up to Dog/Jorah
- Lesser action: [url=Knockdown (first Loreia, Second Jorah)][/url]: 2#3d6+2 13 12
[OOC: Loreia - ignore your knockdown as your dog should really engage the highest initiative foe. He attacks the dog instead.
Ser Jorah narrowly keeps his feet]
[url=Attack][/url]: 3d6 12 - 7 damage to dog
- Lesser action B - delay to assist/attack later

Initiative

Badger the hound
Fanatic A - engaged with a hound, 2/9
Fanatic B - failed to knock down Ser Jorah. 1 fatigue
Ser Jorah Holt
Fanatic
Loreia
Squire Trelane
Fanatic
Fanatic
Man at arms
Fanatic
Man at arms
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Jorah Holt Tue Dec 01, 2015 12:16 pm

The situation in the cavern was going from bad to worse very quickly, but thankfully nobody had been able to ignite any of the wildfire. This was not a situation in which to panic and at all, despite the danger that they were in. If it were just a simple fight, he had every confidence that they would prevail, but to prevent them igniting the remaining wildfire would require a small miracle with these numbers.

One of the fools had tried attacking him, but his nimble feet had avoided it. He swung out his sword, almost casually hacking him down and rushed to intercept another one, knocking him clean off his feet.

Attack – lesser action [url=Attack fanatic B][/url]: 6d6k5+1 19 3 DOS for 15 damage - tertiary character - dead
Move to fanatic C - next one on the list
Spend one fatigue for knockdown [url=Knockdown fanatic C][/url]: 4d6k4 15

Ser Jorah
CD 12
Health 12
AR 11
W/I/F
0/0/1

Trelane
CD 7
Health 9/9
AR 4
W/I/F
0/0/0

Ser Jorah Holt

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Tue Dec 01, 2015 12:24 pm

Initiative

Badger the hound
Fanatic A - engaged with a hound, 2/9
Fanatic B - failed to knock down Ser Jorah. 1 fatigue. Slain by Ser Jorah
Ser Jorah Holt
Fanatic C - engaged with Ser Jorah
Loreia
Squire Trelane
[url=Initiative][/url]: 5d6k3-2 7 - Willum Royce appears on the scene given some PCs are busy and to reward House Marsten's recruitment of a competent canon squire.
Fanatic
Fanatic
Man at arms
Fanatic
Man at arms

Willum Royce
Awareness 3, Fighting 4 (Long Blade 2B) Agility 3 (Quickness 2B), Endurance 3, Will 3 (Courage 1B), Athletics 3, Weapon Master - Longsword, Talented (Fighting)
Longsword, Shield, Breastplate [Any PC can direct him]]
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Loreia Tue Dec 01, 2015 2:37 pm

Fanatic C is next, dear Reader. Pretty sure he's knocked down, too.
Loreia
Loreia

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Tue Dec 01, 2015 3:25 pm

The battered revolutionary struggled to his feet, awaiting aid before testing Ser Jorah's defences.

Fanatic C
Lesser action: springs to his feet
- Delay until someone moves beside him so he can assist.

[OOC: decent chunk of PC actions coming up between the two squires and Loreia, then an NPC bonanza]
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Tue Dec 01, 2015 3:35 pm

[I will help run the NPC bonanza of reader is afk when PCs complete]
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Loreia Tue Dec 01, 2015 4:05 pm

[OOC: What I'd like to do is move toward two adjacent Fanatics, or position myself between two Fanatics so that I am adjacent to both. Can I do that?]
Loreia
Loreia

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Tue Dec 01, 2015 4:06 pm

Loreia wrote:[OOC: What I'd like to do is move toward two adjacent Fanatics, or position myself between two Fanatics so that I am adjacent to both. Can I do that?]

OOC: Yes. That is surely what a Shieldmaiden should do!
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Loreia Tue Dec 01, 2015 4:41 pm

OOC: Hey I know, I'll train my dog to grab.

...Still round 1.

Loreia rushes two healthy fanatics and makes a half circle horizontal swing, catching one in his belly. Continuing the motion pulls the blade free. The enemy falls over backward from the power behind the attack, clutching at the wound and passing out, while the Shieldmaiden crosses blades with the other.

Move + attack
[url=The proper response, Rnd 1 - Standard, 2 hands][/url]: 5d6k4 11 +1 = 12
2 DoS -2AR = 12

1 Fanatic takes damage exceeding their health by 3 and is killed.

CD 9
AR 7
Health 15
F/I/W 0/0/0
Loreia
Loreia

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Jorah Holt Tue Dec 01, 2015 6:48 pm

Trelane rushed forward through the fighting

"
Hey, I like that dog. Leave him alone."
he shouted at the fanatic, jabbing his shortsword upwards through the man's neck.

ooc
[url=attack fanatic A][/url]: 4d6k3 13 2 DOS so 6 damage - 2AR = 4 and death for fanatic A

Ser Jorah Holt

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Jorah Holt Tue Dec 01, 2015 7:31 pm

Willum Royce charged forward noticing that they were engaged with the lightly armed skirmishers first and followed suit attacking the final two who were stood nearby each other ably cutting another one down.

[url=charge fanatics][/url]: 7d6k4 16 2 DOS 6 per dos = 12-2AR = 10 damage

Awareness 3, Fighting 4 (Long Blade 2B) Agility 3 (Quickness 2B), Endurance 3, Will 3 (Courage 1B), Athletics 3, Weapon Master - Longsword, Talented (Fighting)

Ser Jorah Holt

Back to top Go down

Post by Benedict Marsten Wed Dec 02, 2015 2:14 pm

Reader wrote:Initiative

Badger the hound
Fanatic A - engaged with a hound, 2/9 slain by Trelane
Fanatic B - failed to knock down Ser Jorah. 1 fatigue. Slain by Ser Jorah
Ser Jorah Holt
Loreia
Squire Trelane
[url=Initiative][/url]: 5d6k3-2 7 - Willum Royce appears on the scene given some PCs are busy and to reward House Marsten's recruitment of a competent canon squire.
Fanatic D slain by Loreia
Fanatic E slain by Willum
Man at arms A
Fanatic F
Man at arms B

Ser Willum Royce

Man at arms A rushes what appears the most dangerous foe, with help from fanatic C. "
Do it!"
he screams to the fanatic next to him(F).
[url=Charge vs Jorah w/ assist fanatic c][/url]: 5d6k3+1 13

Fanatic F seeing his opportunity diminishing moves guardly towards a nearby torch.
Lesser action: move
Lesser action: move

Man at arm B hopes to choke the onslaught of their noble oppressors so they may all meet their demise. He charges the warrior women with hopes of doing just that.
[url=Charge vs Loreia][/url]: 5d6k3 13
Benedict Marsten
Benedict Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Loreia Wed Dec 02, 2015 8:03 pm

[OOC: If only my dog could Grab. One of us is going to have to charge that fanatic, provoking enemy attack. I'm tough, I'll do it. My hope is that my attack is a guaranteed OHK with my adjacent cohort's +1D when I reach him. And I actually did some damage, nice.]

Round 2

The enemy's sword clatters ineffectively against her breastplate. Do it? Do wha--oh no.

Badger notices his master pointing frantically. He hears "
Badger, get 'im!"
Running at whatever Loreia's pointing at, he sees his target: a running man. In his haste, he almost blunders past the running man, but catches his jaws on his leg, almost surprised at how quickly he stops as he does so, growling through his teeth.

[url=The proper response, Rnd 2 - Charge fanatic][/url]: 3d6k2 10
1DoS +Charge -AR = 3 dmg

Hound
CD 9
AR 0
Health 2
F/I/W 0

Loreia
CD 9
AR 7
Health 15
F/I/W 0
Loreia
Loreia

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Thu Dec 03, 2015 8:56 am

[OOC: up to Ser Jorah's action now, thanks to Ben for his help.]

Initiative Round 2 - survivors
Badger the hound - acted, engaged with fanatic F who had rushed towards a torch
Ser Jorah Holt
Loreia
Squire Trelane - unengaged
Willum Royce - unengaged
Man at arms A - Engaged with Ser Jorah alongside Fanatic C
Fanatic F - engaged with badger
Man at arms B - Engaged with Loreia
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Jorah Holt Thu Dec 03, 2015 9:26 am

[url=Divided Attack][/url]: 3d6k2 8 1 DOS - 5 damage = 3 health
[url=Divided Attack][/url]: 3d6k3 15 2 DOS = 10 damage = health lost

The first blow struck the lighter armoured one drawing blood, the second blow also drew blood from the man at arms, but both were only flesh wounds. Jorah cursed himself. He should have just concentrated on one, but at least all of them were in combat and not able to grab a torch

Ser Jorah Holt

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next