Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Day 4 Mid Nite] No lords: the proper response [Closed]

5 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

[Day 4 Mid Nite] No lords: the proper response [Closed] - Page 2 Empty Re: [Day 4 Mid Nite] No lords: the proper response [Closed]

Post by Loreia Thu Dec 03, 2015 10:32 am

OOC: Fanatic C will probably attack Jorah. Afterward, I'm going for the runner. To reach him and make my attack while next to my cohort, I'll spend 1 Fatigue on sprinting in addition to injuries caused by the opps.

Loreia leaps into action. Determined to keep her hound out of harm's way and to bring down the runner with all haste, she exposes herself to attack as she turns to run.

Greater action: Sprint
F/I/W: 1/0/0

Fatigue: 1 spent on Sprint to allow Loreia to attack before her turn is over. Will continue turn after attacks of opportunity are rolled(assumed Standard). No contingent fatigue.
Loreia
Loreia

Back to top Go down

[Day 4 Mid Nite] No lords: the proper response [Closed] - Page 2 Empty Re: [Day 4 Mid Nite] No lords: the proper response [Closed]

Post by Reader Thu Dec 03, 2015 11:05 am

Loreia wrote:OOC: Fanatic C will probably attack Jorah. Afterward, I'm going for the runner. To reach him and make my attack while next to my cohort, I'll spend 1 Fatigue on sprinting in addition to injuries caused by the opps.

Loreia leaps into action. Determined to keep her hound out of harm's way and to bring down the runner with all haste, she exposes herself to attack as she turns to run.

Greater action: Sprint
F/I/W: 1/0/0

Fatigue: 1 spent on Sprint to allow Loreia to attack before her turn is over. Will continue turn after attacks of opportunity are rolled(assumed Standard). No contingent fatigue.

[OOC: they're passive checks, so opponent's fighting x4]
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Loreia Thu Dec 03, 2015 11:50 am

[Thank you. They each hit me for 3 damage.]

The two veteran warriors each return the flesh wounds dealt by Jorah with the same to the Shieldmaiden. Now out of range, she charges to catch up to the runner, who had been halted by her hound and turned sideways and exposed. She slashes expertly through his leather jerkin, gashing his flank. The blade catches on his ribs, guided with little effort into his torso cavity. Clutching at the wound, the runner coughs blood, wheezing as he goes down. Unless a maester chances to be hiding in the shadows, the only thing that stands between him and dying agony is a last request.

[url=The proper response, Rnd 2 - Standard, 2 hands][/url]: 6d6k5 16

CD 9
AR 7
Health 9
F/I/W 1/0/0

Fanatic C's turn came before mine.
Loreia
Loreia

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Thu Dec 03, 2015 1:55 pm

The fanatic engaged with Ser Jorah did little more than flail at the stout knight, but perhaps it would be enough to create an opening for his companions.

[OOC: fanatic C:

lesser action: [url=Knockdown][/url]: 3d6 9 - fails on Ser Jorah
lesser action: assist man at arms

Next up - squires]
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Benedict Marsten Thu Dec 03, 2015 3:41 pm

"
WE REMEMBER!"
Willum digs the toe of his boots into the cave floor and charges at the warrior circumvented by Loreia, in hopes of drawing him of her tail.

His deft sword strike is felt heartily by his opponent.

[url=Charge man at arms B][/url]: 6d6k3+1 15 2DoSx7=14-7AR=7damage

Willum
CD: 9
AR: 5
Health: 9/9
F/I/W: 0/0/0
Attack:6d6k4+1
Damage: 5(3+1longsword+1wpn mstry)

(ooc: I know Trelane is before Willum, but I assumed he would help his double teamed master. :;
): Also I figured Jorah would be rolling for him.)
Benedict Marsten
Benedict Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Jorah Holt Thu Dec 03, 2015 4:25 pm

The situation was improving, but there were still foes to fight.
Trelane ran over to where Jorah was fighting two foes and slashed at the lightly armoured one, drawing a little blood.

[url=attack fanatic C][/url]: 4d6k3 11 1Dos = 3 damage = 1 health

Last edited by 105 on Fri Dec 04, 2015 12:22 pm; edited 1 time in total

Ser Jorah Holt

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Thu Dec 03, 2015 6:01 pm

The two remaining men at arms fought valiantly, even if their cause was one doomed by Westero's social order.

Indeed, that very social order had come to crush them. Both Ser Jorah and Willum Royce emerged unscathed from the attacks they faced, years of training afforded by their social status and the finely wrought armour their rank had bought them combining to keep both men safe from harm.

[OOC:

Start of round 3 - survivors

Badger the hound - unengaged
Ser Jorah Holt - engaged with a man at arms and a fanatic
Fanatic C - engaged with Ser Jorah
Loreia - unengaged
Squire Trelane - engaged with fanatic C
Willum Royce - engaged with the men at arms
Man at arms A - Engaged with Ser Jorah alongside Fanatic C
Man at arms B - Engaged with Loreia]
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Benedict Marsten Thu Dec 03, 2015 6:11 pm

(ooc: Damn you Reader. You beat me by seconds. In my world Willum is not so lucky. Sad
Just posting this cause I worked so hard. Of Course Readers post stands.

Man at arms A

The man threw himself at Jorah to little avail. There armor rattled together noisily. Using the close proximity the war weary warrior lands a glancing blow.
[url=Knockdown vs Jorah w/assist][/url]: 4d6+1 10
[url=Attack Jorah][/url]: 5d6k4 14

Fanatic F

His eyes alight with the glow from the flaming torch upon the wall, the Fanatic fails to pull it from its holder as his life blood drains from him. Thoughts of the pesky dog and meddling noble lambs pushed from his mind. They would all stand before the Father soon.

Man at arms B

With a low shove the old warrior sends Willum to the ground. A smug grin plays across his tear streaked face as he brings his sword down on the young squire.
[url=Knockdown Willum][/url]: 4d6 15
[url=Attack Willum w/knockdown][/url]: 6d6k5 14 2DoSx5=10-5AR=5 damage)
Benedict Marsten
Benedict Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Thu Dec 03, 2015 6:17 pm

[OOC: Benedict's post stands, only adds +1 DoS and some damage against a now knocked down Willum Royce, but injects a little more drama]
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Loreia Thu Dec 03, 2015 8:38 pm

[Fanatic F is dead. Badger bit him and then I killed him.]

[The two enemies engaged with me when I sprinted off were one Man at Arms and one Fanatic. The Man at Arms' passive Fighting awarded him 2 DoS, while the Fanatic's awarded him 1. After AR, that's 3 dmg from the Man at Arms, and 0 dmg from the Fanatic. I should have 3 more Health at the moment.]
Loreia
Health 12

Recapping Fanatic C's health, to my knowledge: 5
viewtopic.php?f=191&
t=2179&
start=20#p62485

The first blow struck the lighter armoured one drawing blood,
Fanatic C takes 3 dmg

viewtopic.php?f=191&
t=2179&
start=30#p62519

Fanatic C takes 1 dmg

Round 3

Badger is still spoiling for another chomp, but at his master's word he holds back, if only for a while.

Pass

Hound
CD 9
AR 0
Health 2
Loreia
Loreia

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Jorah Holt Thu Dec 03, 2015 8:49 pm

The man at arms bounced off his armour both times to no avail. As much as it weighed, the plate had proved its worth many times over since he had purchased it.

[url=knockdown man at arms][/url]: 4d6k4 12
The threat was the man at arms, so Jorah turned and caught the man with his shield, knocking him to the floor as he hacked the fanatic down

[url=attack fanatic C][/url]: 6d6k5 25 4 dos - very dead

Last edited by 105 on Fri Dec 04, 2015 12:32 pm; edited 1 time in total

Ser Jorah Holt

Back to top Go down

Post by Loreia Thu Dec 03, 2015 9:29 pm

Catching a second wind, Loreia pushes herself to return to the veteran-squire skirmish and seizes the opportunity left by Jorah to swing downward at the tumbling Man-at-Arms(A).

Sprint
[url=The proper response, Rnd 3 - 2 hands, vs Man@Arms A][/url]: 6d6k5-1 14
2DoS -AR = 7 dmg

Loreia
CD 9
AR 7
Health 12
F/I/W 2/0/0
Loreia
Loreia

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Jorah Holt Fri Dec 04, 2015 12:30 pm

As Ser Jorah casually hacked down the final fanatic, Trelane considered piling in on the one on the floor, but then he realised Ser Willum was in trouble.

"
Squires together!"
he called, charging in his shortsword slipping past his opponents shield, only to bounce ineffectually off the splint armour.
This is going to hurt now he thought

[url=Trelane Charge][/url]: 4d6k2 9 hits for 1DOS and 5 damage, which does not penetrate his armour

1 fatigue to remove armour penalties for the turn just in case

Trelane
CD 8 (was wrong earlier)/ 10
Health 9/9
AR 4
W/I/F
0/0/0

Last edited by 105 on Fri Dec 04, 2015 12:40 pm; edited 1 time in total

Ser Jorah Holt

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Jorah Holt Fri Dec 04, 2015 12:38 pm

From his position on the floor, Ser Willum took advantage of Trelane's attack and momentary distraction of their foe to strike him hard and scramble to his feet.

Willum
CD: 9
AR: 5
Health: 4/9
F/I/W: 0/0/0
Attack:6d6k4+1
Damage: 5(3+1longsword+1wpn mstry)
[url=attack the man at arms][/url]: 6d6k4+1 17 2 DOS 10-7 = 3 health - injury needed I think
take 1 fatigue to get another action and get to his feet

Ser Jorah Holt

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Fri Dec 04, 2015 1:06 pm

Seeing their comrades fall all around them, both remaining disaffected sworn swords turned their training against the most formidable foes remaining to them, seeking to make an end worthy of a song. Seldom would men give their lives for a cause, but such was the flame Ser Hugh Rivers had lit in their hearts.

2 War-weary Men-at-arms [Secondary characters]
Agility 3 Athletics 4 Fighting 4 (Swords 1B) Awareness 3 Endurance 3 Will 3
Equipment: Shield, Long sword, Splint Armour
Attack: 5d6k4, 5 Damage
CD 9 [4 for one round due to Reckless attack]
AR 7
Health 2 (9)
Health 2 (9) [3 injuries] - think I've allocated the injuries correctly based on who was attacked, please let me know if this needs to be revised (will shift the rolls below slightly).

[url=Reckless attack, first against Loreia (-0) 2nd against Jorah (-3_][/url]: 2#6d6k5 23 17
5 Damage per DoS
Total v Loreia = 20
Total v Ser Jorah = 14
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Jorah Holt Fri Dec 04, 2015 8:25 pm

[url=attack man at arms][/url]: 6d6k5+1 14 3 dos, so 15 damage. I suspect that's a kill

As Loreia attacked the man he knocked to the floor, the other man attacked, scraping his sword against his armour to no avail, weakened by his wounds. Thankfully he had left the squires alone. Explaining how Trelane came to be injured he did not fancy.
"
let's end this."
bringing his sword down

Ser Jorah Holt

Back to top Go down

Post by Loreia Fri Dec 04, 2015 8:31 pm

Seeing his master hurt, Badger can't hold back anymore. He charges his master's aggressor with a ferocious bark. The smooth grey stones girding the enemy yield little to his teeth. His jaw slides down and finds a vulnerable spot, which he tears with all the force behind his running start.

[url=The proper response, Rnd 4 - Charge Man@Arms A][/url]: 5d6k2 11
Charge * 2DoS -AR = 3 dmg

Badger is adjacent to Loreia again.

Man-at-Arms A
Health -1
Injuries 0

Hound
CD 9
AR 0
Health 2

Loreia
CD 9
AR 7
Health 4
F/I/W 2/1/0

Loreia's turn coming soon

Last edited by 129 on Fri Dec 04, 2015 8:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Loreia
Loreia

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Fri Dec 04, 2015 8:32 pm

Ser Jorah's foe was felled by a powerful strike, leaving a single man at arms to face Loreia and her allies...

[OOC: he is indeed defeated]
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Loreia Fri Dec 04, 2015 9:43 pm

Feeling secure and protective of her hound as he rejoins her side, Loreia seeks to bring these traitors the swift punishment they deserve. She focuses on the opening in her enemy's flailing attempt to go down swinging with an overhead strike, cleaving through the splint mail and creating an irreparable gory crevice running from shoulder to chest.

[url=The proper response, Rnd 4 - Reckless vs Man@Arms][/url]: 7d6k6-2 27
dmg = 21

When he falls, she delivers the killing blow with a downward thrust, turning the blade after it pierces his heart. Clutching the gash in her sword arm, delivered from an enemy's attempt to sever it, she grunts softly, smiling at their success. "
We'll tell Lord Marsten you fought well, Willum. You too, Trelane. Thanks for lookin' after Badger."

[Consequence for my enemies defeated: death]
Loreia
Loreia

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Fri Dec 04, 2015 9:57 pm

Loreia delivered a powerful telling blow, followed by the coup de grace. Suddenly, the cavern is still once more.

[OOC: one unit of warfare scale Wildfire is recovered here as none was detonated. The investigating houses can seize it, return it to the Throne/pyromancers or whatever else occurs to them.]
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Jorah Holt Sat Dec 05, 2015 10:08 am

Trelane nodded at Loreia, reaching out and stroking Badger, careful to avoid his cuts.

Jorah sheathed his sword and looked around at the carnage. Too many people died today and more would follow if Prince Aemond was not placated.

"
You did your duty today and the Realm salutes your courage. but we have another problem. What to do with the Wildfire?"

"
Destroy it, this substance should not be used."
Trelane suggested, the normal mirth in his voice missing

Ser Jorah Holt

Back to top Go down

Post by Loreia Sat Dec 05, 2015 2:58 pm

"
I don't see a way to do that without gettin' ourselves burned."
Loreia
Loreia

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Jorah Holt Sat Dec 05, 2015 3:01 pm

Trelane looked at her like she didn't know what she was talking about.

"
Pour out a line of it from a distance going to the stockpile and then light the line and run."

Ser Jorah Holt

Back to top Go down

Post by Loreia Sat Dec 05, 2015 4:07 pm

"
Right, but this's wildfire. I s'pose we can, as long as we can control it."

[Let's assume we have sand on hand to keep the wildfire from burning back up the line, I assume made with oil unless you have something else in mind. I have some oil...]
Loreia
Loreia

Back to top Go down

Post by Benedict Marsten Sat Dec 05, 2015 5:43 pm

"
You are not talking of doing it now!? There are others in the cavern. Smallfolk and Lord Marsten. It could bring down the whole place."
Willum looks up from cleaning his blade.
A bit of suspicion is mixed with his faces worry.
Benedict Marsten
Benedict Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next