Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[D8, PutG] Lord Bartheld vs Ser Daeron Velaryon

5 posters

Go down

[D8, PutG] Lord Bartheld vs Ser Daeron Velaryon Empty [D8, PutG] Lord Bartheld vs Ser Daeron Velaryon

Post by Davain Bartheld Wed Jan 20, 2016 2:30 pm

Davain begrudgingly step out for the pavilion onto the tourney grounds. Thoughts flooded Davain mind when he heard the cheer coming from the smallfolk that much rather be hear then at the Trails.

What A waste of time.
Doesn't Lord Bracken know that we have better things to do then spear each other with sticks?
Why are the smallfolk cheering, they don't even know who I am. Gods bless them.

He made his way over to where his squire, Tristram Hightower, waited with his horse and lance. "
Well than let’s get this over with."
he said to the boy as he mounted his horse.

Passive Ride: 13
AR: 9
Health: 9
High in Saddle +2
Davain Bartheld
Davain Bartheld

Back to top Go down

[D8, PutG] Lord Bartheld vs Ser Daeron Velaryon Empty Re: [D8, PutG] Lord Davain vs Ser Daeron Velaryon

Post by Reader Wed Jan 20, 2016 6:52 pm

Lord Davain found himself matched against an obscure Velaryon in service to Lord Bracken of all things, a Ser Daeron, with all his family's Valyrian looks but none of the personal family so many from that family had won.

"
The Brave!"
he bellowed, kicking his dappled courser towards Lord Bartheld.

Passive Ride: 9
AR: 7
[url=High in the saddle +2][/url]: 7d6k3+2 18 - 2 DoS = 14 Damage before AR, TN 12 to remain mounted
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

[D8, PutG] Lord Bartheld vs Ser Daeron Velaryon Empty Re: [D8, PutG] Lord Davain vs Bracken Knight

Post by Davain Bartheld Wed Jan 20, 2016 7:20 pm

Davain rolled his eye at the knight's cry for battle and spurred his horse down the lane, riding as high as he can in order to best hit his opponent

Passive Ride: 13
AR: 9
[url=High in the Saddle +2][/url]: 7d6k3+2 19 - 3 Dos = 30 Damage before AR, TN 15 to remain mounted
[url=To remain mounted][/url]: 4d6k3-2 13
[url=Catch your breath][/url]: 4d6 12 3 DoS
Davain will take the 5 Damage and restores 3 heath with catch your breath.
Davain Bartheld
Davain Bartheld

Back to top Go down

[D8, PutG] Lord Bartheld vs Ser Daeron Velaryon Empty Re: [D8, PutG] Lord Bartheld vs Ser Daeron Velaryon

Post by Reader Wed Jan 20, 2016 7:25 pm

Both lances were well placed, it seems the Warrior at least had blessed the peace! However, Lord Bartheld's blow was better placed and he was the surer rider, leaving him ahorse and Ser Daeron stricken in the mud...

[OOC: Ser Daeron cannot take sufficient injuries to resist Lord Bartheld's stunning blow and slumps from his saddle.

The victor determines his fate and ransoms his splint armour, courser and shield]
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

[D8, PutG] Lord Bartheld vs Ser Daeron Velaryon Empty Re: [D8, PutG] Lord Bartheld vs Ser Daeron Velaryon

Post by Davain Bartheld Wed Jan 20, 2016 7:43 pm

Davain cockiness barely left him astride his horse. Dropping his broken lance and wheeling the horse around. He was surprised to see the knight on the ground, his leg twisted at an odd angle.

[url=Even he unconsciousness, odd he breaks a leg][/url]: 1d6 5

[The dice god have seen fit to break his leg. I will leave this up to Reader if it a permanent or temporary maim ]

Davain will ransom back Ser Daeron's armor and horse back for 8 gold dragons. The shield is Davain's to keep.
Davain Bartheld
Davain Bartheld

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Wed Jan 20, 2016 7:53 pm

Ser Daeron's squire will only offer up the customary 1600ss, having been instructed as to the fair price for his master's horse and arms, but seems content to

Maester Humphrey provides some assistance, the normally haughty maester rushing through the mud to perform his duties. However the break is bad and may cripple Ser Daeron for life if set poorly. He's an undistinguished man, but carries the blood of one of Westeros's most noble lines...

[OOC:
Why leave it up to me when we can tell a story?

It's a bad break, but there are several skilled healers in attendance who can aid Maester Humphrey.

Healing (treat injury) TN 12 to set the leg properly or the injury will be permanent. Diagnosis doesn't help here, the cause of injury is obvious.
Critical failure renders Ser Daeron unable to walk.

Even if one PC has already succeeded, others can assist by rolling at the same TN (maximum of two PCs before it is too crowded)]
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Davain Bartheld Wed Jan 20, 2016 8:02 pm

[OOC: Bad math on my part. I will take the 1600 ss]

[url=Ser Daeron's leg][/url]: 2d6 6

As of right now it looks like it will be permanent.
Davain Bartheld
Davain Bartheld

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Wed Jan 20, 2016 8:37 pm

Septon Arlyn rushes over to the injuried man from the Maester's tent, along with a few others. He can hear the man groaning, the pain likely causing him to flutter in and out of consciousness. "
Good knight remain where you are, don't try moving or you might injure yourself more. Septon Arlyn assess the leg and one of the assistants tries to remove the knights boot. "
stop!"
Commands Septon Arlyn. "
I've seen injuries like this before. If we are not careful we may cause more damage."
Septon Arlyn points to the boot remover. "
Go get the latter leather cutters, we will remove the boot with those rather then risk his leg. Boots can be bought or repaired. Legs are much more difficult.

Septon Arlyn then points to another man. "
you, go grab the wooden boards, he is not able to respond and I want to make sure that he has not damaged his spine. "
Septon Arlyn continues to pour over the man, asking him questions but only getting incoherent responses.

Finally the man you went to get the boot shears returns. As Septon Arlyn moves to cut the boot the knight gasps and grabs at the Septon's arm. "
Not the boots!"
He pleads. "
They were a gift from father."

"
Well I'm going to give you the gift of walking. And help save your leg which your father also gave you."
Septon Arlyn retorts. "
You and you,"
Septon Arlyn gestures to the stretcher boy and shear boy. "
Hold him down and keep him from doing anything stupid."

Septon Arlyn then cuts the boot off of the knights foot and exposes his feet. Feeling for a pulse Septon Arlyn's face grows grave. "
I can't find a pulse. "
the Septon mutters to himself. "
I'm going to have to set your leg, or you will likely lose it. You,"
he gestures to another boy, "
in my masters kit is some milk oh the poppy. Go get it to relive his pain"
Septon Arlyn looks at the sprawled knight and gives him a sympathetic wince, "
this is going to hurt like the seven hells good knight. But I need you to stay with me for a while so I can assess if we can get sensation back to your foot. Can you do this for me?"
Septon Arlyn asks, his tone between a plead and command.

The young knight nods his head.

With a sickening grinding sound Septon Arlyn straightens the Knights leg. The young boy who brought over the milk of poppy loses his stomach at the sound., however Septon Arlyn reminds steadfast, even with the knights screaming and cursing. Gods these knights and their precious honor. At least I was here to help save this man's leg. thinks Septon Arlyn. The grinding noise stops and Septon Arlyn checks the feeling of the knights toes. The knight nods that the sensation returns, but it's unable to speak through gritted teeth.

"
Good. Now bring me two sticks so we can splint this leg. I doubt you will be running any marathons soon, but at least you will keep the leg."
Septon Arlyn wipes the sweat from his own brow as he looks over the knight one more time.

Septon Arlyn then splints the leg whenever the two straight sticks are brought and helps the assists move him into the stretcher, then watches as he is moved off to the maesters tent.

Maester Humphrey is competent. He will be able to care for the knight from here. and with that Septon Arlyn find's a seat and let's the excitement and shakiness pass through him now that he is through the greatest part of the excitement.
[url=Healing test for totg day 8 Davian tournament][/url]: 6d6k4 19
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Wed Jan 20, 2016 9:38 pm

Lord Bartheld's ministrations, however well intended are inept. He shift the body unsuitably.

[OOC: horrible narrator complication.

+3 to future headling TNs, 2 DoS now needed to heal Ser Daeron. With the adjusted TN, Septon Arlyn has contributed 1 DoS and saved the leg from amputation, but it still needs to be set correctly.

Will allow total of four PCs to attempt this as Davain is shooed away, remaining two slots can both be heal attempts to one heal, one assist. Twisted Evil ]
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Sat Jan 30, 2016 6:55 pm

[OOC: deadline for this is Monday at 9pm UK Time]
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Daveth Coldbrook Mon Feb 01, 2016 8:55 pm

[Correct me if I'm wrong, but all that's needed is a +1 assist to the Septon to get him up to 20 and 2DoS, no roll required. If so, consider that done, with 5 minutes to go.]
Daveth Coldbrook
Daveth Coldbrook

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Mon Feb 01, 2016 8:59 pm

Daveth Coldbrook wrote:[Correct me if I'm wrong, but all that's needed is a +1 assist to the Septon to get him up to 20 and 2DoS, no roll required. If so, consider that done, with 5 minutes to go.]

[OOC: TN 12 ro assist here because I'me mean as noted previously. Deadline extended to allow for this roll.

"
Even if one PC has already succeeded, others can assist by rolling at the same TN (maximum of two PCs before it is too crowded)"
]
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Daveth Coldbrook Mon Feb 01, 2016 9:18 pm

[OOC: Oh, nuts. I can't read. That's what happens when I rush things. I thought the +3 difficulty applied to the assist as well, since you said it was at the same TN, so I marked it as TN15, but you've explicitly said it's TN12. Right.

[url=Attempting to heal Ser Daeron (TN15)][/url]: 4d6k3 11

So, what happens depends on your ruling: I'd previous said that I definitely intended to spend my last DP improving Lady Alysane's disposition towards me. If that's already taken effect, there's nothing I can do. If, however, that hasn't kicked in yet, I can use it to turn the BP into a test die, giving me the +1 I need to assist the Septon, giving us the 2 DoS needed to save him.]
Daveth Coldbrook
Daveth Coldbrook

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Mon Feb 01, 2016 9:51 pm

[OOC: I'll allow you to spend the destiny point here, preventing you from lifting Alysanne's disposition. You'll have to rely on Corrine for that!]
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwyneth Drakeson Mon Feb 01, 2016 10:01 pm

(OOC - Remember the assist from Leopold, if that's allowed. He's not a PC though, so if Daveth and Arlyn are both doing it, then that should work too. Smile )
Gwyneth Drakeson
Gwyneth Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Daveth Coldbrook Mon Feb 01, 2016 10:02 pm

[Done and done.]

After the tournament was done, and Daveth was finished with his other business, he heard of the stricken knight, and, on hearing his family name, decided to help. Heading over to where he was being treated, Daveth briefly introduced himself, then set about refining treatment, building on what was already done, to ensure the knight made a full recovery.

Having done so, he said his farewells simply, and departed.
Daveth Coldbrook
Daveth Coldbrook

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Wed Feb 24, 2016 8:35 pm

Ser Daeron's recovery is long, tortuous and trying. But the Seven are kind - at least he retains the use of his leg, thanks in no small part to Daveth and Arlyn.

In time, Ser Daeron write to his family at Driftmark to inform Lord Corlys Velaryon of the aid he received, taking the time to send ravens to Deepen Hall and Castle Grenward to express his thanks. Such were his doses of milk of the poppy that he remembers little of the incident, but all tell him that he has the two men to thank for preserving the use of his leg. He hopes to see both men once more while ahorse and to endeavour not to require their aid in the future.

[OOC: both Daveth and Arlyn are owed a minor favour from House Velaryon.]
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down