Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Day 8, PUG] The Salmon flips its tail (Loreia/Frank Mooton)

5 posters

Go down

[Day 8, PUG] The Salmon flips its tail (Loreia/Frank Mooton) Empty [Day 8, PUG] The Salmon flips its tail (Loreia/Frank Mooton)

Post by Loreia Thu Jan 21, 2016 1:39 am

Groans and scoffs are disputed by some cheers as Loreia is handed her shield and lance. She looks toward Lord Haig with uncertainty. Were you intrigued when I offered my sword, my lord? Ill-timed regardless, same as your hunt.

As if in jest by whomever prepared the lists, opposite her is Frank Mooton, whose sigil bears the Salmon. She offers no pomp, and on the signal, she raises her lance and charges.

Aggressive
Passive Ride 14
Health 15
AR 7

[url=Aggressive Charge vs Frank Mooton][/url]: 8d6k3+2 18
Easily at least 1 DoS
Loreia
Loreia

Back to top Go down

[Day 8, PUG] The Salmon flips its tail (Loreia/Frank Mooton) Empty Re: [Day 8, PUG] The Salmon flips its tail (Loreia/Frank Moo

Post by Reader Thu Jan 21, 2016 6:33 pm

The murmurs soon turn to boos. A political stunt for the Black cause? Some farce or insult to Lord Bracken? Whoever heard of a woman riding in a tourney.

[OOC: -1 influence to House Coldbrook]

"
Freak!"

"
Bear with tits!"

"
Knock her on her Black arse!"

Mud and a rotten cabbage are the only missiles thrown at least.

Ser Frank is chivalrous enough to ignore the abuse, simply saluting his opponent and kicking his steed in to a charge. He did the Green cause and his Lord proud, striking a fine blow to Loreia's shield.

However, he could not withstand her fury, slumping from his horce defeated.

Passive Ride: 9
AR: 7
Health: 9
Stance: Aggressive +2
[url=Aggressive][/url]: 7d6k3+2 20 - TN 12 to stay mounted, 14 Damage before armour. Given Loreia's unorthodox status, failure here is likely to have consequences, despite her opponent's defeat.
- suffers 3 DoS (due to aggressive's -2 penalty to passive defence) and is reduced to zero health (and cannot pass the check to remain mounted). Loreia determines his fate.
[url=Stay in the saddle][/url]: 3d6k2 11
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

[Day 8, PUG] The Salmon flips its tail (Loreia/Frank Mooton) Empty Re: [Day 8, PUG] The Salmon flips its tail (Loreia/Frank Moo

Post by Loreia Fri Jan 22, 2016 2:25 am

Bloody fools and turncloaks, all of you. Her eyes light upon the garbage tossed her way, willing it burst into flames. Then, she returns her gaze toward her unfortunate opponent...

Loreia winces as she takes the hit dead on. Her lance smashes right through Ser Frank's shield, passing through everything standing between it and his good health.

[url=Stay in saddle][/url]: 4d6 17
Consequences: Maiming. Nothing below the belt, nothing above the shoulders.
Loreia
Loreia

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Fri Jan 22, 2016 3:26 am

Corrine, appalled by the disrespect of the people jeering at Loreia, sends up a repeated cry of support, joined swiftly by her guards;

"
Shieldmaiden! Shieldmaiden! Shieldmaiden!"

[ooc: up to Reader if anyone else joins in.]
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Ereth Redwain Fri Jan 22, 2016 3:42 am

Ereth booming laugh at the knight's fall, applauding the woman warrior.

"
Shieldmaiden"
he giggles not sure why he is even saying it, but she won fair and square.

"
Cider on me gentlemen!"
Ereth opens his own bottle and takes a sip passing it by.
Ereth Redwain
Ereth Redwain

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Fri Jan 22, 2016 4:32 am

"
Bear licker!"
Shouts a scrawny small folk man next to Septon Arlyn. my gods these small folk are being uncivilized. just then Septon Arlyn sees a the man reach into a small burlap sack suspended from his shoulders by a thin strip of burlap. Not again thinks Septon Arlyn and he moves to restrain the man.

[url=Fighting brawling grab the fish flips his tail say 8 kings justice][/url]: 3d6 11

The man produces a rotten tomato from the bag its slimy stench wasting from the tomato in his hand and the juice started running down dripping off his wrist like thin water. As he arches his arm back to throw it Septon Arlyn grabs the man's wrist and prevents him from throwing it. "
What has this women ever done to you?"
The Septon growls and squeezes the man's hand until he releases the tomato having it drop uselessly to the ground with a splat only to be stepped on and its innards squishing under the Septon's boot. "
You owe that women an apology. For that is no way a man on the seven should treat a women, for the maid demands more respect then that for women."
Septon Arlyn raised his voice to be heard over the turbulent voices and chaotic sounds being heard.
[url=Day 8 convince the crowd to stop making a fool of themselves][/url]: 7d6k5+2 23

With that Septon Arlyn twists the arm he was holding behind the small folk's back and marches him over to apologize to the shieldmadien.
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Sat Jan 30, 2016 3:23 pm

Corrine's voice, supported by less sincere Redwain words and the Septon's religious authority restored some measure of authority to proceedings. The presence of armed guards from the royal investigators did the rest. It was a queer sight, but the royal peacekeepers had lived up to their title and there was enough goodwill towards them in the crowd to prevent any escalation.
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Loreia Sat Jan 30, 2016 3:46 pm

Hearing the septon's voice causes the nerves in her mind to bundle up, threatening to catch lightning the longer she remains on the field, and yet she can not retreat. The eyes of the crowd of southerners are drawn to her now, watching as the spectacle unfolds. Would the man apologize? What would she say? What should I say?
Loreia
Loreia

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Sat Jan 30, 2016 4:04 pm

Loreia wrote:Hearing the septon's voice causes the nerves in her mind to bundle up, threatening to catch lightning the longer she remains on the field, and yet she can not retreat. The eyes of the crowd of southerners are drawn to her now, watching as the spectacle unfolds. Would the man apologize? What would she say? What should I say?

Tam the wheelwright looked down at his feet, burning with shame or anger, it was hard to tell.

[OOC: Awareness (empathy) TN 9]

When he opened his mouth, a foul stench of alcohol accompanied his words. The man was drunk, but not so drunk as to not know better.

"
Seven forgive me, my lady."

There's a slight edge to the man's voice, perhaps just humiliation, perhaps more.
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Sat Jan 30, 2016 5:10 pm

Septon Arlyn listens to Tams apology and tries to sense his sincerity.
[url=Tam the wheelwright empathy][/url]: 3d6 14

"
Lady Loriea, "
states Septon Arlyn, "
this man about hurdle a rotten projectile towards you, clearly an affront against the seven. I have brought him here to apologize,"
Septon Arlyn looks at the man, "
sincerely. As well as to apologize for the way this crowd behaved today. It was not in the true spirit of the seven, thus I condemn this behavior in the sight of Gods and men. "
Septon Arlyn declares loudly.

Then stepping closer to Loriea he winks michevously. "
Besides, that was good riding. I think perhaps the old arochs himself displayed better horsemen ship"
he whispers to her
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Sat Jan 30, 2016 5:24 pm

In a continued hushed whisper he warns Loriea. "
My Lady, I would advise you travel with some guards tonight. For I serenely doubt the sincerity of this man's apology, and there appears to be a few of the rougher sort who would like to make the mootons even. So the best idea would to be stay in the coldbrook's camp and not give them opportunity."
Septon Arlyn looks at Lady Loreina seriously for a moment, hoping she would take his warning, then turns back to the drunk man, waiting for Loreia next action.
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Loreia Sat Jan 30, 2016 7:07 pm

Loreia doesn't need to carefully consider Tam's words to understand their true meaning. Anywhere else, she would have laid into him right then.

In answer to Tam, she says, "
They may yet,"
thinly veiling her rejection. One final glare before she turns her horse to carry her away hints at a shade of umbrage that remains with her, the only inkling of her thoughts made apparent on the surface.
Loreia
Loreia

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Sat Jan 30, 2016 7:52 pm

"
Tam,"
orders Septon Arlyn, "
follow me to Septon Arrick, I'm sure he would like to have summer words about your drunken display..."
With that Septon Arlyn heaved the man up by his arms, and led the way over to the healer's tent where Septon Arrick was tending to some of the injuried.
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Sun Jan 31, 2016 11:53 am

Restored to the presence of a more familiar holy man, Tam seemed placated for now, making a show of contrition to his regular septon.

[/scene]
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Sun Jan 31, 2016 12:00 pm

[/scene]
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

[Day 8, PUG] The Salmon flips its tail (Loreia/Frank Mooton) Empty Re: [Day 8, PUG] The Salmon flips its tail (Loreia/Frank Mooton)

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down