Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Day 8 PUG Ser Jorah Holt vs Ser Tymon Lannister

5 posters

Go down

Day 8 PUG Ser Jorah Holt vs Ser Tymon Lannister Empty Day 8 PUG Ser Jorah Holt vs Ser Tymon Lannister

Post by Ser Jorah Holt Tue Jan 26, 2016 12:33 pm

Ser Jorah rode in on Argo and waved to the crowd with his lance and saluted Loreia if she was in the crowd. He saw Septon Arlyn in the crowd, but as he knew Ser Tymon was to join House Dulver, it would be awkward acknowledging him. He thanked the Seven he wasn't facing any of the Knights who were dealing with the challengers to the treaty.

Saluting Ser Tymon, he charged forward for the first tilt.

Passive Ride: 14
AR: 11
Health: 12/12
details posted in personal forum

Ser Jorah Holt

Back to top Go down

Day 8 PUG Ser Jorah Holt vs Ser Tymon Lannister Empty Re: Day 8 PUG Ser Jorah Holt vs Ser Tymon Lannister

Post by Tymon Lannister Tue Jan 26, 2016 3:26 pm

Ser Tymon had spent some time out of his armor walking with Lady Helen before this final match with Ser Jorah. They talked, and the time, although short, helped put him in the good spirits before the next match. He felt as he would need it vs. Ser Jorah Holt, a knight of skill and excellent in the joust. With his armor back on, he swung onto his saddle, and settled his courser, Storm. He saluted those in the crowd, smiled at Helen as they both said "
Hear us Roar"
, then he shut his visor, moved to his place in the list, saluted Ser Jorah, and prepared to begin the pass.

Passive Ride: 16 (with defensive stance modifier)
Health 9/9
AR 8
F/I/W: 0/0/0
Stance: Defensive (2)
(Stance posted in personal forums)

Tymon Lannister

Back to top Go down

Day 8 PUG Ser Jorah Holt vs Ser Tymon Lannister Empty Re: Day 8 PUG Ser Jorah Holt vs Ser Tymon Lannister

Post by Ser Jorah Holt Tue Jan 26, 2016 6:31 pm

Ser Tymon seemed the friendly sort when they had met the other knight. Not knowing his opponents full capabilities, Ser Jorah kept a steady footing in the saddle, trusting in his aim to see him through the first tilt, his blow impacting fully on Ser Tymon's shield, rocking his opponent.

[url=Tilt 1 vs Ser Tymon][/url]: 9d6k4 21 realised I've been underusing the number of dice I'm allowed - 2 DOS for 18 damage

balanced stance

[url=stay in saddle][/url]: 5d6k3 12

Ser Jorah Holt

Back to top Go down

Post by Tymon Lannister Wed Jan 27, 2016 4:06 am

Ser Tymon thought to himself "
Lord Davain was right, this man hits like an anvil."
Tymon had been tested in the previous jousts but this was something else indeed. He had met Ser Jorah the night before, and had a drink with him. Tymon thought "
The man is friendly and good humored over a drink, and a stone cold killer on the list."
He smiled to himself "
I think in time I could call such a man a friend"

(OOC - It warms the cockles of my heart that you discovered your dice error in time to rock my world Shocked )

[url=Ser Jorah Holt vs Ser Tymon Lannister Pass 1][/url]: 10d6k4-2 21
2 DoS - 5 Damage after AR and forcing a TN 12 stay in saddle.

[url=Ser Jorah Holt vs Ser Tymon Lannister Pass 1 Ride Check][/url]: 5d6k3 9 - Use Lucky to re-roll

[url=Ser Jorah Holt vs Ser Tymon Lannister Pass 1 Ride Check - Lucky][/url]: 5d6k3 11
Use DP to convert bonus die to a test die on the ride check- Ride Check 14

10 Damage - 1 Injury

[url=Ser Jorah Holt vs Ser Tymon Lannister Pass 1 - Catch Breath][/url]: 3d6 12 - 3 DoS = + 3 Health

Health 5/9
AR 8
F/I/W: 0/1/0
details for Pass 2 posted in personal forum

Tymon Lannister

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Jorah Holt Wed Jan 27, 2016 12:35 pm

Both knights struck each other with some force. A solid jouster, Jorah thought, not a surprise as he was knighted by the knight who knighted Ser Kevan Lyras. Taking the time to catch his breath, he took another tourney lance from Trelane.

"
I think your blow caught him worse than his did you Ser Jorah,"
Trelane advised.

[url=catch breath][/url]: 4d6k4 14 +3 health

"
There is still a lot to do here yet though,"
he replied, starting his second tilt.

Passive Ride: 14
AR: 11
Health: 10/12
details posted in personal forum

Ser Jorah Holt

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Jorah Holt Thu Jan 28, 2016 6:54 pm

Seeing Ser Tymon had not yet begun his second tilt, Ser Jorah halted.

"
Go and see what is going on for me Trelane."
Trelane nodded and ran down the edge of the standings. The squire sighed "
I forgot how much running around being a squire was going to be."
he said to himself.

Arriving at the other end, Trelane bowed.

"
My knight, Ser Jorah Holt, has bid me find out if there is a problem."

ooc
I'm spending a DP to negate Ser Tymon's, but we've agreed to play it out a little differently

Ser Jorah Holt

Back to top Go down

Post by Tymon Lannister Fri Jan 29, 2016 1:30 am

Tymon had been hurt on the first pass, and the pain was not receding. Ser Jorah had hit with such a tremendous force that he had only barely managed to stay astride his horse, and his armor had taken a hell of a beating.

Although he was trying catch his breath and push through the pain to focus on the next pass, he realized he would not be able to continue without risking permanent injury. He thought to himself "
I need to get off of this horse and have Septon Arlyn take a look at this wound."

He opened his visor and said to Trelane "
Although I would truly like nothing better than to continue and make the next pass, I fear I have been injured and will not be able to continue"
he said, wiping at the blood seeping through a crack in his armor. "
Could you please ask Ser Jorah if he would do me the honor of a pass with him, lances up and then allowing me to retire from our joust so that I may have the Septon take a look at this wound. I would hate to have to retire after only the one pass"

Tymon Lannister

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Jorah Holt Fri Jan 29, 2016 12:28 pm

Trelane rushed back and delivered the request from Ser Tymon. From his horse, Jorah gave a heavy nod, obvious enough to be seen and started Argo off on a canter, lance firmly pointing in the air. He saluted with the lance as they crossed. Ser Tymon had fought well to get this far and though it was a shame that the joust had ended so quickly, at least he could do him some honour and maintain his dignity in front of his betrothed.

Ser Jorah Holt

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Sat Jan 30, 2016 4:34 pm

Ser Jorah the Just was a popular champion, and his brave young foe almost equally esteemed for having defeated a Blackwood sworn sword but days past.

The crowd cheered wildly, the chivalrous display making up for any disappointment at being denied an epic match with multiple splintered lances.

[Ser Jorah Holt receives a prize of twenty gold dragons, made up of silver stags presented in a teak chest emblazoned with the Bracken stallion by a a beaming, boisterous Lord Bracken.

Ser Jorah Holt also earns +1 glory.

Ser Tymon Lannister receives a purse of ten gold dragon, presented in a leather purse with the Bracken horse sewn in to it.]
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Sun Jan 31, 2016 5:54 pm

Ser Tymon made his way over to the healers tent were Septon Arlyn was. A concerned look crosses Septon Arlyns face as he sees the young knight wince heavily as he dismounts off of his horse. The Septon approaches the young knight and helps guide him to the tent, the Septons tongue clucking disapprovingly a the young knights damaged armor. "
I always thought knights were foolish for spending so much on plate, but seeing how much better it protects them..."
Septon Arlyn takes a few moments to diagnose what the issue is.

[url=diagnose Ser Tymons injuries day 8 PUTG][/url]: 4d6 13
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Tymon Lannister Mon Feb 01, 2016 1:37 am

Tymon made his way to the healers tent and had a nearby page help unbuckle his armor. His left shoulder had been injured when Ser Jorah had struck him, driving his shield into his shoulder. The force of the blow had been so hard that it had bent some of his armor. It had been a hard enough hit to leave his shoulder an ugly purple, and the armor had cut into his shoulder, where blood was now seeping from the wound.

He smiled at the Septon and said "
Septon, it appears as if I am a bit worse for the wear after that last pass. I would appreciate you taking a look at the shoulder and see to its mending."

Tymon Lannister

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Mon Feb 01, 2016 8:06 pm

"
Of course Ser Tymon, come here."
Septon Arlyn gestures to a wooden stool that the Septon had set up by a squat wooden table, his Maester's kit was set up with supplies spread across the table. Septon Arlyn looks at the knights injuried shoulder then clicks his tongue once more on the roof of his mouth. "
It looks like you have some pooling of humours under the skin, we had best leech the bad blood away."

Septon Arlyn reaches of the leeches he had stored in a glass container. Removing the containers lid the Septon reaches for a small metal probe, scraping some of the congealed blood from the side of Ser Tymon's fresh wound. With the collected specimen Septon then moves over to the glass and puts the leaden probe into the container, causing the small blackish green leeches to go into a frenzy, latching onto the probe. As the Septon begins to remove the leeches he says, "
your lucky that you managed to remain seated. Another knight in this tournament was not so lucky. He may very well end up with a limp for the rest of his life."
Septon Arlyn calmly speaks, although an edge of concern entered his voice.

"
Should you be competing in less quality armor then plate? I fear the wrath I would take from Lady Helen if her love would have fallen at the joust."
Septon Arlyn begins applying the leeches, then offers the young knight some milk of the poppy.

[url=Treat Ser Tymon day 8 PUTG][/url]: 6d6k4 16
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Jorah Holt Tue Feb 02, 2016 12:29 pm

With Ser Tymon having to retire injured, Ser Jorah decided to check up on him. He liked the young knight and hoped it was nothing too serious. Making his way to the healer's tent, he inquired within.

Ser Jorah Holt

Back to top Go down

Post by Tymon Lannister Wed Feb 03, 2016 2:10 am

Tymon was sitting down in the healer's tent when Ser Jorah came into the tent. He grimaced as Septon Arlyn was working on his shoulder. He turned to Ser Jorah and said "
Ser Jorah, I thank you for allowing me to retire the field with honor. As you can see I am a bit worse for wear but at least by retiring it looks as if I will avoid any serious injury."
He had only recently met Ser Jorah, but after spending some time drinking with him, and then the honor he had showed him in the joust, he liked the man.

Tymon Lannister

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Jorah Holt Wed Feb 03, 2016 12:17 pm

"
As you had to retire injured, I wanted to make sure it was not anything too serious, but I see you are in fine hands with the good Septon here."
Jorah smiled, "
at least I won't have to face the displeasure of your betrothed for doing you some permanent injury."

He coughed to one side before turning back to face Ser Tymon

"
As I have won the purse, I am not in need of funds. However, considering the activities of hunting down Faith Militant and finding missing damsels, I find that I will sometimes need assistance from people. I will ransom your horse back to you for money, but in exchange for your shield and armour, would you be willing to owe me a favour instead. The good Septon Arlyn will vouch for my honour and I swear I will not ask you to do something that would be in breach of your conscience or your oaths."

Ser Jorah Holt

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Wed Feb 03, 2016 5:33 pm

"
Ser Jorah is indeed an honorable man. A better knight may not be known in the seven kingdoms."
Septon Arlyn turns to Ser Tymon, "
it is a graciousness offer Ser Tymon. Know that accepting that deal that Ser Jorah will be true to his words. You may not find a man in the seven kingdoms who it would be better to owe a favor to."

Septon Arlyn turns back to Ser Jorah, "
I hear rumors that you are seeking the daleford girl. And Luecian seems set to help you. That is good, for he seems to have the one of the wanders stars next to his heart and I know you will not lead him astray from the path of the seven.
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Tymon Lannister Thu Feb 04, 2016 3:17 am

Tymon said to Jorah "
It sounds like a very fair offer Ser Jorah. I will pay for the ransom of my courser, Storm and owe you a favor for the return of my shield and armor."
He smiled and said, "
I would be hard pressed to explain to my family the loss of the Lion on my shield, my Lord Father might be cross with me."

Tymon Lannister

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Jorah Holt Thu Feb 04, 2016 8:01 pm

Septon Arlyn wrote:"
Ser Jorah is indeed an honorable man. A better knight may not be known in the seven kingdoms."
Septon Arlyn turns to Ser Tymon, "
it is a graciousness offer Ser Tymon. Know that accepting that deal that Ser Jorah will be true to his words. You may not find a man in the seven kingdoms who it would be better to owe a favor to."

Septon Arlyn turns back to Ser Jorah, "
I hear rumors that you are seeking the daleford girl. And Luecian seems set to help you. That is good, for he seems to have the one of the wanders stars next to his heart and I know you will not lead him astray from the path of the seven.

"
Thank you for the gracious words and I seem to be trying to avoid letting people's relatives be angry with them today."

"
Is there something in particular I should be looking out for with Leucian?"

Ser Jorah Holt

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Thu Feb 04, 2016 9:56 pm

Septon Arlyn laughs heartily then smiles his answer, "
why the gambling dens of course Ser Jorah. Our young friend seems to find himself in many a scape over those cursed bones. Although to hear him tell it there was simply a misunderstanding of course. He is a young man who enjoys traveling, although when he nears a settlement of any large size he becomes like a hound in the woods in seeking out those dens of gamblers."

Septon Arlyn nods.

"
Despite his flaw though a more honest and good man you will not find. His luck seems seven blessed as the worst he ever faced was that three legged shadow cat that he now wears about his neck."
Septon Arlyn gives a wink and makes a shushing gesture. "
But he is a strong man to have in a fight. Or at least his bow he gave that women's name to..."
Septon Arlyn snaps his fingers in remembrance. "
Lyanna I think is what he calls her."

"
But you yourself saw his mastery at that little archery competition he had. Out shot the black ally herself! I'm fact I think you even bet on him yourself at that little competition. And as far as tracking goes."

Septon Arlyn held up his hands in mock defeat.

"
He has even impressed Lord Haig with his skills. For a small folk he sure has done much in his time. I knew had great potential but even I was surprised at how successful he has been."
Finished Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Jorah Holt Sun Feb 07, 2016 4:06 pm

"
It must be a serious problem if you are willing to ask me to keep an eye on him."
Ser Jorah considered the situation, "
Does he have any debts do you know? Some of his behaviour might be because he is trying to pay off monies he owes. Trelane and I will keep an eye on him and try to keep him out of trouble, though as I will have an impressionable squire with me, it will certainly be interesting."

Ser Jorah Holt

Back to top Go down

Post by Luecian LongBow Sun Feb 07, 2016 6:58 pm

(Alas no good deed goes unpunished...our good huntsman only selflessly does his part to stimulate the local economies of various places he visits. I was toying with trying to make a new drawback for gambling addiction)
Luecian LongBow
Luecian LongBow

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Mon Feb 08, 2016 2:29 am

(OOC, that would be fun :-) , but until you do I'm just going with a mild nuisance, not quite full on drawback yet.)

"
Alas, it's not so bad as to make an issue, but instead of focusing on games of skill, of tournaments and the like, he instead prefers games of chance. So far the mother has blessed him in that he has never incurred a debt that could not be paid, or worked off as the case might be. But I've had multiple talks with our Archer friend and he has still not been completely dissuaded from that path. Perhaps spending time with an honorable knight such as your self can show him a better way. Eh Ser Jorah?"
Asks Septon Arlyn with a wink.
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Jorah Holt Mon Feb 08, 2016 12:50 pm

"
I'll see what I can do. It didn't work on Garret Snow, but I'm sure we can do something, perhaps encourage him onto games of skill at least."

Ser Jorah Holt

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Mon Feb 08, 2016 6:26 pm

Garrett snow, he was the bastard of Lord Coldbrook. The man whose blood indicated he should inherit before Daveth. Was Ser Jorah in charge of his training? What trouble could cause Ser Jorah to bemoan Garrett's training? thinks Septon Arlyn.

"
What did Garrett do Ser Jorah? Does he have a gambling problem as well?"
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Jorah Holt Wed Feb 10, 2016 12:28 pm

Jorah laughed at the comment. "
No, gambling was not an issue for Garret. Training Garret as a warrior was easy,"
Jorah sighed, remembering those days whilst only a few years ago that now seemed an age, "
a certain level of discipline regarding women has always been an issue. You may recall an incident last year with lord Marsten during the chaos that erupted at House Tully's tournament because of a roving eye. Keeping them busy, giving them responsibility that can not shirk without consequence I think is the best way."

And hopefully House Coldbrook does not end up in a stupid feud over minor greivances

Ser Jorah Holt

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down