Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[D9/Epilogue: MM] Breakfast and Cartography (closed)

4 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

[D9/Epilogue: MM] Breakfast and Cartography (closed) - Page 2 Empty Re: [D9/Epilogue: MM] Breakfast and Cartography (closed)

Post by Baelon Drakeson Thu Mar 17, 2016 12:56 pm

"
I think you are letting your greed for this artifact cloud your judgement."

Baelon jabs his forefinger into the table, emphasizing his point.
"
On a pragmatic view, I do not have enough ships available for your plan... it will not work."

Jab.
"
On a strategic view, it is foolish to risk my men for a small share of a treasure that may not even be there."

Jab.
"
On a moral view, I will not lower myself to assist a grave robber - and whatever tales you spin about doing this to protect your people from pirates that cannot even reach them, you intend to defile the tomb afterward for your own gain, and thus the description fits."

He shakes his head.
"
No, I am afraid I cannot participate under these conditions - and that includes funding your mission."

His next thought he refrains from saying aloud.
Not to mention you would ask a price for information which you have just freely given.
Baelon Drakeson
Baelon Drakeson

Back to top Go down

[D9/Epilogue: MM] Breakfast and Cartography (closed) - Page 2 Empty Re: [D9/Epilogue: MM] Breakfast and Cartography (closed)

Post by Gwyneth Drakeson Thu Mar 17, 2016 1:49 pm

Arms still folded, Gwyn adds, "
And if it's legacy you're seeking, I encourage you to consider well that legacy can be good or bad. You're seeking to change the past of your House, but is what you propose to replace it with any better? You're quick to judge the 'old' Bartheld ways...and while your financial acumen is clearly an improvement, moving forward with this plan would cast into question your political and diplomatic skills. This artifact will only bring trouble if you try to claim it."
Gwyneth Drakeson
Gwyneth Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2